AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the worst book you've read? Fave/best book? #Hobbies

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19, 2017
Global
Twitter Username
@HazelKlariss
Does anyone have spare time for a book? My disaster was Maestra. I could not read the last 20 pages to save my life, and it had plenty of negative reviews on goodreads but wanted to give it a try. The best book this year has been Queen of the tearling(Erika Johansen). I'm curious what yours are.

In my mind Old Dan and Little Ann are still hollering like happy hounds.

I hate writing bad reviews for indie authors making $8 a book on Amazon, but this once.

I like sci-fi escapism, read a ton of schlock and enjoy it for what it is. Worst book I've read maybe ever, CW Lamb's "Alice" series book one. A deep frozen Marine who hasn't has sex in 200 years making up time with his personal all female staff harem and an AI that plays matchmaker. Also the Earth is being invaded by aliens or something, but he saves the day single handed, while also saving his favorite mistress. I'm just glad it wasn't labeled erotica since it has none, just a daily rotation of who the hero gets to screw while saving the world. Then for fun he kills all the aliens by playing radio in their direction. A "WTF, MATE?" ending to a "you on crack, bro?" book. I admit I am curious how he's going to top this to make a series, but not curious enough to give him another rusty penny.

Reactions: ThePrincessLuxy
I spend most of my reading time in tech manuals, procedure guides, and the like which are related to work. So, much of my reading is non-fiction.

I can't really say what the worst book was, as I don't recall it. Blocked memory perhaps? ;)

But, here's a quick hit list of some of my favourites:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy series: "The Eternal Champion" series of books by Michael Moorcock, "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" books, "Thieve's World", "Dragonlance" (First two series), "Star Wars Ep. Iv, V, VI", "Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy",

Comedic fiction: "Flawed Dogs" by Berkeley Breathed (Same guy who did "Bloom County", "Opus" and "Outlander"), "I Suck at Girls" by Justin Halpern

Military Fiction: "Hunt for Red October" and "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy, as well as a few others I can't recall

Non-Fiction: I'm big into a few themes such as Early American history (Revolutionary war and founding of the nation, Civil War, etc) as well as WW2, Vietnam and Gulf War. Early European history such as Viking, Roman Empire, and Rennaissance era. Add in some hobby books, etc and rounds out much of it.

My favorite children's book: Ferdinand (Still have the one my grandma gave me when I was about two. Read it at least once a year, and give new copies to friends who have children about the same age as I received it)

In my mind Old Dan and Little Ann are still hollering like happy hounds.

I hate writing bad reviews for indie authors making $8 a book on Amazon, but this once.

I like sci-fi escapism, read a ton of schlock and enjoy it for what it is. Worst book I've read maybe ever, CW Lamb's "Alice" series book one. A deep frozen Marine who hasn't has sex in 200 years making up time with his personal all female staff harem and an AI that plays matchmaker. Also the Earth is being invaded by aliens or something, but he saves the day single handed, while also saving his favorite mistress. I'm just glad it wasn't labeled erotica since it has none, just a daily rotation of who the hero gets to screw while saving the world. Then for fun he kills all the aliens by playing radio in their direction. A "WTF, MATE?" ending to a "you on crack, bro?" book. I admit I am curious how he's going to top this to make a series, but not curious enough to give him another rusty penny.

Well it happens, doesn't it?
Sound pretty f-ed but It's one of those books that I'd read just to see how it goes, who knows, maybe it entertains me.....
I like how that sounds!

I spend most of my reading time in tech manuals, procedure guides, and the like which are related to work. So, much of my reading is non-fiction.

