AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

So how did Bitcoin end up playing out here....

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is the TS to me.
rixUekD.jpg

cryptoassets said:
Rose said:
cryptoassets said:
Rose said:
You win the award for most annoying and oblivious person ever.

And I should care what you think how again?
Zzzzz......

Oh, my bad. I couldn't hear the sound of your wining over my snoring.

Cute. Do you snort when you snore?

I shit Bitcoins when I sleep.

mynameisbob84 said:
cryptoassets said:
Rose said:
cryptoassets said:
Rose said:
You win the award for most annoying and oblivious person ever.

And I should care what you think how again?
Zzzzz......

Oh, my bad. I couldn't hear the sound of your wining over my snoring.

Cute. Do you snort when you snore?

I shit Bitcoins when I sleep.
Ironically they have the same investment value on the ShitCoin markets. True fact, I just looked it up! :think:

mutantdonut said:
Bongacams, Chaturbate hate spam, the "Don't Encourage Camwhores" post, and now the return of bitcoin dude. Strange how they all clustered out of the woodwork within a span of 10 days. The planets must be aligned. :think:

The Camwhores post turned into a member selfie thread though, that one doesn't count

I was the one who's post you quoted with regards to the "I wonder what she's up to now - good luck to her" from the original thread about bitcoin.
Thanks for that - but I guess some things should be pointed out to you here:

First - you came with your own scheme to make money from cam girls via bitcoin - using your system. Essentially, yet another studio method.

Secondly, most girls like to make money to pay their bills. Ergo, the bitcoins they made would have been cashed out as they were earned. They would not be millionaires or even remotely close just by listening to you. To achieve that they'd have had to worked and then left it all in bitcoins - essentially "working for free".
As it is, their earnings may have been constant unless they realised it was going places and stockpiled them. The reason for that is that what once cost 10 bitcoins for a 10 minute private show would now cost... 0.1 bitcoin. They'd be unlikely to be "super rich".

Only those who were stockpiling them would have. And I'd ask you - how many bitcoins do you currently have? I'm guessing you probably cashed quite a few out along the way as the price rose... or bought more and the value fell. Why? Because you're back here. If you've been successful you simply wouldn't be.

1) Bitcoin became a success for several reasons, not least of all the massive instability in the banking area of Europe - whereby some banks (Cyprus) were considering levying a %age cut on the balance of any account over a certain value. When that was announced bitcoins were ~$80. They rose very rapidly afterwards as people feared this would spread to the rest of the PIIGS countries (that's Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain) who were similarly struggling with vast debt levels and loans to the government attracting very high (near unsustainable) interest payments.
2) The banks were also preventing the transfer of money, which caused more panic amongst those people, encouraging other countries to shift the money to pre-empt it happening to them.

Now the price is unlikely to go down much - simply because... they're seen as being worth a certain amount and there's plenty of mainstream places to spend them at.
But lets not forget, millions went walkabout when Mt Gox vanished with all people's bitcoins. Furthermore, other ones located in Eastern Europe similarly vanished with millions of pounds worth of people's bitcoins... it hasn't all been rosy for people, and since Mt Gox was the most popular (arguably) it's possible any girl who had saved all those bitcoins would be... penniless.

So again, I hope you did well for yourself. But coming back here to attempt to rub noses in it smells decidedly like you... didn't. Back here, still trying to get interest in your business venture to make you money. Methinks you're not quite so financially savvy as you're attempting to portray.

If you were, you'd be a multi millionaire - at which point - why are you here and why would you even remotely try to be antagonising when trying to drum up business!

As I said, I was risk averse - that's why I didn't buy them. With hindsight, everything is kosher though. I mean... I now know last weeks lottery numbers - i could have been a fucking millionaire if I had chosen them! But I didn't... and I don't lose sleep over it :D

Just incase you need help to understand what I mean in saying that - I'm basically saying my last comment in that thread wasn't ironic.

Lesse, your first paragraph you sit there and make it seem like we're all horrible people just because we didn't like the way you reacted to our responses.

Then, you quote someone who pointed out that they were at $5 per coin when the post was made but had been $33 per coin at one point, and make it seem like a $28 decrease in value PER UNIT is something tiny. Let's see... if someone had bought 20 bitcoins when they were $33, at the point when the post you quoted had been made, that person would've lost $560. Dude, that's HALF my monthly income!

