AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading / listening to now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMarti

Cam Model
Jul 9, 2017
Romania
kingmarti.com
Twitter Username
@KingMartiCam
MFC Username
King_marti
Streamate Username
Thekingmarti
Chaturbate Username
KingMarti
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000252053/KingMarti/
Noticed we have threads for games and movies / tv people are currently enjoying but not one for books.
So what are you currently reading (or in the case of audio books, listening too).

Right now I am about 1/2 way through The Dresden files storm front, I have listened to the first 3 audio books before hoping to get a little further into the series this time. James Marsters does an awesome job on the narration. I do wish I could find the books in english without having to import them though. Keeping an eye on ebay for a collection of them to come up so I can save on the shipping 😂

I'm rereading the Miracle of Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hanh for the hundredth time. It's an old dog eared copy that I've had since I was young and was my first exposure to the concepts of Buddhism. I tend to live a very spartan lifestyle and don't like owning more than can fit in the trunk of a car, but I've hung onto this book for two decades.

Reactions: KingMarti
Couple hours left of Rise of the Lich King, then on to Sylvanas...

IMG_3542.jpg

I know most of many of these stories from my years of playing WoW and Warcraft, but it's enjoyable to listen to these when I take my walks. Both of these authors are the absolute best of all the Warcraft lore books.

Reactions: KingMarti
I'm reading In The Dream House by Carmen Maria Machado. It's the second one I read from her, this one being a novel that uses a house as an analogy for a relationship. She's just genius. First one was Her Body and Other Parties, which was a short story collection. She talks a lot about women's sexualities, struggles and insecurities and is just soooo talented!

Finished Storm Front, now on to the 2nd book Fool Moon. Only like another 16 books to go for the full series 😂

Dont know if I will get through them all but the other books I want to read I couldn't get into in audiobook form (read them before, or at least part of them or parts of the series) like DeathStalker by Simon R Green, The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks (is it still a trilogy now theres 4 books? the first 3 all still say book x of the night angel trilogy 😂 ) White Wolf / The Swords Of Night And Day by David Gemmell.

Generally not a big fan of audiobooks, I find I get distracted and end up missing a lot because of the passive nature of them, but the books I want in english seem to be hard to come by here and then there's the whole they take up space and are a pain to move with etc so audiobooks it is for the moment.

Reactions: inertvolcano
I’m reading a collection of short stories by Mariana Henriquez in Spanish, and a non fiction book called The Hot House: Life Inside Leavenworth Prison by Pete Early. The book about prison is depressing but it’s the back yard of our society that we wish to suppress I guess. The horror stories by Henriquez are a true gem, I would say Clive Barker level.

Reactions: Lilly_____
I'm almost finished with "A Familiar Sight" by Brianna Labuske. It's a mystery about sociopaths written from 2 different characters' points of view and it jumps time. I'm a person who gets easily confused but I'm able to keep up with it and enjoy it. It keeps you hooked and there's some humorous moments throughout. There's also two more books in this series!

I haven't really been enjoying life for the past 7 months, so someone (a model friend) suggested a short book called "The Love of Life - by Jack London".
She actually recommended this a month or 2 ago and I had every intention to read it. She asked me a few days ago if I managed to read it, I was honest and told her no, but I found it again, but this time I have joined Audible and there is an audible version of it I will listen to soon.

I have tried reading books and I always become really sleepy, my eyes are just so... sleepy from it. I actually went to get my eyes tested because of this, but my eyes are all fine.
So the Audible is good, plus I can listen to it while I go for some walks in the summer.

I have a book called The Chimp Paradox, which I think may be similar or better, I bought this in 2019 but never got to reading it, so I have used a free credit I have on Audible, and will also finally listen to this.

I have 2 Dan Brown books (his latest 2) that I want to read, but just can't because of the whole 2eyes wanting to sleep" issue, - I loved all his other books.

I'm currently reading Ann Lamott's Traveling Mercies. A friend of mine bought it for me as a gift a long time ago (probably 10 years or so) and I'm only just now getting around to reading it. My friend said it was a source of spiritual nourishment for her when she was going through a hard time, and I stumbled over it while doing some cleaning this weekend. Seeing as I'm currently going through a hard time, it seemed like kismet.

