AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SkinVideo - A new and AMAZING Cam Site

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QueenMeadow said:
Bocefish said:
Is there some sort of newsletter or updates link where we can find out directly from them (SV) what they're currently working on and future upgrades, estimated times of completion, etc.?

That would be a great thing to have!

They don't want other companies copying their ideas before their even in practice. However, they have added a few features today; invisible tipping and the model uploading videos for sale on her profile.

I know there are more features coming out. Many more. They just don't want to stick them out for other people to "claim."

I'm really excited about this site, i just signed up today :)
and i plan on goin on cam tomoz at some point to try it out, test drive so to speak.
I got accepted with half an hour, and kathleen is very fast at responding and is very helpful
I have high hopes for the site, its nice to know they care for thier models, considering its the models who make the sites
content.

jess
xxxxx

That SV buy-now video option is genius, I have videos available on my MFC profile but I'm limited in my ability to market them during offline hours due to the fact that I have to be ever-present on my laptop to guarantee proper turn around times on video purchases. It simply wouldn't be fair to offer video delivery "in the next few hours" to premiums who obviously want their fap material NOW, if not 5 minutes ago :). I always have Clips4Sale that runs 24/7 but to have it all in once place would be ideal. Good work SV, that's a fuckin excellent idea eh.

Question: Alex-baby-hunnybunches, I assume SV would watermark the video with their own logo, do you/would you/could you put an additional discreet watermark on the clips? or in my case amylemon.com? Do they allow mentions of solo sites on their profiles?

LovelyLemon said:
That SV buy-now video option is genius, I have videos available on my MFC profile but I'm limited in my ability to market them during offline hours due to the fact that I have to be ever-present on my laptop to guarantee proper turn around times on video purchases. It simply wouldn't be fair to offer video delivery "in the next few hours" to premiums who obviously want their fap material NOW, if not 5 minutes ago :). I always have Clips4Sale that runs 24/7 but to have it all in once place would be ideal. Good work SV, that's a fuckin excellent idea eh.

Question: Alex-baby-hunnybunches, I assume SV would watermark the video with their own logo, do you/would you/could you put an additional discreet watermark on the clips? or in my case amylemon.com? Do they allow mentions of solo sites on their profiles?

I know one part of this answer: it's totally fine to have your video watermarked with your site logo/address. :)

Hmmm, interesting. Just a quick glance and I recognize at least six models I know from other venues. "Quality-wise," I'd say they're off to a good start.

SeeMonster

AlexLady said:
QueenMeadow said:
Bocefish said:
Is there some sort of newsletter or updates link where we can find out directly from them (SV) what they're currently working on and future upgrades, estimated times of completion, etc.?

That would be a great thing to have!

They don't want other companies copying their ideas before their even in practice. However, they have added a few features today; invisible tipping and the model uploading videos for sale on her profile.

I know there are more features coming out. Many more. They just don't want to stick them out for other people to "claim."

I'm not talking about divulging company trade secrets, just something to keep people updated on what we already know is coming and it's progress, if any. It's just good business sense to keep employees and customers informed. I'm sure others are also waiting to see improvements to the video quality, vid size options, sound adjustment options, etc., before joining up. Just sayin'.

SV was down for about 90 minutes last night for reportedly video upgrades. A check of the current 4 models online at present, 2 out of the 4 have OK video quality. The models with poor video are likely to have a problem their end.

Sevrin said:
Just another comment. They want you to enter your credit card information on a page that is not secure. I can't remember the last time I've done that. If ever.

Checked today and both membership and token purchase screens are https:// (SSL encryption), so maybe they've gotten it together.

Agree with LL that the buy-now video is a great feature.

SeeMonster said:
Sevrin said:
Just another comment. They want you to enter your credit card information on a page that is not secure. I can't remember the last time I've done that. If ever.

Checked today and both membership and token purchase screens are https:// (SSL encryption), so maybe they've gotten it together.

Agree with LL that the buy-now video is a great feature.

No, they just removed link to the purchase page that wasn't secure rather than make it secure. There were always some pages that were secure.

I tried it out yesterday. One of the features I noticed that I use on MFC a lot without even thinking about it is viewing members profiles. I like to find out a bit more about them so it'd be good if members could build profiles. Maybe with even a sex check list detailing what they like. Also... I need cam to cam!

It was good though, I made over 300 tokens in half an hour and didn't even bring any of my regs from MFC with me, they were existing SkinVideo members.

:)

LilyPink said:
I tried it out yesterday. One of the features I noticed that I use on MFC a lot without even thinking about it is viewing members profiles. I like to find out a bit more about them so it'd be good if members could build profiles. Maybe with even a sex check list detailing what they like. Also... I need cam to cam!

It was good though, I made over 300 tokens in half an hour and didn't even bring any of my regs from MFC with me, they were existing SkinVideo members.

:)

Grats! That's awesome :D And isn't it sweet that 300 tokens is $24 instead of $15?

I see, this topic hasn't updated since Feb. But how is it going now for you? I don't earn anything online there now, looks like the interest of members didnt grow, moreover, it went down (but maybe, its just my point of view). So I'm earning by using offline tip button. About 2 weeks ago I sent a message to Kathleen, but never got any reply, though she used to answer very quick before. Maybe you have any news about this site? Is it going to grow or die?

LilyPink said:
One of the features I noticed that I use on MFC a lot...viewing members profiles.

