AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I have been off of Streamate for a while, and because of this my ratings disappeared. It still shows as 5 stars on my profile, but I’m never on the first page anymore. Maybe like 6th page or so now! How do I get back up? Just request that customers rate me? My stream quality and everything else is good.

Easiest way is to clock in hours. The higher the hours the higher on the homepage.

Tech quality in regards to cam and internet will affect your placement as well but putting in hours is the easiest for sure if you can't upgrade your setup any more than you have.

Upvote 0
Hello guys! I'm new to streamate and am a little lost on the interface. Can you have a premium and exclusive at the same time? On my first go at camming on streamate I was in a premium and a C2C exclusive, which I only knew was one because it showed up on my billing history. I'm trying to figure out if that all happened in the same timeframe or if I somehow "logged off" from the premium chat because I accepted the exclusive.

Also because I started off (and am still on) chaturbate, I'm still getting used the the dynamics of my room, clients, etc. I'm not sure if I just need to stand there and answer questions or become a big personality as I've done on chaturbate? Has anyone else struggled with this?

Upvote 0
Can you have a premium and exclusive at the same time? On my first go at camming on streamate I was in a premium and a C2C exclusive, which I only knew was one because it showed up on my billing history

That's very odd, you shouldn't be able to be in both at the same time, and I have never heard of someone getting a request for an exclusive while they're already in premium. Is it possible that the first member had left without you noticing and then you got the exclusive request as soon as you were back in public?

Also because I started off (and am still on) chaturbate, I'm still getting used the the dynamics of my room, clients, etc. I'm not sure if I just need to stand there and answer questions or become a big personality as I've done on chaturbate? Has anyone else struggled with this?

SM is a LOT more chill than token sites. Teasing/dancing, etc in free chat is typically not worth it, because dudes will just enjoy the free show and never pay - there are a LOT of guys who will gladly pay for dancing or teasing in private, which is very nice. Answering a few questions so members know if you're offering what they're looking for is fine, but if they're playing 20 questions, most models either stop answering or start telling the member to take them private for details. Be sure to answer in a way that gives them a good idea of what you offer, but also doesn't give them free wank fodder, some guys really try to get freebies especially when you're new.

Upvote 0
Hello guys! I'm new to streamate and am a little lost on the interface. Can you have a premium and exclusive at the same time? On my first go at camming on streamate I was in a premium and a C2C exclusive, which I only knew was one because it showed up on my billing history. I'm trying to figure out if that all happened in the same timeframe or if I somehow "logged off" from the premium chat because I accepted the exclusive.

I am waiting for my 2nd sm account's approval, after a long hiatus, it used to be that in premium more than one person could watch. You can still turn on a cam in premium. I used to just chill & talk in free chat if I felt like doing more I would if I felt like being more reserved I would. On mfc sometimes the same regs would come everytime I came on, sm wasn't like that.

Upvote 0
That's very odd, you shouldn't be able to be in both at the same time, and I have never heard of someone getting a request for an exclusive while they're already in premium. Is it possible that the first member had left without you noticing and then you got the exclusive request as soon as you were back in public?

Yes I think that's what happened. It was my first or second day and I still was new to learning the sounds and identifying public & private.

There was a user that kept jumping in and out of private (I now realized he was just trying to cop a show for free) and I think within him jumping in and out I must have some how accepted the exclusive. Such an overwhelming day!!

Upvote 0
I've been lurking around in this topic for a couple of days now! So yesterday I decided to have a go at broadcasting on SM, long story short it didn't go well (Ten minutes in I had a panic attack and have to close everything down :dead:) However whilst I was there I noticed that there's a two sections 'Paid Members' and 'Guest Members', please could someone explain the differences for me?

Upvote 0
I've been lurking around in this topic for a couple of days now! So yesterday I decided to have a go at broadcasting on SM, long story short it didn't go well (Ten minutes in I had a panic attack and have to close everything down :dead:) However whilst I was there I noticed that there's a two sections 'Paid Members' and 'Guest Members', please could someone explain the differences for me?
Guest members are in free chat, paid members are paying per minute. You will get a pop-up when you get a request for an exclusive show which you have to accept in order to get into paid, but you will simply be automatically placed in paid when you get a premium show. However, if you keep the paid chat window minimized then you will never end up in a premium session without knowing it, because it will drop down as soon as someone enters.

Upvote 0
@THE MOLLIE MARIE That awkward moment when you go to premium for the first time but didn't notice because no pop-up/window maximizing so you're wondering how long the member has been waiting on you in paid chat.

Upvote 0
@THE MOLLIE MARIE That awkward moment when you go to premium for the first time but didn't notice because no pop-up/window maximizing so you're wondering how long the member has been waiting on you in paid chat.
The first time I ever worked sm I actually argued with the first guy that took me prem. He told me we were in a show and I was arguing that I never got any notification and didn't believe him. I honestly thought he was trying to get a free show. He ended it and started it again so I could see the difference. Funny, awkward but also informative.

