AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird etiquette.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd post it and the next poster would post something about how they always make sure they have clean boxers on before they go pvt. And we'd all laugh.

This contradicts what you previously said >>>

Wow, went out for the afternoon and got cruficied as expected.

Either you knowingly tried to bait people into giving you negative feedback for attention or you’re completely oblivious.

My bet is on the former.

Well, it's a hot potato that I got burned by early on which is why I don't. Because ultimately, that would be the easiest solution and I'd gladly adhere to it. I didn't come here seeking solutions though, I just thought I'd post it and the next poster would post something about how they always make sure they have clean boxers on before they go pvt. And we'd all laugh. Turns out nobody is laughing.
You are always going to catch flak for mentioning how not tipping is fine and it doesn't matter what arrangements are in place. The only exception is, "she was mean to me or was a bully or I don't like her style." Gracefully exit and never return to that room and you'll hear nary a peep from anyone about it.

Ok , yeah, this is bizarre. Unless they directly asked you to visit them themselves I suggest not doing so.

If this is part of some fantasy you and you and the other model have, don’t involve them without their consent, or bother them at work. Being told to do something doesn’t mean you need to do it.

Ngl this sounds a bit like some bdsm thing that is part imaginary. Remember if you are Interested in getting into BDSM, one of the really important parts is direct communication and consent, for all involved parties.

Do not go to acquaintances cam rooms, unless you have been directly asked to by them themselves.
OK. The use of the word "sent" suggests some kind of game or kink. I can assure you it's not.

These are just three girls who seem to like having a community of users who they all know and interact with (I'm sure they discuss all of our foibles over coffee in the living room when they aren't working) and interact with. I can kind of understand how it could become tense if a user switched allegiance. I mean, it would be pretty insensitive of a user to do so, but well you know how it is.

There is a lot of offline communication as well, which they feature in (photos, videos, general life stories) which would make it even weirder to not acknowledge them. It's an odd line to walk. They're like sisters to the model I visit and while you'd acknowledge sisters, you definitely wouldn't want to see them naked (patiently awaits a model reminding me that this is like one of the most requested fetishes in cam world). Unfortunately the only place you can go to exchange pleasantries is a place where you might see them naked.... Conundrum.

This contradicts what you previously said >>>

Either you knowingly tried to bait people into giving you negative feedback for attention or you’re completely oblivious.

My bet is on the former.
Por que no los dos, senorita?

Reactions: ArcticKitty

My bet is on the former.
I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's not difficult to provoke outrage here. A guy got roasted the other day for asking about a beeping sound.

OK. The use of the word "sent" suggests some kind of game or kink. I can assure you it's not.

These are just three girls who seem to like having a community of users who they all know and interact with (I'm sure they discuss all of our foibles over coffee in the living room when they aren't working) and interact with. I can kind of understand how it could become tense if a user switched allegiance. I mean, it would be pretty insensitive of a user to do so, but well you know how it is.

There is a lot of offline communication as well, which they feature in (photos, videos, general life stories) which would make it even weirder to not acknowledge them. It's an odd line to walk. They're like sisters to the model I visit and while you'd acknowledge sisters, you definitely wouldn't want to see them naked (patiently awaits a model reminding me that this is like one of the most requested fetishes in cam world). Unfortunately the only place you can go to exchange pleasantries is a place where you might see them naked.... Conundrum.
I am so lost. All I can say is just don’t go to their rooms. This is too weird for me. Say hi when you see them and be pleasant on Skype. Leave their rooms alone. Don’t talk on this forum about visiting models and not paying; suggesting or insinuating that that is some thing any models want or needs. Or is in any way a correct social move to make. That is a suggestion, I think you would do good to heed.

The same etiquette rules that apply to every other member here, apply to you too. You are not somehow above or immune to those. Nobody is. That is normal.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's not difficult to provoke outrage here. A guy got roasted the other day for asking about a beeping sound.

You’re on a cam forum with models who have to deal with rude, non-tipping members on a daily basis. When someone makes a post about going to a model’s room and not tipping, and also not giving any context on the original post, it’s common sense that they’re not going to get positive responses to it.

