AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Research Project

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyLuna said:
I must tell the truth, I don't consider myself all that successful. I only make $35 a night on slow nights, and a modest $70 is my goal... (mind, I only work about 5 or 6 hours a night...) I think my biggest night ever was a whopping $230 for 8 hours of work.
You have a decent following, make more than most girls and have been around for awhile, I'd say that's successful in at least some points. :thumbleft:

AllisonWilder said:
I think this guy is called TheBammer since models got tired of saying they're pulling out the banhammer on his ass and just shortened it.

This should be his avi, since that's clearly what he needs at this point.

Edit: I'd like to volunteer for this too, send me a PM. :)

Wow, that was really funny there, fat ass. You need to worry about losing weight, you pig, rather than trying to think up lame ass comebacks.

LadyLuna said:
I must tell the truth, I don't consider myself all that successful. I only make $35 a night on slow nights, and a modest $70 is my goal... (mind, I only work about 5 or 6 hours a night...) I think my biggest night ever was a whopping $230 for 8 hours of work.

Luna, you are a nice person and don't act like you're "the shit" just because you are a cam girl. Too many of these ugly ass cam girls in this thread (like rose and evvie) just think they are the shit because they cam for 8 people in their room and they are complete jokes.

I'll just leave this here
obvious+troll+is+obvious+_bdddbc71ea86c5f86be10eb69fc33404.jpg

Back to the topic, this sounds like interesting paper. I hope you keep the thread updated on your progress and when it's finally out so we can read it.

TheBammer said:
AllisonWilder said:
I think this guy is called TheBammer since models got tired of saying they're pulling out the banhammer on his ass and just shortened it.

Wow, that was really funny there, fat ass. You need to worry about losing weight, you pig, rather than trying to think up lame ass comebacks.

Lulz. If you're gonna troll, at least be an original troll. ;)

Attachments

• ponies2.jpeg
    ponies2.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 349
AllisonWilder said:
TheBammer said:
AllisonWilder said:

Lulz. If you're gonna troll, at least be an original troll. ;)

Calling you fat after you stick your fat plain-face in my thread makes me a "troll"..ok sure there, chubs. Go spread your legs for the 8 people in your room (sure most of them are your relatives).

Although this is pointless, I just wanted to add that although I have a high camscore, I have yet to ever finish in the top 100. There are girls with much lower camscores than I, that make much more money. CS is about how much money you make hourly, but if you don't put in enough hours (like my lazy ass), it really doesn't mean much.

TheBammer said:
Calling you fat after you stick your fat plain-face in my thread makes me a "troll"..ok sure there, chubs. Go spread your legs for the 8 people in your room (sure most of them are your relatives).

How is this your thread? It's not. It's about a research project. You stuck your insignificant and arrogant opinions in someone else's thread.

Oh yeah, I also don't cam live, so if there are 8 people in my room, they've got to be awfully lonely by now. ;)

Apologies to the OP, but this thread has caused me to chuckle audibly (sorry, I don't use LOL) more than once.

Please carry on.

Where are my insults? I wanna sit with the cool kids yo.

Also, laugh all the way to the bank ladies, allll the wayyy to the bank :lol:

TheBammer said:
LadyLuna said:

Luna, you are a nice person and don't act like you're "the shit" just because you are a cam girl. Too many of these ugly ass cam girls in this thread (like rose and evvie) just think they are the shit because they cam for 8 people in their room and they are complete jokes.

...So, first you compliment me, then you insult two of the people on the forum who I think are incredibly awesome... Seriously?

Also, for shits and giggles I just want to add my :twocents-02cents:

Ive helped with these sort of things when my cam score was around 8,000 and I was camming almost nightly just as I do while it sits at around 3,000 and Im on like 5 days out of the month lol.

The girls who volunteer for these types of projects do so because they want to help the world see what camming is and what its about from people who know what the fuck they're talking about, as opposed to the endless opinions from idiots who know nothing and ooze ignorance.

So talk shit about any one of these girls looks and cam scores and it means absolutely nothing. See, from the bottom of page three to the top of page one, each and every one of us deal with the same ignorant, "outspoken" idiots and you aint nothing new baby ;)

And please for the love of god, expand your vocabulary, learn to capitalize the first letter in a sentence and for fucks sake spend some time at the optometrist so you can fix your so obviously damaged sight.

I'm really just feeling sorry for the OP who seemed nice and respectful and serious about her project.
I hope she doesn't think this is what a typical ACF thread looks like.

I volunteer by the way, feel free to send me a pm!

I hope Amber deletes the troll bashing post after banning his ass. In the meantime, just putting the troll on the ignore makes the thread merely weird as opposed to toxic.

I'd be interested in the OP posting a bit more of her hypothesis than just the couple sentence summary.

LilyMarie said:
I'm really just feeling sorry for the OP who seemed nice and respectful and serious about her project.
I hope she doesn't think this is what a typical ACF thread looks like.

I volunteer by the way, feel free to send me a pm!

Maybe I'm just a goddamn optimist, ( ;) ) but I actually think that this thread could be useful to the OP. It gives them a sense of what we all have to deal with everyday. Personally, I think, it keeps it real. We do get lots of trolls. It's almost hard to talk about our job without mentioning them. At least now we have a point of reference.

Jupiter551 said:
TheBammer said:
Jupiter takes it up the ass because Nordling bit his tiny dick off
then what happened?
zgHKY.gif

:lol:

i read the first few posts here when the OP opened this thread and thought "cool"...i personally love projects like this, and was glad to see so many models jumping on board

it's unfortunate that chronological age is not enough of a determinant to assess one's ability to enjoy camming and the people who participate in it....i dunno if bammer is still around or not (still catching up), but i'd planned on uploading this to mfc...bammer, i'm sure your level of self-absorption will soar, knowing that you have made this fitting place for it to make its debut :whistle:

i feel better now
:twocents-02cents:

Attachments

• dumbass emote.jpg
    dumbass emote.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 224
7699 camscore, and a little over a year's experience. I hope I'm qualified and I'd like to volunteer. OP can feel free to send me a PM if they still need volunteers. I don't think I'm "bottom of the barrel" :lol:

Reactions: DoctorVen
TheBammer said:
and because spreading your legs is your only skill in life.

