AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why do guys down stroke their dicks?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vixxen81

Cam Model
Nov 3, 2022
No snark or judgment, just wondering if the down pull feels more like sex than jerking off?

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I'm the same, never heard of that term before (but hear it frequently at the gym describing laterals).
Guessing it may be if you only stroke downwards from the tip, rather than up-and-down?

Adding: as an owner-operator myself, it's nice to sometimes change grip, direction, speed, left-to-right.
Even flipping your hand upside-down so the thumb is at the base of the grip rather than the top feels very different.

Ok so the guy was standing up and he had his hand on his dick with the thumb and forefinger at the base and was stroking down towards to the floor instead of up with the tip pointed at his stomach.

Ok so the guy was standing up and he had his hand on his dick with the thumb and forefinger at the base and was stroking down towards to the floor instead of up with the tip pointed at his stomach.
Thanks for the extra info! Sounds like what I mentioned in the last line above, it definitely feels different like that - not necessarily better, just different.
Maybe it's more common than I realised?

Thanks for the extra info! Sounds like what I mentioned in the last line above, it definitely feels different like that - not necessarily better, just different.
Maybe it's more common than I realised?

Just seems kind of counter intuitive of how they would have sex with a woman, if that's the preference. We bounce up and down or you guys go in and out so it's like is the down stroke more attractive than the grip up? But yeah I get that it depends on mood and feeling and all of that.

Just seems kind of counter intuitive of how they would have sex with a woman, if that's the preference. We bounce up and down or you guys go in and out so it's like is the down stroke more attractive than the grip up? But yeah I get that it depends on mood and feeling and all of that.
Honestly can't really answer that beyond my own experiences, that for me (at least) it's not necessarily about trying to replicate the same sensation as penetration. I like the fact that the feeling is different, and changing things around just results in a different experience. Perhaps in the same way that the sensations of penetrative sex can be different based on position, angle, rythym, lubrication, etc, and oral sex, hand masturbation by another person is also a different feeling again. All different, all very enjoyable.

Also adding: interested in other's thoughts on this, very interesting question! I also think on reflection that varying the technique can assist in delaying or bringing on orgasm, but maybe it's more intuitive in making those adjustments rather than a conscious "ok now I'm going to switch grip" (or whatever aspect).

Last edited:
Ahh OK I thought maybe that was it, but I try to never assume around here. ;)

I would suggest as Rod said..Different sensations maybe. It is not something I do very often, but any deviation from a guy's "norm" causes differing sensations which is novel. e.g. using your non-dominant hand.

I always called it “overhand grip,” which may not be the correct term for it. I only call it that because it resembles a similar grip in weight training, when you hold the bar with your palms facing down/away from you instead of up/facing you. One is better for pushing down, the other is better for pulling weight upward (generally).

In masturbation terms, I couldn’t tell you what guys get out of it, other than it definitely doesn’t mímic the feel of sex. Personally, it does nothing for me, but that’s not to say it isn’t useful for others. Like @rockin_rod said, maybe that’s the point… less sensation, therefore it helps slow the guy down if he tends to be a quick finisher. Just speculating, though.

I think this is the basic jelquing technique to incresae blood flow to the head of the penis using gravity, the longer he can hold the presure at the head the greater the blood flow, stroke any finger of yours from the base to the tip (palm facing upwards) to see the effect of the blood flow.

I think this is the basic jelquing technique to incresae blood flow to the head of the penis using gravity, the longer he can hold the presure at the head the greater the blood flow, stroke any finger of yours from the base to the tip (palm facing upwards) to see the effect of the blood flow.

Interesting. I hadn’t heard of that before, but a quick google of the term led me to a Men’s Health article about it, and I found this part darkly amusing:

Urologists, it must also be said, generally do not recommend trying jelqing to lengthen your penis. “My familiarity with jelqing comes mostly from people arriving at my office with damaged penises as a result of [it],” says Seth Cohen, MD, a urologist at NYU Langone Health. “Telling someone that they’ve permanently damaged their penis this way is one of the least fun aspects of my job."

