AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the last movie/show you watched?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Trying to make use of my Shudder account so I watched (finished, really) The Poughkeepsie Tapes - which was fine but didn't see the hype and didn't find it that disturbing which was a lot of what I read about it - and Grave Encounters which I was disappointed by and can't understand why it's so highly rated; jump scares with the same scare over and over (ghost with a ScArY fAcE and LOUD NOISE) abound.

Maid on Netflix! I wanted to cry for the first few episodes because you could just feel the emotions she went through. So many things I could almost relate to. Definitely recommend!
This tv show made me simultaneously depressed and anxious. It really put my life in perspective because watching it was both miserable and addicting.

It made me realize how good I have it. I recommend it to anyone.

And to not double post: I recently binged midnight mass. High recommend.

• Hugs
Reactions: Carmita Bonita
I watched a movie I had not heard of but it was out in 2020 "Monsters of Man".
The synopsis for it makes it sound worse than it is, I actually watched a trailer for it before I read info about it, and I personally thought It looked decent, so I watched it.

It has 5.4/10 on IMDB but i think it's better than that, I don't usually pay attention to the ratings anyway, especially if i think the trailer looks good.

Reactions: ToiletAmanako
I watched a movie I had not heard of but it was out in 2020 "Monsters of Man".
The synopsis for it makes it sound worse than it is, I actually watched a trailer for it before I read info about it, and I personally thought It looked decent, so I watched it.

It has 5.4/10 on IMDB but i think it's better than that, I don't usually pay attention to the ratings anyway, especially if i think the trailer looks good.

Will give you my feedback after watching. Thanks for the recommendation though!

Reactions: NotYou
I just got back from Venom 2 and it was clinically bonkers. Absolutely obsessed with it, cannot wait to watch it 30 more times. I wasn't sure how it could live up to how wild the first one was (for a Marvel movie) and it did it by just going Completely off the rails from minute one😭

Watched Freaky last night. (On HBO max) It's pretty good, I like the serial killer twist to Freaky Friday.

Loved Squid Game! I was both excited and anxious pretty much the entire time though. Lol

Started watching the 1st season of You. I like it so far

Now that it's out over here in the U.S., I just watched the new My Hero Academia World Heroes' Mission movie in the theater, and I loved it!

My Hero Academia GIF by Funimation

Law and Order Organized Crime

OMG, Stabler (who's been undercover) has just revealed himself as a cop to that Albanian mob dude (I forgot his name). Whoa! I was not expecting that big reveal to happen this soon at the beginning of the episode. But omg, what a scene! Mom and I were discussing it via Facebook Messenger, and both of us loved it so much that we kept rewinding that scene. Lol.

I am liking this show even more than Law and Order SVU these days. I'm so happy to have Christopher Meloni back as a part of the Law and Order franchise, and he is rockin' that beard!

I watched that new Tom Hanks movie called "Finch".
As you could probably imagine, very slow to get into it and not too much happened. It was boring throughout, to be honest, yet at the same time, I enjoyed it.
It had lots of parts about it that were really stupid and I wasn't a fan of the ending. But the ending leaves it open (possibly) for a sequel so it can follow the robot.

Now I am going to go and watch the new DEXTER, and eat my Strawberry Cheesecake - no better combination, right? haha

A dude in my room tonight was saying Foundation and Dune are good. Idk, I'm careful about what type of apocalyptic stuff I watch, because it gives me heightened anxiety. You guys might like it though. I did like Children of Men. So who knows.

He made the 80s version of Dune sound better (to me), honestly.

Dune is really good. I also loved Lynch's version even with all the problems. The new movie slows things down and gives time for characters and the story to breathe. It could've been even slower imo, but there have already been complaints about the length of this one and it being "too slow". I think there's a decent balance. It's not really apocalyptic. Think of it as being like Star Wars or LOTR - a story set in its own universe.

Haven't seen Foundation yet, but am pretty hyped about it.

yes foundation is great IMO. its kind of apocalyptic but in a galaxy far far away. the storyline is kind of fragmented, but I like that.

