AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Token totals showing glitch.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand this mentality when most of the money an individual spends ends up lining the pockets of someone far richer than them anyway.
If you applied this to your life in general you would be living in a cabin in the woods foraging for berries and sewing your own clothes out of leaves.

Obviously it's your money and your choice, but I'm curious as to why this is where so many people seem to be drawing the line.

I get the sense that people don't realize how important (in many ways as important) their tokens are, even if they aren't a big tipper. Based on discussions with models, the best way for a model to receive piece of mind isn't so much making X amount of money, it's how many tippers they actually have. It's not a good feeling to know your livelihood is sitting with just a few big tippers, especially in a business where the clientele can be fickle and disappear at the drop of the hat. Many "little" tippers provides a constant safety net that they won't be randomly out of a job at a moments notice because one person stopped tipping.

Thus because of this, smart/veteran models do value your tips nearly as much, if not as much, as the big tippers. Those members thinking about quitting MFC are looking at it like "My $5 mean so little to how much she's made this month so she likely doesn't notice". Whereas you should be looking at it like "my presence in the models room as a tipper is giving her comfort that even if she loses a few tippers, she doesn't have to worry about finding a new job. It also tells her that more then just a few people really do like and respect her".

I really can't believe how many people are "quitting MFC" or genuinely upset by finding out how much the top models are making.

1) What in the first place brought you to camsites? I've never seen camsites advertise they were just charity for pretty women. The model is providing a service and if you enjoy that service you should pay for it, regardless of how much she makes.
2) I thought most camsite viewers knew top models were making a killing. The dream of being one is one of the reason that makes the job so lucrative! For anyone even somewhat knowledgeable about how MFC works it wasn't even a surprise. As someone who was aware exactly how the camscore algorithm worked, knowing how much 1000 points was worth last year and knowing how many hours models works due to sites like mycamgirl.net, all it just showed how correct my calculations were.
3) Why are you upset that the top 1% of the top 1% in their chosen profession make decent amounts of money? That's a good thing.
4) If you are a fan of a model, shouldn't you be happy for her success?

It really seems just as crazy as finding out how much money Taylor Swift makes for a record then declaring you will never buy anyone else's record ever again, no matter how starving the artist.

Last edited:
I get the sense that people don't realize how important (in many ways as important) their tokens are, even if they aren't a big tipper. Based on discussions with models, the best way for a model to receive piece of mind isn't so much making X amount of money, it's how many tippers they actually have. It's not a good feeling to know your livelihood is sitting with just a few big tippers, especially in a business where the clientele can be fickle and disappear at the drop of the hat. Many "little" tippers provides a constant safety net that they won't be randomly out of a job at a moments notice because one person stopped tipping.

Thus because of this, smart/veteran models do value your tips nearly as much, if not as much, as the big tippers. Those members thinking about quitting MFC are looking at it like "My $5 mean so little to how much she's made this month so she likely doesn't notice". Whereas you should be looking at it like "my presence in the models room as a tipper is giving her comfort that even if she loses a few tippers, she doesn't have to worry about finding a new job. It also tells her that more then just a few people really do like and respect her".

I really can't believe how many people are "quitting MFC" or genuinely upset by finding out how much the top models are making.

1) What in the first place brought you to camsites? I've never seen camsites advertise they were just charity for pretty women. The model is providing a service and if you enjoy that service you should pay for it, regardless of how much she makes.
2) I thought most camsite viewers knew top models were making a killing. The dream of being one is one of the reason that makes the job so lucrative! For anyone even somewhat knowledgeable about how MFC works it wasn't even a surprise. As someone who was aware exactly how the camscore algorithm worked, knowing how much 1000 points was worth last year and knowing how many hours models works due to sites like mycamgirl.net, all it just showed how correct my calculations were.
3) If you are a fan of a model, shouldn't you be happy for her success?

It really seems just as crazy as finding out how much money Taylor Swift makes for a record then declaring you will never buy anyone else's record ever again, no matter how starving the artist.

