AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

This is my first week on CB and I think I'm doing something wrong...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nekogasuki

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 13, 2017
Twitter Username
@arrakisspice
Streamate Username
arrakis.spice
Hi everyone! Sorry, this is going to be kind of a long post, but I want to give details so anybody who wants to offer advice can give it better informed. Thank you so much in advance for your time and consideration!

I just started streaming on CB yesterday. I have some previous experience on SM and managed to make pretty decent money without doing much research first, but I feel better suited to public shows because they're more about talking/teasing/keeping the room flow going and I did a lot of research before my first time going live. Yesterday, the most people I had in my room at any time was 20, but I managed to make 620 tokens in 4hrs. I stopped about an hour in and changed my goals by lowering the token amounts and added in the dice game with a 15tk buy-in. Based on what I've been reading here, that doesn't seem like much, but I wasn't bothered. Today I logged in and made 1 token in my first hour and the most people I had in my room at any given time was 10. Today and yesterday, even with such low numbers, most of the users in my room have been grays. Halfway through my first hour today, someone PMed me advice about not giving freebies to a begging gray (I already knew and was politely reminding the gray user that I had what he was asking for on my tip menu), so I asked the person who was offering advice why he thought my traffic was low. He suggested at least starting topless for my first week. I thanked him and skipped my first goal (Topless at 100tk), did a brief tease, and moved onto my next goal of panties off at 100tk. Basically nothing happened for the next half hour. About three people came and left, probably because they were bored and uninterested in the lack of activity.

I have good lighting (two lights behind my cam on either side and one soft light in the background), a pretty good camera and am streaming in HD (Logitech HD Pro C920), I'm conventionally attractive (not stunning, but passably pretty), and am bubbly and positive. My download speed tests at 24.7Mbps and my upload speed tests at 2.46Mbps. For both shows, I ran bots posting room rules, my tip menu, and UltraBot Ultra to automatically post certain reminders (follow on Twitter, thumbs up, etc), and the app for multi-tip goals.

My questions are, regardless of what I'm doing wrong, doesn't a peak of 20 users in my room on a Saturday night with a new model tag seem pretty low? Is there potentially something wrong with my computer? I've read on here to try logging in and out a few times, which I did to no avail. Also, am I maybe doing something wrong in my show? Last night, even though I didn't make many tokens, I had a lot of fun with my users and was excited and feeling good about how things were going. I know the first goal is to build community, but I don't know how to build a community if nobody comes into my room in the first place.

I'm feeling kind of bad because I was pumped to work hard my first week and make the best of my new model tag and I feel like it's running out without me getting a chance. I'm not easily discouraged so I'm going to stick it out either way until I have a good reason not too, but does it sound like I'm doing something wrong or something's technically wrong? Should I start my shows naked and work towards more enticing goals? If that's the case, does anyone have ideas on what those goals should me? My planned "big goals" have been POV BJ and cumshow with toy, intermediate goal of oil show, and smalls goals of removing clothing items. I made it to the oil show last night and everyone seemed to be really pleased with it; I even got a few encouraging emails to my work account. Other than the goals, I've had the dice game and I have a random chance draw on my tip menu that people thought was fun to keep the room moving. My big issue - as far as I can tell - is that nobody's coming into my room to hang out. Nobody's complained about my token goals or anything I've done; I've only gotten positive feedback so far.

Again, sorry for the super long post. I really appreciate any advice. I respond well to constructive criticism, so please don't hold back!

hey, I am glad to see you are reading the forum for helpful hints. I wish you or any model asking for advice on her
"camera presence " would leave a link to her room. or profile. Then maybe a schedule .