Considering you previously said you knew you’d get crucified, you knew that your post was in poor taste, but you went ahead with it anyway. So yeah, it seems like you’re baiting people for negative attention.

Uuugh.JPG

Last edited:
If all three live together, and call me crazy here, then I would think the mantra they would be promoting would be, "it doesn't matter which one you tip as long as it's at least one of us because it's a shared resource in the house."

Reactions: ArcticKitty
If all three live together, and call me crazy here, then I would think the mantra they would be promoting would be, "it doesn't matter which one you tip as long as it's at least one of us because it's a shared resource in the house."
Well, speaking from experience having lived in shared apartments in the past, while there would be a common split of bills, we didn't view our entire income as a shared resource so I'm sure that would be a factor.

Well, speaking from experience having lived in shared apartments in the past, while there would be a common split of bills, we didn't view our entire income as a shared resource so I'm sure that would be a factor.
Yes, if you have a normal job with a stable salary.

If you're three cam girls in a single dwelling, there's tip sharing/pooled resources happening. It's not like you walked into the Playboy Mansion and chose Holly but say hi to Bridget and Kendra on the way out.

You've certainly walked into something, but not that. I can't wait for the follow up six months from now...no snark intended but I have this gut feeling about this.

Yes, if you have a normal job with a stable salary.

If you're three cam girls in a single dwelling, there's tip sharing/pooled resources happening. It's not like you walked into the Playboy Mansion and chose Holly but say hi to Bridget and Kendra on the way out.

You've certainly walked into something, but not that. I can't wait for the follow up six months from now...no snark intended but I have this gut feeling about this.
I can't help but feel you are suggesting that I may be the next George. I'm 8 months into this so that won't happen. I appreciate your concern though.

A guy got roasted the other day for asking about a beeping sound.

That guy wanted us to help him track down the other cam site that the model was on. Just minutes after joining ACF, he made a thread asking that question. Of course people are going to give him the side eye. Then after he gave some strange explanation of why he was doing it, we tried to help him out by suggesting he do some research on other cam site options (By browsing the different threads on here).

for anyone who is genuinely wondering why the dude asking about what sound was from a specific site was roasted:

it's because we don't know if this model wants other members to follow her to other sites. if she wants members to find her, she easily can list them on linktrees on her social media.

and we don't know if he was a banned member trying to find their other sites to harass her.

he also said other threads people asked, but if he actually read those threads, he would have seen us not so eager to help and negative reactions.

I can't help but feel you are suggesting that I may be the next George. I'm 8 months into this so that won't happen. I appreciate your concern though.
No, I don't think it's a love con. I'm concerned the girls are really bad at running their businesses and there may be some future con, which is why I mentioned a follow up post.

I mean, you do you, man. It's your money, your business. You really hit a nerve with the visit, engage, and don't tip without context as everyone mentioned and the more it was explained the more convoluted it became.

If you have never been on our side of the cam, you won't really be able to understand what it feels like to have someone consistently engage you and sort of use you as a waiting room while your favorite is getting ready to log in for the day.

Without the context of the arrangement, it seems shady. That said, someone needs to tell these girls they should be working in tandem and taking tokens in all three rooms from everybody they can. Plus. In most situations it reduces tax burdens on each individual while maintaining the household and personal wants.

No, I don't think it's a love con. I'm concerned the girls are really bad at running their businesses and there may be some future con, which is why I mentioned a follow up post.

I mean, you do you, man. It's your money, your business. You really hit a nerve with the visit, engage, and don't tip without context as everyone mentioned and the more it was explained the more convoluted it became.

If you have never been on our side of the cam, you won't really be able to understand what it feels like to have someone consistently engage you and sort of use you as a waiting room while your favorite is getting ready to log in for the day.

Without the context of the arrangement, it seems shady. That said, someone needs to tell these girls they should be working in tandem and taking tokens in all three rooms from everybody they can. Plus. In most situations it reduces tax burdens on each individual while maintaining the household and personal wants.
I don't see any future con. They're genuinely nice girls. Although, I'm sure anyone involved in a love con will no doubt also have said that at one time. Ultimately they're just really genuine and friendly and as weird as it sounds, while I have a preference and stronger connection to one of them, I like to know they are all doing ok.