Upvote 0
@ElaySmith I can't decide whether its a like or a hug so I'mma leave this here.

:inlove:

Upvote 0
Guest members are in free chat, paid members are paying per minute. You will get a pop-up when you get a request for an exclusive show which you have to accept in order to get into paid, but you will simply be automatically placed in paid when you get a premium show. However, if you keep the paid chat window minimized then you will never end up in a premium session without knowing it, because it will drop down as soon as someone enters.

Aaaah right! That makes sense. I've done a few shows on MFC and was getting confused with their Guest Members.
Just wondering as well, I'm guessing once your in a premium show and talking with Paid Members, will Guest Members no longer be able to see/speak to you? (probably should have done a bit more research on this!)

Also thank you guys for the hugs! I feel the love!

Upvote 0
Just wondering as well, I'm guessing once your in a premium show and talking with Paid Members, will Guest Members no longer be able to see/speak to you? (probably should have done a bit more research on this!)
You've got it exactly right. Once you are in paid, those in guest chat won't be able to see or hear a thing.

And at the end of a paid session, you will see a little timer in the cam feed window on the stream page counting you down until you are brought back into guest chat. I think it's like, 15 seconds. If I need longer, I log off. I don't like using the break button because those minutes count toward your time online as unpaid minutes which brings your percent in paid down, and I'm not trying to lower my placement just by taking breaks haha.

Upvote 0
Aaaah right! That makes sense. I've done a few shows on MFC and was getting confused with their Guest Members.

Also thank you guys for the hugs! I feel the love!

I think it's like, 15 seconds. If I need longer, I log off. I don't like using the break button because those minutes count toward your time online as unpaid minutes which brings your percent in paid down, and I'm not trying to lower my placement just by taking breaks haha.

Its 30 seconds after a show ends before you show back up in free chat. And you won't have a break button if your just starting out, you have to message support to have it activated, but its not a necessity. You can also message support and ask to enable higher rates.

Everybody runs their room different but I wouldn't advice the whole log out thing, especially when your just starting out. SM rewards for time online, if you need more than 30 seconds to get redressed its completely fine to leave your cam running and step off to the side to finish. I also wouldn't worry about paid percent right away. Even when I was working a consistent schedule and making GOOD money on there, I would finish my weeks at like 37% paid. You don't have to have a super high paid percent to have a high ranking.

Upvote 0
It's also important to remember that your rates can affect your paid percent time! Sometimes having a higher-than-average rate can cause a gap between your paid shows, but you'll be making more money per show.

Upvote 0
It's also important to remember that your rates can affect your paid percent time! Sometimes having a higher-than-average rate can cause a gap between your paid shows, but you'll be making more money per show.
This is very true! When I get bored I log off, so I keep my rates so that my room is fairly busy. The biggest detriment to my paid percent is the fact that I abuse the break button. If I didn’t my time paid would probably be over 50%.

Upvote 0

Kinda like when you go private on MFC, if you go premium they can still hang out and type in your free chat. It doesn't happen very often, but from time to time I'll get a random dude sitting in free chat trying to ask me questions while I'm freaking busy. I ignore them, because they're stupid. Send a message or join the show, bub.

Upvote 0
You've got it exactly right. Once you are in paid, those in guest chat won't be able to see or hear a thing.

And at the end of a paid session, you will see a little timer in the cam feed window on the stream page counting you down until you are brought back into guest chat. I think it's like, 15 seconds. If I need longer, I log off. I don't like using the break button because those minutes count toward your time online as unpaid minutes which brings your percent in paid down, and I'm not trying to lower my placement just by taking breaks haha.

Thank you for clearing this up for me :) At the moment, I'm trying not to worry myself with my placement or percentages, I know I'll probably be kicking myself further down the line. I'm just trying to focus on getting a schedule together and start streaming, I'm sure everything will start falling together.

Kinda like when you go private on MFC, if you go premium they can still hang out and type in your free chat. It doesn't happen very often, but from time to time I'll get a random dude sitting in free chat trying to ask me questions while I'm freaking busy. I ignore them, because they're stupid. Send a message or join the show, bub.

Thank you :)
Crazy Stalker Moment: I've actually been Fangirl-ing over all your posts in this topic, I love the vibe you give off and how you'll call out greedy/annoying customers! Definitely helped me unleash my inner badass!

Upvote 0
I am just starting on streammate, I could not continue because my cam and internet are so bad lol. I hope I can resume soon, everybody says that is the best to start, my real goal is MFC althought ppl say it is too hard. I am studying successful models there in the mean time :)

• Hugs
Reactions: CurvyJ
Upvote 0
Hey everyone! I'm a noob cam model on SM and have a few random questions that I'm sure are probably kind of really dependent on each individual person, but I'd love to hear your opinions! So, again I'm a noob, I've been on Streamate for one month (exactly today :p) and I'm not sure what is best in the beginning.

