AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Unsure how to approach [wrong address given]

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2013
So as a quick rundown of the story. Trying to get a model bad dragon dildos for a while now, she knew about it and gave me the address to have them shipped to. The style I like and the size she needs it is difficult to get (checking the inventory daily). The intent was to use them in a show.

Black Friday rolls around and BD dropped a bunch of dildos and the ones I was looking for were going quickly. Model was online so I quickly showed the images of the ones with color options and got the selection...confirmed the address with her as well -insert foreshadowing here-.

When it eventually shipped I send her the tracking number, so she knows when it arrives and when it's available for her to pick it up. The day comes where it is to be delivered and UPS says it's delivered.

She was online that night which is when she tells me the bad news. The business address it was shipped to was wrong (it was a 3rd party address that she use to use to get her fan mail but they aren't in that location anymore). She legitly felt bad and I do feel sorry for her and don't want to make her feel worse...but seriously don't know what to do. So I thought I'd ask to hear people's opinions.

For the models here, do you think it would be okay asking her to go to the address and see if they have the package? I'm hesitant to do this as wasn't sure if this would be a safety concern thing. At the same time though it was $260 worth of dildos, and ones that likely would take months or maybe even a year before they are listed again (I don't really want to spend more money for a mistake on her end, and spending each morning checking the inventory).

So please give me your thoughts, and if anyone has any ideas of how this could be resolved

In the future send a bad dragon electronic gift card.

For her safety don't ask her to go to an unknown address to retrieve a sextoy.

In the future send a bad dragon electronic gift card.
Might be my country, but they don't offer e-gift cards always get a 404 page when going to their gift card pages. And the dildo was something she said she always wanted as well

For her safety don't ask her to go to an unknown address to retrieve a sextoy.
Any thoughts on what could be done? I mean, hypothetically if you were in a situation where you gave and old address and it was delivered what would you do?

They sent the toys to the wrong address, and god knows what is going on at the address now. Her showing up to ask if anyone has seen her dildos isn't the smartest of moves. They probably opened the package and already know her name from the shipping label. 100% unsafe.

I honestly don't think you have any options here.

Might be my country, but they don't offer e-gift cards always get a 404 page when going to their gift card pages. And the dildo was something she said she always wanted as well

Any thoughts on what could be done? I mean, hypothetically if you were in a situation where you gave and old address and it was delivered what would you do?
Did you ever contact their support to report the 404 page?

And I have done this with an Amazon package when I moved. I shrugged my shoulders and accepted my mistake. I learned to double check the address before purchasing items.

Reactions: GraysonDrake
Did you ever contact their support to report the 404 page?

And I have done this with an Amazon package when I moved. I shrugged my shoulders and accepted my mistake. I learned to double check the address before purchasing items.
Nope, I haven't, it always seemed to me that they stopped offering gift cards a few years back (which was around the time it seemed as though they had too many orders to keep up with). I mean other than a redeem a gift card option in the account tab there isn't reference to buying gift cards.

It's a difficult pill to swallow when it was someone else's mistake that is causing you to be out money and for something that can't really be easily replaced. To clarify something, I actually triple confirmed the address. First when initially discussing months back, second before the checkout, and third during the checkout because it gave a "this address looks weird" kind of message (which I relaid to her).

It's a difficult pill to swallow when it was someone else's mistake that is causing you to be out money and for something that can't really be easily replaced. To clarify something, I actually triple confirmed the address. First when initially discussing months back, second before the checkout, and third during the checkout because it gave a "this address looks weird" kind of message (which I relaid to her).
Keep in mind gifting items to strangers on the internet is a risk. I think it's best to accept the loss and maybe only do gift cards or send to PO boxes in the future.

Hmmm.... the model gave you an address, you checked 3 times that it was the correct one, then the parcel was delivered to that address. But now the business / whatever that used to be there that the model used for receiving gifts, is no longer there.

Do I have this right?

How well do you know this model?

