AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When she wears her panties over her OhMiBod device (creating a weird crotch bulge) that makes her look like the sexiext pre-op trannie on earth.

1) Most models do what works best for them, pleasure-wise, but sorry you don't like the way it looks.

2) "sexiext [sic] pre-op trannie [sic]"? What the fuck, dude... I don't pick fights on ACF but this comes off as so trans-phobic. And if imagining a lady might be trans is simultaneously turning you on and annoying you, maybe you need to re-evaluate some of your innermost desires and fears.

I think the worst experience I've had on MFC was with a model that encouraged members to troll each other.

A few months after she'd started, she'd picked up an assortment of regulars and one big tipper that liked messing with other members. At one point, the big tipper convinced her that it would be fun if members could tip against each other's tip requests. His first few attempts were playful, cancelling others' song requests and joking about their taste, but he was establishing a precedent...

One night when she'd set a countdown of 2000 tokens, the big tipper wasn't around, but the regulars came together and brought it down to 500 in the first half hour. At that rate, we'd have been done in a matter of minutes, but the big tipper wandered in and tipped 1000 tokens against the countdown. Seeing as we'd just lost two thirds of the progress we'd made and had no realistic prospect of finishing while he was there, the rest of us gave up - she went another half hour without a single tip. Then, despite the fact that we'd tipped 1500 to the big tipper's 1000, he convinced her that the "deadbeats" weren't going to finish her countdown, so she should skip it and go private with him instead, effectively cancelling all of our tips for the night.

I've observed rooms with the counter tips before. I think there was a thread on here about it, but it cannot remember it (and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). At first it kinda seemed fun, but as you had experienced I have seen where the big tipper seemed to just want to flaunt his wealth and countered everything everyone else would do. I felt that it caused resentment among other members. I can also see it putting the model in a weird position. On one hand, she probably wants to keep her big tipper, but on the other hand, encouraging this behavior may lead to her having to rely more on this big tipper if other members start leaving because of the culture.

I have seen rooms with large room counts and where the counter tips created "healthier" competition. From what I observed, there was no single big tipper who was able to completely dominate the room. Either because there were other big tippers able to counter back or just too many other tippers for the big tipper to counter all the time.

I personally do not like the counter tip because I feel that it does take away from the other tipper's contribution, but I will not argue with how a model wants to run her room. I rather prefer tip wars or voting based tipping where each tip is a contribution to their cause versus taking away from someone else's cause.

I've observed rooms with the counter tips before. I think there was a thread on here about it, but it cannot remember it (and I'm too lazy to look it up right now). At first it kinda seemed fun, but as you had experienced I have seen where the big tipper seemed to just want to flaunt his wealth and countered everything everyone else would do. I felt that it caused resentment among other members. I can also see it putting the model in a weird position. On one hand, she probably wants to keep her big tipper, but on the other hand, encouraging this behavior may lead to her having to rely more on this big tipper if other members start leaving because of the culture.

That's exactly what happened and I'm fairly certain it was intentional. Over the next few weeks, the big tipper drove a number of her regulars away, making her more and more dependent on his support. As his influence grew, he started demanding special treatment off-site, too. Though I left before the end of it, I heard he eventually pressured her into a date "raffle" he couldn't lose.

1) Most models do what works best for them, pleasure-wise, but sorry you don't like the way it looks.

2) "sexiext [sic] pre-op trannie [sic]"? What the fuck, dude... I don't pick fights on ACF but this comes off as so trans-phobic. And if imagining a lady might be trans is simultaneously turning you on and annoying you, maybe you need to re-evaluate some of your innermost desires and fears.

What exactly are you offended by?

You are assuming too much and going too hard based on your faulty inferences. Sort of happens when you decide to take offense and ignore what was said and the intention behind what was said. My post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

(1) Your number 1 is silly because I didn't really care what the panty ohmibod faux penis print looked like because it made absolute sense what that model was doing, and that model is sexy AF and has a great personality. I said as much in my 2nd or 3rd post after the one that you decided to be offended by.

(2) Your number 2 is even sillier devolving my post into a microaggression against the trans community, as if I actually imagined the model as trans, hating that and being turned on at the same time. Really? That is what you got from my post? Reading comprehension failure -5000.

