AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Football Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigsancho said:
Well ladies and gentlemen the NFL and NFLPA couldn't agree to a new CBA and well the NFL are going to do a lockout but lucky for the players the union decertified and the players are underway suing the owners, fucking greedy fuckers
I stopped following all NFL news a while ago, can someone explain to me in simple terms WTF is going on with this?

The players want their union to be strong like the baseball players' union or the basketball players' union. The owners don't want this.

The owners want and 18-game season. The players don't.

The players want to know the intimate details of the owners financial situations. The owners want to keep this secret.

The owners want to have a cap on what rookie players can make. The players don't want this.

The two parties tried and tried to come to an agreement about these issues and others but could not. As a result the players dissolved the union so that each individual player could sue the NFL. Some law suits have already been filed. The players figure that they will have more leverage in the courts than they do on their own.

We'll see what happens now...

Runts has it mostly right. The players are in favor of a rookie salary cap and there's rumors that the 2 sides had pretty much agreed to how it would work. Basically, no longer will a #1 overall draft pick make $50 million just for putting pen to paper.

But ultimately, the issue is this: the NFL brings in approximately $9 billion per year. The players combine to make nearly $5 billion of that. The owners are claiming to be losing money and want some of that money back. The players are saying (as Runts correctly noted) "show us the books and let's see how we can help each other out." The owners are saying no.

Result- probably a postponed or even cancelled 2011 NFL season.

This is where I say "Hey, NFL. Don't go full NHL. You never go full NHL." (Link)

There's a vote going on through ESPN.com for the public to pick who will be on the cover of Madden NFL '12. They've picked one representative from each team and matched them up in head-to-head contests in a tournament bracket with votes picking who moves on. Some of the representatives are pretty shitty such as Seattle having their fans ("The 12th Man") as their representative.

The first round matchups were chosen for the rivalries. So, for example, the Dolphins' Jake Long is against the Jets' Mark Sanchez.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2012cover if you're interested.

On a side note- I'm so sick of brackets now.

Mikeythegeek said:
bigsancho said:
Fuck yea NFL lockout lifted from judge Susan Nelson! NFL does plan to appeal the decision
But as of right now, teams can make deals with 72 hours before the start of the draft.

This probably killed some qbs draft stock

Also R.I.P. Joe "The Jet" Perry the niners all time leading rusher and hall of famer, he was part of the infamous million dollar backfield

I sure hope theres a season next year because if so I'll be going to the Packers Bears game at Lambeau on Christmas, on the goal line 3 rows up.

Looks like we are really close to a deal.

Brees, P. Manning, and Brady have come out in favor of making a deal and, according to Mark Sanchez on the Dan Patrick Show this morning, the NFLPA player rep has emailed all the players and told them to get/stay in shape and to practice with teammates because a deal is right around the corner.

Yay!

With it looking like we will have football after all, let me throw the idea out there of a knockout pool for the NFL season. Here's what I'm thinking...

- Players buy in with 50 MFC tokens
- I'll hold the tokens in storage (with a screen cap posted here showing the final amount and if I do accidentally use any of those tokens, I will make sure the tokens are made up for)
- Players pick 1 team to win each week but once they pick that team, they can not use that team again (unless we carry this into the playoffs)
- You pick a team to win and they lose? You're eliminated.
- Though I might allow eliminated players to rebuy until week 3 or 4 ends due to the lack of info we will have coming into the season.
- Last player standing wins all the tokens (though if there's enough players, we could discuss giving smaller token awards to the top 3)
- I could also put up a Google spreadsheet for everyone to keep track of who's playing and who they've picked.

So what do you all think of the idea?

I want this lockout to end so I attend the training camps and get some autographs, also Mikey that idea sounds great and I'm willing to participate, the hard part is when to pick a weak team win and probably avoiding an upset.

bigsancho said:
Time to bump this thread since the NFL lockout is over and tomorrow will bring a lot players being cut due to the salary cap
I'm actually thinking about starting a Football 2011 thread and asking Amber to lock this one up. Other forums I've been on separate the seasons to keep things semi-organized and I feel more comfortable with that.

The Football 2011 post is the best place to carry on this conversation.

Locked!

Reactions: Mikeythegeek
Status
Not open for further replies.