AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not, I don’t negotiate because I try to respect the model’s rates. What irritates me is that I now know she will drop it for a new user (not a regular) at the drop of a hat so I wonder why I am being taken advantage of? Because I have a history of paying her normal rates?

I definitely get how this would be annoying for you as a regular spending member, but it doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to take advantage of you. I wonder if maybe she did it that one time because she really needed to make X additional tokens by such and such time/date in order to make payout? On these sites, we don't get to see our money until we've earned whatever the payout minimum is...by the end of the pay period. If we don't get that amount, the money just sits there until we manage to earn more tokens...'til we've made the required amount to be eligible for payout. On some of these sites that payout minimum is $50.

If she sat in public chat for a while without getting any tips, that could be frustrating for her. If some guy showed up wanting to take her private, but his condition was that she must lower her per minute rate for him, she was probably thinking to herself That fucking cheap bastard...and she probably didn't enjoy lowering our rate for him. But sometimes a decision like that is made because that little bit of earned money can determine whether or not one can pay for this week's trip to the laundromat or not.

I have taken zero shots at her. You have taken that I might change my spending habits as a shot at her.
That is a shot. You can fall out of favor with the content she is producing or the lack of other people tipping her room but don't you dare ever fault her for looking out for herself and taking money where it lies. If you were so hell bent on supporting her you would have jumped in and said "I'll take a private at the original rate." and stuffed that guy 7 ways to Sunday and let her know you were in her corner. But instead you got mad and left her to fend for herself and then blame her for fending for herself. You're not on every minute she is and you checked her because you felt like you were a better supporter. Super toxic.

That is a shot. You can fall out of favor with the content she is producing or the lack of other people tipping her room but don't you dare ever fault her for looking out for herself and taking money where it lies. If you were so hell bent on supporting her you would have jumped in and said "I'll take a private at the original rate." and stuffed that guy 7 ways to Sunday and let her know you were in her corner. But instead you got mad and left her to fend for herself and then blame her for fending for herself. You're not on every minute she is and you checked her because you felt like you were a better supporter. Super toxic.
No, how I choose to spend my money is not a shot. It is a decision and it’s my decision, not anyone else’s

I entered the room literally as she went private. Stop inventing scenarios to paint me as the bad guy, this is all business in both ends

No, how I choose to spend my money is not a shot. It is a decision and it’s my decision, not anyone else’s

I entered the room literally as she went private. Stop inventing scenarios to paint me as the bad guy, this is all business in both ends
You are the bad guy. You're punishing someone for making a living. No one walks into your job and says "welp they gave a discount to this company but not mine so I'm outtie."

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I guess my point is we're sick and tired of you guys trying to find ways not to pay us or abandon us when we put so much into making it all work.

I definitely get how this would be annoying for you as a regular spending member, but it doesn't necessarily mean she's trying to take advantage of you. I wonder if maybe she did it that one time because she really needed to make X additional tokens by such and such time/date in order to make payout? On these sites, we don't get to see our money until we've earned whatever the payout minimum is...by the end of the pay period. If we don't get that amount, the money just sits there until we manage to earn more tokens...'til we've made the required amount to be eligible for payout. On some of these sites that payout minimum is $50.

If she sat in public chat for a while without getting any tips, that could be frustrating for her. If some guy showed up wanting to take her private, but his condition was that she must lower her per minute rate for him, she was probably thinking to herself That fucking cheap bastard...and she probably didn't enjoy lowering our rate for him. But sometimes a decision like that is made because that little bit of earned money can determine whether or not one can pay for this week's trip to the laundromat or not.
Thank you for engaging without making me out to be Attila the Hun.

All of these points (some of which were reinforced by others on this thread) are very valid. My only point was to suggest the (perhaps unintended) consequences of negotiating price in the open. My suggestion was do it in private then it’s not on the surface or in anyone’s face. The other take-away could be (if open to the suggestion) is that discounting has a downside.

Thank you for engaging without making me out to be Attila the Hun.

