AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Some unverified users are allowed to broadcast

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 21, 2024
How can this be if one must be age verified to broadcast on the site? I have recognized the same broadcasters continually being able to broadcast for months at https://chaturbate.com/exhibitionist-cams, some of which have high follower counts. Some have last broadcast times of months old.

I had my ability to broadcast suspended in July 2020 when my ID expired. Thus of course when attempting to broadcast brought up the page with the submit verification button. I got my ID renewed in October and resubmitted it. Prior to that I was told that I could access the https://chaturbate.com/identity to send in a Compliance Image, though was never prompted a given time to proceed with it.

Then I should have been "grandfathered" in as I was able to broadcast beings that submitted my ID before it was suspended.

Upvote 0
There are even users that have just joined in recent days being able to broadcast as well.

I have been contacting support@chaturbate.com for months about it, they never respond with an answer to it.
I have even sent them a list of the unverified broadcasters follower counts and the time since many of their last broadcasts.

I have also been reporting violating users to them for many years.

Upvote 0
from when exhibitionist cams were allowed to stream
... it appears that is still allowed since the link that OP posted still has streamers. Do we know for sure those on that page haven't provided ID? It's a part of the site that I don't think should ever have existed, regardless.

Also it's hilarious that every single one is a dude showing his dick (but I digress...).

There are even users that have just joined in recent days being able to broadcast as well.

I have been contacting support@chaturbate.com for months about it, they never respond with an answer to it.
I have even sent them a list of the unverified broadcasters follower counts and the time since many of their last broadcasts.

I have also been reporting violating users to them for many years.
I'd suggest you drop the conversation about the other "exhibitionist" streamers on the site and focus on your own problem when you talk with support. Just that your ID expired and you'd like to verify with your updated one. They may be ignoring you because you bring up irrelevant issues.

Upvote 0
I never understood what the hell a Exhibitionist cam is!? is it literally just people that like to flash others so they go around in other rooms and make people watch them or what? and why can they stream without ID, this seems REALLY odd to me (not to take focus away from OP, but this seems fucked up and I have seen two join the girl I moderate for a lot and always wondered wth they were)

Upvote 0
I never understood what the hell a Exhibitionist cam is!? is it literally just people that like to flash others so they go around in other rooms and make people watch them or what? and why can they stream without ID, this seems REALLY odd to me (not to take focus away from OP, but this seems fucked up and I have seen two join the girl I moderate for a lot and always wondered wth they were)
People with no intention of making money off of it, is the way I've always seen it.

Reactions: Wuggie
Upvote 0
People with no intention of making money off of it, is the way I've always seen it.
That's exactly it. Those rooms were a huge problem for models because everyone would hang out in the literal free rooms while the rest of us were trying to make money. There was a huge sigh of relief when it was cordoned off and set to the side.

Upvote 0
IMHO since the site takes such a hard line even on age-verified broadcasters who somebody subjectively decides looks "too young", being able to broadcast* without proving you're of age is a crazy situation.
But since you can, there's no point in reporting anyone who is doing so, unless of course they're breaking ToS.
Once you provide ID though, the account can be suspended once that ID expires, so you have to successfully pass Jumio age-verification again. Not always a simple process.

(* just unable to receive tokens)

Upvote 0
IMHO since the site takes such a hard line even on age-verified broadcasters who somebody subjectively decides looks "too young", being able to broadcast* without proving you're of age is a crazy situation.
But since you can, there's no point in reporting anyone who is doing so, unless of course they're breaking ToS.
Once you provide ID though, the account can be suspended once that ID expires, so you have to successfully pass Jumio age-verification again. Not always a simple process.

(* just unable to receive tokens)
In all fairness, there doesn't appear to be a single exhibitionist under the age of 45. :))

Upvote 0
I just did a quick test for research on this subject, using 2 old accounts that I haven't used in a couple of years, 1 that I bought tokens on only once, and a grey account.

The account that I bought tokens on was able to broadcast without the ability to receive tokens, and the grey account was asked to age-verify.

As I see it this means that in order to broadcast as an 'Exhibitionist' you would have to have an account that is at least a couple of years old, and that you would have to bought tokens prior to the cut-off time.

