AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird Racial Stuff on MFC

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very narrow view imo.

Pick out a pet name for your woman. Baby, sugarbutt, sweetpuzzy, whatever she will allow. Now try to call women you don't know by that name. If they don't like it, then you shouldn't be able to call your SO that either? This doesn't wash.
Context is everything. It's dangerous to run around with strange ideas about blanket statements of anything. In this case, the use of N was clearly designed as a dismissive or hurtful insult, as they knew literally nothing about her other that what she looked like; as clear-cut a case of obvious racism as you could find. In this case, where she has complete control over her room and she needs to feel comfortable to do her job, I would suggest instant ban and ignore for life with no further thought put into it.

However, I'm not comfortable with, for instance, any suggestion that N be banned from public discourse, and I feel a little wrong typing "N" instead of the word, for the reasons Louis CK outlined. I've used it before (but never as a term of racist abuse). However, I defer to feelings held by some forum members in this area. I'm not one of these childish people who gets a kick out of typing bad words and watching the predictable reaction of the grown-ups.

Lots of people have lots of opinions that are just not supported by the highest levels of linguistics study, or even some basic understanding of how language works.​

Has anyone else noticed/experienced racially-based requests like these?

* Yes... I used to get it more than I do now but I think many have asked me so many times that they've just stopped. It might also be that I've blocked so many ppl (I mainly use streamate) that the trolls and 30 second stealers just don't have access anymore, or at least not as much. *shrug* I know some are very comfortable with this... It's not my comfort zone so I don't force myself to do it. I do admit that I did at one point because I wasn't making money and doing things very far out of my comfort zone was the only way to semi make something for the day at the studio I was working for since they took such a ridiculous chunk out of what we made, though I would've been better off at mc donald's tbh.

How do I handle them when I think they are particularly hurtful/offensive?

*I think you should handle them in the way that works best for you. If they're hurtful or offensive say so. Many ppl fail to understand or realize things they do w/in themselves let alone how others are feeling. If they still persist after that they're truly dickheads and I'd block the hell out of them. You don't have to be rude about it (unless you feel the situation warrants it or it helps you move on, but I think addressing it in the long run will make you feel more comfortable than holding in feelings). I'm a bit mental so I can be a mixed bag on how I handle this sort of thing. I'm usually nice to the ppl who ask and politely decline... those who just jump in saying nigger, bitch or anything rude... I shut them the fuck down or just go straight to the block button cause I just don't think that's how you should say hello to someone/ you should figure out what someone's comfort level is especially if this is your first time talking to them. How I talk in day to day life is really offensive and crass but... that's only with ppl who I'm very close to who aren't offended and generally get that I'm playing around. Others I'm softer with cause I can't take making someone feel like crap. Most ppl who aren't assholes will understand or at least get that it makes you feel bad and not do that to you anymore.

Is there a rule about equality/harassment on MFC?

*I'm sure there are... I can't think of any off the top of my head though I'm sure others have probably touched on this

Does this happen on other sites as well (if you have experience with other sites?)

*I've been on mfc, flirtforfree, kinklive, cams, naked, streamate and probably every site under the stars... I've experienced it on all of them though I'd have to say kink live was the worse only because at that time there was no way to permanently block them. We all had to cam directly from their studio and go to the manager every time someone was being a dick. They'd be gone that day but your next shift they might be back. I don't know if that policy has changed but I really hope they have something in place to get rid of folks who make you uncomfortable indefinitely. I personally feed off vibes and if the vibe isn't right I just log off cause I don't want to risk being an asshole to ppl who haven't done anything.

If this refers to me, I was talking about myself, not other couples. I don't like gay sex means I don't like fucking women. And I don't care if anyone else does. Just not interested.

I appreciate this clarification.

Unfortunately when people can hide behind a keyboard they feel it's ok to be ignorant. I learned very quick that MFC has its fair share of racist members. My first hour on cam i was called a nigger .. luckily I had an amazing room that helped and supported me from the beginning. I was told how to filter out certain words. Just go to Edit>Profile Settings>Wall Security>List of words to filter out .. and type in any words you feel are offensive.

I get requests for ageplay or raceplay everyday unfortunately.
Unfortunately when people can hide behind a keyboard they feel it's ok to be ignorant. I learned very quick that MFC has its fair share of racist members. My first hour on cam i was called a nigger .. luckily I had an amazing room that helped and supported me from the beginning. I was told how to filter out certain words. Just go to Edit>Profile Settings>Wall Security>List of words to filter out .. and type in any words you feel are offensive.

Thanks for the instructions! I cam primarily on Streamate so I am unable to filter words.

If you filter certain words how does that work though? Does it just not show you the word, or the whole message, or anything from that member? I feel like if someone says something just kind of annoying I'd filter out those words, but for something genuinely offensive I'd want to know so I could ban/block/report that member

Every site that I've worked on that filters words, makes only the word disappear. This in turn normally makes me have to read the sentence a couple of times to understand what was being said. If anything it just reinforces the feels behind the word.

Reactions: CherryChu
I don't think I'd filter the words. On the occasions that a troll pops in to drop an insult, the other members rally around me to defend me and I end up getting tipped more for like the next 10 minutes:giggle:. So, as weird as it may seem, the trolls actually do me a favor.

I'm not sure how the filter works exactly .. I just know I saw the word once and never saw it again. I think if the member types the word in chat it won't let them post the comment. I've never encountered a broken sentence or anything like that. If girls like getting tokens by being degraded and humiliated by members .. more power to you. It's just not the way I like to earn mine.

