AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Video help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Felicity

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Dec 13, 2010
Okay, so I just got a great new camera so I can do naughty videos in HD.. Well, I did my first video with it and uploaded it into Windows Movie Maker. I watermarked it, and then "published" it to my computer where it automatically resizes it to something not humongous.

I've done this four times now. Everytime I click on it it runs so smoothly but there's no audio!!! I'm about ready to pull my hair out because I just don't know if there is something obvious that I'm missing?

I honestly didn't really understand the mumbo jumbo in the link that you gave me. I've been staring at the computer for a few hours trying to fix this so now its all going over my head now.

But what I did find out is that .mov which is what my camera produces is not supported by Windows Movie Maker which sucks because I was all excited about 1080p HD and all that sooo I guess I have to try and compress and convert it? Its a great big pain in the ass, and I hope it doesn't rape the quality.

I have figured out how to convert it with quicktime pro so I should be good once I get that. And you are right, I've heard some mighty fine things about LovelyLemon's videos too ;)

Bocefish said:
Maybe give a shout out to LovelyLemon, she puts out some high quality vids and seems to know what she's doing.

This is a good suggestion, maybe a model who has done this before can chime in.

Otherwise, I would try the following...in this order:

1. Windows Movie Maker is "ok", and it's worth a try to see if you have the "latest and greatest" version.
2. MS has forums...check them out. Maybe someone else has figured out your problem
3. Double check the S/W that came with the cam. Most come with rudimentary convert/publish features. Maybe the "Youtube" or streaming option.
4. Go back to http://forum.videohelp.com/ ...I used them in the olden days (VCD/SVCD)...lotsa info and pretty good folks there. There's a newbie forum and a conversion forum.

My opinion is that you're going to need to convert the *.mov files to .mp4 or .mpv. You can search Google for converters...some are free!

Good luck!

PS, before you buy Quicktime Pro, check out the reviews at videohelp.com

I use Windows Movie Maker(2.6) to edit my videos as well. It's kind of a long shot but maybe check your audio volume when editing in WMM? Same thing happened to me once and all I had to do was right click the audio track and click volume and turn it up a bit.

However, I am extremely bad with technology... :dontknow: Lol.

I honestly hate Windows Movie Maker, it freezes up my computer almost every time I use it. If you end up using a different program that works better let me know?

I just got a free converter and set it to the best quality... and voila craptastic. lol.. It may be worth spending money on a converter if it gives me something better than that.

Attachments

• horrible.jpg
    horrible.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 105
Could try "AnyVideoConverter" http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

Install it, open the program (AnvSoft in your programs menu), click add video (It tells you to do this) and navigate to video. On right hand side, click the output profile at the top right - choose what you want. Below are a load of settings, probs best leave it at whatever it has chosen for now - it's a first test :) - then click convert.

Play around a little bit with the settings for the output format, the sound, video codecs etc once you get more comfortable :)

As for sound, does playing the file generated by your video have sound in the first place? Check input devices on pc for where sound will be recorded from.

Felicity, try video editing softwares like sony vegas pro or adobe premiere, and make sure to get the latest versions. They support almost any kind of video format, and you can renderize your edited outcome in any of the standart use high quality video formats like AVI and such. I recommend MP4 since you can get loads of image quality in very small files.
Most generical file converters and home video editing softwares ruin your video quality. Try avoiding them. Just my :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.