ETA: The account that was able to broadcast had never done so before.

Upvote 0
I just did a quick test for research on this subject, using 2 old accounts that I haven't used in a couple of years, 1 that I bought tokens on only once, and a grey account.

The account that I bought tokens on was able to broadcast without the ability to receive tokens, and the grey account was asked to age-verify.

As I see it this means that in order to broadcast as an 'Exhibitionist' you would have to have an account that is at least a couple of years old, and that you would have to bought tokens prior to the cut-off time.

ETA: The account that was able to broadcast had never done so before.
try to buy tokens on the grey account and see if it lets you do it?

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Then I should have been "grandfathered" in as I was able to broadcast beings that submitted my ID before it was suspended.
You would not have been 'grandfathered' in because you had already submitted your ID, which had then expired, before the cut-off time.

Upvote 0
Ok so the age verification for exhibitionist cams is the fact you have a credit card/other approved method of payment. That should clear that up.

Reactions: bamdicted
Upvote 0
Ok so the age verification for exhibitionist cams is the fact you have a credit card/other approved method of payment. That should clear that up.
Further investigations show that yes indeed having used a credit card to buy tokens gives me the ability to broadcast as 'Exhibitionist'....I just tested a newly made account.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
Conclusion:

Earn tokens = Jumio age verification with government issued ID
Show your junk for free = Purchase tokens with a valid form of payment

Thanks for doing that @bamdicted :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
There is a basic misconception with the use of credentials created by one organization for one reason and then used by others. I have a valid drivers license and the state government agency has verified my identity and age. It is on a license to drive. And the license has an expiration. When a license expires, my privilege to drive on roads is no longer in effect. Same would be if my license were suspended for parking tickets. Losing my ability to drive in no way alters my identity or age. Losing my ability to drive in no way alters the government agency's competence for verifying those things. Losing my ability to drive did not suddenly make the expired credential less trustworthy for verification of my identity and age.

If Chaturbate were requiring that I be legally able to drive in order to broadcast, then the expiration or suspension should matter to them. An employer might have a requirement for me to remain a driver in good standing.
Chaturbate has no such requirement to my knowledge. Chaturbate is relying on the license for a purpose other than why it was issued. It remains as useful for proof of my identity and age the day after it expires as it was the day it was issued, or the day before it expired. I would think that the same would be true of a passport, since it provides me the ability to travel internationally. Renewing a license or a passport can be done easily and requires no re-proof of my identity or age. The government trusts their previous verification of those things.

Requiring a broadcaster to re-verify after a license or passport renewal makes very little sense.

Sorry for the rant, but I have a family member who works for the DMV in her state, and another who works for SSA. They both hear complaints all the time from very impatient people who need their license or card immediately because some other organization wants it. It creates a lot of uncomfortable emotional situations in their jobs. Social Security still has issues with people using their numbers for identity verification since people need to share their SSN with many others over their lives.

Lawyers, I blame the lawyers.

Upvote 0
If you were using your sister's ID, or a dead person's ID, or bribed someone for an ID the renewal could be complicated. But it's true cb is probably just following the law and law doesn't care about your convenience.

Upvote 0
I'd suggest you drop the conversation about the other "exhibitionist" streamers on the site and focus on your own problem when you talk with support. Just that your ID expired and you'd like to verify with your updated one. They may be ignoring you because you bring up irrelevant issues.

I was responding to being suggested to contact support.

So I see the answer is that you must buy tokens to be able to broadcast after joing the site or after ID expires. if they would just tell me that.

Must be a reason why they don’t want to let members know they have that option when accessing the Broadcast Yourself link.

As I mentioned I have been able to broadcast again since October. I can still have interest and want to question why something that is so strict with one important valid issue does have another option.

Then there is the issue with someone under 18 obtaining a credit card, which would usually be in the home in which they live to purchase tokens.

Upvote 0
Then there is the issue with someone under 18 obtaining a credit card, which would usually be in the home in which they live to purchase tokens.
Yeap this is actually a problem... where I live you can get a debit card from you turn 7, so buying tokens is not a valid way of checking if people are of age at all indeed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.