AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently in my third hour of a "no show bb" cam session.

I have picked up 10 followers, 20 new tippers, and an understanding between myself and a new person who was utterly confused by my reactions to his attempts at interacting with me. It ain't all bad.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

I'm sure frail male egos are a huge part of the tipping culture on token based sites anyway. In my case I got my knickers in a twist (rightly or wrongly) about the way I felt I was treated by the new arrival. I was more than likely being overly sensitive. It was as much a surprise to me as anyone else as usually this stuff is like water off a duck's back with me and I'm always happy when she gets big tips.

Predictably, he seems to have vanished as quickly as he appeared which I'm led to believe is a bit of a standard operating model with these guys.

I'm a bit old school about common courtesy and decency. I'm fast learning that those kind of standards don't always apply in this context. I don't frequent the busier token based sites so this was my first real exposure to a whale.

I think it's a different experience for me. I go to MFC and I understand the atmosphere there is more social and models and users have fewer problems than with other sites. There are several rooms that I like, including Amber's.

I haven't had any problems with whales. The few that I've seen breach and splash.

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
I think it's a different experience for me. I go to MFC and I understand the atmosphere there is more social and models and users have fewer problems than with other sites. There are several rooms that I like, including Amber's.

I haven't had any problems with whales. The few that I've seen breach and splash.
It's a scale thing I think. My only experience with token sites is MV Live and the number of members in a room at any one time is a lot lower than maybe somewhere like MFC or Chaturbate. If there are only 3 or 4 of you in the room and one of them is a whale then there's less social glue to keep you hanging around.

it was more of a rhetorical question.

Models definitely have every incentive to roll with big tippers - he may leave at any time and if they start to cause cause trouble then that can be dealt with later
Interestingly, I just found out why the big spending guy disappeared. She was chatting with a long term regular - a totally lovely guy who visits fairly infrequently but tips her really well when he does - and the whale guy took exception to the fact that he was briefly not the centre of attention. Threw all of his toys out of the pram, left some unpleasant comments in the chat and hasn't been seen since.

Interestingly, I just found out why the big spending guy disappeared. She was chatting with a long term regular - a totally lovely guy who visits fairly infrequently but tips her really well when he does - and the whale guy took exception to the fact that he was briefly not the centre of attention. Threw all of his toys out of the pram, left some unpleasant comments in the chat and hasn't been seen since.
Yep. Usually their own dysfunction is the end of them, one way or the other

Reactions: inertvolcano
Yep. Usually their own dysfunction is the end of them, one way or the other
It's not the way I expected it to go to be honest. I thought he would just spend his way to getting attention and his eventual departure would be as a result of getting bored and moving on. Just goes to show that the ego and jealousy thing runs in both directions.

I'm starting to think that very few humans ever get bored and move on from anything... ever... lol
8 years in and still learning 🙏

It's a scale thing I think. My only experience with token sites is MV Live and the number of members in a room at any one time is a lot lower than maybe somewhere like MFC or Chaturbate. If there are only 3 or 4 of you in the room and one of them is a whale then there's less social glue to keep you hanging around.

That may well be, Speaking from my own experience, I've hung out in rooms with >100 ppl and rooms with <10 and I don't get treated much differentl after accounting for time constraints on her part. I've seen some monster tips in the large rooms, of course.

I wish MV Live had a better system so that models can see how many people are currently in the room (and who is in the room) without us having to constantly click the tab to see. Some members won’t say a word to me until I’ve greeted them first, and it’d be nice to know when they’re in my room. I shouldn’t have to keep clicking that tab. Lol.

Also…it’s interesting that even though I don’t even use OBS on MV Live (I use OBS on MyFreeCams), I look absolutely radiant on MV Live.

Reactions: blayze_noir
I wish MV Live had a better system so that models can see how many people are currently in the room (and who is in the room) without us having to constantly click the tab to see. Some members won’t say a word to me until I’ve greeted them first, and it’d be nice to know when they’re in my room. I shouldn’t have to keep clicking that tab. Lol.