From the member side, I don't usually join a model's room without first browsing her profile. I hate jumping directly into a room with no idea of her interests, attitude, likely room vibe, etc. Part of that is, if we don't mesh, I don't like being one of those people who (1) pops into the room, (2) says "Hi", and (3) leaves 30 secs later 'cause it's just not my scene.

I'd like it if a member could view the profile of an on-line model instead of only being able to immediately join her room. I realize off-line models' profiles can be viewed, but there is no link to view the profiles of on-line models. At least, if there is, I don't see it on the ../cams page.

Still, I'm down with models earning 80% versus 50%. Having found MFC, though, it's likely to remain my primary site.

@ spikeyhaired to view profiles from main page click the menu on models picture and then select profile.

Oops. I see I left out a part in my earlier post.

On SkinVideo, I'd like the ability to view the profiles of on-line models in the same was we can currently do on MFC. :woops:

danavixen said:
I'm doing very well there, but I had to bring my followers from Kink over. I'll be going back to MFC for a few days each week to try and get more converts soon.
You'd do well anywhere Dana :romance-admire:

Fatalwoman said:
I see, this topic hasn't updated since Feb. But how is it going now for you? I don't earn anything online there now, looks like the interest of members didnt grow, moreover, it went down (but maybe, its just my point of view). So I'm earning by using offline tip button. About 2 weeks ago I sent a message to Kathleen, but never got any reply, though she used to answer very quick before. Maybe you have any news about this site? Is it going to grow or die?

I think it's going to stay just as it is until it updates more. I still do alright when I bring fans over, but focusing on my best friends/fans was a huge risk I shouldn't have taken. Either way it's great for chillin' on once in a while.

I've only been tipped a couple of times by guys I don't know, then again, I don't go there to masturbate anymore.

Unless it gets more people, both girls and members alike, I doubt it'll do better. Sure I had a lot of traffic when my fans were tipping, but the anons were no more useful than MFC's guests, although they were a bit brighter.

AlexLady said:
Fatalwoman said:

I think it's going to stay just as it is until it updates more. I still do alright when I bring fans over, but focusing on my best friends/fans was a huge risk I shouldn't have taken. Either way it's great for chillin' on once in a while.

I've only been tipped a couple of times by guys I don't know, then again, I don't go there to masturbate anymore.

Unless it gets more people, both girls and members alike, I doubt it'll do better. Sure I had a lot of traffic when my fans were tipping, but the anons were no more useful than MFC's guests, although they were a bit brighter.

Hehehehehe I love the idea that something might not be brighter than a MFC guest.
I popped into see Alex on skinvid as an anon and whilst Alex was her usual gorgeous yummy self, I just didn't like the layout and the postage stamp sized window.

midwesthottie said:
What's the other benifits besides the 80% over MFC? I like MFC but I do get sometimes frustrated that Im only getting 50%

And this is the joy of working for a scamming Streamate studio as your first camming experience. Once you get 20% you learn to appreciate even 35% let alone 50%.

Reactions: Ms Moist
I haven't read this ENTIRE thread so I am sorry if this has been mentioned..

I only cammed on SkinVideo once and it was so slow and boring and I've stuck to MFC since. (I realize i'd need to get my MFC crowd to switch for it to be successful) But what really weirded me out about it is how you don't get to do your own profile. They copied a bunch of a stuff from my MFC profile! Even the photos i had put on there were replaced with my pics from MFC, along with suggested prices. It makes me uncomfortable and just because I charge certain things on mfc doesn't mean i will do the same there. what's the deal with the profiles? I think that's creepy in a way.

LadyBakes said:

I only cammed on SkinVideo once and it was so slow and boring and I've stuck to MFC since. (I realize i'd need to get my MFC crowd to switch for it to be successful) But what really weirded me out about it is how you don't get to do your own profile. They copied a bunch of a stuff from my MFC profile! Even the photos i had put on there were replaced with my pics from MFC, along with suggested prices. It makes me uncomfortable and just because I charge certain things on mfc doesn't mean i will do the same there. what's the deal with the profiles? I think that's creepy in a way.
It almost feels like if you have to bring your own fans to the camsite you might as well be running your own website or camming independently. :) One of the benefits of using a camsite is that they provide the advertising and traffic for you, but if that isn't happening, it's not a great place to be.

(Not saying that's the only benefit of not being independent, as obviously running your own site would be more work on you, but just making a point. :) )

AmberCutie said:
LadyBakes said:

It almost feels like if you have to bring your own fans to the camsite you might as well be running your own website or camming independently. :) One of the benefits of using a camsite is that they provide the advertising and traffic for you, but if that isn't happening, it's not a great place to be.

(Not saying that's the only benefit of not being independent, as obviously running your own site would be more work on you, but just making a point. :) )

Hence why I'm sticking with MFC. Well, one of the reasons anyways.

LadyBakes said:

Yeah, I had considered trying SkinVideo, and I've read about how they make up your profile for you, and I don't like that. What if I wanted to edit my profile a few times? Would I have to keep contacting the person and have them do it? I'd just prefer to do my own profile when and how I want to.

The other day I went to the site and saw that there were only 11 girls online. And in the Models Wanted section, there's not a detailed FAQs section. I'd rather not sign up for a site without seeing their detailed FAQs/info first.

Status
Not open for further replies.