AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Suggestions For Chaturbate - Add Yours

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I thought it could be a potentially good thing if we all gave our suggestions for improvement for Chaturbate to make the place better.
Over the time I have been there, I have made multiple but emailing suggestions seems pointless. I know this probably will be too but at least then we can also see what others come up with and if we agree, disagree and can improve even further on THAT idea too.

Here are a few of mine:
1) Have a 2 different types of Moderators: 1 would be as it is now and can just silence people, but then have another with a few more abilities. One of the other abilities could be to kick/ban for the model and then a few more things (not sure what?) Of course this 2 Elite Mod would be someone the model absolutely 100% trusts.
(I understand some people don't like mods to begin with, but lets keep this as suggestions not a way to debate or derail.)
2) I posted this one recently in the CB Discussion: Allow models to disable the option for PREMIUM, Mods and Fan Club members from initiating a Private Message. Have multiple options so specific groups can't do it, or have a global one to turn it off completely.

My brain has gone very dead, I can't remember any other's that I have thought of and sent previously,
What would you like to see implemented? Try not to make this all about better connection issues either.

Hmm... Stay tuned? Should people who want offline messaging get their hopes up?

That was their responses 10 or so minutes ago. :)

View attachment 84450

I liked this before on my phone but didn't respond.
I truly hope they are doing this, and from those comments it seems like they are finally.

I really hope they manage to take their time with it and not just rush it to have it implemented. I'd love it to be done properly and take an extra month or 2, rather than be rushed and ruined.
Basically, it'd be great for them to build the foundation for an offline message system, which allows them/models to opt in/out of other features for it. For example is the model allowing PMs from anyone who is able to give them (Supporters, Fanclub, Mods). Is the model able to charge XX per PM, XX per X Pms received.. can the model include/exclude/block users from EVER sending them a PM (maybe include tippers/friends to never have to pay per PM, even if that option is enabled)... there are solo many possibilities for this and I truly hope CB can think about them all, from BOTH sides, to benefit both the model, the tipper, the 'friends'... they may make it so FRIENDS (you follow them > they follow you = friend) can PM you free, or it can ONLY be friends to send/initiate PMs.

All of these options would be ones to enable or disable, but like i said, there are many I can think of, and I bet there are many options models and you other perverts (I'm allowed to say this, it's okay.... I am one too :p ) can think of too.

Reactions: Beawaresweety
Upvote 0
I feel like I'm the only person who does not really welcome an offline messaging platform on CB 😅 I inderstand the benefit for CB, but from my personal perspective.. No..

Just hoooope this doesn't mean more site instabilities. We've had a few good years with a stable site, but with the new things they've been adding things are deteriorating. So hopefully they're gonna focus on doing it well.

I'm very curious what other kind of developments they have in store for us though (if any).

Upvote 0
I feel like I'm the only person who does not really welcome an offline messaging platform on CB 😅 I inderstand the benefit for CB, but from my personal perspective.. No..

Just hoooope this doesn't mean more site instabilities. We've had a few good years with a stable site, but with the new things they've been adding things are deteriorating. So hopefully they're gonna focus on doing it well.

I'm very curious what other kind of developments they have in store for us though (if any).

If they implement it properly they will allow members (both broadcaster and viewer) the option to turn it off in their account. (hopefully)
As for what other developments they have in store, just follow CB's cbupdatenews twitter account and 'stay tuned'.

Now that I know that they actually listen and respond to people on there, I have few ideas I'm going to pass their way. :)

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
If they implement it properly they will allow members (both broadcaster and viewer) the option to turn it off in their account. (hopefully)
or not (let's bet ?)
imo if they do, they will just the same way they allow supporters to pm model with no more option from the model

Upvote 0
As for what other developments they have in store, just follow CB's cbupdatenews twitter account and 'stay tuned'.

Now that I know that they actually listen and respond to people on there, I have few ideas I'm going to pass their way. :)

Being able to opt-out of messages or not is not the reason why I don't want it, but I'm assuming they will do that.
(Although.. can't opt out of being harassed by unwanted PMs by "supporters" either)

Everyone should wait with getting their hopes up though. It would be in line with recent implementations if they make the offline messaging a "supporter-only" feature like anon tipping.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Being able to opt-out of messages or not is not the reason why I don't want it, but I'm assuming they will do that.
(Although.. can't opt out of being harassed by unwanted PMs by "supporters" either)

Everyone should wait with getting their hopes up though. It would be in line with recent implementations if they make the offline messaging a "supporter-only" feature like anon tipping.

I hear you on the harassment part. But since CB logs everything from day 1 of an accounts creation, as much as a nuisance it 'could' become for some when offline messaging is implemented, a simple report to support to deal with the harassment will warn/terminate the offending members account. Well at least in a perfect cam world it would work that way.

Many broadcasters I have chatted with about offline messaging want it for the soul purpose of being able to send links to won videos from raffles. Or to say a simple thank you to a member who may have dropped an offline tip. and so forth.