Do I want to stay logged on for say 6 hours 5 days a week (the amount of days I'm able to do this) to keep my hours online high or do I want to shoot for a monetary goal and then log off? Which is more important? Having a higher hourly time online or having a % of in paid chat or making more $ per hour? I'm not entirely certain what ranks you better/higher or if neither really matter, but after hour 4 I'm kind of D.E.A.D. So, I've noticed if I hang around after that I get kinda boring lol My energy levels are gonezo. I can only cam while my GF is away at work so I can't really take a break and come back later :p I'm averaging about 70-80$ an hour. Is that good/bad/average? Sorry if money talk is not appropriate here, if so please let me know! I'm just very genuinely curious as to what to expect and what kind of goals are reasonable to set for myself as a new model!

Thanks in advance for your opinion, guys!!!

If i were making 70/80 an hour id never stop working

Reactions: Rhiannon Reye
Upvote 0
If i were making 70/80 an hour id never stop working

If I make $50+ in an hour, I call it good for the day and log off :haha: #worldsworstcamgirl

Upvote 0
Hey guys! New here. I started on SM, after reading all of the reviews and I want to learn the ropes before taking on a beast like Chat/MFC. I think my first day went smoothly. In the AM, I was on page 3 (2 hr block) and in the evening I was on page 6 (4 hr block). I was asked about vibrating tip toy. Do you guys use those on SM? Ohmibod or Lovense?

I wasn’t set on a tip toy, since I thought PVT/Excl would be enough, starting out. But, I did pretty well with a tip menu, so maybe I’ll the tip toy, in the future.

What are you guys thoughts?

Upvote 0
Hey guys! New here. I started on SM, after reading all of the reviews and I want to learn the ropes before taking on a beast like Chat/MFC. I think my first day went smoothly. In the AM, I was on page 3 (2 hr block) and in the evening I was on page 6 (4 hr block). I was asked about vibrating tip toy. Do you guys use those on SM? Ohmibod or Lovense?

I wasn’t set on a tip toy, since I thought PVT/Excl would be enough, starting out. But, I did pretty well with a tip menu, so maybe I’ll the tip toy, in the future.

What are you guys thoughts?

Some models do use tip vibes on SM, they seem to be gaining popularity. I would say, get it if you want it, don't get it if you don't want it.

SM doesn't have a way to connect the toy to the website yet like MFC and CB do, so as I understand it, you can send members a control link in pvt/excl, or you can just have it sound-activated in public chat.

Upvote 0
What do you gals do during down time? I know many have double monitors ect but I was able to get on for an hour last night. And felt awkward just sitting there with no one in my room... I think I might read a book or something? I don't know lol I guess I could tab in and out when someone logs in too.

Upvote 0
What do you gals do during down time? I know many have double monitors ect but I was able to get on for an hour last night. And felt awkward just sitting there with no one in my room... I think I might read a book or something? I don't know lol I guess I could tab in and out when someone logs in too.

I play solitaire or mahjong, since I only have one monitor set up, and it doesn't take up a lot of CPU. If it is a slower time than normal, and I'm trying to clock hours, I watch TV with subtitles on my tablet, but usually something light like a cooking show, so I don't get resting bitch face while I watch.

Upvote 0

i would game, read books or comics, watch hulu on silent with subtitles, do homework, clean, read a lot of camming forums. i advise keeping your member entering sounds so you can be aware and great everyone.

also stay aware of sports events. last night was thursday night football and was a late game. it was so slow, i was getting antsy.

Upvote 0
Thank you! I had a few pop in and out and some stayed to chat. I got godly for boob flashes and 1 short premium in my hour so I think I'm happy with that... I with as just a bit bored lol and I don't have a still photo so I wanted to look entertaining

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I'm halfway done with the subscription process on Streamate lol. I did it once because Chaturbate was down and I was mad.
For now I'm still unsure if I should put some effort in a second site or not, since it's going fairly well with CB. I'm just constantly scared because there's so many BUGS all the time!!! :hungover:

From what I read here and there, SM looks like a nice place. I'm not the chatty type of person so there's that. Also the fact that you can do unrelated relaxing stuff in between privates is cool too. I think I should read this whole thread when I'll have a bit of time! :)

Upvote 0
Thank you! I had a few pop in and out and some stayed to chat. I got godly for boob flashes and 1 short premium in my hour so I think I'm happy with that... I with as just a bit bored lol and I don't have a still photo so I wanted to look entertaining

try to push yourself to do two hours. the more you are on, the more likly you can build up clientele

Upvote 0