What exactly are you offended by?

You are assuming too much and going too hard based on your faulty inferences. Sort of happens when you decide to take offense and ignore what was said and the intention behind what was said. My post wasn't supposed to be taken seriously.

(1) Your number 1 is silly because I didn't really care what the panty ohmibod faux penis print looked like because it made absolute sense what that model was doing, and that model is sexy AF and has a great personality. I said as much in my 2nd or 3rd post after the one that you decided to be offended by.

(2) Your number 2 is even sillier devolving my post into a microaggression against the trans community, as if I actually imagined the model as trans, hating that and being turned on at the same time. Really? That is what you got from my post? Reading comprehension failure -5000.

I'm not going to dive into most of this but, if something really isn't a major dislike super annoying thing... don't post it in the "most annoying thing models do" thread, or else ya know... people are going to assume you think it's the most annoying thing a model does to you.
It's not the "things that slightly annoyed Mikey until he realized the purpose up to the minute diary" thread.

Reading comprehension... ;)

I'm not going to dive into most of this but, if something really isn't a major dislike super annoying thing... don't post it in the "most annoying thing models do" thread, or else ya know... people are going to assume you think it's the most annoying thing a model does to you.
It's not the "things that slightly annoyed Mikey until he realized the purpose up to the minute diary" thread.

Reading comprehension... ;)

Even with that said, her response was very much an overreach full of faulty inferences. Even if ohmibod faux penis upset me and made me think she was annoying and the sexiest pre-op trans ever, the conclusions that she came to were illogical and not supported by what I said. The bigger issue is the amount of butthurt and overreaction that is common with some models. Also, to totally project onto what is said while completely missing the message is a common occurrence on ACF.

Misapplication of a title or thread isn't a reading comprehension failure, it is choosing to use a thread outside of its purpose. Good try-- You get an 85.

Last edited:
*frantically scrambles for a popcorn gif*

giphy.gif

There we go!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, to add to thread: I think I mentioned this before? But it's worth mentioning again. Mass following people on twitter, waiting for them to follow you back, then immediately deleting them so you can boost your numbers is what some people would refer to as "rude and transparent." I've come across way too many models doing this, it's not very becoming of your image and it hurts muh feelsies... I thought we were real friends, twitter told me so! :speechless:

Misapplication of a title or thread isn't a reading comprehension failure, it is choosing to use a thread outside of its purpose.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good gravy man. You're right, you are incapable of being wrong, insulting, annoying or intrusive. It's everyone else, good thing you're not the kind of member to overthink MFC or dedicate much thought to it beyond watching ladies or else her comment might have really gotten to you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Good gravy man. You're right, you are incapable of being wrong, insulting, annoying or intrusive. It's everyone else, good thing you're not the kind of member to overthink MFC or dedicate much thought to it beyond watching ladies or else her comment might have really gotten to you.

No, I'm plenty capable of all of those things. No, it isn't everyone else, it is some people. I dedicate some thought to MFC and her comment only got to me because of how off base it was. I hate when ppl completely project values and attributes that do not exist within the context of what was said. It is so inaccurate.

I don't stroke the world with one big brush of generality and I'm mindful to use qualifiers like some, it is common, a few, several--- Not all.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyLuna
I finally have something that qualifies as really annoying.

When I'm watching a ladies room and she's talking about a cookie raffle she's got going on and it makes me crave cookies when I have no cookies in the house.

SOOOOO annoying!

I had to go make a batch of cookies from scratch.

hqdefault.jpg

I finally have something that qualifies as really annoying.

When I'm watching a ladies room and she's talking about a cookie raffle she's got going on and it makes me crave cookies when I have no cookies in the house.

SOOOOO annoying!

I had to go make a batch of cookies from scratch.

I have seen a model charge 2500 tokens for cookies. My thought process for this is :
a) Spend $200 worth of tokens to get cookies from a cam model
b) Go to the grocery store or make your own for like 1/10th of the price lol

I'll take option b!

I think the cookie raffle leans a bit more towards "the girlfriend experience." If you're a devoted regular to a particular model, really think she's awesome, and then she makes cookies for you? I imagine a fair amount of dudes get the warm fuzzies from that idea. But I can see how it seems ludicrous if you're not in that mindset.