I appreciate that my initial post lacked the full context. Typed as I was dashing out the door to an appointment. By the time I added more context I was already on fire.

I don't use any of them as a waiting room. I spend 5 minutes wishing them luck for their shift maybe once every week and a half to couple of weeks. I view it as being pleasant but I can understand the model take on it. Like I say, I'd happily tip something small but it's complicated by a bit of a storm in a teacup that happened when I "crossed the beams" in the past. Interestingly, I recently logged back into one of their rooms after leaving in a hurry (just to explain myself) only to find that while I was gone, the member who tipped had questioned why I left. The model had patiently explained to him that I was her friend and she'd rather I didn't tip or see her naked as it was awkward for both of us. As I've said, I've always tried to show my appreciation in other ways.

I don't see any future con. They're genuinely nice girls. Although, I'm sure anyone involved in a love con will no doubt also have said that at one time. Ultimately they're just really genuine and friendly and as weird as it sounds, while I have a preference and stronger connection to one of them, I like to know they are all doing ok.

I appreciate that my initial post lacked the full context. Typed as I was dashing out the door to an appointment. By the time I added more context I was already on fire.

I don't use any of them as a waiting room. I spend 5 minutes wishing them luck for their shift maybe once every week and a half to couple of weeks. I view it as being pleasant but I can understand the model take on it. Like I say, I'd happily tip something small but it's complicated by a bit of a storm in a teacup that happened when I "crossed the beams" in the past. Interestingly, I recently logged back into one of their rooms after leaving in a hurry (just to explain myself) only to find that while I was gone, the member who tipped had questioned why I left. The model had patiently explained to him that I was her friend and she'd rather I didn't tip or see her naked as it was awkward for both of us. As I've said, I've always tried to show my appreciation in other ways.
Fair. :) I have people who I refuse to private with for that reason. But, they always want to see me naked. ;)

Edit to add: I wasn't implying you were using their rooms as waiting rooms but it is a frequent occurrence with other members. I'd rather they lurk anonymously than log in and waste my time. This is personal experience, not a projection of someone else's behavior unto you.

Last edited:
Fair. :) I have people who I refuse to private with for that reason. But, they always want to see me naked. ;)
I was actually very touched by they way she explained it as well as by his positive reaction to her explanation. I guess some things in life are just odd and you can't always easily explain why they are the way they are.

Why do you have to acknowledge them in their rooms when they are working though? Seems like if they cross into each others shows then that is the appropriate place to greet the friends to me

There are some good reasons or examples as to why it can be good to visit the model's friends.
In fact, I have a very good one:

I visited Model A and we get on great, had some private shows and have an amazing laugh if I can, helped her understand some things (either about the site or abbreviations or other English words she is unsure about) - she is a great English speaker,r reader and writer, but obviously, she doesn't know all the shorthand and slang.

Anyway, she had a friend starting out on the site (SC) and she asked me if I could visit her and talk/tip etc and welcome her to the site, helping her with little bits if I could.
I did it purely out of kindness, to begin with as I really like Model A, but I also grew to be really close "friends" with Model b too.
(There was never any awkwardness between any of us as Model A was happy that I liked her friend too, and those 2 talk all the time and tell each other everything)

Obviously, had Model A not told me about Model B, I most likely still would have found her myself but I would never have known they knew each other so I never would have had the desire to try to find them.
That sounds fine but it also sounds very different. That is one model giving a professional recommendation for another model to a user they assume will be polite and friendly and she didn’t tell you not to tip her. This seems like business not personal, even if part of the reason is they are friends. It seems a little like if I have a friend in a band and they tell me “my friend Jill has a band I think you would like. They are at the Whisky-a-go-go on Friday, you should check them out”

I guess the thing that doesn’t resonate with me is trying to be a part of a model’s life that much. Sure, I have models I like to spend time with and talk about common interests and joke around. But I don’t think I am really part of their lives and would not feel like I need to be friends with their friends like I would a partner where I really HAD to interact with them

