AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldorian

V.I.P. AmberLander
Mar 3, 2010
I'm trying to hook up my video camera and use it as a webcam over skype - I've done it before a couple years ago and can't figure it out again... I know I had to download some software to allow me to do it.

It's an HD camera (Canon HV20) - I have it connected via Firewire to my machine. But it won't feed the video through the computer when in DV mode like I expected it to.

Does anyone have any recommendations for software to do this (preferably free if I can get away with it, not worth paying for something I'm just playing with). I think I used webcamDV at some point, but I need something that is compatible to Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry I only know how to be a whore on my camera... I'll wait for someone more technically savvy to answer this. :-D

pyrite1965 said:
It may be due to issues with firewire support in Vista. Not sure if Skype will even support a cam over firewire.

Considering I can do it just fine on my Macbook with firewire I'd expect you can with Windows.

It mainly comes down to windows recognizing it as a camera device to record video with. I hadn't messed with it much in vista, but on XP you'd actually see your camera in the my computer window listed after your drives, which you could then open to view whatever the cam was viewing, assuming the cam was on and such.

Once you can get windows to see it and use it in such a matter, Skype should pick it up no problem. I know that doesn't help much, but it's a good "first step" in terms of finding a solution.

Edit- one of my first google-fu results. http://www.hv20.com/archive/index.php?t-1692.html

I figured it out... have to install some drivers to get it to work. Dvdriver was my first try... it was alright.

But then I found webcammax.com - much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.