AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Report: My first 12 days on Chaturbate as a male model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2017
. I recently started camming and I'm looking for advice, because to be brutally honest I am hoping to make this almost a primary source of income. In 12 days, I cammed on average every day, a few days off, occasionally twice a day and in that time I made:about $230 and got 340-odd followers.

I know this is pretty pathetic compared to the big name models but I'm wondering if this gives any indication as to my potential as a male model. From what I can tell, it is tough to get over the first initial hump but once you have enough followers and viewers it will get better.

I'm paying attention now in particular to the token game / goal I have set, the specifics of how I lay out the show and these are things I want to work on with time.

Any thoughts?

Reactions: _caesar_
First of all, don't compare yourself to other models, especially bigger name ones! A lot of the bigger name models have invested a LOT of time and energy into building their brand and the community that supports them, while you're just taking your first steps into this exciting world. Comparing yourself to already established models can be absolutely BRUTAL for the self-esteem, and it's hard to thrive when you're demoralized, y'know?

So focus on your hustle and your goals! That's what is important! If you're interested in camming full time, I'd run the numbers. You know how many hours your worked in order to make that $230. Going by that pay per hour average, figure out how many hours you'll need in order to pay all of your bills and put some money aside. Then make those hours your goal. Find your pay per hour average, and then see if you can raise it even higher. Keep camming consistently, and don't be afraid to try out different shift hours as well. Some people average better in the evening, while others do better in the morning. But the more hours you're online, the more people will have a chance to find you. Every hour you spend camming equals new potential customers.

While you're discovering your hustle and figuring out what is best for you, your priority seems to be on the right track! Focusing on how to provide the best show/game experience, and your goals (whether they be hours worked or money earned).

We can't really give an indication about your potential as a model simply by money earned. There are a lot of factors involved that can determine your success, but I think having determination and drive is a huge asset. You know how much money you need to bring in to pay your bills, and you have your own definition of success (everyone does) - so you actually have a much clearer idea than any of us about whether you can meet make a living at this. But I wanted to encourage you to not compare yourself to anyone else, especially those who have had years already to establish themselves. Compete with yourself. Watch yourself improve - that's all that matters. Make your goals. Smash through them. Raise them. Repeat!

Hey!
Im blyv, an age verified male model that also started camming a few days back.
I've been camming since 1 month now and is has been such a cool experience for me until now. Because of the payouts, the hob itself, the community, the support that the cam site offers (Recently was asking about OBS software) and I got replied so quickly!

Is not pathetic at all, any number or amount you do, this is our job and as you said, a primary source so each follower or income really counts!, to increase this number I suggest you to as a new model, in the broadcasting you invite your viewers to do it, by saying things like "Don't miss any other of my show and hit the follow button if you like" you would be really impressed about how at the end of each streaming this numbers raises!

Constancy and a good mood always is important to build a real community around your male model page (you)!
Focus on the show mainly, do not be saying all the time things like "give me tokens", because that will only make you look as a model that is far away more interested on money than creating connections.

This is a real nice job if you know how to have fun with your own company and while you take this a learning process, you get to know many cultures and different person, is a journey for sure.

Oh, and for token goals game, think about doing crazytickets when you get many active colors in the room, get creative CB offers a lot of options to be fun, Roll the dice or fortune wheel will also help with being dynamic.

Greetings, I'm also new at this community as well.

Reactions: lostboy
Thanks to all for your replies! I calculated that even if I just cammed every day and made about 33 bucks I could get by. I'm hoping with time and more followers I may have more luck. Persistence is key

On a side note - if the end of the pay period is today and I have direct deposit - will that come in exactly a week or could it be sooner?

On a side note - if the end of the pay period is today and I have direct deposit - will that come in exactly a week or could it be sooner?

As I understand, they process payouts for the 1-15th on the 22nd, so it will typically come on the 22nd at the earliest, but likely a few days after that.

I recently signed up on Jasmine too and I'm thinking of using a rotating schedule between the two sites, like day on day off and if I can get a decent following making it a full-time gig. A lot of male viewers have expressed confidence in me, they say I have the looks and I also have a personality that can flirt, be funny and engage. Here's hoping it works out

Reactions: MojitosJourney
Please don't call your earnings "pathetic" comparing them to bigger models. 3 reasons why.

1. It's not very motivating for you. You're not pathetic, you've been camming in a very high demand oversaturated industry for 12 days. Pat yourself on the pack for making anything.

2. That's kind of an insult to the bigger models. They worked hard for their earnings. You're implying that you're working just as hard and for SOME REASON you aren't making as much as they are. You shouldn't be, you've been here for less than 2 weeks. You aren't on the same level that they are. And that's OKAY.