If you filter certain words how does that work though? Does it just not show you the word, or the whole message, or anything from that member? I feel like if someone says something just kind of annoying I'd filter out those words, but for something genuinely offensive I'd want to know so I could ban/block/report that member
Yes, as hateful as it may be, I would rather just see the word spelled out on my screen. That way, the proof is right there for MFC Model Support (for the screenshot I'll send them later), myself, and the members to see. And then when it's time for me to ban the prick from my room, everyone will know why, and it won't be "Wait, why did she ban that guy? Did I miss something?"

Nobody LIKES getting trolled, but it is a reality we have to accept as camgirls. Trolls get an immediate ban each and every time; I was simply pointing out the upside to it. It's really not that serious.

Filtering words only affects what members can write on your profile, not in your chatroom. Say you add your real name to it (which is a wonderful suggestion to all of you fellow MFCers), anyone who writes your real name in a profile wall comment will have those words disappear after clicking submit. HOWEVER, if they write that same name in your chat, it WILL show up. There is no way to filter words in your chat, unfortunately. You just have to be quick with the ban/ignore. I just wanted to clarify this point so that no other models might misconstrue what the filtering feature does.

I have had instances where people have talked about their "giant 10 inch black cock" but also had their cams on, which I will occasionally click on a cam out of boredom, to see what a person looks like, and close it 20 seconds later. These people are usually white. I can confirm that there are men on MFC who will claim to have "giant black cocks" and they are actually scrawny ass white dudes who aren't even naked. Not sure what they get out of it or what the situation is with that.

On the other hand, I have had black men, who are black, try to get me to say I want black cock or that I need to try black cock after me admitting I haven't had sex with a black man. There is no reason to this, I didn't lose my virginity until I was 19 and have been with the same guy the last 5 years. But anyways, it puts me in a weird position whenever someone is questioning whether or not I "need the black dick" or if I'd want their "big black cock." I always tell people, of any race, whenever this comes up, that I don't desire a penis based on the race of it. That a white person with a nice giant cock could be a serial killer, as could a black man. It seems in the camming world there is a portion of premium members who dismiss that a woman could ever desire a man for anything aside from the size and color of their dick. Honestly my attraction to someone, whether in real life or in camming, is rooted in who they are, not what color their dick is.

This is why I am happy I stopped doing cumshows and being sexual on MFC. It just keeps so many of these people out of my room and now my room is full of people like me, who want to chat, hang out, being slightly nude, and laugh. Not talk about whether or not their "footlong" would break my "precious white pussy."

Off topic, but this reminded me of when I worked for Verizon. At the end of every call, we had to ask for an email address to spam them (of course, we didn't word it that way). This one guy, polite as can be (and sounded white as hell, although that doesn't matter), hesitated before nervously spelling out his email address. Letter by letter. It ended up being "blacknhung4u@whatever.com." I had to choke back a snort after that. So... yeah, I think men REALLY like the idea of huge (black) peni being a selling point for women.

Filtering words only affects what members can write on your profile, not in your chatroom. Say you add your real name to it (which is a wonderful suggestion to all of you fellow MFCers), anyone who writes your real name in a profile wall comment will have those words disappear after clicking submit. HOWEVER, if they write that same name in your chat, it WILL show up. There is no way to filter words in your chat, unfortunately. You just have to be quick with the ban/ignore. I just wanted to clarify this point so that no other models might misconstrue what the filtering feature does.
That makes perfect sense .. it is under PROFILE settings after all. I logged in and added my real name to the list. Thanks for the suggestion and clearing up the confusion.

Has anyone else noticed/experienced racially-based requests like these?
How do I handle them when I think they are particularly hurtful/offensive?
Is there a rule about equality/harassment on MFC?
Does this happen on other sites as well (if you have experience with other sites?)

I just want to know how common this is so I can more adequately gauge how often I'll have to put up with this sort of uncomfortable thing?

I have a dildo that is light skinned. I have had numerous black guys or non white guys, ask for a dark skinned dildo. I did think of getting a darker dildo eventually. I would have never guessed it would have held that much importance though.

When some one insults me really badly I ban them. I would guess MFC would have rules in place for customers.

That makes perfect sense .. it is under PROFILE settings after all. I logged in and added my real name to the list. Thanks for the suggestion and clearing up the confusion.

oh adding my real name is a good idea. I have a few close friends that know where my profile is. I remember of FFF he came in and used my real name out of habit and gave me a power score boost. He said here ______ I just gave you a power score boost. I wanted to brain him. lol

It has happened to me a few times where guys have been a bit racist in my room. Sometimes it's the N word and other times it's emojis like watermelon, fried chicken and a trap. What I usually do is correct their grammar and ban them immediately. Or explain that I'm a vegetarian and ban them immediately. I've gotten an apology once and he seemed sincere so I let him stay. Who doesn't like watermelon? It has a great water content and it's so refreshing on hot days.

On twitter recently I got a reply that said "a white cock would look good inside you" or something like that. I didn't reply but I had the urge to reply "you too."

The thing is I don't favor any races. I even took that Harvard test thing and it said I had no preference with black or white.. I do tend to date outside my race though.

I think the racism on MFC is quite common but you just have to weed out the bad guys and move on.

*and hugs for all the camgirls* it does suck...

Who doesn't like watermelon? It has a great water content and it's so refreshing on hot days.
It's delicious and cheaper than grapes (which I also love!)...that's for sure! :) At my local grocery store, it's like $9 for one freakin' bag of grapes.

It's delicious and cheaper than grapes (which I also love!)...that's for sure! :) At my local grocery store, it's like $9 for one freakin' bag of grapes.

I am now super-appreciative of the $2 bags of grapes at my store. $9 is insane!

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.