AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading right now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished 'The Manipulated Man' by Esther Vilar again.

I spent the afternoon reading Mister Miracle by Tom King & Mitch Gerards. The art is wicked good.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Undying Mercenaries series by BV Larson. It's a mix of old tech and proposed. On one hand the troops die - often - and are revived using alien tech they're leasing. On the other, since galactic patent law has locked down innovation the warfare isn't advanced at all.

One of the few contemporary Sci-Fi with a sex subplot that's actually enjoyable, even as the protagonist is a never ending fresh faced recruit; the interactions do evolve even as he doesn't. But then, that's the joy and shame of being reborn at your last save point after battling aliens. 4/10 for sci-fi, 7/10 for telling an enjoyable story.

Just got done reading The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty.

Technically it hasn't been published yet. Due sometime in January, depending on the edition - hardcover, trade, or kindle. But I won a copy in a Goodreads giveaway. Had never read the first book in the trilogy, so I read that quick just to be able to read this one.

So so book. Not bad, but also not something I would normally read. Engaging enough I'll probably read the final one when it comes out. That will most likely be in a year based on how long this one took.

39855052.jpg

I’m dying to read this! It sounds great.
I finished it a couple of days ago and it was pretty good... I have to admit I read it because I suspected I would agree with many of the points the author made (and I did), so it wasn't a read that took me out of my comfort zone. :p

As for what I am reading now:

History is the subject I hated the most when I was in school, but I like the most now. (Mainly because history is taught as a course that requires students to memorize names, dates and sequences of events instead of trying to teach the lessons we can learn from the past and to be more aware of how the world/politics works.)

I'm currently finishing up this one - I have about 150 pages left (of the 1147):

41bF-0YMHSL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm currently reading a pso book by Amberly (I am re reading it because there is so much info its hard to take in all at once), The Anita Blake Series by Laurel K. Hamilton, and JD Robb's In Death Series. All very good!!! I should read more. I miss it when I get so busy I can't pick up a book!

You have 150 pages left? So dry I never made it more than 200 in. Good on ya, mate.
I thought it was pretty readable compared to other history books I've read so far. (Having sad that, what they teach in Canadian high schools about World War 2 is pretty basic and mostly involved Canada's role in the war, so a lot of this was new to me.)

I just started this one a few days ago:

image.jpg

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
Me, been reading the Walt Longmire mysteries - yeah, show was based on them. Working in the winter, chose a setting in Wyoming in the winter. How stupid am I? The folksy approach to crime, race relations and people in general heartwarming. Fingers still froze, but I didn't mind so much.

I’m currently reading the four agreements which I’m not sure if it’s being super helpful by shedding light on some basic principles I’ve already thought of but haven’t put effort into or I’m just upset about things that I’m putting thought into because of the book but eh maybe it’s both

Working my way through Tana French’s Dublin Murder Squad. Love her. The stories are a bit cheesy but her characters are excellent.

Another book related to one of my jobs, mixed in with technical articles for the other.

Am re-reading The Complete Book of the Rules (Fein & Schneider) from my red pill perspective...scary actually... Rule #1: Be a creature unlike any other.

I wanted to read something different, so I switched from history to biology.

254705.jpg

I'm not far into the book yet, but so far it's interesting. It's not as good as "Mind of the Raven" by the same author, though. (I should probably re-read that, too.)

Reactions: paige_orion
I’m currently reading The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. His books are some of the only ones that have made me feel legitimately sick reading them, yet I can’t seem to put them down.

I finished a reread of Jeff Smith's Bone. Great epic fantasy. Truly a contemporary classic, and a must-read for comics fans.

Super happy to see it already mentioned on here but i'm also just nearing the end of rereading the Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle! Anything to do with dragons/magic/knights and all those old-timey things are right up my street

I just finished the book I posted about 3 posts up ("Dollarocracy" by John Nichols & Robert W. McChesney) a few days ago and if I could, I would make that book compulsory reading for everyone living in America.

It's a very eye-opening description of how the media, money and politics all mixed together has completely corrupted democracy to serve the interests of the wealthiest. (Hint: A country must have a strong independent media who will investigate and report on politicians and their platforms so that citizens can cast informed votes, as opposed to the corporate-owned propaganda "news channels" the United States has that don't investigate, but simply report press-releases put out by whatever political party they favour and present it as "news". In other words, instead of keeping politicians honest and debunking their lies, the media helps them spread whatever spin/propaganda they put out.)

If you want to know why the USA only came in 25th on the list of "best functioning democracies" in the world in 2018 - and why it's not even listed as a "full democracy" - then read that book.

I'm currently reading "Columbine" by Dave Cullen.

Status
Not open for further replies.