This is ofc, is .. if you are wanting a critique of your work by trained goofballs.

anyway good luck.

and sorry if i missed your cam link.. as i just speed read through most novels ))) :wink

Be patient, be playful and stay positive. I talk about EVERYTHING in my room. (I'm on Chaturbate, as OrchidAxiom) I'm not afraid to be goofy and make puns etc. if you have twitter, add me and I'll give you a shout out on my page :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: nekogasuki
Oops, sorry for not leaving a link! https://chaturbate.com/p/arrakisspice/ There's my room. I don't have a solid schedule nailed down yet because my work schedule is changing, but I'll definitely be on from 11PM-1AM eastern standard for the rest of the week, starting earlier most days and staying later the ones I don't.
https://twitter.com/arrakisspice That's my Twitter. I suppose that's another question. Should I bother posting on Twitter if I only have one follower so far? It feels kind of silly to Tweet to one person...
Thank you so much cbook100 and AlyssaMuze! I really appreciate your time and thought. Tonight went a little better. In the first two hours, I had almost 30 people in my room at one point. I'm confident it will turn around!

Reactions: AlyssaMuze
Oops, sorry for not leaving a link! https://chaturbate.com/p/arrakisspice/ There's my room. I don't have a solid schedule nailed down yet because my work schedule is changing, but I'll definitely be on from 11PM-1AM eastern standard for the rest of the week, starting earlier most days and staying later the ones I don't.
https://twitter.com/arrakisspice That's my Twitter. I suppose that's another question. Should I bother posting on Twitter if I only have one follower so far? It feels kind of silly to Tweet to one person...
Thank you so much cbook100 and AlyssaMuze! I really appreciate your time and thought. Tonight went a little better. In the first two hours, I had almost 30 people in my room at one point. I'm confident it will turn around!

Twitter followers come after activity. If you don't post why would anybody follow you? They would assume it's some fake account. Anyway regardless of followers, having a place to post when you're online is a good idea, even if it's just for you. It feels more official and helps you develop and solidify your persona more.

I followed you on CB and gave you a shout out on Twitter! Stick with it, January has been a ROUGH month for almost every model I know on CB. Just have fun with it and it will get better :)

Did you create and age verify your account more than a week before you first went online? If so, it will be very, very hard for you. At cb the "new girl" label brings attention but it's gone one week after age verification regardless if you broadcasted or not. If you started too late and without that label, you basically start on the last page of cb and that is really rough. Being topless is not good advice at all. You can masturbate naked on the last page of cb and still no one notices.

Did you create and age verify your account more than a week before you first went online? If so, it will be very, very hard for you. At cb the "new girl" label brings attention but it's gone one week after age verification regardless if you broadcasted or not. If you started too late and without that label, you basically start on the last page of cb and that is really rough. Being topless is not good advice at all. You can masturbate naked on the last page of cb and still no one notices.
This is very true! Make sure you utilize your hashtags too!

• Helpful!
I logged on less than 24 hours after I was age verified. That's why I'm wondering if my new model tag glitched out or something. I've been on every night and there have been less than two pages of "new" models and most of their rooms don't have a very clear stream, are laggy, have bad lighting, and/or various other new model mistakes and the majority of them are getting much more traffic than I am.
Thank you for the Twitter advice, Luxy Reid! I'm new to social media and don't have a firm understanding of how people use it yet.

Reactions: AlyssaMuze
Well, going topless for free was one mistake. If people think you're going to do things for free, why tip you? You didn't give a freebie to the grey but you certainly did to the guy who pm'd you.

• Helpful!
There were only 9 people in the room, so - even though they all got a freebie - I figured it probably wouldn't change the tone or expectations for my shows overall and I wanted to see if it would bring more people in. It didn't! Lesson learned!

Reactions: oXBlackRoseXo
There were only 9 people in the room, so - even though they all got a freebie - I figured it probably wouldn't change the tone or expectations for my shows overall and I wanted to see if it would bring more people in. It didn't! Lesson learned!
I've done that, I have the dice too (also at 15) and it's pretty instant that if I flash or play with the boobs people show up, but they rarely tip and they leave as soon as nothing is showing. I get told to show more all the time because CB has so many who just wait around naked I guess lol.

I kind of want to bring up your name.

Your links lead me to believe your name is Arra but then your CB says Lexi and your twitter says Alexis. I think when you're starting off continuity in name and branding is important. It makes you seem consistent and real and makes it easier to talk and find you. While your links are both the same which is great I would suggest making your names also match. This won't get you traffic just a thought.

Also regarding twitter i agree with luxy times a billion. Tweet your schedule and links. But I also recommend following active camgirls. Twitter will then start recommending you as someone to follow to similar folks - camgirls.