Myself I want it not for messaging broadcasters (I leave offline tip notes for that if and when I do) but for messaging back and forth with other members that I am 'room' friends with. Sometimes not all of us want to share our email addresses with each other. :)

or not (let's bet ?)
imo if they do, they will just the same way they allow supporters to pm model with no more option from the model

Guess we'll see come time. It's hilarious how many people roll their eyes at CB for how outdated the site feels compared to competing sites.

Upvote 0
Guess we'll see come time. It's hilarious how many people roll their eyes at CB for how outdated the site feels compared to competing sites.
What? :eek:

I think this is actually the first time i've seen someone say that. What website are you talking about that makes CB feel outdated?
Same here.
I've heard something similar about MFC.
"The site looks like from 1994".
But I've never heard that about CB.

Reactions: oimerle and DoD404
Upvote 0
or not (let's bet ?)
...how many people roll their eyes at CB for how outdated the site feels compared to competing sites.

I don't at all and don't see how you can read it in what I said (mfc is my 'outdated and messing reference' site)

CB remains my pref cam site. Simple, efficient, easy to tune.
Including the big up point that a member can test model's feature to give an help, makes it imo the best platform for a beginner model and also a nice clean market place to settle in.
All this gives a 'familial' mood convenient for models being amateurs and pros independents as well.

It's also reassuring for viewers who don't have the impress to through their credit card away in p0rn industry but to independents. Without being obliged to give any part of their pvt info. They can protect their privacy and intimacy without searching hours in menus how to be concentrated on the current room without ejecting all spammers.
This for pvt messages (ie I still didn't find my best tuning in mfc to really enjoy the site and I'm not a bad programmer).

Add the impossibility for a model to see if a user is online or not, and so many other weird features found on other sites that made me run away from there, and you'll understand that for me it's a whole which is very coherent in my mind, and should remain coherent in CB.

Imitating other sites for few users who are not feeling at home there should not be a priority.

(When there is not real need for a feature, don't code the feature)

Upvote 0
[...] but for messaging back and forth with other members that I am 'room' friends with. Sometimes not all of us want to share our email addresses with each other. :)
This ⬆
I ended up giving my whatsapp to a couple of fellow pervs since CB doesn't have any meaningful way to communicate offline, but I would rather prefer I didn't have to. I know there are better ways to keep anonymous, offline contact with people than whatsapp, but still. The other parties weren't too comfortable with it either. People will always find a way to talk to each other, but doing it outside CB can have unintended consequences.

Upvote 0
People will always find a way to talk to each other, but doing it outside CB can have unintended consequences.
I created my twitter in this purpose, using new mail and so on... (same for telegram, kik, snapchat...) it's really easy, most of these medias allow you to have multiple accounts, you don't have to give your personal info in any way.

Upvote 0
This isn't so much about what's technically feasible, but about protecting myself and those I communicate with. If your online communication and your phone starts resembling a poorly made Rube Goldberg machine, something's wrong. It should in my opinion not have to be like that (for users). One wrong cut & paste and someone's "real life" spills over into something else. I don't really care if another user gets to know my real name or shows up in my contacts in an app somewhere (Except for my dog I can't be "found out"), but it might not be so straightforward at the other end. It's plain old risk management and separation of information.

Upvote 0
I wonder if CB realised that the want for an offline messaging system wasn't just to be in contact with the model.. We'll see what they come up with.

Anyway, based on above I'm glad that I've provided those who hangout in my room with an offline messaging system that allows them to connect with eachother as well. Even though sometimes I feel like they're plotting against me 🙃
A lot of people complain about CB lacking community but I've found that this isn't the case at all. People connect everywhere, and it's a great thing, now more than ever.

-----‐--------
Now to go on topic, my current suggestion for CB is it would be great if I could see information like the tip-log in my own timezone.
This would also be good for tippers in certain cases, like if they want to figure out when they can retip for thumbsup etc. 🤔 Probably not applicable to many people though, but for me personally it would be a good update.

Upvote 0
like if they want to figure out when they can retip for thumbsup
They can figure it with the aspect of the thumbsup button : yellow=already voted in last 24 hours, even if you leave the room for hours. Else both buttons are grey or inactive.

but yes, I missed also the timezone but I don't remember why : )

Upvote 0
I'd love if I could see the comments I have left Models.
This could work one of 2 ways, or preferably, both ways:

1) On a "per model" basis, so when I go to her room, I click the "thumbs up//down" bit and it shows me the comments in a new popup window, like how it does for the model - it only shows MY comments/ratings though. This could be the past 100 or ALL, or less than 100, but 100+ would be ideal.

2) On my own profile in my settings somewhere "View Ratings Given to Models", and then it lists them in the order (newest on top, of course). It'd be a simple table, it doesn't need to be anything fancy at all.. "Model Name // Up/Down // Comment // Date"

Ideally having both of these would be fantastic.
Some times I leave a model a message and then I don't see her again for a few days or longer and she might comment on it to me, and final honesty, sometimes I have forgotten what it is I have said (sometimes it can be a compliment or something humourous from the show/night).. So it'd be great to be able to see past comments and ratings.