All of these points (some of which were reinforced by others on this thread) are very valid. My only point was to suggest the (perhaps unintended) consequences of negotiating price in the open. My suggestion was do it in private then it’s not on the surface or in anyone’s face. The other take-away could be (if open to the suggestion) is that discounting has a downside.
I don't PM anyone who doesn't pay me. If you want to negotiate in public, that's on you. It was on him. Not her.

I guess my point is we're sick and tired of you guys trying to find ways not to pay us or abandon us when we put so much into making it all work.
We should always pay you for services requested and rendered, etc. but just like you can block me from your room when you get sick of me (for any reason), I can move my business somewhere else (for any reason). You have no entitlement to that customer. They could just wake up that morning and decide they just want somebody with red hair vs blonde from now on. It feels like that can be the nature of the business sometimes

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
These are koi fish. Giant gold fish. The price tag on the orange and white fish is $350. The ghost koi? $600. Cam models are treated like pests compared to these creatures. Have a heart.

20230111_111844.jpg

Reactions: Hiunds
The dude had tipped a few tokens already. She will usually PM anyone who tips (it’s not on her tip menu).
So? Maybe she recognized his traits awre afoul of TOS.

It might, but as a viewer rather than a model, that's their call.
A negotiated private rate could still help make earnings target that day.
Might also assist newer models, or those seeing big changes in their traffic, with determining what rate gets the best balance between public and private income.
And as another member pointed out, not all privates are equal in terms of additional tips.
ETA: I've had a few occasions where the show took an unexpected turn and lasted much longer that I'd imagined, or where the model was so amazing that I threw many (omg, so many) more tokens that I thought I'd use.
All valid points which I definitely agree. I just don't think the negotiating in Public is the best option. Yes, it's the model's call and they'll know soon enough if bargaining In Public is beneficial to the overall success of their broadcasts.

I really don’t think that’s the issue based on past experience
Okay, here's the thing. You have an answer for everything. You have been given a dozen or more reasons by folks in this thread why she may have accepted the private at a lower rate than what you have paid in the past. These are all being offered up as chances to extend the model some grace, and to help you feel like you weren't wronged, so that you can feel better and continue your relationship with the model which from what you've said has until this point been a positive one. For every one, you have a response for why this isn't actually valid and feel you have a solid understanding of her finances, how the studio affects her business, etc. to a degree which we all find unlikely, and a better understanding than models who have actually spent years in this business and have personally made the decision she made. So it is obvious to everyone except you that you are making the choice to continue to feel wronged. That's why you're coming across as an asshole and getting pushback.

Okay, here's the thing. You have an answer for everything. You have been given a dozen or more reasons by folks in this thread why she may have accepted the private at a lower rate than what you have paid in the past. These are all being offered up as chances to extend the model some grace, and to help you feel like you weren't wronged, so that you can feel better and continue your relationship with the model which from what you've said has until this point been a positive one. For every one, you have a response for why this isn't actually valid and feel you have a solid understanding of her finances, how the studio affects her business, etc. to a degree which we all find unlikely, and a better understanding than models who have actually spent years in this business and have personally made the decision she made. So it is obvious to everyone except you that you are making the choice to continue to feel wronged. That's why you're coming across as an asshole and getting pushback.
There are also blind spots for people who don’t actually have experience with the specific model, how she normally runs the room, etc. for example, do I know her studio’s exact policy on privates? No. Have I seen her turn down privates for a variety of reasons in the past (including negotiations like this one)? Yes.

All the scenarios brought up are possible in many settings and are food for thought for me. None of them so far seem like they fit this scenario, but hey I could be wrong, that’s valid. I would also say that SOME came out of the gate swinging and frankly that is not going to get a positive response from me and I doubt it would from most people.

The thing I didn’t say in the original scenario was this wasn’t the only or first issue with the model, there have been a few things over the last couple of weeks that have had me wondering about spending time and tokens there vs other options. So it’s not actually a case where everything was perfect and now this changed everything

But that wasn’t relevant to the original thing - which to say that public cutting of prices is annoying to some users who do pay full price. I never even claimed she shouldn’t cut her prices when she sees fit. But apparently I am a bad person, an asshole and probably some other stuff I forget over it. That’s fine, everyone is entitled to their opinions

I can see both sides of this argument. There will be situations where models make decisions for various reasons that won't necessarily be evident from a few lines of text chat. Equally, whether you think Hiunds is right or wrong in his assertion, he's welcome to vote with his feet if it annoys him.