Also. Also. You mention having fun but making no tokens. Fun is great. Chatting is great. But no tokens is not. Are you verbally reminding them to tip? Those users sitting in your room being entertained by you and having fun with you who aren't tipping are taking advantage of you. You are giving them a service for free. I'm not suggesting only talk about tokens, but make sure you're letting them know this is your job. No, you won't ruin the fantasy or community. Members know by going on these sites these are girls entertaining at a price.

I would suggest adding a tip menu to your profile. You may have one but it may not have loaded BC I'm on mobile? The menu gives people an idea of what they can ask for now like say "40 tokens for flash or 60 spank dance a billion w/e

Are out laying while camming as you are in that pic on twitter? It's a lovely pic but you defs aren't looking into the camera. If you aren't looking in I would suggest doing that. Also standing and dancing or jumping around or whatever rather than sitting. I always noticed a spike in folks in my room when I was standing.
Do not give anything away for free. It will not get you the members you will later value.

Also. Try different sites. I know everyone rags on mfc as a starter site but I did amazing there as a starter site. When I tried other places I bombed. Every site has its own culture so don't be afraid to experiment.

Also obligatory grouchy old camgirl mention: No matter how pretty and entertaining a camgirl may be, not everyone reaches the level of success they want or deserve. Not everyone can or will succeed at this so if it doesn't work, have a back up plan. Do your own cam girl research and in doing that you will develop skills. A very successful set of skills. Skills that may help you succeed. But also. Luck.

Oh, best line to run people off? "Sure hun, I'll do that... if you roll it on the dice ;)" they act like I'm there for free lol. Someone got all upset because I had a dress on, corset and thigh highs/garter belt under, and my first goal was 300 to take the dress off and they act like it's SOOOO much. I pointed out to them that was only $15 for me and since end goal was to do whole thing in the room (I gave it a shot, didn't work for me so I went back to dice) that wasn't much at all, and I got an apology followed by a ghost room lol

Thank you for all of your suggestions, Serenity! Good point about the discontinuity between Lexi and Alexis. I'll reconcile that. My screen name is a reference to Dune. Arrakis is a planet where a drug that prolongs life - colloquially referred to Spice - is produced. It was a super popular series in the 80's. Great idea to follow other models on Twitter! I'll do that. I'm running a tip menu bot, but you're right about me needing to add it to my bio. I don't cam lying down, that was just for the picture. I sit on my knees in front of the couch so I can move around, dance to the music, and easily change poses. My end goal is to move to MFC, but a lot of what I've read has suggested getting practice on a different site first because of the camscore. I do plan on going there, but I want to generate some media and nail my shows down first.
Thaaank you all so much, ladies! Your advice is super helpful and appreciated!

Oh yeah, as for reminding people to tip, I'm not sure how to ask for it without sounding some type of way. I run reminders about tip goals and my tip menu and there have been people in my room who've posted GIFs reminding to tip. How important is it to remind people verbally beyond the chat reminders?

Oh yeah, as for reminding people to tip, I'm not sure how to ask for it without sounding some type of way. I run reminders about tip goals and my tip menu and there have been people in my room who've posted GIFs reminding to tip. How important is it to remind people verbally beyond the chat reminders?

It can help, though I rarely see it work immediately. I usually talk about it in terms of getting to the next mini-goal. As for getting more people in your room on Chaturbate, try changing your camera angle/position every 10-20 minutes. Your thumbnail changes every 10 minutes. Start seated with your whole body in the frame, then stand up, then reposition so your butt is being highlighted. Having a rough Saturday night isn't unusual because the there are usually more top earners online on weekends. You can also try logging on at different times.

Also relevant to bear in mind if you're ever doubting yourself (this currently hangs above my makeup table):

fear_is_the_mindkiller.jpg

It can help, though I rarely see it work immediately. I usually talk about it in terms of getting to the next mini-goal. As for getting more people in your room on Chaturbate, try changing your camera angle/position every 10-20 minutes. Your thumbnail changes every 10 minutes. Start seated with your whole body in the frame, then stand up, then reposition so your butt is being highlighted. Having a rough Saturday night isn't unusual because the there are usually more top earners online on weekends. You can also try logging on at different times.