Your next post is to claim that you were horribly mistreated here, without giving any evidence instead trying to get us to spend our time to figure out where you were mistreated.

Your third post, you admit that you mostly came in here to say "kiss my ass, because I was right and you were wrong!"

You then say you cannot see what risk there is, when the point is that since bitcoins are not based on an actual value, their worth was still fluctuating drastically as people figured out how much people were willing to pay for a bitcoin.

Then bob got snarky, but bob tends to get snarky when someone is being as dense as you were in your third post. Your response was understandable, but probably further put people off.

And Lolli pointed out, now that we knew who you were, that you were not banned for talking about bitcoins, but instead banned for how you acted when forced to act in a social environment.

And now you're just sitting there saying "how was I rude? How is waving my ass in your face rude? How is insulting the intelligence of the people I'm talking to rude? How does it look bad when I completely ignore the points other people made three posts ago?"

Does that help you understand where the people here are coming from?

Thanks for that - but I guess some things should be pointed out to you here:
Thanks for a civil conversation, it is a breath of fresh air.
First - you came with your own scheme to make money from cam girls via bitcoin - using your system. Essentially, yet another studio method.
It wasn’t a scheme it was an honest attempt to do so yes, but using Bitcoin because I figured it was the easiest of system of payment and Bitcoin was growing huge at the time along with the price. I was right about this right?
Secondly, most girls like to make money to pay their bills. Ergo, the bitcoins they made would have been cashed out as they were earned. They would not be millionaires or even remotely close just by listening to you. To achieve that they'd have had to worked and then left it all in bitcoins - essentially "working for free".
Possibly, but doesn’t mean it should have been shunned the way it was. The biggest complaint was the volatility, but every time I told them that isn’t a problem I was told I was a “scammer” or trying to rip off the girls here.
As it is, their earnings may have been constant unless they realised it was going places and stockpiled them. The reason for that is that what once cost 10 bitcoins for a 10 minute private show would now cost... 0.1 bitcoin. They'd be unlikely to be "super rich".
Right, but if they had kept 10 Bitcoins and used the rest to paybills they would have had $5,000 + for a 10 minute preview show?
Only those who were stockpiling them would have. And I'd ask you - how many bitcoins do you currently have? I'm guessing you probably cashed quite a few out along the way as the price rose... or bought more and the value fell. Why? Because you're back here. If you've been successful you simply wouldn't be.
Honestly, I didn’t cash out. I hung out to a lot of the coins as I was busy trying to build businesses around the idea of Bitcoin , because I believed in it. No, the reason I’m back here is to find out why people were accusing me of things and basically told to “fuck off”. As you can see it continues today.
1) Bitcoin became a success for several reasons, not least of all the massive instability in the banking area of Europe - whereby some banks (Cyprus) were considering levying a %age cut on the balance of any account over a certain value. When that was announced bitcoins were ~$80. They rose very rapidly afterwards as people feared this would spread to the rest of the PIIGS countries (that's Portugal, Italy, Ireland, Greece and Spain) who were similarly struggling with vast debt levels and loans to the government attracting very high (near unsustainable) interest payments.
Yes, Cyprus helped push the price of Bitcoin this is true. You are correct. People were looking for a “store of value” that govt’s couldn’t take , like what was happening in Cyprus.
2) The banks were also preventing the transfer of money, which caused more panic amongst those people, encouraging other countries to shift the money to pre-empt it happening to them.
Correct. There was a bank run and banks wouldn’t let the people to have access to their own money. Bitcoin doesn’t have that problem as you are your own bank.

Now the price is unlikely to go down much - simply because... they're seen as being worth a certain amount and there's plenty of mainstream places to spend them at.
It is stabilizing. I’m surprised it hasn’t gone up for a few months as tons of money is being poured in. Now get this. Not that my advice means anything anymore – the Bitcoin market is going to be opened up to the public via the NYSE here soon so MILLIONS and MILLIONS of dollars are going to be poured in thus rising the value significantly. I’ll go out there and say Bitcoin will be between $5,000 – 10,000 a Bitcoin by the end of the year or early next year.
But lets not forget, millions went walkabout when Mt Gox vanished with all people's bitcoins. Furthermore, other ones located in Eastern Europe similarly vanished with millions of pounds worth of people's bitcoins... it hasn't all been rosy for people, and since Mt Gox was the most popular (arguably) it's possible any girl who had saved all those bitcoins would be... penniless.
You do provide a good point. There is no FDIC insurance on Bitcoins. So if you sit your coins on an exchange like in Mt.Gox case and they close they can run off with your coins/money. Its best you pull your coins off them and bring them into your own personal wallets that are encrypted and protected.