I would think most models (or people of any occupation) would make sure they gave a correct address to someone sending them gifts.

I think you need to cut your losses. 🤷‍♂️

It's possible that the business was there at the time she'd given you that address, and maybe they had to close up by the time the mail got there. Who knows? Due to the pandemic, a lot of businesses have been suffering...with some even closing their doors. And with these vaccine mandates, a lot of people are quitting or getting fired, and businesses have been short-staffed. At around 5:30 PM today, I attempted to have food delivered from Dunkin' (via Uber Eats), and it told me they had closed already. That's been happening a lot lately.

I agree with Audri's advice that you should just stick to sending e-gift cards to the model's e-mail address. Or tip her the amount she'd need to buy the toy herself (Keeping in mind that the cam site takes a percentage of her money, so figure out how much that tip would have to be). But if you go that route, she may just end up using that money to pay her bills instead of that toy. So you'd probably want to go the e-gift card route (to the sex toy website or Amazon).

Or tip her the amount she'd need to buy the toy herself
Probably the better but more expensive option. Gift cards by email or something from an anonymous* Lovense wish list are the only things I gift off site. I don't want the liability of knowing any IRL information since have no wish to find myself on the list of "suspects" in case the model gets harrassed.

*) Anonymous as long as the model isn't using her personal firstname.lastname@gmail.com address. Please don't do that.

So as a quick rundown of the story. Trying to get a model bad dragon dildos for a while now, she knew about it and gave me the address to have them shipped to. The style I like and the size she needs it is difficult to get (checking the inventory daily). The intent was to use them in a show.

Black Friday rolls around and BD dropped a bunch of dildos and the ones I was looking for were going quickly. Model was online so I quickly showed the images of the ones with color options and got the selection...confirmed the address with her as well -insert foreshadowing here-.

When it eventually shipped I send her the tracking number, so she knows when it arrives and when it's available for her to pick it up. The day comes where it is to be delivered and UPS says it's delivered.

She was online that night which is when she tells me the bad news. The business address it was shipped to was wrong (it was a 3rd party address that she use to use to get her fan mail but they aren't in that location anymore). She legitly felt bad and I do feel sorry for her and don't want to make her feel worse...but seriously don't know what to do. So I thought I'd ask to hear people's opinions.

For the models here, do you think it would be okay asking her to go to the address and see if they have the package? I'm hesitant to do this as wasn't sure if this would be a safety concern thing. At the same time though it was $260 worth of dildos, and ones that likely would take months or maybe even a year before they are listed again (I don't really want to spend more money for a mistake on her end, and spending each morning checking the inventory).

So please give me your thoughts, and if anyone has any ideas of how this could be resolved
I don't think going to an unknown address is a good idea, if she has the address and she feels like contacting them to see if they have her stuff then that's up to her but like Audri and Yummy said it's not safe or reasonable to ask her to do that for you.

Personally I would contact BadDragon directly if you're the one who made the transaction and see if they can help since the address was wrong and it was a gift. You might just have to eat the money though.

Hmmm.... the model gave you an address, you checked 3 times that it was the correct one, then the parcel was delivered to that address. But now the business / whatever that used to be there that the model used for receiving gifts, is no longer there.

Do I have this right?

How well do you know this model?

I would think most models (or people of any occupation) would make sure they gave a correct address to someone sending them gifts.

I think you need to cut your losses. 🤷‍♂️

If he's a reg and this was for a show there's literally no reason for her to scam him. I've had regs buy me toys off wishlists before, it's pretty normal.

I don't want the liability of knowing any IRL information since have no wish to find myself on the list of "suspects" in case the model gets harrassed.

*) Anonymous as long as the model isn't using her personal firstname.lastname@gmail.com address. Please don't do that.

