AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Safe sex toys!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadeskye

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 16, 2016
Your dreams
jadeskye.cammodels.com
Hey I'm not sure if there is a thread (I tried using the search but didn't come across anything with lists)
about safe sex toys!
I'm an avid believer in practicing safe masturbation with sex toys, as I have gotten a couple infections because of toxic toys and I always try to let new girls know how to be safe. I would like to make a post about it if there isn't one! If there is, please point me in the right direction! :h:

Hey I'm not sure if there is a thread (I tried using the search but didn't come across anything with lists)
about safe sex toys!
I'm an avid believer in practicing safe masturbation with sex toys, as I have gotten a couple infections because of toxic toys and I always try to let new girls know how to be safe. I would like to make a post about it if there isn't one! If there is, please point me in the right direction! :h:
There are 2 in the models only section at the moment:
Sex toy cleaning, storage, and some other questions
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/notes-on-toxic-sex-toys-and-whats-in-your-lube.12423/

But it would be great to have a thread in the public area!

Reactions: Jadeskye
For insertable or multi-partner toys, I mostly stick with glass, silicone or steel. Treated wood, ABS hard plastic, and ceramic toys are also body safe. If a toy seems iffy or porus (like the head of a hitachi wand, for example), throw a condom on it. If you're* going to use toys anally, you're going to want to use something with a flared base in addition -- don't put things in the bum unless you have a way of getting them out! ;P

Specific kink & BDSM toys have different levels of risk and care requirements, which is also something to keep in mind if you fall on the kinkier side of the spectrum. If you're really into rope bondage, especially if you do intimate play with multiple partners, you need to know how to clean your rope and/or have dedicated gear (mouth and crotch ropes, etc) for each person, though that's just an example.

You can (and probably should!) research more specific things depending on your interests, or ask questions here. I'm sure that someone on the forum will be able to answer your question or point you in the right direction. ^_^

*The general 'you', not refering to anyone in particular.

Should I just add to this thread or make a new one? **newb question cuz new n stuffz**

ATTN: Models, Members and random people of the internet
There are a couple of threads already about safe sex toys and of course a lot all around the interwebz but I figured this would be a nice place to copy and paste a bunch of shit and share my 2 cents about sex toys.
I don't claim to be an expert and I don't know it all, but I might be able to save some people some hassle!
I didn't know much about sex toys when I first started camming and no one really warned me.. So that resulted in many infections even though I thought I was being safe...
Now I only use Vixskin, Tantus, and glass. I will branch out eventually but I just really like those two brands! And anything glass is nice.
  • First things first. Consult lists of brands that are harmful and ones that are safe. I found a list here that is a little outdated but it is a good guideline and a good read as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/sex/comments/184960/toxic_sex_toys_what_to_know_before_you_buy/
  • Secondly, throw out all your old shit. You can skip this step and use a condom over your favorite toys.. I personally just stopped using my toxic ones once I realized they were causing me harm. Jelly/rubber/pvc/tpr all have a shelf life!!! Weird smells, colors, etc. will let you know if they are going bad. Personally, my jelly toy looks and smells completely fine but I got a nasty little infection that caused me a lot of hassle, pain and money all because of a $15 dildo!
  • And lastly, INVEST in some quality toys! Safe toys can be EXPENSIVE. If you can't afford them, can't ask a member to gift it to you at all, get glass! Glass is a relatively cheap part time solution for that. But honestly, save your money and save up for the more expensive ones! You should ONLY use medical grade silicone toys, glass, stainless steal or some kind of wood I really know nothing about tbh lol, your body will thank you!
This goes for ALL sex toys. Vaginal, anal and even mens toys like pocket pussies.. Idk much about those but one can only assume how much bacteria can grow inside of those..
Vixskin, tantus and many other brands are safe because they are medical grade silicone. They are non-porous and non toxic. Which means they can be FULLY sterilized by toy cleaner, soap and water, dishwasher safe or boiling them for 10 minutes! I personally use toy cleaner but recently found out that it might not be the SAFEST option. Any type of cleaner you use on your toys, make sure you rinse them fully!