So again, I hope you did well for yourself. But coming back here to attempt to rub noses in it smells decidedly like you... didn't. Back here, still trying to get interest in your business venture to make you money. Methinks you're not quite so financially savvy as you're attempting to portray.
I did. All I was wondering was why such hate when someone mentioned the idea? In turn, I got people to continue the hating? why? What did I do wrong by suggesting people can better themselves financially , when is this a crime?
If you were, you'd be a multi millionaire - at which point - why are you here and why would you even remotely try to be antagonising when trying to drum up business!
Let’s just say everything is paid off and I live comfortably now yes. I’m not here to say if Bitcoin is good because clearly it is. I’m here to find out why people were eager to band and insult someone who was just suggesting a business to into , or if anything a chance to earn some money for themselves.

As I said, I was risk averse - that's why I didn't buy them. With hindsight, everything is kosher though. I mean... I now know last weeks lottery numbers - i could have been a fucking millionaire if I had chosen them! But I didn't... and I don't lose sleep over it :D
Lol..true . If we all had a crystal ball we’d all be rich good point!
Just incase you need help to understand what I mean in saying that - I'm basically saying my last comment in that thread wasn't ironic.
Lol ok …not sure what you mean ,but ok …and at least you have your head on straight! Good debate.

Lesse, your first paragraph you sit there and make it seem like we're all horrible people just because we didn't like the way you reacted to our responses.
Will it was horrible how else being called a scammer and banned …what else would it be?

Then, you quote someone who pointed out that they were at $5 per coin when the post was made but had been $33 per coin at one point, and make it seem like a $28 decrease in value PER UNIT is something tiny. Let's see... if someone had bought 20 bitcoins when they were $33, at the point when the post you quoted had been made, that person would've lost $560. Dude, that's HALF my monthly income!
I wasn’t telling people to hold all their coins. I’m saying some of you would have held coins and most of you would have cashed out as they came in. Of course, you wouldn’t have been exposed to that risk mentioned above. Does this make sense? So if you kept say $100 out of your $2,000 a mo paycheck you still would have come out on top by now. Yes?

Your next post is to claim that you were horribly mistreated here, without giving any evidence instead trying to get us to spend our time to figure out where you were mistreated.
Really? Have you not read the responses to me.

Your third post, you admit that you mostly came in here to say "kiss my ass, because I was right and you were wrong!"
Of course, I wanted to say what I felt and tell everyone they were wrong. That isn't rude, that is pointing out something to folks and asking them why they did what they did. Nothing wrong with this right? It is a free country, yes?

You then say you cannot see what risk there is, when the point is that since bitcoins are not based on an actual value, their worth was still fluctuating drastically as people figured out how much people were willing to pay for a bitcoin.
The reality its up to you how much risk you want to have. Accepting Bitcoins is not a risk. If I need to explain that better I can. I mean it.

Then bob got snarky, but bob tends to get snarky when someone is being as dense as you were in your third post. Your response was understandable, but probably further put people off.
Listen, if people don’t want to engage in civil conversation ( which I consider what we are doing is) then they can get the same treatment back. At least this is my philosophy.

And Lolli pointed out, now that we knew who you were, that you were not banned for talking about bitcoins, but instead banned for how you acted when forced to act in a social environment.
I don’t have access to the original account or I would post screenshots of Ambercutie ( notice how she hasn’t show up here at all ) telling me in a PM that I’ve been banned for bringing up Bitcoin. No joke.

And now you're just sitting there saying "how was I rude? How is waving my ass in your face rude? How is insulting the intelligence of the people I'm talking to rude? How does it look bad when I completely ignore the points other people made three posts ago?"

Does that help you understand where the people here are coming from?
Show me the posts that had valid points and weren’t insults? I’m open enough to see my mistakes.

AllisonWilder said:
No, we think you're bored with nothing to do because ALL YOU TALK ABOUT IS BITCOINS.

You're missing out on the whole rest of this awesome forum, dude.