Hitting bullet point #3, (Edit, I wrote #3 but I meant all of them really) I have learned there are two types of dudes (well, a million, but hear me out) on MFC. Ones with a brain who function like normal people and tip us, rather it be for a business exchange or simply to support us, while also giving us respect and actually treating us as an equal human being. And then there are those who think we owe them something. I am willing to bet a lot of these men who are writing off MFC because of this are the second kind of people.

They can't seem to view us as equals or as human beings. They come into our room, don't say hi, and demand we do something. They are the type of guy to see we have a video posted for 100 tokens and try to haggle us to 50 tokens, even though he shows he has 900 tokens. These people simply see us AS a product, rather than a person who also offers products. To these people, we are the product. And they question the value we place on ourselves. And when we choose to stick to said value, which is against their desires, they complain, begin to insult us, or complain that we make money.

The men with commonsense understand this is a job, that we're representatives of products, and either desire that product and will pay for it, or will at least be great supporters. But people who want to trick their brains into thinking we are somehow pimped out and their tips are something they are doing us a favor with, rather than seeing it as equal exchange or support, those are the people who are exploding with anger because they can't believe some girls do it successfully and independently. They liked the control of thinking their tips somehow gave them a monopoly on the model.

Man you guys sure make me feel like an asshole now LOL I am not against tipping cam models or anything like that, I spend probably $100-500 a month on MFC. This "leak" isn't going to change my spending habits at all. I know I mentioned that I don't really tip the top models and what I should have mentioned a long with that is I very rarely ever go in there. Out of the top 20 right now, I have never stayed in any of those rooms for more than 5 minutes and probably half of them I have never even been in. I don't just go in a room and check the models rank and say "I'm not tipping her". We all have personal preferences of what kind of girls we like and what we like to see or in some cases we might not like the "atmosphere" in the room. Even some girls I find super attractive I just don't agree with how they run their room so I just don't go in there besides popping in to see what is going on and then I move on.

I am thankful for this token glitch thing to be honest, as a relative newcomer to MFC (10 months), I suppose I was niave to the crazy amounts of money the top models (Kickaz etc.) make. I know it doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things (she's not gonna miss my 500 tokens a month) but I think MFC just lost a customer, I can't justify giving tips to these rich people.
You cant justify giving your money to someone you deem isnt worthy of it hu? Did said model not entertain you, give you content, etc for those tips? Oh she did? Then she is worthy of those tips. That line of thinking makes no sense just because she did the same for multiple other people and those tips added up. That does not make her somehow magically less deserving.

Let me ask you do you eat out ever? Yes? Unless it's only at mom and pop owned restaurants you're probably giving money to rich people by doing it. Are you never gonna eat at any non family owned place again? I doubt it. Enjoy your McDonalds and they will enjoy your money even though they have what you would call is enough.

Do you buy groceries? Unless you only shop at farmers markets you're probably giving money to a rich person who owns the store or major chain of them.

How about your clothes? Are you buying the material from JoAnn Fabrics and sewing them yourself? No? My well I guess that rich designer and store you bought them at got more money from you as well.

Furniture? You bought it all from Amish communities or crafted it yourself right? No? Hmm but furniture producers are rich and you said they shouldn't be getting your money you said.

The phone or computer you're on right now to be here and post you made all the parts for and built and soldered yourself right? No? Well Apple/Samsung/whatever of course are rich already but you paid them didn't you?

How about your water or electricity? Surely you only collect your own from a stream or well you built with you own hands and have built your own wind turbine or water wheel right? No? But man those companies are rich too so you should probably get started on that and quick. Plus you are gonna wanna hop off the internet asap since you can't make that yourself and Comcast is rich as well. Chop chop, time is running.

Shall I go on? See how your logic of paying for anything just cause someone else is rich is absolutely moronic when you only apply it to a small sector just cause you are jealous? If you were good at your job and started a business yourself how would you feel if people just stopped paying you for your services just cause they deemed you had enough according to them? Not to much i'd think. You'd want your money and you would know you deserve it cause you are providing a great service and there is nothing wrong with that. Its okay to get great pay for a great job done and it's as simple as that. If you're gonna pretend no one deserves your money cause they have enough in your mind then you wouldn't fucking be here now. You'd be living off the land and prepping for winter right now. Instead you are just green with envy about it and trying to justify why in your own head and here.

