AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What do you do when there's absolute long-lasting dead silence in your room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 8, 2021
I just logged off. Feeling frustrated and angry and anxious.

Half an hour dead silence no one tipped no matter what I tried. Tried to change tip goal, new look, change positions. But viewers in my room just get less and less gradually and no one every tipped. No one talks either. 300 people in my room.

I don't know what to do when this happens. (tried reading erotic story it didn't work.) now I'm in a really bad mood. I always try to think about new ideas and try to change just being afraid of boring my viewers. But this still happens. I really want to curse.

I like to have a very chatty and social room so I understand that frustrated feeling when it’s quiet. It’s hard though because you can’t let it show because then it’s even less likely to have people join in, and it just cycles down. It’s also possible that reading a story makes you seem busy, and they don’t want to interrupt. If it gets quiet when I’m doing something sexy, I’ll make a joke about how all their hands must be occupied all of a sudden *wink.

When it’s just plain slow I’ll let myself take a moment, browse a website like acf for just a minute or two, then just stream of consciousness ramble for a while. There are a few very broad topics that are easy for most to join in like food (what I want to make for dinner, hot button issues pineapple on pizza, what did you guys eat for dinner, I just got a grill I can’t wait to use it, etc. People will almost always talk about food lol) pets (my shepherd and retriever are always barking at something so this is easy. Their differences in personality. Something my cat did) movies (whatever I’m watching, something that just came out in theaters that I want to see, who’s seen it? I never finished game of thrones, is it worth it). Sports is huge. I don’t follow any but just mentioning their existence and asking in general who people root for etc gets people chatting. Once during one of these lulls I mentioned I’d never been fishing and all of a sudden all these users who had never even chatted or tipped me before were piping up about fishing. But the point is- broad, general interest topics.

The chatting may not immediately turn to tipping but it gets the room alive again, and then once there’s engagement I’ll mention my wheel game or keno or oh someone should tip to take my bra off bc this one is uncomfortable, etc.

And if that doesn't work and I feel the frustration is starting to show in my face or voice I’ll log off and take a break, usually saying to get a snack or something like that. A thirty minute lull in the grand scheme of things isn’t that long and I’ve come to think of it as a natural pause when you’re on stream for hours, and building back up to another goal.

Upvote 0
Step 1: Play this song:

Step 2: Make this face:

zooey deschanel pout GIF

Upvote 0

Half an hour dead silence no one tipped no matter what I tried. Tried to change tip goal, new look, change positions. But viewers in my room just get less and less gradually and no one every tipped. No one talks either. 300 people in my room.

I don't know what to do when this happens. (tried reading erotic story it didn't work.) now I'm in a really bad mood. I always try to think about new ideas and try to change just being afraid of boring my viewers. But this still happens. I really want to curse.
Hi, I'm saying that too. Like when something would change. Same problem too. Completely dead at the beginning of July, then it started again. Now from July 18, again the same problem. Some clients have written to me that they have a problem with the cards so that they are probably affected by the same problem with the Paxum sepa card as our models.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
It's maddening, right? When people won't chat in the freakin' CHATROOM, and are just lurking all that time. This is why I have to have music playing at all times when I'm on MyFreeCams. I don't know how other ladies manage to deal with free chat with no music playing at all (Or not even a T.V. show or movie playing). I need music on, and to be dancing/singing/lip-synching while sitting on my bed. But hell, you can even be doing all that, and it's still like pulling teeth to get people to talk in your chat. So any time a member does say "Hi," I'm surprised and happy about it.

When I'm on ManyVids Live (A dead "cam site," but I get on there in case one of my few spenders shows up, and to get more views on my MV store), I've often got my other laptop tuned in to The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. :giggle:

Upvote 0
We find it very frustrating when the room shows a lot of people but nobody is talking (or tipping). It can get very boring even as a couple we don’t want to just start doing things for free. But honestly we sometimes get so bored when it’s about time to log off that we end up going at it anyway.. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
I like to have a very chatty and social room so I understand that frustrated feeling when it’s quiet. It’s hard though because you can’t let it show because then it’s even less likely to have people join in, and it just cycles down. It’s also possible that reading a story makes you seem busy, and they don’t want to interrupt. If it gets quiet when I’m doing something sexy, I’ll make a joke about how all their hands must be occupied all of a sudden *wink.

