1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

What are you reading right now?

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by ElletheBelle, Feb 2, 2017.

1. briandf255

22BOOKNICHOLS1-articleLarge-v3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gen

Gen
    Cam Model

3. Ambers Troll

Just finished 'The Manipulated Man' by Esther Vilar again.

4. zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander

I just got The Complete Calvin & Hobbes as a Christmas gift.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  5. Gen

Gen
    Cam Model

I spent the afternoon reading Mister Miracle by Tom King & Mitch Gerards. The art is wicked good.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Femdomava

Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself by Dr. Joe Dispenza - It's fantastic

7. DFT

DFT

Undying Mercenaries series by BV Larson. It's a mix of old tech and proposed. On one hand the troops die - often - and are revived using alien tech they're leasing. On the other, since galactic patent law has locked down innovation the warfare isn't advanced at all.

One of the few contemporary Sci-Fi with a sex subplot that's actually enjoyable, even as the protagonist is a never ending fresh faced recruit; the interactions do evolve even as he doesn't. But then, that's the joy and shame of being reborn at your last save point after battling aliens. 4/10 for sci-fi, 7/10 for telling an enjoyable story.

8. JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander

Just got done reading The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty.

Technically it hasn't been published yet. Due sometime in January, depending on the edition - hardcover, trade, or kindle. But I won a copy in a Goodreads giveaway. Had never read the first book in the trilogy, so I read that quick just to be able to read this one.

So so book. Not bad, but also not something I would normally read. Engaging enough I'll probably read the final one when it comes out. That will most likely be in a year based on how long this one took.

[​IMG]

9. briandf255

I finished it a couple of days ago and it was pretty good... I have to admit I read it because I suspected I would agree with many of the points the author made (and I did), so it wasn't a read that took me out of my comfort zone. :p

As for what I am reading now:

History is the subject I hated the most when I was in school, but I like the most now. (Mainly because history is taught as a course that requires students to memorize names, dates and sequences of events instead of trying to teach the lessons we can learn from the past and to be more aware of how the world/politics works.)

I'm currently finishing up this one - I have about 150 pages left (of the 1147):

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hugs Hugs x 1
  10. DFT

DFT

You have 150 pages left? So dry I never made it more than 200 in. Good on ya, mate.

11. daphnedaring

I'm currently reading a pso book by Amberly (I am re reading it because there is so much info its hard to take in all at once), The Anita Blake Series by Laurel K. Hamilton, and JD Robb's In Death Series. All very good!!! I should read more. I miss it when I get so busy I can't pick up a book!

12. briandf255

I thought it was pretty readable compared to other history books I've read so far. (Having sad that, what they teach in Canadian high schools about World War 2 is pretty basic and mostly involved Canada's role in the war, so a lot of this was new to me.)

I just started this one a few days ago:

[​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. DFT

DFT

Me, been reading the Walt Longmire mysteries - yeah, show was based on them. Working in the winter, chose a setting in Wyoming in the winter. How stupid am I? The folksy approach to crime, race relations and people in general heartwarming. Fingers still froze, but I didn't mind so much.

14. BritneySiren

Cam Model

I’m currently reading the four agreements which I’m not sure if it’s being super helpful by shedding light on some basic principles I’ve already thought of but haven’t put effort into or I’m just upset about things that I’m putting thought into because of the book but eh maybe it’s both

15. Gen

Gen
    Cam Model

Working my way through Tana French’s Dublin Murder Squad. Love her. The stories are a bit cheesy but her characters are excellent.

16. tekwolf

The lesser key of Solomon

17. ForceTen

Another book related to one of my jobs, mixed in with technical articles for the other.

18. CuteCuteEbisu

Cam Model

In reading the manga series Goodnight Punpun It's so crazy good heart wrenching

19. Ambers Troll

Am re-reading The Complete Book of the Rules (Fein & Schneider) from my red pill perspective...scary actually... Rule #1: Be a creature unlike any other.

20. Emberblaze

Cam Model

"Adjustment day" by Chuck Palahniuk.