Also…it’s interesting that even though I don’t even use OBS on MV Live (I use OBS on MyFreeCams), I look absolutely radiant on MV Live.
I quite like MV Live as a member but it has a few "quirks".
  • The tab thing is also annoying for a user. We want to see who is in the room too.
  • Sometimes the chat gets out of sequence. I can type something and it appears earlier in the chat than the thing I am responding to.
  • It seems to lack an identity. It obviously feels like a token driven site like CB or MFC but seems to have much lower volumes of traffic, which means there's a lot less activity and when someone dominates a room they REALLY dominate a room.
  • If you go full screen, you lose access to the chat panel. It would benefit everyone if the chat panel was like a transparent overlay over the full screen image.
All of those things said though, camera and sound quality seems more stable and more consistent than other sites and the model's cut is very good for most things.

Last edited:
alicia_uwu its rith now chaturbate # 1, her tipper rivalins give her in avg 100k tokens per stream, also i think he has the record for the highest single tip : 1.000.444

Stressed Episode 19 GIF by The Simpsons

I couldn't sleep a wink, waiting around for this breaking news on rivalins' tipping stats!

can we go back to big spenders topic ?

Sure. Are you going to beat rivalins' record?

I have most definitely done that - If just one person is contributing, and there are no other viewers who have also been big contributors recently. Sometimes the member has already PMd me at the time saying "if you're tired and just wanna go feel free, just didn't want you to not make your token goal" or some such. It really feels nice, and that we're being treated as human and not a performing robot. :)
I rest my case. It will get worse

I rest my case. It will get worse

In the context of what @AmberCutie was talking about, I guess you’re saying that if a model decides to only perform when compensated, something “will get worse.”

But what exactly will get worse? Attendance from guys who don’t tip (or tip peanuts)? I’m not so sure they’d be missed.

But also, don’t kid yourself. Freeloaders will never take their (non-existent) business elsewhere. Never underestimate the patience of a guy who’s hanging around trying to catch a free flash.

If you’re saying “it will get worse” meaning a freeloading viewer will see increasingly less exciting shows, well… boo-hoo.

If you’re saying it will “get worse” meaning models getting paid and not expected to contort themselves into pretzel knots in return, again, I’m not sure for whom that is a “worse” experience if not the freeloaders and cheapskates. If the option was there for you to buy a more explicit show and you chose not to pay for it, you made it “worse,” not anyone else.

And if you meant something other than the things I described above, you may need to elaborate.

In the context of what @AmberCutie was talking about, I guess you’re saying that if a model decides to only perform when compensated, something “will get worse.”

But what exactly will get worse? Attendance from guys who don’t tip (or tip peanuts)? I’m not so sure they’d be missed.

But also, don’t kid yourself. Freeloaders will never take their (non-existent) business elsewhere. Never underestimate the patience of a guy who’s hanging around trying to catch a free flash.

If you’re saying “it will get worse” meaning a freeloading viewer will see increasingly less exciting shows, well… boo-hoo.

If you’re saying it will “get worse” meaning models getting paid and not expected to contort themselves into pretzel knots in return, again, I’m not sure for whom that is a “worse” experience if not the freeloaders and cheapskates. If the option was there for you to buy a more explicit show and you chose not to pay for it, you made it “worse,” not anyone else.

And if you meant something other than the things I described above, you may need to elaborate.
I had this very conversation last night with a guy on Chaturbate. He wants my attention, he knows I know he has the tokens to KEEP my attention but then just randomly goes and tips 1000 tokens and tells the room they need to finish the goal.

I got angry. Really, really angry and laid into him so hard. The other people in the room were long term fan club members, regular tippers AND the guy who selflessly upgrades my app every time I get a wild hair up my ass to change it.

I was like nope. You finish it. You've been here for days on end now, often the first person to come in when I get on, finish the goal. And guess what? He did.

People can be taught.