When it’s just plain slow I’ll let myself take a moment, browse a website like acf for just a minute or two, then just stream of consciousness ramble for a while. There are a few very broad topics that are easy for most to join in like food (what I want to make for dinner, hot button issues pineapple on pizza, what did you guys eat for dinner, I just got a grill I can’t wait to use it, etc. People will almost always talk about food lol) pets (my shepherd and retriever are always barking at something so this is easy. Their differences in personality. Something my cat did) movies (whatever I’m watching, something that just came out in theaters that I want to see, who’s seen it? I never finished game of thrones, is it worth it). Sports is huge. I don’t follow any but just mentioning their existence and asking in general who people root for etc gets people chatting. Once during one of these lulls I mentioned I’d never been fishing and all of a sudden all these users who had never even chatted or tipped me before were piping up about fishing. But the point is- broad, general interest topics.

The chatting may not immediately turn to tipping but it gets the room alive again, and then once there’s engagement I’ll mention my wheel game or keno or oh someone should tip to take my bra off bc this one is uncomfortable, etc.

And if that doesn't work and I feel the frustration is starting to show in my face or voice I’ll log off and take a break, usually saying to get a snack or something like that. A thirty minute lull in the grand scheme of things isn’t that long and I’ve come to think of it as a natural pause when you’re on stream for hours, and building back up to another goal.
But no one replies to me even when I started to talk. Then it gets very embarrassing

Reactions: dunder_muffin
Upvote 0
But no one replies to me even when I started to talk. Then it gets very embarrassing
Yeah, it takes a certain degree of unselfconsciousness, but like anything that takes practice. I ask a question, and immediately start answering it myself ("what are you guys having for dinner? I have leftovers but I want to order pizza blah blah blah") and see if someone else joins in. Even when a room is busy and chatty, I still do this because with everyone's feed lagging at different rates, you're never going to have a "normal" paced conversation like you do IRL. It's always actually just you talking to yourself in the end, even on good days.

But I also like to talk and keep things moving in that way. That may not be your style! I think the important thing is to not let the frustration win, and do whatever keeps your vibe up.

Upvote 1
Tried to change tip goal, new look, change positions.
All of that can help. About tip goal, as well as other apps and bots:

Humans are more important than bots. Most humans agree.

Most bots disagree, and they keep flooding the chat, shifting away the lines written by humans and thus destroying communication.

There are thousands of apps and bots to choose from. Few of them perform all the tasks needed to guide the visitors without dominating the chat by notices.

Visitors often like to answer to each other. It helps if they actually see what other people wrote. And of course they want to see their own lines. You support that by wisely choosing 1 decent app and 0 bots.

Upvote 0
Hi girls, we're here again. So I uploaded new updates to my computer, uploaded everything again. It's much better, more clients, more tokens. Now I come across another problem. I can't use Obs. Obs no longer supports Windows 7. So I'll have to go and buy windows 8 or 10.
I currently use Chaturbate WebRTC.

Upvote 0
Chtěl jsem stáhnout obs z webu Chaturbate, ale nepustilo mě to. Vidím tam, že Obs má pouze okna 8 a 7 okna už tam nejsou. Čekám na novinky z chaturbate.

Upvote 0
Chtěl jsem stáhnout obs z webu Chaturbate, ale nepustilo mě to. Vidím tam, že Obs má pouze okna 8 a 7 okna už tam nejsou. Čekám na novinky z chaturbate.
Just checked the OBS project website and it does say "supports WIndows 8, 8.1 and 10". Wonder if this is just because MS no longer supports Win7 so they only refer to Win8-10?

Upvote 0
Yeah, it takes a certain degree of unselfconsciousness, but like anything that takes practice. I ask a question, and immediately start answering it myself ("what are you guys having for dinner? I have leftovers but I want to order pizza blah blah blah") and see if someone else joins in. Even when a room is busy and chatty, I still do this because with everyone's feed lagging at different rates, you're never going to have a "normal" paced conversation like you do IRL. It's always actually just you talking to yourself in the end, even on good days.

But I also like to talk and keep things moving in that way. That may not be your style! I think the important thing is to not let the frustration win, and do whatever keeps your vibe up.
Yeah totally agree with this one. I was a bartender for many years, so I had a lot of practice making mindless conversation with people and talking about my boring life occurences as if they were interesting.

Even if you feel bored with yourself, you never know who will be interested in what you're doing/saying.

