AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Using Text Chat in Separate Window / Partnership Camming?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SimplicityOfEmily

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 22, 2019
Denver, Colorado
Chaturbate Username
simplicityofemily
Hey all.

So, my friend is doing all of my back-end, and one of the things he's handling right now is sitting in the chatroom with me, to monitor PMs and boot people and deal with my bots and all that.

The problem is, most of the time it seems alright. But, since we're at two locations and he's logging in while I'm Broadcasting, sometimes it will boot me off. Then we have trouble getting me back on and it's a whole disaster.

The only reason it's happening is something to do with how it's trying to access the cam-broadcast when my friend only wants to use the chat portion of it.

Does anyone have solutons for this kind of thing? It's also just for ME. I'd like to have my cam stuff in one window and my text chat in another--unattached to the website, if possible. Just so I can see it clearly and cleanly.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Why doesn’t he create his own account and username & make him your mod? What you described that he’s doing is exactly what mods have capability of doing, except monitoring your PMs. Hopefully you’re charging for PMs, so you aren’t spending all of your time on that tab.

Upvote 0
Why doesn’t he create his own account and username & make him your mod? What you described that he’s doing is exactly what mods have capability of doing, except monitoring your PMs. Hopefully you’re charging for PMs, so you aren’t spending all of your time on that tab.
THis.

If people catch wind that someone else is in your PM window, you're gonna make a bad name for yourself.

Upvote 0
Well, that stinks. Just looked it up. I'm not savvy with tech stuff or any of the backend things. Doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be allowed to do it... it's not like it's scamming anyone or messing with stuff in a bad way. But I guess we have to stop doing that. This is a pain.

Upvote 0
Well, that stinks. Just looked it up. I'm not savvy with tech stuff or any of the backend things. Doesn't make sense to me that you wouldn't be allowed to do it... it's not like it's scamming anyone or messing with stuff in a bad way. But I guess we have to stop doing that. This is a pain.
Just make him your mod. It really is a simple fix.

Upvote 0
If you really don't want to make him mod, as you want him to respond to PMs or stuff mods can't do, you could use something like TeamViewer so he can access your screen from another pc/laptop without it kicking you from the chat, or him from the chat. I am sure there are other things similar to TeamViewer that may be as good/better, but I only know of TV for screen sharing.

Upvote 0
The reason it can get you banned is because Chaturbate has no way to determine whether he is your friend helping you or someone stealing your ID. If it the second they would get access to your payment information and to your account balance and could then use this to wire themselves your funds. It happens more frequently than it should

Upvote 0
TeamViewer so he can access your screen from another pc/laptop without it kicking you from the chat, or him from the chat. I am sure there are other things similar to TeamViewer that may be as good/better, but I only know of TV for screen sharing.

Yah, but that also means he has access to her computer. And it may work as a backdoor. Or he can add a backdoor.

Upvote 0
Just make him a moderator on his own account as suggested. He can silence inappropriate people and with many bots you can issue him additional controls of room counts and more. I think most people are OK with a moderator answering common questions (pricing, etc.) on behalf of the model.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yah, but that also means he has access to her computer. And it may work as a backdoor. Or he can add a backdoor.

I guess it ultimately depends on how well she knows the friend; how long they have been friends; if they are only friends online or if they are close friends in real life.
I would say: if you truly trust your friend, and I mean truly trust them, TeamViewer or similar is the best way IF you want him to see/reply to PMs. If you have any small doubt that he MAY do something bad if you was to fall out or even without, then don't.

Upvote 0
Just make him a moderator on his own account as suggested. He can silence inappropriate people and with many bots you can issue him additional controls of room counts and more. I think most people are OK with a moderator answering common questions (pricing, etc.) on behalf of the model.

Definitely not always. You will always get the odd moron saying stuff like "I was talking to you..." and/or "what are you, her pimp?"
I used to respond to them with some sarcastic comment but soon learned to ignore them, Usually those kind of guys are the ones who just want the free c2c, or "let me see your ass then i will take you pvt".

Upvote 0
I guess it ultimately depends on how well she knows the friend; how long they have been friends; if they are only friends online or if they are close friends in real life.
I would say: if you truly trust your friend, and I mean truly trust them, TeamViewer or similar is the best way IF you want him to see/reply to PMs. If you have any small doubt that he MAY do something bad if you was to fall out or even without, then don't.

Doesn't matter. In terms of this, I sure as fuck wouldn't let anyone into personal info such as billing, real name, etc. too many "friends", and even relationships fall apart and then said "friend" has access to the stuff. Those who will screw someone over are those they know personally on some level. Has happened to me way too many times.

Oh, and I'll also add that if I ever caught wind of someone else responding to PMs than the model, G-O-O-D-B-Y-E!!! If a model's so overwhelmed with PM's, she needs to start charging for them so as to reduce the bullshitters who're wasting her time. If I paid for a PM, and I get a response while I can see her hands (no lag), it'll be a nice public message to the chatroom then I'm gone. Some things I'll tolerate. But, impersonation and misleading of someone else, when discussing things in confidence is a huge deal for me.

Upvote 0
Definitely not always. You will always get the odd moron saying stuff like "I was talking to you..." and/or "what are you, her pimp?"
I used to respond to them with some sarcastic comment but soon learned to ignore them, Usually those kind of guys are the ones who just want the free c2c, or "let me see your ass then i will take you pvt".

I've seen such arrangements go bad. I mean real bad

Upvote 0
I swear I read somewhere in the CB rules that it's 100% not allowed to have someone else controlling the chat (from your account) while you cam.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.