AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Silencing/ignore

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2016
As a reg on both CB and MFC, I see them both having their strong points and weak ones. This isn't meant as one site is better than the other tread.
On CB if a member is silenced all their messages are instantly removed and the model or the room no longer has to see them. On MFC when a member is put on ignore, it is pretty much the same 6 hour punishment of not being able to chat. The difference being the offensive remark stays in chat till it scrolls up and leaves the page. I believe in this case CB's method is far superior. Why should the model and members still have to see the offensive most. What if it is some of the models personal info that the guy managed to hack, or something really meant to upset the model. I know you girls learn to be thick skinned but I have often seen guys post stuff like "When are you due" "Wow hope you didn't pay too much for that boob job" and other stuff like that which clearly upsets the girl. It seems to me it would be better for model if comment disappeared and she didn't have to wait the few mins for it to scroll up.
With all the great small changes MFC has made recently I'm surprised this isn't one that has been addressed.

I do agree that Chaturbate's method with this is definitely better. However, it's also pretty easy to just type a letter, press enter, type a letter, press enter, until the comment doesn't appear on the screen anymore. Sometimes those comments can even cause the members in a girl's room to quickly talk or tip, even to help get it off the screen as well.

I do agree that Chaturbate's method with this is definitely better. However, it's also pretty easy to just type a letter, press enter, type a letter, press enter, until the comment doesn't appear on the screen anymore. Sometimes those comments can even cause the members in a girl's room to quickly talk or tip, even to help get it off the screen as well.
Yes I have seen this method being used and obviously it is your best option. But even for me if I missed the comment, I scroll up quickly to see what it is when I see the girl use that method. Hey I'm a weak human what can I tell you :wasntme:

On MFC when a member is put on ignore, it is pretty much the same 6 hour punishment of not being able to chat.
Ignore is forever. There's no 6 hour option. It just continues into INFINITY AND BEYOND! The member cannot PM, post in chat, nor MFC mail. (Well, he can try all those things, but the text will not show up.)

If he sends a tip, the model will not see or hear it, though it will show up in token stats, stripped of any note if there was one included.

Also, if a model on MFC bans a member (say for posting dick pics) just refresh your browser by pressing F5 and the offending posts are gone.
What?

Yes, as a member, if we refresh our browser, the banned person's posts disappear from the model's room. I have done this many, many times.
I would never have imagined that to be the case, just with how everything works. Strange.

Ignore is forever. There's no 6 hour option. It just continues into INFINITY AND BEYOND! The member cannot PM, post in chat, nor MFC mail. (Well, he can try all those things, but the text will not show up.)

If he sends a tip, the model will not see or hear it, though it will show up in token stats, stripped of any note if there was one included.
So is ban for 6 hours. I thought MFC had something that lasted 6 hours maybe I'm mixing up the terms

So is ban for 6 hours. I thought MFC had something that lasted 6 hours maybe I'm mixing up the terms
Bans are default 6 hours, can be extended to "lifetime".
Ignore are default lifetime.

• Helpful!
Reactions: shylurkerdude
Yes, as a member, if we refresh our browser, the banned person's posts disappear from the model's room. I have done this many, many times.

Also, going to another models' room and then coming right back accomplishes the same thing.

Unfortunately the offensive comment is forever in the archives. :/

I find Chaturbate's disappearing post trick kind of off-putting. CB's mods seem to be much more active than on MFC, and frequently someone gets silenced and their posts disappear. Being a cat lover, I'm always curious what got them muted. :)

I agree-I like being able to see what people said that got them silenced. That's why I choose not to have a moderator on CB-some of them are too strict with silencing people and I don't want them scaring people away from my room. :)

It seems to me it would be better for model if comment disappeared and she didn't have to wait the few mins for it to scroll up.
With all the great small changes MFC has made recently I'm surprised this isn't one that has been addressed.

Yes, I've said the same thing, but I think it's worse when a model's personal information is posted in her public chat. There is no way to get that off the screen quickly, other than speedily typing random stuff to get it to scroll up faster. I remember a model friend of mine was trying to celebrate her birthday on cam once, and some basic (sounded like they knew her IRL) decided to use that opportunity to post personal info about her in her public chat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.