Sorry but I see right through it. You'll stay in your comfy house with your take away, non market groceries, name brand clothes, store bought furniture all while on your foreign made laptop using wifi and electricity. And all the while you're gonna complain about some girl you don't know doing too good at her job. Oh the horror.

And this is exactly why people ninja tip too. I am by no means a top ranked model, but I do have 1 or 2 people who tip me a nice tip maybe once or twice a month. They make a point to ninja it but sometimes forget or click the wrong button. Blucrush sounds like the kind of guy who would see me get a 2000 token tip once and assume that everyone tips me like that all day every day when in reality its a nice gesture that I am quite grateful for that rarely occurs. I also wonder if this is why MFC ranks higher than Chaturbate in terms of model income. There are top models on Chaturbate but not on the same levels of MFC models to my knowledge. Unless I have been missing something on Chaturbate, there is no way to hide your total tokens earned while you are broadcasting, so every viewer gets to see precisely what they make. Also I don't think you can tip ninja on Chaturbate. I wonder how that influences tippers over on their site.

It also depends on why/how one tips.

Some of my favs and friendly models can attest to me often putting stupid jokes in my tip notes. For the Romanian models I know, they often get things like "buricul :mhorny", with buricul being the Romanian word for tummy/belly button if I see their tummy. Or maybe I'll comment on a color any model I know is wearing with one of the horny or pervy emotes, like if she's wearing blue it might just be "blue :pervy" for no other reason than to be a little funny. Or, obviously, if they're wearing socks or stockings, as evidenced by my posting in the Socks thread on this site. :p

They're not big tips. Normally 10 tokens. But when the model knows me, they generally get a smile from reading the tip note.

Other times maybe I find a model just really cute, like last night with BaileyRayne, where I sent just a few small tips saying how I think she's pretty and that I might be one of those silent boy-like crushing types that could just watch them a lot. Yeah, she's top 25 right now, so the whopping 30 tokens I sent, over 3 tips, isn't going to be any big change in her rank, but she was still sweet and vocally responded to them.

It all depends on what one is tipping for. If I'm sending small jokey tips, the model knows me and hopefully gets my humor. If I'm tipping for videos, etc., then the tips are bigger with the note saying why the tip is there. And, obviously, if I go group or private, the model knows what that's for. :cool:

In the end, tip who you like, and why and how you like. Don't let her rank dissuade you in that regard.

Reactions: weirdbr and JimsX
I understand the issue about tipping rich models (to a point). I am not a white knight or a guy who tries to save models, but I do hope that my tips matter. When the top model is a millionaire, my 20 bucks does not matter at all (that's how I see it). I prefer to tip a model I know can use that 20. But I do buy content from some top 100 models; I just don't feel comfortable in their rooms often .. for reasons beyond them being rich lol.

The difference between buying a Taylor Swift album and tipping a millionaire model is that we don't know Swift. We "think" we know models, we see them as friends and if my friend were a millionaire and asked me for 20 bucks I would laugh in his face. However, if he sold me something I wanted, I would gladly give him the cash.

So yeah, I would not quit tipping because of this; that's rather foolish. It's pretty obvious the top models are loaded. I'm surprised anyone is surprised lol.

I tip no more than $150 a month on MFC these days, but I still enjoy the camaraderie with dozens of models who I consider to be my friends. These models genuinely enjoy having me in their rooms, and it isnt for my 10 token tips they get every day.

Based on your previous replies, I'm 100% certain they act like your friends based solely on your tipping. Try not tipping for a while and see how quickly they say hello.

This is the raw data of tokens for #20 for each month. Posting data here so I can delete my spreadsheet.

