AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Research Project

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A girl who makes 10,000 tokens an hour would have a very large camscore, but if she only clocks a few hours a week on cam she won't even touch the Miss MFC rankings. Conversely, a girl who makes 2-3000 tokens an hour, but busts ass and puts in 30+ hours a week will do much better in the Miss MFC contest.

MegansDude said:
TheFluffsta said:
MegansDude said:
PlayboyMegan said:
Although this is pointless, I just wanted to add that although I have a high camscore, I have yet to ever finish in the top 100. There are girls with much lower camscores than I, that make much more money. CS is about how much money you make hourly, but if you don't put in enough hours (like my lazy ass), it really doesn't mean much.
I don't understand the camscore. It seems to have no rhyme or reason to it. :/
:thumbleft:

If the camscore is all about how much money you make hourly, what is the top 100 about? How much money you make plus how many hours? It would make more sense to have the camscore match the top 100's criteria. It looks like it plays a part, but it is not the whole picture. The whole thing doesn't make no sense to me. :/ Math has never been my best subject. I better stick with spending tokens. ;)

Camscore is about how many tokens you get per time online and top 100 is how many tokens you have gotten in that particular month. Top 100 has nothing to do with camscore and each month, it starts over.

The cynic in me says that camscore are convenient excuse/incentive for girls to log off when they are not getting tips as "in guys I'd loved to just hang out with you but if I am not getting any tips it kills my cam score". The cynic in me thinks Miss MFC is also smart marketing program to encourage members to tip their favorite model to get her to higher rank in the MFC competition and the revenue raised by MFC far exceeds the prizes awarded.

The businessman in me admires the clever approach that MFC had designed to convinced tipping members to tip even more. :shhh:

Sorry for getting off the original topic. I do appreciate everyone helping me to try to understand this stuff. I better stick with giving tokens to the models. Tokens given equals a happy model. That's all I need to know. :D

HiGirlsRHot said:
The cynic in me says that camscore are convenient excuse/incentive for girls to log off when they are not getting tips as "in guys I'd loved to just hang out with you but if I am not getting any tips it kills my cam score".

There have been times when I was actually willing to stay on MFC for up to 7 hours, but I'm obviously not gonna attempt that if I've already been on for an hour and STILL didn't get around 500 tokens. And like you said, I will log off if the tips have stopped, or are coming in way too slowly. I know people say "You're leaving? But I just got here!," but that's not really my problem that they just got here...lol. They can either A) visit my room earlier when I first get on cam, B) come visit me on Streamate during my next cam appearance there, or C) try to get a yellow wall started or something so that it's worth it for me to stay on a little longer. It's easy to forget that the nice model you're chatting with is there to get paid, but members shouldn't take it personally when a model decides to log off due to lack of tipping.

Just chiming in for a moment to note that I did receive a bazillion reports for Bammer and read through the thread. It would be absolutely impossible to delete his posts without completely destroying the thread, as so many people replied to him. We will chaulk his trolling up to a good example for the OP and not worry about it further. His insults were childish anyway and it seems those he tried to attack took it in stride.

Thank you to the OP for not being emotional about it and carrying on with the topic.

:handgestures-salute:

HiGirlsRHot said:
camprojectsq said:
StewieGriffin said:
Sandra, are you planning on maybe camming on one of the sites for your research also? All the cam girl feedback is great, but actually doing it yourself would give you a totally new perspective on it and would really make your paper kick ass. You always see a lot of these type papers where the researcher works in the fields they are writing on and gives them a whole new perspective. You should think about it.

Originally I had intended to make a profile and try it out myself, but Jolene's point is what prevented me from starting to do that. Since my time is limited for this particular paper, I don't have the time/energy to invest in becoming a model myself. However, since I plan on expanding this project to next year (and turn it into a 40 page thesis), I will definitely keep this in mind as an important factor to consider!