Yeah, I think it's good for models to have an alternate e-mail address used just for "adult" stuff, instead of using the same primary e-mail they use to communicate with their kid's school teachers, family, etc. Real names (First names) are usually attached to a person's primary e-mail, unless they go into their settings to change their name to something else. So for that alternate e-mail account, they really should put something else down as their first and last name. And when you do a Google search of your primary e-mail address, you may get search results of websites that reveal your first (or full) name.

Probably a tip that could go in the 'Advice For New Models' thread, if it's not already in there.

It's possible that the business was there at the time she'd given you that address, and maybe they had to close up by the time the mail got there. Who knows? Due to the pandemic, a lot of businesses have been suffering...with some even closing their doors. And with these vaccine mandates, a lot of people are quitting or getting fired, and businesses have been short-staffed. At around 5:30 PM today, I attempted to have food delivered from Dunkin' (via Uber Eats), and it told me they had closed already. That's been happening a lot lately.

I agree with Audri's advice that you should just stick to sending e-gift cards to the model's e-mail address. Or tip her the amount she'd need to buy the toy herself (Keeping in mind that the cam site takes a percentage of her money, so figure out how much that tip would have to be). But if you go that route, she may just end up using that money to pay her bills instead of that toy. So you'd probably want to go the e-gift card route (to the sex toy website or Amazon).
It was delivered so it wasn't about timing (and it was delivered within 1 week of the final confirmation)

e-gifts I find can be hit or miss when trying to get bad-dragons even when gift cards were a thing. Like having the model who forgot to click the cum-tube option and picked the solid black instead of the stylized color option. Tokens have a similar issue.

There is one model who had a goal for 5000 tokens for a bad dragon flared chance...I tipped about 1500tks towards it but someone did 2500tks and upon her learning it was sold out gave him the option to pick a different one, and he chose a non-bad dragon dildo [fully abandoned that model after that, given her justification was he tipped the most and he didn't like bad dragons]

I don't think going to an unknown address is a good idea, if she has the address and she feels like contacting them to see if they have her stuff then that's up to her but like Audri and Yummy said it's not safe or reasonable to ask her to do that for you.

Personally I would contact BadDragon directly if you're the one who made the transaction and see if they can help since the address was wrong and it was a gift. You might just have to eat the money though.
Yea, I've already contacted BadDragon but never got a reply.

To be fair this, this isn't an unknown random address; it's a postal box service location and still is (I've since googled the location). I'm assuming her acquaintance just doesn't have an account with them anymore (and she didn't check with them)

If he's a reg and this was for a show there's literally no reason for her to scam him. I've had regs buy me toys off wishlists before, it's pretty normal.
Oh I agree, it is why I asked about how well he knows the model. (As we all know, some guys do go overboard with models they barely know)

I have bought many things for my model friend over the years.

It was delivered so it wasn't about timing (and it was delivered within 1 week of the final confirmation)

e-gifts I find can be hit or miss when trying to get bad-dragons even when gift cards were a thing. Like having the model who forgot to click the cum-tube option and picked the solid black instead of the stylized color option. Tokens have a similar issue.

There is one model who had a goal for 5000 tokens for a bad dragon flared chance...I tipped about 1500tks towards it but someone did 2500tks and upon her learning it was sold out gave him the option to pick a different one, and he chose a non-bad dragon dildo [fully abandoned that model after that, given her justification was he tipped the most and he didn't like bad dragons]

Yea, I've already contacted BadDragon but never got a reply.

To be fair this, this isn't an unknown random address; it's a postal box service location and still is (I've since googled the location). I'm assuming her acquaintance just doesn't have an account with them anymore (and she didn't check with them)

That sucks, but I'm not sure what else we can suggest to you. It also sucks that the website is giving you an error page when you go to the e-gift card section, because that really would've been the best option for you. Otherwise, like I said before, you'd have to just tip her enough for (After the cam site takes their cut) the dildo + the shipping costs. And since a lot of these cam sites only give the model half the money, that would mean you spending twice as much just so she can buy this dildo. I went to the website just now to look for the e-gift card section, and I can't seem to find anything on there about e-gift cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.