What can I say I love talking about Bitcoins :p
There is more to this forum ?

before someone takes that seriously just calm down ....:p
I'll send some bitcents your way if you want....

cryptoassets said:
AllisonWilder said:
No, we think you're bored with nothing to do because ALL YOU TALK ABOUT IS BITCOINS.

You're missing out on the whole rest of this awesome forum, dude.

What can I say I love talking about Bitcoins :p
There is more to this forum ?

before someone takes that seriously just calm down ....:p
I'll send some bitcents your way if you want....

Maybe you do, but we don't. You'd probably find that we're a lot more accepting of newcomers when they aren't trying to get us to change the way we like to do our jobs and get paid. Go venture out into the forum and enjoy it. Stop pushing bitcoin and maybe someone will come around to it naturally.

Reactions: Rose, JimsX and Gen
... when they aren't trying to get us to change the way we like to do our jobs and get paid. Go venture out into the forum and enjoy it. Stop pushing bitcoin and maybe someone will come around to it naturally.

So anytime , anyone tells you of another way to get paid ( Key word ANOTHER WAY) you automatically assume they are changing the way you do your job and how you get paid ? Ok, no wonder you never understood bitcoin. I'm not pushing Bitcoin , I'm pointing out that its another way to earn some money just like anything else.

Waiting for Snarky Bob to weigh in ....

cryptoassets said:
I don’t have access to the original account or I would post screenshots of Ambercutie ( notice how she hasn’t show up here at all ) telling me in a PM that I’ve been banned for bringing up Bitcoin. No joke.
From page 3 of this thread:

AmberCutie said:
Skipped from page 1 to page 3 as I can only assume it's more yadda yadda.

I ban people who are annoying, rude, and won't leave something well enough alone if majority of people aren't interested or disagree with it. The fact you came back to "rub it in our faces" just proves that you're the type of person we don't enjoy speaking with here.

Congrats on your bitcoin.

I believe you were asked, then warned, to stop beating the dead horse when we were all annoyed with you. And when it continued, yes you were banned, reason: still bringing up bitcoin.

And I'll make the point again: if the ONLY reason you are here is to make posts about bitcoin, and don't intend to ever speak on any other topic, there's a good chance you'll be shown the door again. Diversify your discussions here to other topics and people might give you a chance, but as you can see, there are few, if any, who want to continue to discuss this topic in the way that you're presenting it.

I believe you were asked, then warned, to stop beating the dead horse when we were all annoyed with you. And when it continued, yes you were banned, reason: still bringing up bitcoin.

Look at what the cat dragged out ... So, you decide who is annoying and who isn't and who can talk about what and when ? are there forum rules that say this?

Wow.... just wow..... this forum belongs in Germanys 3rd Reich...

AmberCutie said:
And I'll make the point again: if the ONLY reason you are here is to make posts about bitcoin, and don't intend to ever speak on any other topic, there's a good chance you'll be shown the door again. Diversify your discussions here to other topics and people might give you a chance, but as you can see, there are few, if any, who want to continue to discuss this topic in the way that you're presenting it.

A good chance ? that is an understatement. I plan on speaking on another topic do I need to get permission from you first before I proceed? There are some who want to discuss Bitcoins merits did you not see the the last 2 long posts of people debating it ? Maybe, we should make this another my little pony thread?

When trying to not get banned from a forum/get people to see your point of view, calling the owner of the forum a Nazi and otherwise insulting them is generally considered not the way to go.

It's also not appreciated by those of us who love this forum/are very active in it and have been around long enough to know that not only is Amber a really awesome (and fair!) moderator, but an all-around good person. If you're trying to get in our good graces and convert us to the cult of Bitcoin, you pretty much just killed any chance you had by insulting her.

:handgestures-salute:

GemmaMoore said:
When trying to not get banned from a forum/get people to see your point of view, calling the owner of the forum a Nazi and otherwise insulting them is generally considered not the way to go.

It's also not appreciated by those of us who love this forum/are very active in it and have been around long enough to know that not only is Amber a really awesome (and fair!) moderator, but an all-around good person. If you're trying to get in our good graces and convert us to the cult of Bitcoin, you pretty much just killed any chance you had by insulting her.

:handgestures-salute:
Wow... a whole 4 minutes before he's replied. :shock:

GemmaMoore said:

It isn't getting people to see my view my view has been proven right, not sure what your going on about?