I was curious about this myself, but I think you are wise not to do it. Although perhaps try camming a couple of time for your thesis. One of the problems of really became a cam girl,I think is you risk losing your objectivity, cool if you are writing magazine article not so good for a journal.

The interesting thing about an ethnography is that it isn't objective - it involves open ended interviewing and participant observation, while simultaneously examining my role as a researcher intersecting with my identity as a woman, who is white, in her 20's, a feminist, in the US, etc etc. For now, delving into the world of camming myself would be unproductive (as Jessi mentioned), but in the future as I pursue this more it will be the first thing I have to decide!

TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:
I most definitely think Sandra should interview Kool Ray for her project. He will probably then make a series of "how to write a thesis on cam girls" videos for her, lol what a jackass, know-it-alls like him are the worst.
Send her a pm and you two can get one set up then.
What does this mean, is Stewie actually KoolRay? Fluffy what are you on aboooooooot??

Reactions: Nordling
PlayboyMegan said:
Just finished my interview with Sandra. She was respectful, polite, and indeed a female. :)

Ohmigodd!! Megan I cannot believe you, a high camscore model, did an interview for free! Ghahhh my world is exploding!!

Lol, what did I miss over the weekend?! The most boring troll ever. I mean seriously, how can calling Evvie fat even be offensive?! It's like saying to me "oh my god! you're hair is so grossly blonde!" Huh.... but it's clearly dark brown, so that doesn't really work...

Oh, btw, congrats Jupiter and Nordling! I knew all this watching camgirls lark was all a cover up to hide your love! ;)

Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:
I most definitely think Sandra should interview Kool Ray for her project. He will probably then make a series of "how to write a thesis on cam girls" videos for her, lol what a jackass, know-it-alls like him are the worst.
What does this mean, is Stewie actually KoolRay? Fluffy what are you on aboooooooot??
Or maybe just a very reasonable facsimile. :)

Nordling said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

I dunno, I think Fluff might be onto something :think:

Reactions: Nordling
mynameisbob84 said:
Nordling said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

I dunno, I think Fluff might be onto something :think:
We need a members verification. :p

Reactions: DudeExtreme
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

LOL, I am NOT Kool Ray, trust me. Do I sound like a know-it-all piece of $hit like him? Geeze, I hope not. I put the keep the videos coming, Kool Ray thing in my sig as a joke; guess it was misinterpreted as if I was that douce so removing it.

StewieGriffin said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

LOL, I am NOT Kool Ray, trust me. Do I sound like a know-it-all piece of $hit like him? Geeze, I hope not. I put the keep the videos coming, Kool Ray thing in my sig as a joke; guess it was misinterpreted as if I was that douce so removing it.
The signature was very funny, but that is not what gave you away.

StewieGriffin said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

I apologise in advance if you're not Kool Ray but it's not just the sig (which I didn't even see). It's more that, you've only been a part of this forum for a day and yet around 50% of your posts mention Kool Ray in some fashion or another. It kinda feels like you're trying to let everyone know you think Ray's a shit, possibly because you are him and don't want people to think you are, ya know? You also speak/type in a manner that's not at all dissimilar to Kool Ray. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: FrenchKitty
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

The signature was very funny, but that is not what gave you away.

LOL, why do you think I am him? You are mistaken, just curious why you think so. Judging from his twitter, he's always trying to hit on cam models and I don't do that.

mynameisbob84 said:
StewieGriffin said:
Jupiter551 said:
TheFluffsta said:
StewieGriffin said:

I apologise in advance if you're not Kool Ray but it's not just the sig (which I didn't even see). It's more that, you've only been a part of this forum for a day and yet around 50% of your posts mention Kool Ray in some fashion or another. It kinda feels like you're trying to let everyone know you think Ray's a shit, possibly because you are him and don't want people to think you are, ya know? You also speak/type in a manner that's not at all dissimilar to Kool Ray. :twocents-02cents:

I gotcha, Bob. I just thought the Kool Ray thing was hilarious so commented in the thread and put as my signature. LOL, if you want to believe I am him, please think what you want. I am as much Kool Ray as you are Bill Clinton lol.

