AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

survey questions about camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 6, 2016
libraries
Hi all,

My name is Nicole and I'm a grad student doing research at the University of Washington. This quarter, myself and others are working to create some kind of toolkit for cam models. If you feel comfortable sharing, I would greatly appreciate you answering some brief questions about your experience with camming.

You can click here for the survey! If you have any questions feel free to ask here or the emails listed on the survey.

We're also looking to interview some models who would be compensated for their time. We would be interested in going more in depth with some of the questions on the survey and seeing what kind of resources you're looking for.

I gave it a good filling-out! Hope it helps!

If you're interested in interviewing me, I'm for it. Message me if you'd like.

Just make sure you do your research about what's already available to camgirls and what folks on here have already said they do or don't want/need.

Why would you be developing a camgirl toolkit for a university study?

Yeah, I'm kind of curious what the purpose and goal of your research is? I read the blurb on the survey but wasn't totally clear on what you're going to do with the info!

As an aside you've presumably gotten ethical clearance and approval already, but the resources and tools needed for virtual sex work are often very different than those needed for IRL sex work. Conflating them in the survey might lead to less useful results, especially if you're polling primarily virtual workers.

Yeah, I'm kind of curious what the purpose and goal of your research is? I read the blurb on the survey but wasn't totally clear on what you're going to do with the info!.

Why would you be developing a camgirl toolkit for a university study?

Sorry about the vagueness! We're all getting our masters in library science and learning how to best communicate information to different communities. For an assignment in our Information Behavior class we’re looking into ways different professions communicate and transmit information. We are interested in exploring and amplifying the info-sharing culture of sex workers, and due to time limitations, we chose to focus on virtual sex workers. Our survey includes space to elaborate on both virtual and IRL sex work, but we’re hoping to go more in depth and parse out further details in our interviews.

Our goals are to better understand virtual sex worker’s info sharing culture with issues involving privacy, legality, funding, and safety (emotional and physical). In order for our work not to just be exploration, we wanted to produce some kind of toolkit with all of the results of our research.

FYI These guys were already called out over on SW, can't find mention of them anywhere as being associated with Washington university.

https://ischool.uw.edu/people

yup, no mention of the two people listed anywhere on uw's website. You guys may have the uw.edu addresses but we need more credentials!

Also. If you're looking into legalities you're going to want to focus your study in an area.

We are from all over the world.

Much vague. Bad research goals. How would a supervisor even approve for this? Perhaps giving us your supervisors info as should be done per most university policy would help. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.