AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Webcam/Video camera for making vidoes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping because I am currently looking as well... So far, I've read good things about the Canon Vixia g20, the Canon s120 and the RX100 M3.

I have canon t3i and canon vixia g20. I like g20 because it's in full HD and is much clearer and crisper looking than the t3i but the quality of "depth" of t3i is better. The g20 is also way easier to film with since I don't have to manually refocus it every time I move.

I would say if you're looking for a multi purpose camera, to shoot both vids and photos with, go with a dslr. If you are only wanting to focus on videos I would go with a traditional camcorder like g20. I think some girls here use the g20 for photos as well? I don't know how that works though. I think @biancabaker does.

Good luck on your search and let us know what you go with!!! First camera is always exciting :)

I also use the Canon Vixia G20 I would recommend it over the T3i if you do not have someone to shoot your clips since there really is no auto focus- I do not take pics with my G20 but I'm sure you could!

The idea of a dslr scares me, although I don't know if that's reasonable or not. I've always been under the impression that they are more "finicky," that you have to take a photography class to understand all the settings and even then, you can film a whole video and realize it was out of focus... I just want something simple that produces a decent quality result and is under a $1,000.
The more I think about it, the more I like the Vixia, haha. Thank you for the info, ladies! :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.