AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What was the video game that turned you into a gamer?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, I played games for hours and hours as a kid when I had access to consoles, but I think every kid did that in my generation. I remember Crash Bandicoot and JSRF fondly! But as an adult? Fallout 3, hands down, nothing before or since can compare. I was absolutely sucked into the world within the first hour of playing. It introduced me to PC gaming and how fun mods can be! Hell, the Fallout universe still captures me ten years later... I just got done playing FO4 for like 12 hours as a little treat for myself on my day off. :D

1992 a 5 year old kid found the wonder of the Sega Mega Drive and Sonic 2 :smug: I was the 1st in his family to make it past stage 3 and just to add I still hate stage 2 :mad:
1*fOf0Azg_X0as7C1ZMP3Zmw.gif
1*G3Z8uoSJ6ZL6GJwnCOIl8Q.gif

1992 a 5 year old kid found the wonder of the Sega Mega Drive and Sonic 2 :smug: I was the 1st in his family to make it past stage 3 and just to add I still hate stage 2 :mad:
1*fOf0Azg_X0as7C1ZMP3Zmw.gif
1*G3Z8uoSJ6ZL6GJwnCOIl8Q.gif
oh my god I had completely forgot about sonic games! ugh these games were so fun!!!!

I mean, I played games for hours and hours as a kid when I had access to consoles, but I think every kid did that in my generation. I remember Crash Bandicoot and JSRF fondly! But as an adult? Fallout 3, hands down, nothing before or since can compare. I was absolutely sucked into the world within the first hour of playing. It introduced me to PC gaming and how fun mods can be! Hell, the Fallout universe still captures me ten years later... I just got done playing FO4 for like 12 hours as a little treat for myself on my day off. :D
The fallout series is incredible, I could listen to the soundtrack of FO4 for agggges!

Figured I could add some other favourites from the good ol Sega Mega Drive days
The Lion King
giphy.gif

Probably one of the most difficult games I ever played how they thought a child would be able to do some of the levels I will never know took me freaking forever to finish it

Street Racer
tumblr_oygfjhE7DR1vnaohyo1_540.gif
tumblr_opexj9BAI11wni6p9o1_400.gif

We didn't have Mario Kart in my house back in the day we had Street Racer there is something very appealing about driving round a circuit and punching people out of your way also check out those amazing graphics :hilarious:

Like @Magnolia, I did Nintendo and computer games as a kid, but as an adult, it was Left 4 Dead :haha: I saw my roommate playing it and it looked so fun. We still play from time to time but that roommate introduced me to a whole new world with gaming. Im so grateful to them for teaching me and letting me use their consoles and all their games until I bought my own.

I casually played a lot of games when I was younger, like Pokemon and Paper Mario and stuff. However, I think the first game to ever get me HOOKED, as in, playing for 10+ hours straight, would have been Final Fantasy 12 on PS2. I picked it up in middle school and became obsessed with the storyline, and the gameplay was super fun. It got me hooked on immersive sandbox RPGs for life.

Gen and Bob will probably recognize the names, "Wonder Boy" by Sega, and "Golden Axe".
I feel like today's games make too much sense. Who will dare pitch a game about two Italian plumbers rescuing a princess from a dinosaur, by jumping over turtles in the sewers nowadays? (The joke is taken from Trixx).

Reactions: Kitty1purry and Gen
FF7 Hands down. I even remember watching my mother play for hours on end before I ever even got to play it myself.

Reactions: corsican1 and Gen
First game ever played? The original "Elite", or maybe "Spy Hunter" (BBC computer, Spectrum ZX respectively).

First game I owned and played was probably "Gauntlet", or maybe "Ye Arr Kung Fu"; I think I still have the Acorn Electron and Spectrum ZX in the attic come to think of it O_O

Freelancer

That is one of my favourite games! It was my first "Multiplayer" game and got me addicted. Also the game that got me into modding, which got me into my career as a software developer... Freelancer, I owe you so much :)

Reactions: Kitty1purry
A tie between Pokemon Red and Diablo II. Little five year old me became a gamer because of those two.

And oh my god when I was ten Animal Crossing came out and it's embarrassing how much time I spent playing that. I'm talking probably 5000+ hours.

Probably a few different ones. But, very first one for me was Pitfall and River Raid on the Atari 2600. Used to play at my aunt and uncle's when they bought it new. From there, it was Donkey Kong, Frogger and a few other console games.

As far as PC games, the earliest one for me was King's Quest. But, the one that hooked me was the original Doom. Then, great ones such as Descent and Wing Commander came along and sealed it.

Though, I will say that nothing compares to the arcade games when I was a kid. I can't tell you the very first game that hooked me. But, I used to play a few favourites: Robotron, Bump 'n Jump, Joust, Dig Dug, Street Fighter, Tempest, and a few others. The one that holds the most memories for me was Dragon's Lair.

I played games as a kid, and there were a few I can recall really enjoying for a weekend, but it wasn't ever a primary hobby. I even worked at a video arcade as a teenager, when those were still a thing, but my specialty was the redemption games, that spit out tickets, like Skee-Ball. I don't think I ever got really hooked on a video game until Everquest. That was a game that defined my tastes as an adult, and starting with Morrowind, I've been a big fan of big do-what-you-want open world singleplayer games, especially sandboxes with hearty modding communities.

I've been binging a lot on FO4 lately. I have to turn off my brain when it comes to the universe because Fallout lore is and always has been complete nonsense, but I appreciate it for its weirdness, and I will always be a sucker for a post-apocalyptic setting. Right now, I'm doing a very cheaty and lazy "don't leave Sanctuary" playthrough, where I have about fifty settlement mods installed, and I leave Sanctuary all the time.

Reactions: Magnolia
Born in the early eighties so, I can't remember that which has no beginning. I honestly can't remember NOT being a gamer. That said, playing the original Super Mario Brothers for the first time was a significant emotional event considering I still only had an Atari at the time.

The earliest game I can remember playing was the first Sonic The Hedgehog(Genesis/MegaDrive). And watching was Alex Kidd(Master System)/Mortal Kombat(SNES).

Now the one that really got me deep as I am today was...
B7D2EF64-BBC0-4815-9E03-82352AEB917C.png

You beautiful scary and untamed beast. Love me some Lickers!

Sonic 2. Without a doubt.

I honestly don't remember the first game i played. I was born in 82, my older brothers had an Atari. Pitfall was one of the earliest games i remember... and space invaders :p :p

I honestly never stopped. it's been a life long hobby... I literally can talk video games all day... But i don't want to ruin my sexy image. :p :p

anyways now if you're talking about all time favorite game (series). METAL GEAR SOLID.
metal gear survive can gtfo.

Status
Not open for further replies.