View attachment 58366

We must go deeper

For a completely gratuitous comparison of months, where a full year's data is available:

8ZvVbFq.png

Based on your previous replies, I'm 100% certain they act like your friends based solely on your tipping. Try not tipping for a while and see how quickly they say hello.
Friendships are based on respect, and taking a models service without tipping a single token is disrespectful. After some time yes... eventually that model would feel disrespected and thus the friendship would likely die because who wants to be friends with someone who doesn't respect them?

This is the case in ANY "regular" based camaraderie. Bars, tattoo shops, strip clubs...
Tips in camland are almost always required to build a friendship... but tips don't guarantee friendship.

I will generally always chat with anyone who chats with me so long as
A. They're not requesting I do something or give something to them or just trying to get free dirty talk with me
B. They are respectful enough not to try and overrun conversations or shows when I'm talking to, or performing for members who are tipping. If you can't tip for a while, that's cool, I'll still be friendly to you, but out of respect you should back off when there is someone around who can so I can focus my attention on them.

However, I'm definitely not one of the more popular models so my room is rarely busy. So for me, even friendly chit-chat is contributing. Most of the guys that come back to my room often and tip me do so not because I'm particularly sexy or creative, but because they enjoy my personality. My taste in music, books, shows, and movies. So if talking about those things helps me along, I'll be happy to talk to literally anyone about them.
More popular models are going to find it more difficult to juggle conversation in a busy room, so yes, they'll focus on the tippers. It's nothing personal against anyone.

Damn extra innings but Go Royals! Has kept me up longer than I would have liked. Anyway reading through this thread has opened my eyes to so many things from both the model and the member perspective. I have always assumed that models in the top 100 make crazy sums. I have also always known that models in the lower end of the rankings/score don't make as much. It is just simple deduction really. That said I as a tipper tend to favor the models outside of the Top 100-250. It has nothing to do with anything but personal preference. I have been in top model rooms and if I like what they are doing I tip, I use the same standards in a model that isn't in the top tier. And if a model is not to my liking in any tier I leave.

I'm a bit buzzed and tired so I can't really formulate this next thought as I would like but I'm still going to try. I definitely can understand how a member that tips smaller token amounts can be scared off or intimidated by tippers that can do double, triple, on up to x times the amount they can. I clearly see where the models say every tip counts and they appreciate them all. It is still hard being the guy tipping 5, 10, 15 tokens when another person or persons is tipping 500, 1000, 1500 and so forth in the same manner.

I was not aware that anyone still paid for music. other than streaming, but I'm find ignoring the ads and using the free version there too.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Magnolia
I'm not defending anything and as a model of course I think they deserve it. The point I made was because as some said some dickwads are gonna think they shouldn't tip anymore and they aren't taking into account reality. I think it's important to keep in mind and to be mentioned when talking money.

I'm a bit late in posting to this thread, but I totally get what Teagan is saying here. I mean, it's hard enough even getting some of these MFC members to even tip. That would truly suck if several people decided to stop tipping because they think "the model doesn't need it" or whatever other reason.

Honestly all I can do is wtf this.

It's completely relevant. If someone exposed your gross income and felt the need to comment to you about how much you just must have would you not then correct them that the amount shown is NOT take home? Most people would. Duh. So like I said it does bear mentioning I feel. Especially after some of the nasty stuff I've seen about it (Twitter.) The fact that it's not discretionary seems lost on a lot of morons. If you're not one of them that's great and you can just ignore that post then.

I also never said it was any different from self employed people elsewhere did I? No. So again if you know that it's great and you can skip what I said but the people who don't realize that and read it now know different. And to correct you supplies are bought by most every single month. Makeup, outfits, toys, batteries, lotion, baby oil, and much more are all done every month by me.

And lastly I didn't pretend a thing about cam girls having it harder. Where you for that from I don't know. It was a breakdown of things a lot of people don't think of when it comes to running a cam business at home. Why that seems to upset you so much idk but oh well. It's reality.

This. It's nobody's business how much a model makes. With models' earnings being exposed, I can only imagine some of the idiotic comments members (and unmuted guests/basics) will be making in the chat rooms.