--------------------

I hate when models capitalize off another model's good night. I once had a SM model tweet about me and report my tips on her Twitter feed. Something along the lines of "OMG! Charlotte Lace got a $100 tip just now! Why not use my link to sign up and go watch her?"

1) I rarely got tips that big at the time, and I don't like announcing that publicly.
2) Using your own affiliate link when you know I have my own posted on my Twitter profile? Don't do that.
3) I wasn't asking for your promotion, especially when you're making money off my success.
4) How long were you watching my stream?

I know she was just acting as a promoter in that moment, but another model knows the shitty cut we get already. Seems like a slap in the face to capitalize off somebody in the same boat as you. Not to mention the creepy level of #4. Seriously, how long was she sitting and watching my stream?

My biggest pet peeve ever for cam models is them being late or flaky and not saying anything. My fav cam girl on mfc puts on a great show and is fun to talk with but she is the flakiest girl ever. If she says "be on mfc tonight for sure" there is about a 75% chance (or higher) she won't log on and that isn't an exaggeration. Of course once in a while if you're late or don't log on then that's fine but when its a consistent thing that you tweet "be on cam tonight" or "be on soon" and don't log on then it's a problem. It's common courtesy to just say "Sorry guys I won't be on tonight something came up" or "running behind be on soon".
I can understand this and I'm sure my regs would in part say the same about me. However cam models run their own business and set their own hours. And a lot of us have other commitments. Sometimes we aren't on when we say due to many reasons or late form many others. Its not always possible to let people know. Sometimes I can tweet and sometimes not. I would be nice if guys could understand that for many of us our lives cannot revolve around you and we may or may not lose them as a viewer. If I lose any regs due to this then tbh I don't care. I would rather have a reg that realises I'm human than someone who doesn't understand that I have a life out with camming. Remember you don't know everything about a models private life and don't know what could be going on with her at that point in time.

I can understand this and I'm sure my regs would in part say the same about me. However cam models run their own business and set their own hours. And a lot of us have other commitments. Sometimes we aren't on when we say due to many reasons or late form many others. Its not always possible to let people know. Sometimes I can tweet and sometimes not. I would be nice if guys could understand that for many of us our lives cannot revolve around you and we may or may not lose them as a viewer. If I lose any regs due to this then tbh I don't care. I would rather have a reg that realises I'm human than someone who doesn't understand that I have a life out with camming. Remember you don't know everything about a models private life and don't know what could be going on with her at that point in time.

I think it's okay to expect cam girls to be professional and reliable and be annoyed when they're not though (I'm not saying you're not those things, innit). I don't think members expect your lives to revolve around them so much as they see, they're told, and they accept that this is your job, ya know? I know it's a false equivalence to a degree, but if I was late to work every day next week and then just didn't turn up for a few days after I promised I'd be there on time, I don't think my employer would accept "It would be nice if you could accept that my life doesn't revolve around this job" as a valid excuse. And even if I was self-employed, I'd still want to hold myself to the same standards that an employer would with regards to professionalism and reliability, lest my customers rightly take their business elsewhere.

I completely accept that it's not always possible to make it on cam when you say you will. Life happens. But what anon is talking about specifically is models who consistently (as in 75% of the time) don't log on when they say they will and don't let their regulars know that they won't be there. Respect is a two-way street and I kinda feel that if a model doesn't respect her members enough to take a few seconds to send a tweet about not being able to log on after all (or better yet, not announce that they'll "definitely" be on if they know there's a chance they won't be), she can't then expect that her regulars respect the way she approaches camming. Maybe that's just me though.

.... I don't think members expect your lives to revolve around them so much as they see, they're told, and they accept that this is your job, ya know? I know it's a false equivalence to a degree, but if I was late to work every day next week and then just didn't turn up for a few days after I promised I'd be there on time, I don't think my employer would accept "It would be nice if you could accept that my life doesn't revolve around this job" as a valid excuse. And even if I was self-employed, I'd still want to hold myself to the same standards that an employer would with regards to professionalism and reliability, lest my customers rightly take their business elsewhere.