Also relevant to bear in mind if you're ever doubting yourself (this currently hangs above my makeup table):

fear_is_the_mindkiller.jpg

So much yes to your makeup table sign! Thanks for the advice about changing poses :)

I'll say this, I interact with greys too. I've gotten amazon cards from them because of it too. Everyone starts as a grey.
Now, mining the rock this way won't pan out for everyone, you've gotta learn to read them but it has worked for me.
I have one guy that has tokens, he's purple, I've seen him tip and interact in another models room but he has yet to even say hi when he comes in my room. He stays most of my show and has never tipped. And yet I always say hi to him and joke hat one day he will talk to me. I've made it into a game lol.

It is easier to get people into your room if you have people in your room (if that makes sense) so it's slow getting the ball rolling but once it's going then it can take off quick. I started at the end of October and now I can hold 60-100 in my room at a time and I just hit 5k followers.

Hang in there :)

Neko, since ur new to CB but not to camming in general and you're doing the same thing I am in theory (waiting to go to MFC until u feel confident) mind if I ask you how you how you know when your "show" will be ready? I am still struggling with reconciling my idea of "show" (planned, kind of like staged and scripted to a point) to what I actually do on CB which is basically hang out and bullshit until someone takes me private. That's the biggest place I feel like I'm doing it wrong but I haven't figured out what the real goal for a show and being "ready" is lol.

I have a few grays that are regulars in my room, and honestly there are days I'm thankful for them even if they never tip me lol. I don't know if I read it here or on a different advice page, but I remember reading "you aren't talking for the people talking back" as a line that stood out to me. Because they said many people who take them private showed up but never talk in the room. Some of the regular gray members I have are people who talk to me, which gives me interaction and an excuse to show my personality a bit without sitting there talking to myself wondering what to do next, and that is worth quite a bit on its own for me.

Arrakis is a planet where a drug that prolongs life

At one time I was SerenAtreides so I am LOLing bc why we not friends LOOL. So here's another Suggestion, make it so your capitalization shows it's Arrakis and not a misspelling of kiss. I read it as Arra Kiss Spice Looool Maybe even add a "_" or a space or something.

But seriously. USE DUNE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. When young people understand dork references that are fairly obscure people like it. Theme your profile around dune. Like the sleeper has awakened BB. The sleeper has awakened. People will go into your room literally just because you made a reference in your name to their fave books/movie. It gives a topic of conversation. You automatically get ten points. I never noticed people were turned off by whatever my theme in the moment was. Like make coolio dune graphics for your profile and dune pun.

Also remind them verbally. I don't know why you dont want to sound some type of way? Like this is your job? because boo, it is. Dudes posting to tip I feel like are trying to feel useful without doing anything helpful. Show you care about tipping by verbally reminding. Like "As much as I love chilling with you guys I can only stay while tipping is happening, and I really want to stay this is my job!" "Hey right now you can tip xyz for a flash" "I can't wait until we get to our first goal- xyz to go!" Take charge. this is the success of your jjob, its not the success of the members. I feel like when you let people get accustomed to not tipping they will take advantage, even if they don't mean to. I would suggest checking out MO here.

I have a few grays that are regulars in my room, and honestly there are days I'm thankful for them even if they never tip me lol. I don't know if I read it here or on a different advice page, but I remember reading "you aren't talking for the people talking back" as a line that stood out to me. Because they said many people who take them private showed up but never talk in the room. Some of the regular gray members I have are people who talk to me, which gives me interaction and an excuse to show my personality a bit without sitting there talking to myself wondering what to do next, and that is worth quite a bit on its own for me.

I'm actually basically new to camming in general. The little bit of experience I had on Streamate was a few years ago, but I had a boyfriend at the time who changed his mind about being okay with me camming a few weeks into it, so I stopped. I finally broke up with that nonsense and decided I wanted to try for public shows rather than privates because I'm more easy going in a crowd rather than entertaining individuals. I'll say first that - if you're waiting around for people to take you private - you'd probably be better off on a site like Streamate. To my understanding, people go to site like MFC and CB mostly for public shows where they're looking to be entertained and find a sense of community along with everything else. I did a mother load of research before starting this time because I think the public shows require more knowledge, like which bots and apps to use on CB, tips and tricks for keeping people engaged and the show moving, offering incentives and rewards (gambling seems to be pretty popular), and etc. I think I'll be ready to move to MFC when I have some videos and photo sets under my belt and I'm confident in my ability to keep people engaged and not get lost in a potentially very busy chatroom while I am entertaining.