Interesting this. I also think it's nice to know who's in the room to greet people — especially regulars. But, I've read advice on a bunch of threads that for sanity sake make sure you turn off room entry notifications. I can understand if you are a model that gets hundreds or more visitors. For someone like me that has tens of visitors, rarely breaking 100, it's nice to see when your regulars are coming and going.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I had this very conversation last night with a guy on Chaturbate. He wants my attention, he knows I know he has the tokens to KEEP my attention but then just randomly goes and tips 1000 tokens and tells the room they need to finish the goal.

I got angry. Really, really angry and laid into him so hard. The other people in the room were long term fan club members, regular tippers AND the guy who selflessly upgrades my app every time I get a wild hair up my ass to change it.

I was like nope. You finish it. You've been here for days on end now, often the first person to come in when I get on, finish the goal. And guess what? He did.

People can be taught.
I am on the edge of this meltdown with 2 regulars — a dark blue and dark purple. They are spending money somewhere but not with me. To maintain these colors you have to have tipped x amount in the past 2 weeks. These 2 guys that visit me almost every show PM me their fantasies and try to direct me but never tip. I try to be subtle and tease them into tipping, but now I'm at the point of laying into them to tip or GTFO and banning them. As someone that's worked retail a lot, it's hard to do that.

Reactions: rockin_rod

Nailed it! I really, really like you. :)

Reactions: Smoothie
Interesting this. I also think it's nice to know who's in the room to greet people — especially regulars. But, I've read advice on a bunch of threads that for sanity sake make sure you turn off room entry notifications. I can understand if you are a model that gets hundreds or more visitors. For someone like me that has tens of visitors, rarely breaking 100, it's nice to see when your regulars are coming and going.

It also makes me wonder if MVLive members assume that us models are ignoring them.

I know that some members won't say a word to the model until she's said hi first (Some members of this forum have also said that they want models to greet them first). So this is another reason that it'd be cool if MLive had a better system. I'd made the suggestion to MV a long time ago, and I imagine that other models have too. On other sites we get enjoyment from seeing familiar names enter the room. Think of the show Cheers when Norm Peterson enters the bar, and everyone shouts "NORM!" in unison.

norm GIF

*I'm actually watching the final episode of Cheers right now on Peacock as I type this...

It also makes me wonder if MVLive members assume that us models are ignoring them.

I know that some members won't say a word to the model until she's said hi first (Some members of this forum have also said that they want models to greet them first). So this is another reason that it'd be cool if MLive had a better system. I'd made the suggestion to MV a long time ago, and I imagine that other models have too. On other sites we get enjoyment from seeing familiar names enter the room. Think of the show Cheers when Norm Peterson enters the bar, and everyone shouts "NORM!" in unison.

norm GIF

*I'm actually watching the final episode of Cheers right now on Peacock as I type this...
I took a survey of users and they all said they'd rather say hi to me first. They want to "lurk" and "read the room" first.

The longer we're in this industry the more I understand the problems in the world are caused by men. They say we're complicated. LMAO "NO bb, angle your ass this way and then lick my wallet and call me daddy and fuckin move your hips then smile and bat your eyes and ohhhhh yeah that's itttttt I'm cominggggggg," isn't coming from a single broadcaster, just the guys.

• Funny!
Reactions: Lilly_____
I took a survey of users and they all said they'd rather say hi to me first. They want to "lurk" and "read the room" first.

The longer we're in this industry the more I understand the problems in the world are caused by men. They say we're complicated. LMAO "NO bb, angle your ass this way and then lick my wallet and call me daddy and fuckin move your hips then smile and bat your eyes and ohhhhh yeah that's itttttt I'm cominggggggg," isn't coming from a single broadcaster, just the guys.
We are predictable, aren't we? I can be a pig too, I admit. But I really do care about my model friend, and truly appreciate her.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." - Oscar Wilde.

Reactions: Vixxen81

You just summarised men lol!

I also never say hi to them, used to do it as a beginner but then started only replying to the ones that say hi and it works best for me

Reactions: Vixxen81
Status
Not open for further replies.