AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Things models say that make you go "WTF?"

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SophieMei said:
OMG, it was totally Tumblr's fault! It switched the answer and put in a different question! This was the worse possible answer to switch up. The original question was "If you could be half-(wo)man half-sausage, which way around would you have it and why?" and pretty WTF to begin with.

I still think that is the kind of answer anons deserve. I also still :h: your Tumblr.

Just me or does it seem like a bad idea (assuming you want to make money) to show off your new audi?
TECoW.jpg

Not necessarily... regardless of if a model has new $$ toys/cars/etc in her life, she still entertains people and is deserving of tips if she's putting on a cute/sexy/fun show.

Of course she'll get the people saying "you guys tipping her are stupid, she has so much money she can afford a new Audi" but those are the guys who were unlikely to tip her in the first place.

So, sure she'll get some extra shit-talk about her, but I dunno if it'll result in less tokens in the end.

NOW.... if in a month she's playing some sort of pity card that she can't afford her electric bill or can't put food on the table, then YEAH that's terribad.

AmberCutie said:
Not necessarily... regardless of if a model has new $$ toys/cars/etc in her life, she still entertains people and is deserving of tips if she's putting on a cute/sexy/fun show.

Of course she'll get the people saying "you guys tipping her are stupid, she has so much money she can afford a new Audi" but those are the guys who were unlikely to tip her in the first place.

So, sure she'll get some extra shit-talk about her, but I dunno if it'll result in less tokens in the end.

NOW.... if in a month she's playing some sort of pity card that she can't afford her electric bill or can't put food on the table, then YEAH that's terribad.
I agree, and she might not even have bought it with camming money etc...but I still think it's a bad tactic and quite likely to lose her some tokens - even if not maliciously, members might simply see she's doing well and be less generous than they otherwise would have been. Others would certainly go out of their way to tip someone who "needs it more".
I agree it shouldn't matter, but like everything, it will have an effect.

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:

I agree, and she might not even have bought it with camming money etc...but I still think it's a bad tactic and quite likely to lose her some tokens - even if not maliciously, members might simply see she's doing well and be less generous than they otherwise would have been. Others would certainly go out of their way to tip someone who "needs it more".
I think the effects tend to even out. There is a large segment of the "modest means" populace that worships the wealthy and even royalty.

Jupiter551 said:

Guys are more likely to tip a model who looks like she's doing well. I don't know why, but if the model looks like she lives in an apartment/trailer/dorm room, she'll get less than if it looks like she's in a house. If she shows off a shitty car, she'll get less than if she shows off a nice one. If she wears clothes that are older, she'll get less than when wearing new clothes (unless she's doing a special cleaning clothes).

Guys don't want to feel like they're paying the model's bills. They want to feel like they're giving her extra money for something special for herself. They'd rather think their money will go towards jewelery or sex toys than know it goes to rent and electricity.

AmberCutie said:

Exactly. As long as a model puts on a great show - it shouldn't matter. Take Aspen as an example, she's very open about owning amazing cars but continues to stay in the Top 20 every month because she puts on one helluva show! "Car: 2011 Shelby GT 500 and an F-150 (both black)"

AedanRayne said:
AmberCutie said:

Exactly. As long as a model puts on a great show - it shouldn't matter. Take Aspen as an example, she's very open about owning amazing cars but continues to stay in the Top 20 every month because she puts on one helluva show! "Car: 2011 Shelby GT 500 and an F-150 (both black)"
Yeah I was actually going to use her as an example. It's clear she lives very well, but that doesn't dissuade anyone from tipping/enjoying her shows!

Reactions: AedanRayne
AmberCutie said:
Yeah I was actually going to use her as an example. It's clear she lives very well, but that doesn't dissuade anyone from tipping/enjoying her shows!
Yeah maybe, or maybe she just gets enough who do tip to compensate? I dunno.

I saw this on another site. Sorry UK dudes, she only speaks American...oh wait when I hover over the American flag it says 'English' :think:
F66LT.jpg

Jupiter551 said:
AmberCutie said:
Yeah maybe, or maybe she just gets enough who do tip to compensate? I dunno.

I saw this on another site. Sorry UK dudes, she only speaks American...oh wait when I hover over the American flag it says 'English' :think:
F66LT.jpg

We have more English speaking people than any other country in the world.

wWwat.png

Shaun__ said:
Do I really have to explain the absurdity of putting an AMERICAN flag for the ENGLISH language?

Reactions: JimsX
Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:
Do I really have to explain the absurdity of putting an AMERICAN flag for the ENGLISH language?

I would use a Brazilian flag for Portuguese, so I do not see the problem. The flag should represent where the language is spoken the most I think. Not a tiny island or country that used to be important.

Reactions: Evvie
Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:

I would use a Brazilian flag for Portuguese, so I do not see the problem. The flag should represent where the language is spoken the most I think. Not a tiny island or country that used to be important.
so Britain is no longer important?

I think it's reasonable to respect the place where a language, not to mention a predominant (eg white american) culture, originated. I'm not English, but I wouldn't even dream of such arrogance as to claim another country is unimportant and therefore has no cultural ownership.

Thankfully, not everyone shares your views - though some that do are loudmouths - because if they did I think Australia, NZ and the UK would have been poorly repaid for the soldiers lives we lost in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Korea when standing up for your economic interests ideals.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
Shaun__ said:

O.O *falls off chair*

Jupiter551 said:

I think it's reasonable to respect the place where a language, not to mention a predominant (eg white american) culture, originated. I'm not English, but I wouldn't even dream of such arrogance as to claim another country is unimportant and therefore has no cultural ownership.