Interesting. I hadn’t heard of that before, but a quick google of the term led me to a Men’s Health article about it, and I found this part darkly amusing:
Side note: I once sold a PDF on telegram for this kind of stuff , a grand total of 2 copies sold! priced at £5.99, it was the scariest thing I'd ever done, I went through such hoops to protect my identity, I emailed the passoword to the two customers from a email I dont even use now suing a VPN and torrent browser! I took payment in wire trasfer to a business account that I had years back for ebay (subsequently closed) Phew!

yes there are risks but its complex this topic. Its a Arab/Middle Eastern technique, not recommended by "Western Medicine"

Side note: I once sold a PDF on telegram for this kind of stuff , a grand total of 2 copies sold! priced at £5.99, it was the scariest thing I'd ever done, I went through such hoops to protect my identity, I emailed the passoword to the two customers from a email I dont even use now suing a VPN and torrent browser! I took payment in wire trasfer to a business account that I had years back for ebay (subsequently closed) Phew!

yes there are risks but its complex this topic. Its a Arab/Middle Eastern technique, not recommended by "Western Medicine"

Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

• Funny!
Reactions: deltaepsilon
In all honesty I never really thought about it.
I do use this 3 finger technique as it feels better then the handshake routine, but at the same time I prefer regular sex. I know not to lay on your back for masturbation (u really don't want me to explain why).

I don't know but then again looking at ladies, how many prefer rubbing the clit instead of penetration with a vibrator?

In all honesty I never really thought about it.
I do use this 3 finger technique as it feels better then the handshake routine, but at the same time I prefer regular sex. I know not to lay on your back for masturbation (u really don't want me to explain why).

I don't know but then again looking at ladies, how many prefer rubbing the clit instead of penetration with a vibrator?

I think there was one study that said 85% of women who participated in the study required clit stim to get off and penetration was irrelevant to the process.

I can vouch as one of those 85%. If something is going into my vagina it better be the real, live dick attached to my husband. 😊 Well, actually, he can put anything he wants in there but I'm not grabbing a dildo and going to town on my own. It's exhausting and distracts from the pleasure.

ETA: Read through all of the responses. Great information as usual from you guys and I appreciate the candor. Not having a penis myself, I at first thought maybe it was just about appearance. To make it look bigger or maybe he doesn't like the way the underside looks? But to learn it's an actual thing with a name and a purpose is neat.

It's the masturbation equivalent of that weird grip that old men in working men's clubs have at the urinal.

• Funny!
Yeah I have a few guys who do that too. I find it almost mesmerizing.

I reckon it’s similar logic to why you shouldn’t take a piss against the wind, but I’ll let Highlander confirm. :)

Is this about getting your own cum on your face and being weirded out by it?

I reckon it’s similar logic to why you shouldn’t take a piss against the wind, but I’ll let Highlander confirm. :)
same. i thought maybe to make cleanup easier. i dont like the feeling of dry cum on my skin that was missed during cleaning up

same. i thought maybe to make cleanup easier. i dont like the feeling of dry cum on my skin that was missed during cleaning up
Guess I'm odd man out again on this one, I like it. I won't do it on purpose but if I miss a spot and find it later I smile at the memory of the experience. I've also been known to wear cum stained clothing on cam. Surprisingly huge hit.

Standing always gives me the strongest engorgement, laying on my side is second, and on my back is last. As an older guy who takes longer to cum I've learned the hard way not to extend the time at full swell or try to increase the strength of it - it doesn't make the orgasm any better and it leaves me sore for days, so I'm definitely not doing the down stroke.

I'm always adjusting my stroke to find a sweet spot, some nerves that weren't saturated the last time maybe. Thumb and forefinger stroking the base of the head can be very intense but almost never makes me cum, there are different nerves for that I think. Usually thumb and three gets the job done, that and some awesome visual stimulation of course :)

Vixxen can now pick her jaw up off the floor 😄

Standing always gives me the strongest engorgement, laying on my side is second, and on my back is last. As an older guy who takes longer to cum I've learned the hard way not to extend the time at full swell or try to increase the strength of it - it doesn't make the orgasm any better and it leaves me sore for days, so I'm definitely not doing the down stroke.

I'm always adjusting my stroke to find a sweet spot, some nerves that weren't saturated the last time maybe. Thumb and forefinger stroking the base of the head can be very intense but almost never makes me cum, there are different nerves for that I think. Usually thumb and three gets the job done, that and some awesome visual stimulation of course :)

Vixxen can now pick her jaw up off the floor 😄

Shocked Genie GIF

Um...well. You actually made me blush. Bravo, sir!! Bravo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.