AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Which Webcam Hardware?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensualFreeSpirit

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 9, 2015
US for now
Twitter Username
@SensualFreeSpir
Hi there,

So I have the Logitech 920C I think it is, & it's ok, but I forgot I needed a remote when someone recommended this cam & price is an issue.

What are the things you look for in a cam & which ones are you using?

I work at my desk b/c there's no way I'm typing from my bed plus my laptop is hard wired into my modem, so getting closeups is hard unless I take the cam off the top of the laptop.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I work at my desk b/c there's no way I'm typing from my bed plus my laptop is hard wired into my modem, so getting closeups is hard unless I take the cam off the top of the laptop.

Just a couple things to think about.

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. They make many options for this, but they all let you type (and mouse) from your bed when your laptop is farther away.
81wMFKCb7vL._SL1500_.jpg

USB extension cable. (NOT a regular usb cable, it has one end different, so it's an extension) 10 feet long, works great with webcams too. That plus the length of the cord means you can have the webcam around 15 feet away from your laptop. For under $7 it gives you the ability to do closeups easily.
81l7BEDCdOL._SL1500_.jpg

Also if your laptop doesn't have bluetooth for the keyboard, just search for bluetooth dongle. Your laptop can be made bluetooth compatible for as little as a dollar.

• Helpful!
Reactions: fandango
In my experience using wireless keyboards (and I've used many), Bluetooth ones are unreliable compared to just regular wireless ones. You just need a spare USB port.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I am using a Logitech’s ConferenceCam BCC950 It was pricy but to me it was worth it and has paid for it's self a million times over. It comes with a remote witch makes close ups really easy. I would never go back to another cam I find having a remote very important.

Reactions: AmiGold
Thank you ladies. :)

I'm not understanding how I can see myself in my room (which I'm sure is more than 15 feet away) if am just taking a keyboard & cam with me & no monitor.

I can't find this post I thought I posted, so I'm sending it again.

Right, that's why I don't use wireless.

USB port for what? I'm not following.

In my experience using wireless keyboards (and I've used many), Bluetooth ones are unreliable compared to just regular wireless ones. You just need a spare USB port.

Thank you ladies. :)

I'm not understanding how I can see myself in my room (which I'm sure is more than 15 feet away) if am just taking a keyboard & cam with me & no monitor.

I can't find this post I thought I posted, so I'm sending it again.

Right, that's why I don't use wireless.

USB port for what? I'm not following.

She means a spare USB port for a keyboard. Bluetooth wireless ones sometimes have a little bit of lag, they may not have a very powerful signal to get far away. So a wireless RF (radio frequency, not bluetooth) keyboard is better. But you still have to plug in a little USB dongle that has the radio receiver to connect that keyboard to your computer with those keyboards. So you would need to have a spare USB plug on your computer to make that work. Many laptops today have built in bluetooth. So you wouldn't need to have a spare USB to make one of those work.

As for seeing yourself. To leave your laptop on your desk and have a wireless mouse/keyboard and a long cord on your webcam you would have to still be able to see your laptops screen. If your screen is too small to see from the middle of your room or your eyesight prohibits that, then you could still attach an additional external monitor to your laptop. Probably a 24 inch monitor or bigger would suffice. You just have to make sure your laptop has a monitor connection on it.

But honestly if that is going to be a problem, instead of getting a wireless keyboard/mouse, an additional monitor, and a USB extension cord, it's way cheaper just to buy a longer ethernet cord. It sounds like that's really the only thing keeping your laptop on your desk since you mentioned it's hardwired to your modem.

Here's a cat-5 ethernet cable that is 25 feet long for around $6 with shipping. And they make longer ones too. You want a 100 foot cable that's only $10? Here ya go. They are cheap. Plug that in from your laptop to your modem and you can go anywhere in your bedroom/entire house WITH your laptop.

Reactions: ReinaStorm
Logitech has its own cam software that you can control from your computer. Download the webcam controller, you can zoom in and out and do all the things a remote can do. Buy a USB extender cable as well.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.