StewieGriffin said:
LOL, why do you think I am him? You are mistaken, just curious why you think so. Judging from his twitter, he's always trying to hit on cam models and I don't do that.

Welcome Alice, was in your room earlier, and you are very pretty!

Remember us little people Megan when you became famous from the paper.

:whistle:

mynameisbob84 said:
I apologise in advance if you're not Kool Ray but it's not just the sig (which I didn't even see). It's more that, you've only been a part of this forum for a day and yet around 50% of your posts mention Kool Ray in some fashion or another. It kinda feels like you're trying to let everyone know you think Ray's a shit, possibly because you are him and don't want people to think you are, ya know? You also speak/type in a manner that's not at all dissimilar to Kool Ray.

Lol! If he's not Kool Ray then that is one serious insult! If he is.... well then you're like a detective!

mynameisbob84 said:
StewieGriffin said:

And your point is???? Don't you have anything else to do besides harrass and stalk new members???

Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I apologise in advance if you're not Kool Ray but it's not just the sig (which I didn't even see). It's more that, you've only been a part of this forum for a day and yet around 50% of your posts mention Kool Ray in some fashion or another. It kinda feels like you're trying to let everyone know you think Ray's a shit, possibly because you are him and don't want people to think you are, ya know? You also speak/type in a manner that's not at all dissimilar to Kool Ray.

Lol! If he's not Kool Ray then that is one serious insult! If he is.... well then you're like a detective!

I consider the source, Isabella. He's like the typical MFC room old timer who gets pissed when new people join and tries to intimidate them. LOL, I think it's hilarious so keep the Kool Ray quips coming, Mr. Russell.

StewieGriffin said:
Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I consider the source, Isabella. He's like the typical MFC room old timer who gets pissed when new people join and tries to intimidate them. LOL, I think it's hilarious so keep the Kool Ray quips coming, Bobby
cool yer jets there paco

Reactions: FrenchKitty
ohmaigawdyooguise

Can we PLEASE avoid going completely off topic again? It's really disrespectful to the OP.

Stahp.

StewieGriffin said:
mynameisbob84 said:
StewieGriffin said:

And your point is???? Don't you have anythign else to do besides harrass and stalk new members???

The sad thing is, I do (I should really really be doing school work right now :? ) but you're right. It is unfair for me to accuse you of something that I have no proof of. Let's just say "I have a hunch" but unless concrete proof falls on my lap, I shall leave you be and stop over-analyzing all your posts. I had a look for a little "handshake" emote but couldn't find one so just pretend there's one at the end of this sentence, yeah? ;)

Jupiter551 said:
StewieGriffin said:
Isabella_deL said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I consider the source, Isabella. He's like the typical MFC room old timer who gets pissed when new people join and tries to intimidate them. LOL, I think it's hilarious so keep the Kool Ray quips coming, Bobby
cool yer jets there paco

LOL, yet another old timer dude trying to start $hit, lol look at them all come up. Stay out of this "jupiter", there is something called defending yourself from an idiot accusing you of being someone else.

Hahahahaha it's Bammer! Sorry Ambah... I couldn't avoid calling out the "jupiter" ... I'll leave now.

AmberCutie said:
ohmaigawdyooguise

Can we PLEASE avoid going completely off topic again? It's really disrespectful to the OP.

Stahp.

Sorry Amber. Just being accused of being the Kool Ray Douche...well I had to defend myself from Mr. Russell's idiotic claims.

StewieGriffin said:
AmberCutie said:
ohmaigawdyooguise

Stahp.

Sorry Amber. Just being accused of being the Kool Ray Douche...well I had to defend myself from Mr. Russell's idiotic claims.
Alrighty, well now that we've figured out he wasn't Kool Ray, but yet some other douchebagel troll (maybe Bammer, maybe not?) he's been banned and now you can move along.

Back to topic or else!! #rageyfistsofdoom

Status
Not open for further replies.