Dune looks stunning, but I fell asleep. :) I guess its good, I was really tired. Haven't seen the lynch version although I'm a big Lynch fan.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise
Dune looks stunning, but I fell asleep. :) I guess its good, I was really tired. Haven't seen the lynch version although I'm a big Lynch fan.

Lynch actually disowned his own version of Dune :( It's a bit dated and there are some very serious issues with it, but I love it regardless. Have seen it like 3 or 4 times. It's my favorite genre (scifi/fantasy) so have greater tolerance for flaws.

Yeah, I can't remember the specific words the dude used to describe the newer Dune, but it was something that caused me to think it might actually be too exciting for me, which probably doesn't make sense to anyone who's not in my head. Like the way he described it, caused me to jump to the conclusion that the visuals or whatever would be too overwhelming for me. That's what caused me to believe that I would personally prefer the older version. I may have misinterpreted him, it was at the end of my shift.

Usually, when I watch TV or movies it's to calm down so I look for less exciting, less sensory type shows. Whereas I mostly look for games which are the opposite on Xbox and Switch, to get more fired up, and sensory, you know.

I did a brief google search on both and garnered the impression both shows were about the end of civilizations and "deadly inhospitable planets", which may not be completely, fully what the word apocalyptic means. I guess they just sounded like the type of stuff that might be a bit anxiety-inducing for me, given a lot of the fears and concerns I have right now about global warming, covid etc. And my personal inability to look at sci-fi as separate and in "a galaxy far away". I get too immersed, but that's also kind of the joy for me too, so double-edged sword. Anyway sorry to ramble...bed time... Honestly I'm probably gonna end up watching them both regardless, so *shrug*.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't remember the specific words the dude used to describe the newer Dune, but it was something that caused me to think it might actually be too exciting for me, which probably doesn't make sense to anyone who's not in my head. Like the way he described it, caused me to jump to the conclusion that the visuals or whatever would be too overwhelming for me. That's what caused me to believe that I would personally prefer the older version. I may have misinterpreted him, it was at the end of my shift.

Usually, when I watch TV or movies it's to calm down so I look for less exciting, less sensory type shows. Whereas I mostly look for games which are the opposite on Xbox and Switch, to get more fired up, and sensory, you know.

I did a brief google search on both and garnered the impression both shows were about the end of civilizations and "deadly inhospitable planets", which may not be completely, fully what the word apocalyptic means. I guess they just sounded like the type of stuff that might be a bit anxiety-inducing for me, given a lot of the fears and concerns I have right now about global warming, covid etc. And my personal inability to look at sci-fi as separate and in "a galaxy far away". I get too immersed, but that's also kind of the joy for me too, so double-edged sword. Anyway sorry to ramble...bed time... Honestly I'm probably gonna end up watching them both regardless, so *shrug*.
I think in that sense, the older one and not the new one would have too much visual and sensory overwhelming things for you actually. I mean the old one is very Lynchian with weird visuals and the new one was more of a slow drama in a desert.

• Helpful!
I'm about two years late in watching this show, but I just started watching Mixed-ish (from the creators of Black-ish) on Hulu, and I love it! Watching it right now.

mixed.jpg

I watched episode 2 for Dexter New Blood

I just want to say 2 things that really annoy me about this, it's no spoiler don't worry:

1) I absolutely hated Deb in the original Dexter, she always had one acting face, happy, sad or angry, she would always be swearing and have such a sour face constantly. She was extremely annoying as a character.
I didn't realise she would be in this New Blood version because of how the original ended, but she is!! She has replaced the voice of Harry in his head. So she makes this so much less enjoyable!

2) Every time Deb makes an appearance in Dexter's mind/subconscious, it's weird: when they are indoors she has no jacket on, when they are outdoors in the snow, she has a jacket and gloves on.
If she is just his subconscious, then why is he dressing her up or down? Leave her how he remembers her. Yes yes I get the reason why they do it, for the real actress, but it still annoys me like crazy :p

• Funny!