AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video Editing Services??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Should I start the service??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2017
United States
Hey guys!
So I recently had to stop camming due to life circumstances but I really really reaalllly don't want to leave the industry. I love camming and I've made so many friends that I would feel so lost without you guys. So I looked at my skills and realized I'm good at video editing. So I need your advice. Do you think there is a market out there for video editing in the cam world? I would edit, add logos, special effects, etc. Payments would go through mfc and chaturbate for those models. I would also offer FREE services to the first ten cammers that are interested so I can get a portfolio reel made to showcase the types of things I can do. Any advice??

Totes not a model and I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade... but I figured I'd play devil's advocate here.
I actually used to do offer this service. De-noising. Color correction. Custom titles. Watermarks. Sizing and exporting for multiple platforms. Ultimately I had a too few clients with too many videos. And it turned out to be entirely too time consuming to be profitable... especially if I was to maintain any thing close to a reasonable price. Having not been in the room when the video was shot, I had no idea what to look for (cuts) when I received a video from a client. Thus, I had to watch the entire video from front to back in order to figure out what was going on... often with the best communication being "just cut out anything that's not flattering". And when a model makes several cuts/attempts at different angles/changes her mind about an angle/stops to silence her phone/etc... things start to get pretty ragged continuity wise. Certainly not all models shoot this way.
In the end, between my personal work, shooting smut for others and this... I had very little time for anything else. As a result, I just shoot the stuff now. If I'm there, I know exactly what happened and how to make sure it works out in post.

Of course, I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor and I'm all for keeping work in the community. Just figured I'd throw in my two cents in the event that you hadn't considered some of the negatives.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ButtercupBae
Totes not a model and I'm not here to rain on anyone's parade... but I figured I'd play devil's advocate here.
I actually used to do offer this service. De-noising. Color correction. Custom titles. Watermarks. Sizing and exporting for multiple platforms. Ultimately I had a too few clients with too many videos. And it turned out to be entirely too time consuming to be profitable... especially if I was to maintain any thing close to a reasonable price. Having not been in the room when the video was shot, I had no idea what to look for (cuts) when I received a video from a client. Thus, I had to watch the entire video from front to back in order to figure out what was going on... often with the best communication being "just cut out anything that's not flattering". And when a model makes several cuts/attempts at different angles/changes her mind about an angle/stops to silence her phone/etc... things start to get pretty ragged continuity wise. Certainly not all models shoot this way.
In the end, between my personal work, shooting smut for others and this... I had very little time for anything else. As a result, I just shoot the stuff now. If I'm there, I know exactly what happened and how to make sure it works out in post.

Of course, I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor and I'm all for keeping work in the community. Just figured I'd throw in my two cents in the event that you hadn't considered some of the negatives.

Thank you! I have considered a lot of those points you made and I still want to give it a try. I hope to one day move from freelancer status to actually starting a company. Hopefully (fingers crossed) things work out for me. At this point I'm pretty much financially stable so it would honestly be extra income while I build up my reel and my clientele list.

I don't see exactly how you'd make that work in terms of making enough money yet charging an affordable price.

If I were to hire somebody to edit a video for me, I would expect a result that's of pretty high quality. However, each individual video probably doesn't net most models an overwhelmingly significant amount of money. Therefore, you'd be spending a good chunk of time editing videos, but wouldn't be able to charge enough to justify said amount of time spent on the work.

Imagine a model sending you an hour long video that has a bunch of cuts, less than stellar color, too much or too little noise, etc. Now maybe half an hour of that video is usable, but you'll have to not only go through it all to see what is and isn't worthwhile footage, but also spend time editing all that together and correcting the imperfections in video/audio.

I personally don't think there's a large enough market out there for that, but I do wish you all the best if you choose to pursue this. :)

Reactions: Tristyn
Hi! Honestly it's because I don't have the space to do it anymore. I have a toddler and it is insane at my house. I can see me now trying to record and then here comes my son calling mommy mommy lmao. Sooo not sexy. I didn't think about offering branding/logo services. That's a great idea! Thank you for that.

That's the thing that I'm having the hardest time figuring out. I don't want to make it expensive so I've been exploring different options. I thought of a small profit share until the price is paid off but that is wayyyy to much and I don't want it to get complicated. Now I'm thinking of making a patreon account and offering different tiers for edits or they can direct their fans to it to help them get their videos edited. That way they don't have to pay for it. I think I also wanna offer one on one sessions to help those who wanna learn how to edit their own videos.

I will! I just love this industry so much. I would hate to have to leave it. I'm still trying to get my portfolio reel together so if you know anyone who is interested in free editing in exchange for letting me put a small clip in my reel let me know or have them contact me on twitter @TygerLillyxo.

So this is my take.

Most models who are heavily into video editing learn to do their own stuff. Those who aren't capitalize on the amateur thing and submit them, as-is. I just don't think most performers have enough profit margin to hire someone to do their editing for them. This isn't meant to be discouraging, it's just my own experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.