AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What are you reading right now?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Primarily, I'm reading tech manuals and papers for a project at work. Am also reading a book for a class I am taking, as well as a non-fiction health book.

View attachment 80774

10/10 would recommend for everyone, but especially for sex workers and female identifying people.
Oh! I definitely want to check this one out! Was it any good? I just finished The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making. I'm currently reading The Miracle of a Mindfulness by Thich Nhat Hang (his book on Anger changed my life), and I'm starting The Girl who Fell Beneath Fairyland and Led the Revels There." The fairyland books are kids books, but they're amazing reads anyway and I love kids books.

There's a section in my apartment complex's garbage/recycling area where people can put clean things they don't want for other people to grab, so I put my books there when I'm done.

I just finished reading The Silent Patient, which was AMAZING except for the fact that all the reviews printed on the back cover promised "an insane twist like you've never seen before!!!!" And I mean I didn't see all the full details of the twist coming, but the general concept of what it could be crossed my mind :grumpy: I wanted to be truly surprised, damnit!

I'm just starting Sex At Dawn, which is a book that's kind of about the history of how humans interact in terms of monogamy etc. I don't think that's a very good description of it :playful: but I've been hearing about it for years, and have even met people who have to use it as textbook in their human sexuality classes at uni. So it should be pretty interesting!

I recently finished Hyperbole and a Half. Not a bad book. I wish there were more strong contemporary examples of illustrated-but-not-a-comic books meant for adults.

I've been reading Where Men Win Glory - it's written by Jon Krakauer the author of Into Thin Air. It's about Pat Tillman, the NFL player who quit football to join the army in the early years of the Afghanistan war and was killed overseas. Very good read, but also infuriating.

Just started with The Witcher and I won't lie that the series and the games inspired me. I had the games for quite a while but they are so long so I never got the chance to finish any of them, but the netflix series reignited my interest. Really recommend the book The Last Wish.

I’m almost finished reading Heart Shaped Box by Joe Hill (it isn’t bad but I wouldn’t personally recommend it. Maybe a 5/10.) I’m about to start the Night Circus, which I’ve heard a lot of really good - but also really mixed - reviews about and I’ve wanted to read for a long time.

I just started My Favorite Thing is Monsters. It was the real hot entry into the graphic novel scene a couple years back, and it's easy to see why. Emil Ferris's work is just a force to behold, and it's definitely notable that it's her first book. It is absolutely gorgeous. Her approach to page design is wonderful and unique. Her skills at drawing, and her choice of ballpoint pen as the medium are just amazing. It really looks like nothing else out there.

I guess my only worry is that the story itself starts off from the "depressing misadventures of the lonely outsider kid, as told by a jaded 55-year-old cartoonist -- oh, and also the Holocaust makes a guest appearance, too" trope that plagues alt/art/lit comics. Flipping through it, though, I suspect Ferris will manage to step lightly through the trap of excessive navel gazing.

I'm pretty excited to read this one.

Almost done Six of Crows! Definitely read the Grisha trilogy first or you'd be a bit lost. Also both book series are being turned into a Netflix show, Shadow and Bone!

And if you're into audiobooks, these are very well done. Plus Six of Crows has a full cast of voice actors which makes it *chefs kiss*

Just finished The Night Circus last week and really enjoyed it! I’m almost halfway through The Troop now. (It’s supposed to be a pretty graphic body horror, but I haven’t quite gotten to the gross stuff yet.) I’m going to try to read a book a week this year, and it’s been going pretty well so far. Wish me luck. 👍🏻

Reactions: MarieElise
I'm currently re-reading the Lucky Luke series!

Reactions: DoD404
I just finished The Red by Tiffany Reisz. I found it much more satisfying and much less emotionally upsetting than some of her other work that I have read. In the non-smut world... I'm probably working on at least three novels, one of which is Welcome to Nightvale and another is Hawaii (which I will probably never finish).

wish i had time to read... lol

Being one who's always very busy, most of my reading is work related: Tech manuals, white pages, classroom material, etc.

I've found that having the Kindle App installed on my smartphone and tablet is one of the best things I can do for reading. I take public transportation into work, so I'm reading a novel for pleasure. Stand in line somewhere? Pull out the phone and read a few pages instead of browsing IG, or whatever mindless app so many are doing.

Oh WOW, I just found this beauty! I have a feeling this is gonna be GREAT hahaha.

The Beautiful Poetry of Donald Trump / by Robert Spears

"What if there's another side to Donald Trump? A sensitive, poetic side? Driven by this question, Rob Sears began combing The Donald's words for signs of poetry.

What he found was a revelation. By simply taking the President's tweets and transcripts, cutting them up, and reordering them, he unearthed a trove of beautiful verse that was just waiting to be discovered.

This collection will give listeners a glimpse of the Trump's innermost thoughts and feelings on everything from the nature of truth to what annoys him about Cher - and will reveal a hitherto hidden Donald, who may surprise and delight both students and critics alike."

LMFAO!!

Attachments

• DT Book.JPG
    DT Book.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 1
Oh WOW, I just found this beauty! I have a feeling this is gonna be GREAT hahaha.

"What if there's another side to Donald Trump? A sensitive, poetic side? Driven by this question, Rob Sears began combing The Donald's words for signs of poetry.

What he found was a revelation. By simply taking the President's tweets and transcripts, cutting them up, and reordering them, he unearthed a trove of beautiful verse that was just waiting to be discovered.

This collection will give listeners a glimpse of the Trump's innermost thoughts and feelings on everything from the nature of truth to what annoys him about Cher - and will reveal a hitherto hidden Donald, who may surprise and delight both students and critics alike."

LMFAO!!

Sounds like an unhinged version of refrigerator poetry.

• Funny!
Just finished reading Parable of The Sower (Octavia Butler) which was a really well done dystopian / sci fi - now I've started Gone Girl! I really loved the film but so far I think the book is definitely worth a read in its own right :3

LMFAO!!

HAHA omg I actually laughed out loud

• Funny!
Status
Not open for further replies.