Hitting bullet point #3, (Edit, I wrote #3 but I meant all of them really) I have learned there are two types of dudes (well, a million, but hear me out) on MFC. Ones with a brain who function like normal people and tip us, rather it be for a business exchange or simply to support us, while also giving us respect and actually treating us as an equal human being. And then there are those who think we owe them something. I am willing to bet a lot of these men who are writing off MFC because of this are the second kind of people.

They can't seem to view us as equals or as human beings. They come into our room, don't say hi, and demand we do something. They are the type of guy to see we have a video posted for 100 tokens and try to haggle us to 50 tokens, even though he shows he has 900 tokens. These people simply see us AS a product, rather than a person who also offers products. To these people, we are the product. And they question the value we place on ourselves. And when we choose to stick to said value, which is against their desires, they complain, begin to insult us, or complain that we make money.

The men with commonsense understand this is a job, that we're representatives of products, and either desire that product and will pay for it, or will at least be great supporters. But people who want to trick their brains into thinking we are somehow pimped out and their tips are something they are doing us a favor with, rather than seeing it as equal exchange or support, those are the people who are exploding with anger because they can't believe some girls do it successfully and independently. They liked the control of thinking their tips somehow gave them a monopoly on the model.

NAILED IT!

This, so much.
Today, an angry member messaged me saying he saw the glitch and he knows how much we make and won't be tipping anymore (me I guess) because we obviously don't need it. Dude, I am ranked #1500 right now. Me and thousands of other girls make a little fracture of what a girl at #250 makes. It is unfair to punish anybody, but it's specially unfair to punish those lower on the ladder. But I guess that's life and that's what happens when info like this gets revealed. I'd love them to reveal #s for under 250 too, just to put things into perspective.

Wow, I'm sorry. That's fucked up. I would permaban him (if you know his MFC screen name), to tell you the truth. No model wants to hear that you won't be tipping anymore because ______. IDIOT.

I was not aware that anyone still paid for music. other than streaming, but I'm find ignoring the ads and using the free version there too.

Not relevant to this thread at all, but I felt the need to respond to this. I only buy vinyl. I put a lot of money into purchasing music. It is totally still a thing.

After being in many rooms where the model is begging, whining, cajoling, threatening to leave, and basically complaining that no one is tipping - and then seeing that she made more in a month than I do all year. Yeah it's going to affect my tipping. I guess the new rule of thumb is that if she's in the top #220, there's no need to tip; she's already on her way to financial stability and doesn't need my help or really anyone else's. And for those girls in the top 10 who continue to spur their regulars on to tip, well that's just pure greed and it's disgusting.

What's disgusting is this attitude of "I'll only tip the models who need it." Is this a charity? Regardless of how much they make, if you're sitting in their chat rooms enjoying the conversation and all, you should be tipping when you can. If everyone (who previously tipped them) thought the same way as you, then NOBODY would tip them anymore.

Funny enough it hasn't affected me yet. I was actually asked last night if "I have a job" as in another job. And that I "would make so much money as a stripper". I think it will blow over and nothing you can do but keep moving forward. There will always be freeloaders, always people looking for an excuse to say they don't need to pay. There will also be members who want to contribute to your success or entertainment for the night and support what you do. There was a big deal made after both Olivia and Pumpkin stated in public chat how much #1 and #2 make in a month and people saying they were leaving. It didn't seem to change things much.

Just a couple of comments:

1) In my view the glitch was noticed only by a tiny group of tippers so I think if really some people change their tipping habits because of this the result should be unnoticable, leaving some braindead basic comments aside...

2) For me the unique thing about MFC tipping is that you have a room of maybe 500 people and the people who tip get exactly the same show as a first time basic personally. I tip for 2 things : a) I like the model and want to support her or b) I like the show and want to keep it going.

To be honest if I just hang out in a room with nothing special going on I am far more inclined to tip a sub 2000 model than a 10 000 plus camscore model. I have only limited resources and in general I like the feeling to help someone who is struggling instead of adding to an already high income.....
But I must say that I hang out without tipping mostly as a guest because nobody expects a guest to tip and if I like the show sometimes I return logged in as a premium and then tip of course...

As mentioned above I don't expect anything to change on MFC so this discussion here is only smoke about nothing...