Thankfully, not everyone shares your views - though some that do are loudmouths - because if they did I think Australia, NZ and the UK would have been poorly repaid for the soldiers lives we lost in Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Korea when standing up for your economic interests ideals.

You seem to live in the past. I have seen several countries flags used to represent English, and never cared which one it was. You seem shocked that the largest English speaking population in the world would be picked by a website. All England seems to do now is kiss my Government's ass for some reason, but I never said they were unimportant. London has a huge influence on the world's financial markets. Please do not put worlds in my mouth.

Speaking of ass kissing Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Korea wars were not for my economic interest. They were for the economic interest of the military industrial complex, and they never send me any checks. I still do not understand why other countries keep sending troops to our pointless almost wars.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Can we please not make this thread a dick fight about language? It's supposed to be about things models say that make you go wtf. The model did not choose which flag the country represents, and last time I checked, there's no language barrier between the UK and the USA. Just a few misunderstanding by the occasional difference in words (the other day, I learned that people in the UK use "fit" to describe "cute", which I didn't know before. Learning is fun!)

**I don't see how it's a dick fight, nor was I blaming 'Americans' for it, I thought it was mildly amusing when I saw it. I am, however, gobsmacked by the reaction to it.

I just can't believe the colossal arrogance of essentially saying 'it should have our flag cos there's more of us' even though the English language is tied up with the very substance of the history and nation of England. Next you'll be saying it should be named 'American' because there's more of you. Well until India catches up, then it'll be Indian, right?

Oh and btw there's more spanish speaking people in Mexico than Spain, so maybe that should be labelled with a Mexican flag. Also, for the language we currently call 'French' there should be the flag of the Republic of Congo.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
LadyLuna said:
Can we please not make this thread a dick fight about language? It's supposed to be about things models say that make you go wtf.)

Reading this little argument made me think "Hmm, they chose the right section for all of this madness. 'Things that models say that make you go "WTF?"'"

Reactions: bob
BabyGirlRed said:
LadyLuna said:
Can we please not make this thread a dick fight about language? It's supposed to be about things models say that make you go wtf.)

Reading this little argument made me think "Hmm, they chose the right section for all of this madness. 'Things that models say that make you go "WTF?"'"

See what I did there? That there was a joke. See, you are all models, and you where saying things that made me go "WTF?"

...let's be happy. We are all sexy. Screw labels of every kind. Go f*ck yourselves because you deserve to f*ck someone beautiful, and you are beautiful. (~_^)

...ya'll make me go "WTF?"

Reactions: LittleAmberSweet
Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:
Shaun__ said:

Woah there. Let's not be poo-poo-ing on the British, yeah? We may be a comparatively small island but we pretty much ran the world for a while, we spawned the English language, we gave you the Beatles, and we still have Nectar points and Ribena :?

It was a topic I saw : Having A Rough Week (relating to tokens on MFC) it was only Tuesday and she was not logged in on Monday even though she makes on average 15,000 tokens a day from what Ive seen in previous weeks.

Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:

You seem to live in the past. I have seen several countries flags used to represent English, and never cared which one it was. You seem shocked that the largest English speaking population in the world would be picked by a website. All England seems to do now is kiss my Government's ass for some reason, but I never said they were unimportant. London has a huge influence on the world's financial markets. Please do not put worlds in my mouth.

Speaking of ass kissing Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam and Korea wars were not for my economic interest. They were for the economic interest of the military industrial complex, and they never send me any checks. I still do not understand why other countries keep sending troops to our pointless almost wars.

Actually, you did say they were not important.

Shaun__ said:

You might use the Brazilian flag but I think you are more intelligent than the average person. I would bet the vast majority of people do not know that Portuguese is the language spoken in Brazil. If they even have a clue where Brazil is they might say Spanish.

I have a math degree, and I suck at geography. What country speaks which language is actually part of geography.

I believe Brazil is in South America and I thought they had their own language derived from Spanish. Then again, I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that Brazilians speak Portuguese...

LadyLuna said:
I have a math degree, and I suck at geography. What country speaks which language is actually part of geography.

I believe Brazil is in South America and I thought they had their own language derived from Spanish. Then again, I vaguely remember hearing somewhere that Brazilians speak Portuguese...
Yeah, in fact for a short time in history, Brazil WAS Portugal in a sense. When the Spanish took over European Portugal, the Portuguese Royal family moved to Brazil, and set up housekeeping, reigning, ruling and all that stuff. :)

Just Me said:
Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:

Actually, you did say they were not important.

Shaun__ said:

You might use the Brazilian flag but I think you are more intelligent than the average person. I would bet the vast majority of people do not know that Portuguese is the language spoken in Brazil. If they even have a clue where Brazil is they might say Spanish.

I said they were a tiny island, the unimportant was directed at Portugal which used to be a navel super power. Also if they spoke Portuguese they would probably know Brazilians also spoke it. It is not a big secret.

zw1h9.png

The breathtaking arrogance in this thread recently is something to behold :lol:

Reactions: Jupiter551
sweetiebatman said:
The breathtaking arrogance in this thread recently is something to behold :lol:

I know, some English majors think the world should bow to their whims. Also did you know we actually use the Mexican flag for Spanish in this country? It is almost like we cater to the largest group of people instead of etymology buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.