3. There are models who make that in a month, or two. There are people struggling really hard and seeing comments like yours make their struggle even worse. When I was on Chaturbate the most I made in a month was 400. That was me working my ass off almost every day.

Anyway, other than that just go at your own pace. Keep on hustling, showing up on time, and being consistent and you will most likely eventually reach success. Always strive to improve in both equipment and shows. :)

Please don't call your earnings "pathetic" comparing them to bigger models. 3 reasons why.

1. It's not very motivating for you. You're not pathetic, you've been camming in a very high demand oversaturated industry for 12 days. Pat yourself on the pack for making anything.

2. That's kind of an insult to the bigger models. They worked hard for their earnings. You're implying that you're working just as hard and for SOME REASON you aren't making as much as they are. You shouldn't be, you've been here for less than 2 weeks. You aren't on the same level that they are. And that's OKAY.

3. There are models who make that in a month, or two. There are people struggling really hard and seeing comments like yours make their struggle even worse. When I was on Chaturbate the most I made in a month was 400. That was me working my ass off almost every day.

Anyway, other than that just go at your own pace. Keep on hustling, showing up on time, and being consistent and you will most likely eventually reach success. Always strive to improve in both equipment and shows. :)
I didn't mean it as an insult, I apologize. Honestly the reason I'm doing this is because I've been doing shitty, abusive minimum wage jobs for the past two years after dropping out of college, even if I could scrape by doing this between two cam jobs, say ~1000 a month when I'm really getting rolling, I would be way happier than doing other shit. I know I'm not on their level, nor will I ever make as much as the ladies, nor at the moment do I really have the capability to make the bigger bucks that couples do because I'm not in a relationship. But that's OK. I'm willing to take it seriously for what it is - a job - keep tweaking things like show quality, personality, set up a consistent show schedule and all.

I'm not exactly the most sexy guy, was never even really popular with girls, however - the gay guys are all over me. Given that this feedback has come in the first two weeks I think it's a good indicator if anything and now I just need to work hard and really sell the product.

It's an act. What I am doing is selling the illusion of attainability, a fantasy, and if it means flirting with them and giving them indicators that they might be able to make me bicurious, so be it. I don't go out of my way to discuss my orientation on there and if they ask I play coy. I am of course straight but I don't ever just state that out of the blue.

Reactions: Violet Dawn
I didn't mean it as an insult, I apologize. Honestly the reason I'm doing this is because I've been doing shitty, abusive minimum wage jobs for the past two years after dropping out of college, even if I could scrape by doing this between two cam jobs, say ~1000 a month when I'm really getting rolling, I would be way happier than doing other shit. I know I'm not on their level, nor will I ever make as much as the ladies, nor at the moment do I really have the capability to make the bigger bucks that couples do because I'm not in a relationship. But that's OK. I'm willing to take it seriously for what it is - a job - keep tweaking things like show quality, personality, set up a consistent show schedule and all.

I'm not exactly the most sexy guy, was never even really popular with girls, however - the gay guys are all over me. Given that this feedback has come in the first two weeks I think it's a good indicator if anything and now I just need to work hard and really sell the product.

It's an act. What I am doing is selling the illusion of attainability, a fantasy, and if it means flirting with them and giving them indicators that they might be able to make me bicurious, so be it. I don't go out of my way to discuss my orientation on there and if they ask I play coy. I am of course straight but I don't ever just state that out of the blue.

1) Never say never. There are quite a few successful make models who make more money than most women on their sites.

2) It sounds like you're off to a good start. You're already considering how you can improve, and that's exactly the attitude you need! I'm assuming you've already watched other models, so keep watching and take notes.

3) Trying two sites is good idea. You may find you make more doing mostly privates.

As a male model starting out - is the following reasonable?

- 500tk flat rate goal to get naked, then
- "keep it going" app to keep me naked on camera jerking off and whatever

Just curious for some thoughts

If it's your dream, persue it.

20 dollars a day however, is around the poverty line. Not sure how many hours you cammed, but below 5/hour? It's not much in any job.

I know it's only been two weeks. But if you feel like one site isn't working as well, try others! Dip your toe in other pools. Chaturbate was my first camsite I ever worked, and it was a total bust for me. I tried multiple other sites until I found the few that worked for me. You made about the same as I my first two or three weeks. I can't remember.

But seriously stop focusing and comparing yourself on others. Stop watching other cammodels, don't pay attention to what they are doing. It is probably impacting your self-esteem which can translate onto cam. Honestly I don't watch any cammodels now because of that, which has helped me so much. Start focusing on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.