What are you reading right now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Mar 5, 2018
I just finished the book I posted about 3 posts up ("Dollarocracy" by John Nichols & Robert W. McChesney) a few days ago and if I could, I would make that book compulsory reading for everyone living in America.

It's a very eye-opening description of how the media, money and politics all mixed together has completely corrupted democracy to serve the interests of the wealthiest. (Hint: A country must have a strong independent media who will investigate and report on politicians and their platforms so that citizens can cast informed votes, as opposed to the corporate-owned propaganda "news channels" the United States has that don't investigate, but simply report press-releases put out by whatever political party they favour and present it as "news". In other words, instead of keeping politicians honest and debunking their lies, the media helps them spread whatever spin/propaganda they put out.)

If you want to know why the USA only came in 25th on the list of "best functioning democracies" in the world in 2018 - and why it's not even listed as a "full democracy" - then read that book.

I'm currently reading "Columbine" by Dave Cullen.

May 11, 2017
Terra Firma
Primarily, I'm reading tech manuals and papers for a project at work. Am also reading a book for a class I am taking, as well as a non-fiction health book.

Aug 13, 2019
N/A
View attachment 80774

10/10 would recommend for everyone, but especially for sex workers and female identifying people.
Oh! I definitely want to check this one out! Was it any good? I just finished The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. I'm currently reading The Miracle of a Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hang (his book on Anger changed my life), and I'm starting The Girl who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There." The fairyland books are kids books, but they're amazing reads anyway and I love kids books.

I normally don't read self help books, but I'm currently reading "Stop Doing That Shit: End Self Sabotage and Demand Your Life Back".

I'm on chapter 3 and loving it.

There's a section in my apartment complex's garbage/recycling area where people can put clean things they don't want for other people to grab, so I put my books there when I'm done.

I just finished reading The Silent Patient, which was AMAZING except for the fact that all the reviews printed on the back cover promised "an insane twist like you've never seen before!!!!" And I mean I didn't see all the full details of the twist coming, but the general concept of what it could be crossed my mind :grumpy: I wanted to be truly surprised, damnit!

I'm just starting Sex At Dawn, which is a book that's kind of about the history of how humans interact in terms of monogamy etc. I don't think that's a very good description of it :playful: but I've been hearing about it for years, and have even met people who have to use it as textbook in their human sexuality classes at uni. So it should be pretty interesting!