For the record, I'm a full time nurse who is also going to Veterinary school. Feel free to insult my CS, as I take most of my payments through Payoneer. :)

Just as an FYI if you are going you agree to this you also have to realize that unless you say otherwise the author may acknowledge your screen name and what cam network you work for. Just because this is a research paper does not mean that it will be obscure and only a handful of people will see it. Published papers often have a much broader reach that you think.

Not trying to scare anyone off but if you are a model that thinks this is cool but at the same time is super secretive about what you do you might ask more questions of the OP.

:twocents-02cents:

I would happily help out with this project in anyway I can. Feel free to PM me. :thumbleft: :)

Also, if Nordling & Jupiter have been doing sexy times, I am highly disappointed I wasn't allowed to watch/film this. :| For shame! :crybaby:

CCRhyder said:
If this is legit, I am interested for sure :)

i'm curious how it plays out....
bammer said:
pointless insults.....in my thread makes me a "troll"....pointless insults
can't help wondering if bammer and the OP aren't one in the same :think:

Reactions: SoTxBob
FrankieChemical said:
I would happily help out with this project in anyway I can. Feel free to PM me. :thumbleft: :)

Also, if Nordling & Jupiter have been doing sexy times, I am highly disappointed I wasn't allowed to watch/film this. :| For shame! :crybaby:

I, on the other hand, am totally cool with you guy keeping that video to yourself. But I am curious, if Jupiter and Nordling do the dirty deed on chaturabate will they be allowed access to the Model only section? Or does Amber discriminate against male models :mrgreen:

This "bottom of the barrel", "fat ass", "MFC reject"---is still very much interested in participating!

Reactions: DoctorVen
HiGirlsRHot said:
FrankieChemical said:

I, on the other hand, am totally cool with you guy keeping that video to yourself. But I am curious, if Jupiter and Nordling do the dirty deed on chaturabate will they be allowed access to the Model only section? Or does Amber discriminate against male models :mrgreen:
she does :(

Hi everyone- I have been traveling and haven't had a chance to look at this now. Wow! A few things:

1. This project is 100% real. I will attach my proposal below for further clarification, and I can get a letter from my professor with a Purchase letterhead on the top for those who don't believe me.

2. I am not one of the trolls. I have no idea who those people are.

3. A HUGE thank you goes out to those who are volunteering and/or defending this post. My intentions are respectful; as mentioned before, all participants are insured anonymity and will be represented fairly and accurately if individually mentioned in my paper. Individuals will be assigned pseudonyms.

If anyone has more questions feel free to PM or e-mail me!

Research Proposal:

Topic of Study
Webcam sex work is a fairly recent phenomenon that has grown exponentially popular on various levels. It has essentially transformed the act of sex and sex work. For my project, I want to focus on a specific group of webcam models - 18-30 year old women from the United States.

Main Research Question(s)
I am interested in understanding how female sexuality is transformed and perceived through webcam sex, as well as how economic privilege and geographic location affect the dynamics of virtual sex work. While webcam sex websites are not limited to location, the experiences of webcam models vary greatly depending on their cultural context. Where, how, and why they decide to do this work is rooted in their corporeal situations and subjectivities. Who are the women that participate in webcam sex, and what are their experiences? Who are the viewers, and where do they come from? Is heterosexuality reinforced by virtual means?

Significance of Research
I want to pursue this topic because it explores different dimensions of sexuality, virtual sex, sex work, class, and gender difference.

Secondary Sources

AmberCutie's Forum. AmberCutie, n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2012. <http://ambercutie.com>.

Andrejevic, Mark. “The Webcam Subculture and the Digital Enclosure.” MediaSpace : Place, Scale, and Culture in a Media Age. Ed. Nick Couldry and Anna McCarthy. New York: Routledge, 2004. 193-208. Print.

Biddle, Sam. "Indentured Servitude, Money Laundering, and Piles of Money: The Crazy Secrets of Internet Cam Girls." Gizmodo. Gawker Media, 18 Sept. 2012. Web. 8 Oct. 2012.

Cam-Girl Notes. Forumer, n.d. Web. 8 Oct. 2012. <http://camgirlnotes.15.forumer.com/>.

Cherny, Lynn, and Elizabeth Reba Weise, eds. Wired Women : Gender and New Realities in Cyberspace. Emeryville: Seal, 1996. Print.

Garcia, Angela Cora, et al. "Ethnographic Approaches to the Internet and Computer-Mediated Communication." Journal of Contemporary Ethnography 38.1 (2009): 52-84. Print.

Millar, Melanie Stewart. Cracking the Gender Code: Who Rules the Wired World? Toronto: Second Story, 1998. Print.

Ross, Michael W. "Typing, Doing, and Being: Sexuality and the Internet." The Journal of Sex Research 42.4 (2005): 342-52. JSTOR. Web. 8 Oct. 2012.

Waskul, Dennis D. "The Naked Self: Being a Body in Televideo Cybersex." The Body Reader: Essential Social and Cultural Readings. Ed. Mary Kosut and Lisa Jean Moore. New York: New York UP, 2010. 252--281. Print.

White, Michele. "Too Close to See: Men, Women, and Webcams." New Media Society 5.1 (2003): 7-28. SAGE Publications. Web. 8 Oct. 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.