AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tinnitus

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teagz

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 10, 2010
Florida
Basically, Tinnitus is a ringing, swishing, or other type of noise that seems to originate in the ear or head.
It can be caused by many different things. Something as simple as built-up earwax to a busted eardrum.
The past 2 1/2 - 3 days, I've been suffering from this and it's been annoying me, but today I'm losing it.
It's driving me completely crazy and I can't stand it. I'm worried because people say it can be chronic.
I'm about to go to Walgreens and get some stuff to pretty much irrigate my ear canal.
If that doesn't relieve some of this annoyance and ringing, I'm going to a doctor.
Has anyone else ever had a problem with Tinnitus, and if so, how did you remedy it, or do you still have it?
:)

I am partly deaf in my left ear, but get a high pitches "EEEeeeeeeee" about once a week that can last a couple mins to a few days. It will never go away, got it from severe ear infections when I was a kid. I also get the crackles in my right ear on occasion for the same reason. I just deal with it. The docs told me when I was like 15 that they wanted to put tubes in my ears, but my cousin had it done and has to have a lot of maintenance and it still didn't fix anything.

I used to get a ton of ear infections as a baby, and I had tubes, too.
This was just so random and it's driving me crazy.
It keeps sounding like I'm having a hearing test done in my right ear.
I feel like I should lift my hand every time I hear the eeeeeeee.
It's so agitating :( Especially because I've never been able to drown noise out or ignore a noise. :mad:

I had a ton of ear infections when I was a kid too and it seems like barely a day goes by where I don't get the high pitched whining sound, luckily it only seems to last a minute or so.

I have had that problem for as long as I can remember, I have been putting up with it and the doc has told me that there is a surgery I can go through but there is a risk of damaging my timpanic membrane where it is attached to the bones of the inner ear, so yeah, I am not in a big hurry to go and have that done. there are times I don't have that constant ringing or the whistling, I have compared it to the cicada's noise. you learn to block it out after awhile but it can be damn annoying.

I had tinnitus for a couple days after forgetting ear protection and firing a .44 mag under a metal awning. Drove me crazy for 3 days, but then it was gone. I feel for ya. Think I'd rather be deaf than have that be a permanent condition. Best of luck to you.

:( Makes me sad. I get annoyed at stuff REALLY easily & it is on and off every minute or so.
I was literally in tears earlier because I was so frustrated with it. I seriously want to make myself deaf in this ear so I don't have to hear it. Haha.

I had this in my left ear a few months ago. Fuckin' annoying as hell. I know what caused it (cleaning my ear after a shower with water still in it and me not knowing it). The stuff they claimed would clear it didn't work right away. Basically took 2 months for the dirt that clogged my ear canal to get out of there.

I have never had a problem with ear infections, and have always had the EEEeeeeeee sound that comes and goes, lasting a few mins to a few days, I thought I was just crazy since I have heard it all my life. Good to know I am not the only one hearing buzzing or whining weirdness, we must all be crazy or ear-broken. ^_^; Just wanted to share cause I was reading and then all like I hear it too!!! Feel like a ufo abduction victim who finally found other abduction victims LOL

I have had this condition for over 15, maybe 20 years. The ringing is almost continuous ranging from a loud ring to an almost indiscernible one that I can barely hear. Luckily I'm able to ignore it and it in no way interferes with my life. I have heard that is can drive people crazy. I can easily understand how that could happen and am amazed that I'm not driven around the bend by the constant rrrrring.
I put the cause down to me always standing in front of the speakers at concerts when I was younger combined with working in loud noise industry all of my life.
Good luck with your treatment. I hope all goes well and the ringing ceases.

I have no idea what could've caused it. Perhaps it is dirt or something similar. If I have to live with this for two months, I might rip my hair out. Haha, Rose - you made me laugh with the ufo statement. And, 15 - 20 years :( Jeez. Yeah, it's said that loud speakers are causes, but I haven't been by anything extremely loud lately. So, I don't know.

Teagz said:
:( Makes me sad. I get annoyed at stuff REALLY easily & it is on and off every minute or so.
I was literally in tears earlier because I was so frustrated with it. I seriously want to make myself deaf in this ear so I don't have to hear it. Haha.

Like I said, I am mostly deaf on my left and hearing is rough some days on the right, and I still get the EEEEEEEeeeeee-ing some days it alternates from side to side, which will drive ya batshit crazy. Chewing gum can help. See if you have TMJ as well, I do which contributes to the tense muscles around the inner ear areas, which can amplify the sounds

I get it every once in awhile. The worst case was an hour long... usually after I've done something that made my ear hurt for whatever reason. Depending on the reason, it might be an hour to three days after whatever I did that made my ear hurt when it starts. How bad my ear was hurting usually determines the length of the annoyance.

Still have it. :( It's ONLY in my right ear, too.
I've also noticed when I clench my jaws down tight it does get worse.
I'm pretty much just getting used to it and I guess I will just hope it goes away.

Teagz said:
Basically, Tinnitus is a ringing, swishing, or other type of noise that seems to originate in the ear or head.
It can be caused by many different things. Something as simple as built-up earwax to a busted eardrum.
The past 2 1/2 - 3 days, I've been suffering from this and it's been annoying me, but today I'm losing it.
It's driving me completely crazy and I can't stand it. I'm worried because people say it can be chronic.
I'm about to go to Walgreens and get some stuff to pretty much irrigate my ear canal.
If that doesn't relieve some of this annoyance and ringing, I'm going to a doctor.
Has anyone else ever had a problem with Tinnitus, and if so, how did you remedy it, or do you still have it?
:)

i have had it for a while. like a long long looong while, though mine kind of sounds like the whining noise an old tube TV makes when its on. it does get annoying, but my doc says unless it's causing damage, to just let it subside. usually goes away in 2-3 months, mines been sticking around for 5 :(

2-3 months huh.....so is that constantly or intermittently or on and off? I have had mine for about 22 years now, generally I iggy it, but some days are waaaaaay worse than others. If my TMJ is acting up or my insomnia is bad enough that I get no sleep for more than a couple days, then it gets pretty bad. On the plus side, I can "sense" thunderstorms, humidity adn pressure changes, and sometimes "hear" if a light bulb is on LOL, so there are perks, just gotta find em

Eva_ChangeN said:
2-3 months huh.....so is that constantly or intermittently or on and off? I have had mine for about 22 years now, generally I iggy it, but some days are waaaaaay worse than others. If my TMJ is acting up or my insomnia is bad enough that I get no sleep for more than a couple days, then it gets pretty bad. On the plus side, I can "sense" thunderstorms, humidity adn pressure changes, and sometimes "hear" if a light bulb is on LOL, so there are perks, just gotta find em

I've had it as long as i can remember as well, on and off. but it was negligible, so i wouldn't classify it as Tinnitus, but over the last 4-5 months, its gotten so bad sometimes it actually muffles "real-world" sound. like a flashbang went off or something :p this was the first time i had seen a doctor about it and she said not to worry, so i've just kinda dealt with it since then.

as for insomnia, mine also makes it WAAAAY worse. if i'm up for too long, or even up too early, it gets worse.

its on and off for me, maybe a dozen times a day or so. but the slight whining is always there, almost 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.