I first visited Cam sites, because I wanted to try something new. Necessity is the mother of invention, but ennui is the mother of perversion.

Many members do not even think camming is a real job, so they cannot imagine it pays more than they earn.

3) Why are you upset that the top 1% of the top 1% in their chosen profession make decent amounts of money? That's a good thing.

Again it goes back to lack of respect, and the emasculating discovery that ladies are making more than them I think.

4) If you are a fan of a model, shouldn't you be happy for her success?

The member was planning to swoop in and save the model from the life they had, and make her an honest woman. Learning they were independent business women with no need of saving messed up all of their carefully made plans.

I always knew my friends that cammed made decent money, some more than me, some less. I knew that sometimes when they said they needed something, they didn't really, but sometimes they did.

I have always been someone who very rarely tips (I find a model I like and then purchase content or a PVT from them, and rarely linger in their rooms otherwise outside of long-held friendships), so this will do nothing to change my pattern. While I wouldn't say this will change the activities of a large percentage of people, there has always and will always be the group of guys that think pretty women need a hero, whether they're met in a bar, restaurant, strip club, or online, and will be crestfallen if they find out that their help is not special or unique. Even if they got no special treatment or reward for it, people like to feel like they are special, like they are making a difference. I can understand if they're disappointed when they find out that they aren't, though often it's pretty obvious to others.

I couldn't tell you the last time I was in a top 20/100 girl's room for any amount of time, so I don't know if they ever do "woe is me, it's so slow, I'm so broke" type of things which I'm sure would enrage someone who now sees these totals. If that's happening, I can understand why people might be actually angry at model(s), but if not then this could just serve as the waking up moment that most people have for whatever reason when it comes to camming (or strip clubs, or video games, or drinking, or any other habit that costs a lot of money and comes with limited to no long term return on investment).

One thing I will add, on behalf of a camgirl that is not registered here but read some part of the thread, is that many of the costs associated with camming (toys, lube, outfits, etc) are covered by customers buying gifts and gift cards. Just another data point, I'll let her defend it herself if she so chooses.

Funny enough it hasn't affected me yet. I was actually asked last night if "I have a job" as in another job. And that I "would make so much money as a stripper". I think it will blow over and nothing you can do but keep moving forward. There will always be freeloaders, always people looking for an excuse to say they don't need to pay. There will also be members who want to contribute to your success or entertainment for the night and support what you do. There was a big deal made after both Olivia and Pumpkin stated in public chat how much #1 and #2 make in a month and people saying they were leaving. It didn't seem to change things much.

It does add an extra level of comedy to the "I have a business opportunity for you" guys

Let me speak a moment from the cheap seats. I'm currently in the middle of a massive camathon in an effort to cover my deductible and my off time from an upcoming surgery. I've been working a lot of hours between 2 sites and doing everything I can to try to hit my goals.

Today I had two different people, one had tipped previously and the other hadn't.... who made a comment that I make too much money as a camgirl to need to "camathon" to hit my goals... because we all make a ton of money.

=/

Mind you.... My current rank on MFC is right around #9200 give or take... my current camscore is just a smidgen over 1000-- meaning, if I work a 10 hour day, I won't make what some are able to make in an hour or two. But now I'm being criticized for my "vast wealth" because some guys just don't get the massive income disparity between number 100 and number 10,000.

Wow... How sad.
I wish you could feel the absolute thrill and joy I feel when a new member tips me 20 tokens. It's not the amount, it's the incredible feeling that people other than just my regular frands think I'm worth it. The more tips I get from new or different names the more my self esteem wells and I feel like I'm doing a good job, which encourages me to do even better! It's not about the amount of the tip and I think most models will agree, just having a nice variety of names in yellow on the screen is so wonderful and really, means so much to building a good cam environment which is priceless!

True. I tested her. The lady speaks truth.

True. I tested her. The lady speaks truth.
That was you!!!! JIM! hahahahahahahahahahaha your second note killed me!

• Funny!
Reactions: JimsX and ACFFAN69
Status
Not open for further replies.