I also just read some comics including the new Junji Ito collection "Liminal Space" that just came out.

My reading is a bit delayed due lack of time, but I'm reading The Science of Interestellar by Kip Thorne. If anyone like science and enjoyed the movie, totally recomended.

I'm reading The Occult World, a massive collection of academic articles about esoteric and occult movements through history going back to ancient Greece. It's a tough read but it's interesting and I'm getting a lot out of it.

Been reading vox machina - kith & kin, there are very few books that I read that I can't put down, I already lost 2 days working because I lost track of time (it's turning out to be an expensive book 😂 )

Trying to find one of my all time favorite books Deathstalker by Simon R Green, but it went out of print like 10+ years ago (as far as I know) so its proving hard to track down (at least without people charging a crazy amount for shipping) and I am after the last print run because I like the covers they did for that one (it was actually the reason I bought it in the first place, I just thought the cover looked cool)

I'm trying to get through a couple of books right now so I can start Kushiel's Dagger, which I got for Christmas. It's supposed to be fantasy, but with lots of BDSM, and is apparently a classic. I'm worried I won't like it as I usually avoid books with heavy romance subplots, but all of the reviews make me want to give it a chance.

Finally found time to finish off vox machina - kith & kin. It was a good read.
Managed to get the deathstalker books in ebook format (still havnt found print copies that I dont have to import).
There's a whole bunch of books I used to have that I never got around to reading that I had to get rid of when I did an international move that I am now trying to find again. Daughter of the empire is another one I am currently looking for, I think that series was more popular than the deathstalker series so hopefully should be easier to find.

I'm about halfway through "Confidence Man" by Maggie Haberman. But I keep getting distracted with XHL and now, ACF.:playful:

Couple hours left of Rise of the Lich King, then on to Sylvanas...

View attachment 93169

I know most of many of these stories from my years of playing WoW and Warcraft, but it's enjoyable to listen to these when I take my walks. Both of these authors are the absolute best of all the Warcraft lore books.
I finally finished listening to Sylvanas, so I've just begun listening to this today

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 4.20.07 PM.png

I'm reading Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty, a former Hindu monk. I'm going through some tough times and picked it up on a whim, and it feels really fateful because it's been a huge source of help and inspiration.

Just started Daughter Of The Empire by Raymond E Fiest. Never got through it when I had it in my teens (I used to buy a lot of books because I liked the cover art, but ended up with so many I never read them all).
Also if anyone needs a good ebook reader for android... google play books... I was using 3rd party apps for ages, saw it recommended on reddit and didnt even know it was a thing 😂

I am starting a series on Twitch where I look critically at banned books and why they were banned. I have a whole list - and these are books that are also banned in other countries.
I also picked up Myth America: Historians Take On the Biggest Legends and Lies About Our Past from the library recently. The first essay is about Amerian Exceptionalism. So far, I am really enjoying it.

Currently reading The Expanse books. I’m on Caliban’s War at the moment. I’m big on sci fi.

I got a couple of new books off of my wishlist, made a start on this one, I am finding if mega interesting so far.

Screen Shot 2023-06-07 at 13.59.19.png

What Happened To You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing​

Bruce D. Perry, Oprah Winfrey

Reactions: Lilly_____
I just started the true crime podcast "Suspect" by Wondery. Will hopefully enjoy that enough to move on to season 2, then maybe season 3 of "Dr. Death" since I enjoyed the first one so much.

I know a podcast isn't a book, but taking a break from audio books for a lil bit!

I just started the true crime podcast "Suspect" by Wondery. Will hopefully enjoy that enough to move on to season 2, then maybe season 3 of "Dr. Death" since I enjoyed the first one so much.

I know a podcast isn't a book, but taking a break from audio books for a lil bit!
I really enjoyed Ear Hustle as a podcast. True Crime, but not in the traditional sense. It's a podcast about life in San Quentin Prison and it's made by Radiotopia but with prisoners as presenters and interviewees. It's utterly fascinating.

Status
Not open for further replies.