• Amazon sex toys. It is perfectly fine to buy sex toys on amazon. BUT, be careful!! Since toys are sold as novelties, they can lie to you about what they are made of! It can say it's phthalate free and 100% medical grade silicone, but chances are it's not. A big indicator if you buy it, is if it has a nasty smell that doesn't go away. I was told by a fellow camgirl that pipedream prodcuts were 100% safe. I went to a sex shop and bought one, it had the most disgusting smell to it. Even the lady at the store told it was safe! Turns out it was rubber.. and rubber is porous. No one told me it had a shelf life!
  • Lube. Since you're investing your money in high quality medical grade silicone dildos, *hint hint* *wink wink* *nudge nudge* do NOT use your silicone lube! throw it out! This WILL degrade your toys over time! Safe alternatives are water based lube and coconut oil (I'm not positive on the coconut oil as I've never tried it but have heard that it is safe at least for anal use. So don't take my word on that) I can't be positive that hybrid lubes are safe, as they still have some silicone in them even though the ingredients do not list it. If you are having allergic reactions to your lube or toys, look them up! Look at the ingredients! Make sure it is glycerin, paraben and petroleum free! An EXCELLENT brand is Sliquid! I use Sliquid Organics and it is 100% vegan friendly, hybrid lube with natural and organic ingredients. It's silky and perfect in every way. Doesn't burn, doesn't dry up, doesn't get sticky. They have many different options as well. Oh and lube has an expiration!! Not all lubes have it printed on the bottle, but Sliquid has it printed on the bottom! Lube gets nasty when it goes bad and stops working right and looks weird. (according to another camgirl as I've never had mine 'expire') Make sure before you purchase lube, to check for an expiration :)
And just for general vaginal safety and health, stay away from 'vagina cleaners' like Summers Eve. They're bad for you, dry out your vagina and fuck up you pH balance! Use mild soap when cleansing 'down there.'
Can't think of anything else at this point but will add more when it comes to me. Stay safe everyone. Your genitals are important :h:

My toys. Bottom row is 'Expired' no good toys that aren't safe for use.

Attachments

• CdJXX9mUIAAMKwW.jpg
    CdJXX9mUIAAMKwW.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 18
Photo 2016-03-19, 3 41 44 AM.jpg

Here are most of my body-safe sex toys, not including most of my kink toybag. I actually just ordered a few new toys (tantus, mostly, and a new glass piece), but they're not here yet. I don't remember all of the brand names because I've owned some of them for a long time. I own a handful of other toys that aren't body safe (cheap vibes and huge cocks, mostly, lol) & I just use them with condoms as appropriate.

I've included the silicone gags & blindfold in this photo because it's nice to be able to clean those kind of toys between uses or partners, especially if you're getting messy (drool, cum, golden showers, whatever). That funny looking penis-shaft thing at the very bottom is a silicone toy that I use for watersports-related play. TMI, I know, I don't care. If you're going to do that kind of play, it's still awesome to have/use toys that are easy to clean after. :haha:

Toys shown above, in no particular order, or at least the ones that I can remember--

(Pipedream) Fetish Fantasy Ball Gag & Mask - Small <-- Yes, they do make some silicone toys, but many of their other toys are NOT body-safe, so just do some research on whatever item you want to buy first.
(Pipedream) Fetish Fantasy Extreme O Ring Gag (Pink)
Tantus Beginner Ball Gag (Pink) <-- Easily my favorite gag, but the strap that comes with it is... not great. I use a custom made strap.
(CalExotics) Silicone Kegal Balls (Pink)
Crystal Permium Glass Eggs (Clear)
Tantus! <-- Both purple dildos are from here, they're just discontinued.
Happy Valley! <-- Blue dildo, red dildo, larger black plug & blue plug are all from here, also discontinued.
(NS Novelties) Crystal Black Plug
Sasha Grey Billy Glass Wand
Blush Novelties Candy Heart (Purple)
Mr. Fenis (Purple)
Shibari Halo Wand
We-Vibe Tango

Body-safe sex toys don't have to be expensive, if you do your research -- note the lack of name-brand toys in my own toybag, hahaha. Here's a great list of cheaper options.

Seriously the best vibrator on the planet, and I've tried a lot.

I have a love/hate relationship with it -- I honestly think that I might have gotten a defective one. The charge never lasts for more than 30 minutes at a time for me, and hasn't since I got it. So, I like it a lot, it's powerful & delightful... except those times when I want to marathon use it and can't, haha.

From the reviews I've read, this isn't the norm, though and maybe I didn't charge it properly when I first got it, I honestly don't remember.

I have a love/hate relationship with it -- I honestly think that I might have gotten a defective one. The charge never lasts for more than 30 minutes at a time for me, and hasn't since I got it. So, I like it a lot, it's powerful & delightful... except those times when I want to marathon use it and can't, haha.

From the reviews I've read, this isn't the norm, though and maybe I didn't charge it properly when I first got it, I honestly don't remember.

Mine will go for up to 1.5 hrs at top speed, so it definitely sounds like you got a defective one. That stinks!

Mine will go for up to 1.5 hrs at top speed, so it definitely sounds like you got a defective one. That stinks!

My preference is to use it as the top speed, and it definitely dies in 30 minutes or less every time. I've even timed it. I'd consider grabbing another one if they usually last for an hour+, because I do really like it otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.