ITA. One mitigating factor is that many--probably most--of the models who behave this way are very young (late teens to early twenties) and haven't developed the self-discipline and sense of responsibility that being self-employed requires. Most would do fine in a normal job with a boss who makes it clear what the expectations are, and what the consequences are for not meeting those expectations. They could probably benefit from more structure or supervision or self policing by their peers, but I have no idea how that would work in the MFC environment. Some might argue that it's only natural and expected that the responsible models will thrive and the rest will steadily lose business and sink into oblivion. The problem with this unregulated approach is that the prevalence of less-responsible models reflects poorly on MFC and webcam models as a group.

A week or so ago, I posted here about my trouble getting three videos from MissAlice_94. I followed some of the suggestions, and I made a targeted tweet (suggested by @Miss_Lollipop), and also put my request in a small ninja tip note. Last night, having gotten no results, I sent her another tip note. She didn't PM me to follow up, but she did train her camera on her MFC Mail in box, which had more than 3,000 unread messages! She said (to the chatroom) that she gets more than 40 messages a day (wow! -- at work, I get at least twice that, and manage to read or at least sort for followup every one). She is on MV, so all she needed to do was send me links to the videos. Needless to say, I still don't have my videos, and don't expect to ever get them. That's fine; I've certainly wasted larger sums on MFC before. I just don't understand her business model. This experience will make me more wary of buying content from models I don't know very well. @Ann_Sulu suggested extralunchmoney.com which apparently has some sort of provision for escrow accounts to protect from this sort of behavior. Maybe MFC's users could benefit from something similar.

About the flaky models, yes, they suck. They are also the models who do not fulfill their end when making purchases from them. They also are very unorganized.

The models that impress me the most are the ones who are very professional and organized. I'm always impressed by this one model and how she records everything and her system for delivering purchases. Of course she doesn't always come on when she says she will, life happens, but she fulfills every other level of best practices for a model.

What does make me wonder is when models say that they are running a business but don't treat camming like a business. The better cam models are good business women, not just because they make a profit but because of how they run their business. Hobbyist entrepreneurs and bad business owners exist in all industries.

I think that for some models the very personal nature and often unidirectional appreciation that flows to them allows their unprofessional behavior to go unchecked. Luckily camming is an open market and customers have a ton of choices.

I would agree that to not be on time or on cam the majority of the time when you say you will be is pretty crap. personally for me my regs know that if I can get on then I will if not then I won't be there. I treat camming as a business BUT not the way that a lot of girls do, wish I could but I can't. Doesn't mean I'm unreliable or wont send out vids, pics, panties etc. I have kids and they come first. Not saying every model that doesn't come on is like that. Just highlighting that sometimes there are reasons you might not know about. And got to be honest if I'm dealing with a crabby 2 year old who won't sleep then tweeting about getting on is NOT my number one priority, it's not even in my head. For me camming is freedom I do it when I want and when I can and I enjoy it, plus I do it as i don't need to answer to anyone, that is part of what I love about it. Can't speak for every model but I'm sure there are a few who would be in the same boat. You just might not know about it.

Oh and yes guys I know your not specifically talking about me, and I am in no way taking it personally. I just like to highlight that There are models who are scatty and unreliable and others being accused of it that maybe shouldn't be.

I'm the worst at getting on when I say I will. x.x It's horrible. I'll lose track of time. Or an emergency crops up. Or I run to the store, but traffic is bad on the way home. The biggest one is something takes longer than I think it will. I gave up a long time ago at being able to keep a regular schedule.

To be fair, any time I had an appointment with someone, I'd show up, but they wouldn't, so I don't do appointments. And knowing my record with custom vids, I don't do them. (one guy had to wait 3 years for his custom x.x)

• Funny!
Reactions: TacoBelle
Can we agree to not call models who are unreliable and run an awful track record as "running their own business." The barriers to opening a business are not difficult at all, almost anyone can, running a successful business is not an easy feat. I think it does a disservice to those models who do treat their camming careers as a business, to lump them into a group of experimenters and hobbyists. Opening a business is cake, running it into the ground is just as easy. And you're right BustyBonniex, we don't know the ins and outs of your lives, but frankly in my businesses, the majority of my clientele don't care either.

Some models choose camming as a job because their temperaments, health issues or other circumstances make it difficult for them to pursue "regular" careers. Those will likely also be the ones who have more difficulty meeting to their commitments.
Truth!