Maybe it’s a me thing, but these are professional relationships to me

That sounds fine but it also sounds very different. That is one model giving a professional recommendation for another model to a user they assume will be polite and friendly and she didn’t tell you not to tip her. This seems like business not personal, even if part of the reason is they are friends. It seems a little like if I have a friend in a band and they tell me “my friend Jill has a band I think you would like. They are at the Whisky-a-go-go on Friday, you should check them out”

I guess the thing that doesn’t resonate with me is trying to be a part of a model’s life that much. Sure, I have models I like to spend time with and talk about common interests and joke around. But I don’t think I am really part of their lives and would not feel like I need to be friends with their friends like I would a partner where I really HAD to interact with them

Maybe it’s a me thing, but these are professional relationships to me
It's a professional relationship to me as well but the personal relationships they have with each other are a big part of their professional online presence. I actually find it a little depressing that there is so much suspicion and backlash around taking a few minutes every couple of weeks to exchange some pleasantries with someone. The default assumption here is that everything is nefarious.

Reactions: Ozzie_
It's a professional relationship to me as well but the personal relationships they have with each other are a big part of their professional online presence. I actually find it a little depressing that there is so much suspicion and backlash around taking a few minutes every couple of weeks to exchange some pleasantries with someone. The default assumption here is that everything is nefarious.
Your wording on OP makes it sound way different than "taking a few minutes every week to exchange pleasantries". You keep trying to fix what you said.

Maybe ask yourself why all of the guys who post here often, you're the only one whose posts keep getting roasted like this. Take the time to re-read what you write.

Your wording on OP makes it sound way different than "taking a few minutes every week to exchange pleasantries". You keep trying to fix what you said.

Maybe ask yourself why all of the guys who post here often, you're the only one whose posts keep getting roasted like this. Take the time to re-read what you write.
Which I've acknowledged. I'm guilty of posting in a hurry sometimes which comes back and bites me on the ass I guess.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Which I've acknowledged. I'm guilty of posting in a hurry sometimes which comes back and bites me on the ass I guess.
Yet you keep asking everyone why they're reacting like this.

Also who the hell posts about this kind of thing in a rush? Did your bus arrive or something?

Yet you keep asking everyone why they're reacting like this.

Also who the hell posts about this kind of thing in a rush? Did your bus arrive or something?
I get the initial reaction. However people were still reacting that way long after I clarified things.

As for why I was in a hurry - I wasn't in a hurry when I started the post but within a couple of minutes I was. Such is the chaos of my life :(

ok, I never said it was nefarious but whatever

But not tipping the models you visit is not "professional." I get they have some kind of weird code about tipping but nobody forces you to visit them in the first place. IMO, it is weirder that you do this than if you restricted your greeting of the models to when you see them with the one you do support.

To me that would be normal and appropriate courtesy

The default assumption here is that everything is nefarious.

When someone has a track record of making off putting posts that seemingly lack any awareness, yeah, their new posts are also going to be faced with a little more scrutiny. And I mean dude, you’re on a forum filled with adult workers, who (like I said before) have to deal with annoying members as part of their job. Do you honestly expect to be coddled here?

And still, no one was overly mean to you. You act like people were flipping out and cursing you out, when the worse that was said was that camsites probably aren’t for you, because you do absolutely blow up situations and make them so over dramatic.

It’s also funny that you’re whining over the feedback you got and how we all are so suspicious and see everything as nefarious, when on multiple other posts you’ve jumped in and insulted other posters/posts.

It’s like you’re trying to do anything and everything to fit in or be noticed, and I get the feeling this forum probably isn’t the only place you exhibit this kind of behavior. I seriously think you should go talk to a therapist, because it’s not healthy for a grown man to constantly need attention and validation from strangers online.

But not tipping the models you visit is not "professional." I get they have some kind of weird code about tipping but nobody forces you to visit them in the first place. IMO, it is weirder that you do this than if you restricted your greeting of the models to when you see them with the one you do support.

To me that would be normal and appropriate courtesy

This. As a model, it's lowkey irritating to have that guy in the chat who never tips, yet always has something to say about your shift ("I hope these guys are tipping you!" or "How is your night going?"). Okay, well, um...you could be one of the guys tipping too, if you care. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.