I can't really say what the worst book was, as I don't recall it. Blocked memory perhaps? ;)

But, here's a quick hit list of some of my favourites:

Sci-Fi/Fantasy series: "The Eternal Champion" series of books by Michael Moorcock, "The Hobbit" and "Lord of the Rings" books, "Thieve's World", "Dragonlance" (First two series), "Star Wars Ep. Iv, V, VI", "Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy",

Comedic fiction: "Flawed Dogs" by Berkeley Breathed (Same guy who did "Bloom County", "Opus" and "Outlander"), "I Suck at Girls" by Justin Halpern

Military Fiction: "Hunt for Red October" and "Without Remorse" by Tom Clancy, as well as a few others I can't recall

Non-Fiction: I'm big into a few themes such as Early American history (Revolutionary war and founding of the nation, Civil War, etc) as well as WW2, Vietnam and Gulf War. Early European history such as Viking, Roman Empire, and Rennaissance era. Add in some hobby books, etc and rounds out much of it.

My favorite children's book: Ferdinand (Still have the one my grandma gave me when I was about two. Read it at least once a year, and give new copies to friends who have children about the same age as I received it)

Apart from LOTR and The Hobbit, haven't read the rest, so I'll look into them, thank you!
I'll check out Ferdinand on bookdepository, I'll find it for sure!

The Ferdinand movie is in delay again. With all the test audiences and revisions I'm a bit scared how it's evolved.

"Without Remorse" was Tom's best character novel. While it's harder to get into a Soviet era mindset now, "Red Storm Rising" was his war opera: "Cardinal of the Kremlin" was his opus.

The Ferdinand movie is in delay again. With all the test audiences and revisions I'm a bit scared how it's evolved.

"Without Remorse" was Tom's best character novel. While it's harder to get into a Soviet era mindset now, "Red Storm Rising" was his war opera: "Cardinal of the Kremlin" was his opus.
Thank you for your responses, I'll definitely check them out, you really add to my TBR lists man!:)
happy halloween!

I heard about the girl that started the whole Girl boss trend and wanted to read her book before I see the series. I have to say that I could not pass over the first 10 pages of the book. It was too boring to read, so I looked a bit at the series.
hmmm, yeah, I enjoyed that book, and was looking forward to her second. I can see how it can be annoying, so I understand. You mean the netflix series? They didn't do so well....

Sure, why not? I gave up on The Walking Dead TV show: the graphic novel it was based on was highly praised. Kinda wish I'd gone that route.

Though I have a problem with GNs I've tried lately - they seem so clumsy on a phone or tablet. PC was endless scrolling. Is there yet a better alternative to paper?

Jude Deveraux is one of my fav writers,however ,Velvet Angel seems horrible...
On another note got my hand on "A dance with Dragons" so I will start reading it soon hopefully before the next one will be released

Though I have a problem with GNs I've tried lately - they seem so clumsy on a phone or tablet. PC was endless scrolling. Is there yet a better alternative to paper?
Definitely not as good as paper, but I like the Comixology guided view - makes phone/tablet reading feel a bit smoother.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
I think the worst book I've ever read was, Bijoux by Meredith Rich. That was like sloshing through a flood of cliche "Feminine" ramblings, and in the end you realize that you did it for no reason.

I've read so many great books, it's really hard to choose one. I think the BEST book I've ever read was Needful Things by Stephen King, but my FAVORITE book is probably The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DFT
Sure, why not? I gave up on The Walking Dead TV show: the graphic novel it was based on was highly praised. Kinda wish I'd gone that route.

telepathy?

I think the worst book I've ever read was, Bijoux by Meredith Rich. That was like sloshing through a flood of cliche "Feminine" ramblings, and in the end you realize that you did it for no reason.

I've read so many great books, it's really hard to choose one. I think the BEST book I've ever read was Needful Things by Stephen King, but my FAVORITE book is probably The Oracle Glass by Judith Merkle Riley.

King is always a winner!

I just found this Japanese gem in my old paperback books, "Goodbye" by Yoshihiro Tatsumi. Japan has a lot more comics than just Manga and Anime (no disrespect of course) A masterpiece. Just Google it when you can.
View attachment 73285
how do I use multiquote? on another forum they just show up on the comment box, but here I dunno! Will do because I'm a sucker for anything new film/theatre/books related, especially from a culture I'm not familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.