Doesn't mean that those of us who have problems (me included) being organized or keeping a schedule can't work on it! I look at this page of this thread and take it as a challenge/constructive criticism instead of an insult/complaint. When I deal with other businesses that fail to inform their customers of absence or lateness I get upset, and I don't want to be like that. It's absolutely something that plagues that camworld (and small businesses in general) because of our freedom in our schedules. Honestly, when I cannot keep a schedule I try to be open about it and say, "Hey! I don't have a schedule." It's a simple thing that we can do to make everyone happier.

Not that I'm perfect, I've had my fair share of "no-call, no-shows" before. Forever feel guilty for those. :worried:

I'm not saying you're not those things, innit.

I've been meaning to ask...what does it mean when you say "innit?" It's another way of saying "though," right? I've seen you say it before, and was just curious. :)

I was super punctual as an employee even when I juggled more than one job to pay the bills. The freedom of self-employment is not something I can handle well. My work ethic goes right out the window when pants and drinks are optional I guess. I think that's probably something lots of us struggle with? Add in waiting for the kids to fall asleep and partners and friends who think you can work whenever... ugh.

I'm the worst at getting on when I say I will. x.x It's horrible.

I was bad at that too with MFC. But it was because I got too damn comfortable on the couch watching The King of Queens or something. So I'd end up getting on later than when I said I would. Lol. Eventually I decided to just stop tweeting times I'll be on, and just tweet a few seconds after I've started broadcasting.

I've been meaning to ask...what does it mean when you say "innit?" It's another way of saying "though," right? I've seen you say it before, and was just curious. :)

It's British slang, innit :p

The kids say it a lot. It's short for "ain't it?" or "isn't it?". It kinda turns a declarative statement in to a rhetorical question. Like a less sophisticated version of "don't you think?".

"Oi, 2 + 2 = 4, innit"

It can also be used as an affirmative answer though.

"Ere, mate, 2 + 2 = 4, yeah?"
" Innit, fam!"

moreyouknow.png

I was super punctual as an employee even when I juggled more than one job to pay the bills. The freedom of self-employment is not something I can handle well. My work ethic goes right out the window when pants and drinks are optional I guess. I think that's probably something lots of us struggle with? Add in waiting for the kids to fall asleep and partners and friends who think you can work whenever... ugh.

This is meeeeee.

Especially when I worked jobs that I had to rely on public transit to get to. Thanks to our lovely bus routes, I could just barely squeak into work on time, or be 45 minutes early. I'd rather sit in the break room for 45 minutes playing solitaire on my phone, than have a traffic problem lead to me being late to work.

At my current vanilla job, I request an uber an hour before I need to be at work, even though it's about 10 minutes for my driver to arrive and 3-5 minutes to get to work. If I arrive any later than I do while doing this, I consider myself to be late.

But for sex work? Ha! I'll be at my vanilla job, and plan out my schedule for the night - get ready at 11, on cam by 11:30, stay on till 2, then log off and film till 3. What actually happens? I'll sit on the computer or in front of the TV, realize it's already 12, and manage to drag my butt to either filming or camming, or I just say fuck it and don't bother. Or extenuating circumstances happen. There's so many of those. Migraine, back pain, ovary pain, hip pain - my body is a ball of painful parts and damn it, it sucks. Or I'll come home and my nephew is still awake for the next couple hours, and my sister has a friend or our other sister over, I have to wait for everyone to get to sleep or leave. Or, sister and nephew aren't home yet, don't want to risk them coming home in the middle of me camming or filming, because that time of night I know the nephew will be a stubborn butt who doesn't want to go to bed and my sister will be yelling at him, and I can't have that on cam and don't want to edit it out of clips. I've stopped saying "I will be on tonight" and instead say "I'll try to be on tonight" or wait till I'm actively logging on to mention it.

. The freedom of self-employment is not something I can handle well. My work ethic goes right out the window when pants and drinks are optional I guess.

I'm self-employed and I suffer from this issue! I do my worst work for myself. I also struggle to set a well defined start and stop time. It is a gift and a curse.

I also do a ton of chunking, setting X amount of time to do as much work as I can and then stopping. Stating back is the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.