I'm a regular with a model and I always ask myself if the price I'm paying is good value for what I'm receiving. If it is then fine. That's probably the more important measure for me. If there's a guy getting a private at a cheaper rate then I have no idea what level of performance he's getting behind the curtain and I don't need to know either.

I do think that once a model and a regular have been together for a long time, these kinds of things will inevitably crop up. It's how you handle them when they occur that matters. I think Hiunds has probably done the right thing by not challenging her and making her feel bad. I personally prefer not to receive or ask for discounts just because eventually that's going to lead to bad feelings on one side or the other.

The main flashpoints I've encountered with different treatment are never about the financials. When you've been visiting the same model for a long time and you get to know each other well then sometimes the mask slips. If she's having a tough day then I could end up on the receiving end. Likewise, if I'm having a bad day, I may be overly sensitive to stuff and take it the wrong way. That's just how life works when two people get more comfortable in each other and take each other for granted a bit. Fortunately, these kind of personal reactions tend to be much easier to move beyond than disputes about money and fees.

Reactions: Highlander884
So this really annoyed me. Luckily it's not something models do often (or not I have experienced). That doesn't make it less annoying though.
A model on Stripchat I visited kept going on about her fan club and telling/asking guys to join it. She was having all these great ideas and things she was going to do with/for it. I bit the bullet and decided to be her first fan member.
Literally the very next day she disabled her account and created a new one!

I know it's only 100 tokens and I am honestly annoyed about it, maybe more than I "should" be, but the only way I can be less annoyed is by chalking it off to "eh, no different than tipping 100 for XX on a menu". But still, it really did annoy me.

So this really annoyed me. Luckily it's not something models do often (or not I have experienced). That doesn't make it less annoying though.
A model on Stripchat I visited kept going on about her fan club and telling/asking guys to join it. She was having all these great ideas and things she was going to do with/for it. I bit the bullet and decided to be her first fan member.
Literally the very next day she disabled her account and created a new one!

I know it's only 100 tokens and I am honestly annoyed about it, maybe more than I "should" be, but the only way I can be less annoyed is by chalking it off to "eh, no different than tipping 100 for XX on a menu". But still, it really did annoy me.
I think your annoyance is more than justified.

And I am sure that you have the right mindset about it 👍 .

This is a disappointing thing, rather than an annoying one.
A model who I visit often, has planned a short vacation to break the winter blues and get away from snow and ice to somewhere nice and warm on the Mediterranean Sea.
I joined her room to see her excitedly telling everyone:
a) exactly which resort she is going to
b) the date of her arrival
c) where she will be staying
One of the members in the room wrote in the chat that he visits that city regularly, and was even suggesting good places to eat and visit. Another replied that he lives there.
I sent her a tip note suggesting that giving out that info could compromise her safety, and she told me I was unnecessarily concerned and should stop sounding worried.
Hmm.

This is a disappointing thing, rather than an annoying one.
A model who I visit often, has planned a short vacation to break the winter blues and get away from snow and ice to somewhere nice and warm on the Mediterranean Sea.
I joined her room to see her excitedly telling everyone:
a) exactly which resort she is going to
b) the date of her arrival
c) where she will be staying
One of the members in the room wrote in the chat that he visits that city regularly, and was even suggesting good places to eat and visit. Another replied that he lives there.
I sent her a tip note suggesting that giving out that info could compromise her safety, and she told me I was unnecessarily concerned and should stop sounding worried.
Hmm.
Because she is needlessly providing entirely too much detailed personal information, makes me wonder if it's true. Her nonchalant response to your expression of concern might imply that she's not worried because she's not going to be there. I hope that's all it is.

Reactions: Vixxen81
Because she is needlessly providing entirely too much detailed personal information, makes me wonder if it's true. Her nonchalant response to your expression of concern might imply that she's not worried because she's not going to be there. I hope that's all it is.
She had already told me about her booking the vacation (just the destination) in a DM a few days before that show, so I don't doubt it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.