I'm sure she is a good all-around person. I separate her as a person from the mod she is here in the forum , but to ban someone in the first place over a topic and then say they will ban them again for bringing up a topic again, is just an amazing thing to watch. I never seen that in any other forum ,and I guess I need to know where it says forum topics need to be run by the admin first? I could stand corrected please do show me. There is no where were above where I'm trying to "convert you to the cult of Bitcoin" where do you see that ? Are you reading the same forum I am?

cryptoassets said:

Look at what the cat dragged out ... So, you decide who is annoying and who isn't and who can talk about what and when ? are there forum rules that say this?

Wow.... just wow..... this forum belongs in Germanys 3rd Reich...
Actually it belongs in america, where the owner of the forum can do whatever she pleases. This isn't set up so every jackass can have free reign to be...like you. This is a privately owned and operated forum. And the owner is the person you just replied to. You'd know that if you ever got your head unstuck out of your ass full of buttcoins and read anything else on this forum ever. So the answer to your question is: YES. She does decide who is annoying and who isn't and who can talk and when. She's usually pretty nice and lenient. Myself as proof of that.

And no, she don't need no steenking rules. She can make them up as she goes along and pleases.

Edit: and evidently you don't actually get to many other forums. Cause every one i've ever been on that is moderated have people getting banned all the time who are just like you. Hell, most of em would remove all of your posts too. Been that way since forums came into existence really.

JerryBoBerry said:
Edit: and evidently you don't actually get to many other forums. Cause every one i've ever been on that is moderated have people getting banned all the time who are just like you. Hell, most of em would remove all of your posts too. Been that way since forums came into existence really.

Indeed; I used to be an admin on another forum a few years ago when I was in college and there this guy would have been banned the moment he had posted this thread saying 'I was banned but I am back'.

Also, it's easy to decide how someone is annoying - just look at the reaction of the majority of the members replying to this thread - it is pretty much a mix of a simple 'we dont care about bitcoins' and later 'dude, just shut up - we dont care at all and told you already'.

The most compelling and perhaps only reason to use Bitcoins as currency is to make anonymous transactions over the internet, much like a cash transaction. There are other benefits, such as avoiding bank fees and simplifying international transactions.

It is the volatility in the value of bitcoins that make them unsuitable as a mainstream currency. This year alone the value of a bitcoin has varied from a high of over $900, to a low below $400.

For a business that has to make day by day purchases and sales and meet payroll, that kind of volatility is unacceptable. That’s exactly why currency is controlled by central banks, to avoid short term cycles of inflation and deflation that would disrupt the day to day economy.

Having said that, I believe bitcoins will eventually reach a stable value. The big questions are when will that happen, what will that value be, and will bitcoins be a viable currency afterwards.

Because a large percentage of bitcoins are being traded like a commodity rather than used to purchase good and services, there is a very real danger that they will eventually crash in value.

If bitcoins crash, both consumers and businesses will lose confidence in bitcoins and they will cease being a viable currency. There is no regulation or accountability, no one knows who owns what share of the bitcoin market and what their intentions might be.

In other words, there is no chance for the “good guys” to intervene when the “bad guys” decide to take the money and run. And that’s why we need guys in $5000 suits sitting in luxurious offices located in gleaming skyscrapers to run things. Sorry folks, but that’s the way it is.

PS This is an attempt to prove the $60,000 that I spent on my degree in economics was worth something. I own a gas station and people need gas and Slim Jims, Red Bull and cigarettes. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

Actually it belongs in america, where the owner of the forum can do whatever she pleases. This isn't set up so every jackass can have free reign to be...like you. This is a privately owned and operated forum. And the owner is the person you just replied to. You'd know that if you ever got your head unstuck out of your ass full of buttcoins and read anything else on this forum ever. So the answer to your question is: YES. She does decide who is annoying and who isn't and who can talk and when. She's usually pretty nice and lenient. Myself as proof of that.

Could have fooled me. Clearly, I know who the mod is, it is you haven't been paying attention.

And no, she don't need no steenking rules. She can make them up as she goes along and pleases.
No rules = anarchy - actually, she does have rules did you miss them when you signed up? why have them if she is just going to make up arbitrary rules? ( big word for you google is your friend ).

Actually, the moderator sets up the rules beforehand, they don't make them up as they go along. She already said she is going to show me the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.