Upvote 0
Suggestion for CB I have been giving to support for a long time now: Current rating system is very flawed and not useful.

1. Don’t make the ratings anonymous. I want to know who rates down. I can go thru my token stats to try and “guess” but it’s a process and difficult at times to figure out. I don‘t want to confront/harass the user. I want to know for the sole purpose of banning the user for life, as I don’t want their business or them returning to my room to do it again (and sadly many do, in my experience). They try to sabotage your success.

2. Don’t allow users to leave abusive comments or any comments in the ratings. Trolls/haters feed on this and only need to tip 25 tokens ($1.25 to the model). Or at the very least have the ability to remove those done maliciously.

3. Raise the amount required to tip (maybe to 100 tokens) to be able to rate. This may deter a lot from doing it maliciously.

Upvote 0
So, I noticed a few new things with CB again.

1) On the Membership tab in the profile, they have added an "expired" bit as well as showing "extend membership" next to each membership you have. I also have one membership expiring in about 4 or 5 days and they sent me an email saying it will expire on XX date and gave me the link to extend. I really like this. Now, I hope they can add to this an actual date on this tab for when it will expire. That will really benefit me and I guess many

2) They have included an on-site feedback form to make it easier to send technical problems and suggestions. It also includes a way to capture a screenshot.
Click on your NAME in the top right and then it will show "My Profile" "send feedback" and "logout". Click Send feedback, it shows this:

cbfeedback.png

Click "Add Screenshot" and it shows another popup to select one of 3 options on how you want the screenshot to be captured. My PC is lagging badly right now so I won't capture that to show you but it's easy to see for yourself on the site

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Click "Add Screenshot" and it shows another popup to select one of 3 options on how you want the screenshot to be captured. My PC is lagging badly right now so I won't capture that to show you but it's easy to see for yourself on the site
1592373342707.png

you're welcome

Upvote 0
There are 17 pages comments/suggestions/ideas about the topic and I have no time to read them all so if there was a suggestion about having dynamic links for tipping / URL type and not javascript button it will be a blast because in this case a webcam performer can add links /images / buttons/ banners inside their Bio and earn tokens via user interaction... just like other sites do (MFC is a good and powerful example)
Furthermore, this type of tip method has more appeal and embeddable (case scenario... a webcam performer can have a tip menu or a banner outside CB profile, and can get those tokens even offline... Studio Profiles can promote their models on their CB page and have tip buttons for each webcam performer individually... a fan can also display and promo their fav model on their page.... so on) not to mention the variety of "call to action" and improved interaction which may empower performer's Bio content.
If was already suggested (I don't apologize) but I subscribe to that suggestion.
Anyway, I did noticed that CB does tremendous efforts in developing and improving their platform and thumbs up for that. Maybe in the feature CB will be more flexible when it comes to customizing bio and accepted markup codes (thus span tag and inline-block are improving customization too)
Maybe in the feature CB and CGC can collaborate on that aspect.
🤔 I was planning to contact CB with a API suggestion and development to allow the upload of images directly on their hosting when a Chaturbate webcam performer uses our Camgirl Live Editor tool to customize bio designs.

Upvote 0
I would like CB to add an option to flip the video horizontally. It's very common for broadcasters to send out their video with the horizontal inverted. As a result, you cannot read anything written on a shirt they wear, or a sign in the room. The best solution would be for the broadcaster to correct the source stream, but barring that give us an option to flip the horizontal on the viewer's side, as a real-time option.

Upvote 0
Do something about other broadcasters coming into other models rooms when broadcasting. Countless did this and disrupted my room. It’s beyond rude, and they try to disrupt your room vibe which costs you money. alot tonight did it on purpose as I was doing fairly well. And one even tipped me to insult me.

Upvote 0
coming into other models rooms when broadcasting.
yes, that's rude. The minimum you can try is :
1592389868517.png
Many rooms also purely block Girls :
1592390196513.png

Also, they just changed the chat for viewers : viewers can't anymore see if anyone has his/her cam opened in your room (even a mod)
Only you can see this since this change.
I think this is their most recent try to "Do something about other broadcasters..."
though the old viewer interface is still available (legacy site)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Upvote 0
we need offline messages!! I think chaturbate is the only camsite that still does not have it. They are very very important for us models to keep contact with our members.. I get so many shows and bring so many members back sending them messages on ImLive and CameraPrive

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Do something about other broadcasters coming into other models rooms when broadcasting. Countless did this and disrupted my room. It’s beyond rude, and they try to disrupt your room vibe which costs you money. alot tonight did it on purpose as I was doing fairly well. And one even tipped me to insult me.

If they are doing this often, then I think you're referring to the grey bots who try to steal guys info.
Are they grey accounts? And do they say stuff like "c2c with me" or "I'm so horny" and other stuff? If so, then that is a "scam/spam bot".
Stop these by using a bot of your own in the apps/bots section. The one I know of and know works well, is "Antispambots" by "michal". No settings need to be input, so just launch the bot and voila, no more of these greys doing it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.