I also try my best to say hi to people by username, it can scare some people off but it can also encourage conversation! I also use Charlesbot on MFC and have set a bunch of little ads to pop up every few minutes, one of them says "Don't be shy, say hi! :)" and I don't know if it helps, but I hope so. I have a very talkative room and never have more than 10-20 premium members at a time, but most of the time having 3-5 regulars is all it takes to keep the convo going.

Reactions: xoxAprilJames
Upvote 0

I put on really troll-y meme music and dance around. Usually puts me in a good mood and then someone enjoying it speaks up to tell me how ridiculous it is lol

The unfortunate thing about camming is that if you look bored or upset people will be less likely to engage with you and the emotional labor demands are high. Sometimes if you can't shake off the bad mood it's best to log off for a while, chill out, have a snack, smoke a bowl, and then try again with a refreshed mindset.

Upvote 0
Just checked the OBS project website and it does say "supports WIndows 8, 8.1 and 10". Wonder if this is just because MS no longer supports Win7 so they only refer to Win8-10?
Hi I have the same problem. I've always used Chrome, but how did the new version 94 update be downloaded. My site stopped working. A friend uploaded my current version of mozilla firefox and the site started working for me. It's not the best, but at least it works. I use windows 7 style and I think it can be a problem. I'm thinking of buying windows 10. Do you still use windows 7? I think it's a problem that I still use windos 7.

Upvote 0
Hi I have the same problem. I've always used Chrome, but how did the new version 94 update be downloaded. My site stopped working. A friend uploaded my current version of mozilla firefox and the site started working for me. It's not the best, but at least it works. I use windows 7 style and I think it can be a problem. I'm thinking of buying windows 10. Do you still use windows 7? I think it's a problem that I still use windos 7.
I found out that you can still upgrade from Win7 or 8 to Win10 for free from MS. If you head over to https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-...to-get-the-upgrade-before-windows-11-arrives/ and scroll down to the heading 'How to download Windows 10 for free' and click on the link in Step 1, that takes you to the MS website.
It then gives you the option to download the installation files to run later, or upgrade the computer you are on in real time.
I was wary of the real-time upgrade, so used an older spare laptop that I could afford to lose if it went wrong, but it worked perfectly, and that device now runs Win10 fine.
But I haven't yet taken the plunge with my main laptop that I use daily.
I'm not a computer tech though, so would caution you to back up everything first, and accept that you're taking a risk when upgrading. Up to you :)
Oh, and you must have a valid licence for the Win7/8 that you're upgrading.

Upvote 0
I found out that you can still upgrade from Win7 or 8 to Win10 for free from MS. If you head over to https://www.cnet.com/tech/services-...to-get-the-upgrade-before-windows-11-arrives/ and scroll down to the heading 'How to download Windows 10 for free' and click on the link in Step 1, that takes you to the MS website.
It then gives you the option to download the installation files to run later, or upgrade the computer you are on in real time.
I was wary of the real-time upgrade, so used an older spare laptop that I could afford to lose if it went wrong, but it worked perfectly, and that device now runs Win10 fine.
But I haven't yet taken the plunge with my main laptop that I use daily.
I'm not a computer tech though, so would caution you to back up everything first, and accept that you're taking a risk when upgrading. Up to you :)
Oh, and you must have a valid licence for the Win7/8 that you're upgrading.
Thanks for the advice I'll give it a try

Upvote 0
There are already a lot of great suggestions, but also, if the people in your room aren't talking then maybe just focus on trying to get new people into your room. Play around with your hashtags, change your outfit, do something that will get you noticed by people who didn't notice you before. Bring in new blood and sometimes that will get the nontalkers talking too.

Upvote 0
There are thousands of apps and bots to choose from. Few of them perform all the tasks needed to guide the visitors without dominating the chat by notices.

https://chaturbate.com/app/startup/synergy/?version=&slot=0

My app Synergy does pretty much everything you would want, aside from games. It can be configured to run 100% silent in most regards (private notices). It even has options to disable specific advertisements/token reponses while you are away/private, etc.

More info here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...he-future-of-transmission.39626/#post-1106504

Cheers,
Cexmental

• Helpful!
Reactions: GraysonDrake
Upvote 0

I usually will keep asking them open ended questions. Listen and sing to music. I plan on having a few diy projects on hand to do when they are quiet!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.