Last edited:
At one time I was SerenAtreides so I am LOLing bc why we not friends LOOL. So here's another Suggestion, make it so your capitalization shows it's Arrakis and not a misspelling of kiss. I read it as Arra Kiss Spice Looool Maybe even add a "_" or a space or something.

But seriously. USE DUNE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. When young people understand dork references that are fairly obscure people like it. Theme your profile around dune. Like the sleeper has awakened BB. The sleeper has awakened. People will go into your room literally just because you made a reference in your name to their fave books/movie. It gives a topic of conversation. You automatically get ten points. I never noticed people were turned off by whatever my theme in the moment was. Like make coolio dune graphics for your profile and dune pun.

Also remind them verbally. I don't know why you dont want to sound some type of way? Like this is your job? because boo, it is. Dudes posting to tip I feel like are trying to feel useful without doing anything helpful. Show you care about tipping by verbally reminding. Like "As much as I love chilling with you guys I can only stay while tipping is happening, and I really want to stay this is my job!" "Hey right now you can tip xyz for a flash" "I can't wait until we get to our first goal- xyz to go!" Take charge. this is the success of your jjob, its not the success of the members. I feel like when you let people get accustomed to not tipping they will take advantage, even if they don't mean to. I would suggest checking out MO here.

YES, I'm loving that there are other people into Dune here! My plan is for sure to incorporate it into my bio. I'm kind of struggling with HTML right now because I don't have previous experience with it, so I'm going to wait to deal with it until my new model tag is up. I'm not sure why my screen name isn't coming up capitalized. I have it set as ArrakisSpice. I'll try adding in a _. I was avoiding punctuation because I thought it might make my name harder to remember, but if an Atreides didn't recognize the reference, I obviously need to do something about it ;)

I'm actually basically new to camming in general. The little bit of experience I had on Streamate was a few years ago, but I had a boyfriend at the time who changed his mind about being okay with me camming a few weeks into it, so I stopped. I finally broke up with that nonsense and decided I wanted to try for public shows rather than privates because I'm more easy going in a crowd rather than entertaining individuals. I'll say first that - if you're waiting around for people to take you private - you'd probably be better off on a site like Streamate. To my understanding, people go to site like MFC and CB mostly for public shows where they're looking to be entertained and find a sense of community along with everything else. I did a mother load of research before starting this time because I think the public shows require more knowledge, like which bots and apps to use on CB, tips and tricks for keeping people engaged and the show moving, offering incentives and rewards (gambling seems to be pretty popular), and etc. I think I'll be ready to move to MFC when I have some videos and photo sets under my belt and I'm confident in my ability to keep people engaged and not get lost in a potentially very busy chatroom while I am entertaining.
See I tried to do goals so I was doing everything in public and they never take off plus I've found people tend to take me private for special things, like role play etc, and that tends to be where I make my money. I wanted to stay in the room but we have never really hit a goal where I can stay, but people take me private at least once or twice a night.

See I tried to do goals so I was doing everything in public and they never take off plus I've found people tend to take me private for special things, like role play etc, and that tends to be where I make my money. I wanted to stay in the room but we have never really hit a goal where I can stay, but people take me private at least once or twice a night.

I'm having a similar experience where I'm not hitting many goals, but personally I'm not doing privates because I'm trying to lay a solid foundation and build up followers. When people ask for them, I offer to schedule them outside of my public shows. I have a day job so I can afford the luxury of turning down tokens and I realize a lot of models aren't in my situation, so it makes sense to do what works for you! Have you tried Streamate, though? I'm waiting for them to approve my account right now and I'm going to cam on both sites to maximize my potential earnings/followers and so I have somewhere else to go in the case of a particularly slow night. If privates seem to be working for you, it might be worth checking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.