AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

UK friendly cam sites that don't rely on free chat?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Having trouble finding any UK cam sites or sites where getting paid in the UK is easy and without huge fees. I DO NOT want to work on MFC or SkinVideo or any site which relies on flashing in free chat for hours with no guarantee of income. I'm waiting for my account to be live on streamate and want another site so i don't have all my eggs in one basket.

Thanks xx

Hi, I can def understand why you want to go that route...unfortunately, I have no help for ya. Maybe someone else knows, but from what I know, you have to either sell videos only, have your own website or something like that. It would seem very hard to make good money going that route due to the difficulty of building a fanbase. But hey, I work retail so what do I know bout camming really LOL :lol:

mygirlfund seems to be popular at the moment, and i've heard that it pays quickly.
either frankiechemical or britishtease might be able to give you a model's perceptive on it

Thanbks girls :)

MGF is useless. Was on for weeks and only got $20, which after their fees came to about £3. Just not worth it.

I work AW atm, set my own prices, and do well. I want another site like this which is UK based, or easy to get paid in UK - all the US sites seem to give a crap deal to UK girls after fees and conversion rates etc.

ICGirls? They do wire transfer so I think it's about $30/payout which can be monthly. No free cam though.

Also SoCalGlamourGirls.com will pay out via paypal so it's free except for currency conversion when you transfer from paypal to your own bank acct. You can turn free chat off or on there.

Countessa said:
ICGirls? They do wire transfer so I think it's about $30/payout which can be monthly. No free cam though.

Also SoCalGlamourGirls.com will pay out via paypal so it's free except for currency conversion when you transfer from paypal to your own bank acct. You can turn free chat off or on there.

Thanks. How do socal pay via paypal? Paypal don't allow payments for adult type work :/

I wouldn't say that MFC and SV rely on flashing in free chat. You still can refuse to get naked in public. But considering your opinion about these sites, it is strange that you have joined Streamate. They also have girls flashing for tips (or gold as they call there).

If you are looking for a site where you don't need to be in free chat: ImLive, CamContacts, Webcams.com... Not great sites though. You can be logged in and not even be in front of the cam. But as member, I don't like it. I prefer to see the girl in front of the webcam (don't need to be naked) before taking her in private.

Do you get paid by check or wire transfer? If yes, the high fees are normal. It is not that the site wants to rip you off, but the bank fees need to be paid and they won't pay it for you. They will take from your earnings. Plus, the currency conversion. They all pay in dollar and you use pound, which is a much stronger currency. Does AW support Payoneer, Paxum or whatever "virtual bank"? You would pay less fees using something like this.

Cheers ;)

Wow they are studios. NO studios thanks. I want to keep my money.

Yes AW have all those options, but i use bank transfer. I am signing to streamate because i have UK friends who make good money there so i will give it a shot on that basis.

I know you don't *have* to flash etc on MFC, but i don't want to sit in free chat for hours on end never knowing if or when i will make any money. I want pay per min, with little if any free chat unless i feel like it. Basically I want another AW, OR another site where I can still bring home more than £20 per hour after all fees etc. Maybe I am looking for the impossible lol.

To be fair to the sites, it is mostly the exchange rate at the moment that is meaning we dont get as good a deal. Good for buying dollars for our holidays, not so much for dollars into pounds. Ironically its because our currency is doing a bit better against the dollar that we end up with less take home pay.

There isnt really anywhere UK friendly that is like AW as far as the style and getting paid goes. Stream mate would be the closest one in terms of style I guess but again its paid in dollars. MGF is a good site but you have to be proactive with it.

Maybe Live Jasmine but I dont know what their pay out rates are or anything.

Leigh_rocks said:
I forgot about LJ. You can also stay in "member chat" for the whole time, waiting for someone to take you in private.

- 35% if the member takes you in private when you are in free chat;
- 30% if the private starts when you are in "member chat" mode

They use or used to issue checks from an Ireland bank, but the checks are always in dollar.

Don't bother with any sites that issue cheques. The bank will put a lock on it and they'll hold it for a while. Takes about 6weeks to clear when the cheque is from the US. Or that's how it works in Australia, the UK is usually identical with these things. Its so frustrating banking foreign cheques too... such a complicated process. Someone should really tell them its 2010 not 1910!

MyCamgirl said:
Leigh_rocks said:
I forgot about LJ. You can also stay in "member chat" for the whole time, waiting for someone to take you in private.

- 35% if the member takes you in private when you are in free chat;
- 30% if the private starts when you are in "member chat" mode

They use or used to issue checks from an Ireland bank, but the checks are always in dollar.

Hi Katie! Glad to see more SW girls over here.

I cannot discourage working on LJ enough. LJ sucks. It is a horrible, horrible place, with broke, begging traffic, and a cut that is criminal.

Thanks girlies, and hi sexandgrammar (SW rocks!! lol) :D

Well just to update you (as if you couldn't tell from my latest posts), I've had a bit of a change of heart when it comes to MFC. I was watching a few of the top girls including AspenRae and Jaclyn, and WOW, do they make it rain!!! So I am in the process of getting my account set up over there. Have a TON of helpful tips compiled from both here and SW, and I'm almost ready to go, although nervous as hell. I'm currently torn between 'try to get everything right and start out great from the outset', or 'just fucking go for it!' and see what happens lol.

Katie_Evers said:

Well just to update you (as if you couldn't tell from my latest posts), I've had a bit of a change of heart when it comes to MFC. I was watching a few of the top girls including AspenRae and Jaclyn, and WOW, do they make it rain!!! So I am in the process of getting my account set up over there. Have a TON of helpful tips compiled from both here and SW, and I'm almost ready to go, although nervous as hell. I'm currently torn between 'try to get everything right and start out great from the outset', or 'just fucking go for it!' and see what happens lol.
Keep in mind that the 2 of them (I assume you meant Jalyn) do very hardcore shows in public chat. They are on that end of the spectrum when it comes to room numbers, camscores, and tokens/hour. It's really hard to compare yourself to such established and popular girls when first starting out, so don't be discouraged when you don't get 5000 tokens in 30 minutes like they seem to do.

AmberCutie said:
Katie_Evers said:

Keep in mind that the 2 of them (I assume you meant Jalyn) do very hardcore shows in public chat. They are on that end of the spectrum when it comes to room numbers, camscores, and tokens/hour. It's really hard to compare yourself to such established and popular girls when first starting out, so don't be discouraged when you don't get 5000 tokens in 30 minutes like they seem to do.

Agreed! There are the amazing MFC success stories such as Jayln and Aspen, but not every girl gets that "lucky".

AmberCutie said:
Katie_Evers said:

I know, I've watched a lot of other girls before those two (hence my previous posts asking what the heck people see in MFC when there's no guarantee of cash from it lol). But the point is, that opportunity IS there, IF you get lucky, or IF you crack the code to making it big. I know I won't have the patience to see it through if it takes longer than a couple of months to see any decent cash, but I'm going to give it a shot :p

Status
Not open for further replies.