AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2017
Florida
www.kittyquinn.com
Twitter Username
@missKittyQuinn
MFC Username
KittyQuinn
Chaturbate Username
MissKittyQuinn
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000170051/KittyQuinn/
Okay So i am super nervous for taxes, I havent saved anything I havent even gotten my LLC for my name KittyQuinn... I plan to do this with my next check but I want to talk to a tax pro who works with cam girls. I want to start organizing and saving money and getting ready. Does anyone have a tax man I can go to?

I found a local guy who handles a lot of strippers in my area; Honestly this would be my suggestion. Most girls are willing to share there tax guy's info. I contacted a friend of mine who used to dance in the area and he is amazing. He even did my LLC for me and everything and he was super reasonable with his prices as well.

There's a ton of groups on fetlife and I'm sure there's a group for dancers in your area; asking super nice in a private message should deff get you some answers. I know there's a tax guy who does a lot of cam girls stuff and he's online but I rather see someone in person (this is just my personal opinion). I've heard nothing but nice things

his twitter is : @taxxxguy - I personally have never used him so I cannot speak for myself but I have heard amazing things about him.

• Hugs
Reactions: kitty quinn
I found a local guy who handles a lot of strippers in my area; Honestly this would be my suggestion. Most girls are willing to share there tax guy's info. I contacted a friend of mine who used to dance in the area and he is amazing. He even did my LLC for me and everything and he was super reasonable with his prices as well.
Do I need to find someone local or anyone I can go to? It seems on the threads the girls say go to a tax pro but nobody lists any names of any

Okay So i am super nervous for taxes, I havent saved anything I havent even gotten my LLC for my name KittyQuinn... I plan to do this with my next check but I want to talk to a tax pro who works with cam girls. I want to start organizing and saving money and getting ready. Does anyone have a tax man I can go to?
Just a heads up your llc doesnt have to be your cam name. Id personally advise you to come up with a whole other generic type business name. Once everything is set up you can get a business bank account using that name and start having your checks/direct deposit go to that account/business name vs your cam name.

Do I need to find someone local or anyone I can go to? It seems on the threads the girls say go to a tax pro but nobody lists any names of any

I personally like local better TBH - Yes just PM someone in your area I'm sure there are girls who are willing to help! but I gave the twitter of a guy that does them for ladies here. I just have no personal experience with him.

Also yes to what @ElaySmith said! my llc is not associated with my cam name at all. I just made it pretty generic :)

• Hugs

There's a ton of groups on fetlife and I'm sure there's a group for dancers in your area; asking super nice in a private message should deff get you some answers. I know there's a tax guy who does a lot of cam girls stuff and he's online but I rather see someone in person (this is just my personal opinion). I've heard nothing but nice things

his twitter is : @taxxxguy - I personally have never used him so I cannot speak for myself but I have heard amazing things about him.

I have also heard some sketchy things about him, like him not filing things he was supposed to and sorta disappearing/not responding to messages. Seems like lately he's had more complaints? I'm not in the US and have never used him but.. that's just what I heard.

I also have heard of this person? I think just from online reading stuff. But might be worth contacting!
https://www.taxdomme.com/

• Hugs
Thanks for the warning ladies! I messaged him and I also messaged a local place as well as asked a successful manyvids and cam girl model about her tax person hoping to hear back from her. OMG so I dont have to make it KittyQuinn...hmmm I mean im a cosplayer as well and Im trying to build my whole brand around myself "Kitty Quinn" So idk if I should just legalize that name or make an in general business name you know?

Is it true if I LLC my name kitty quinn tho i can contact instagram and twitter and have them make the people with my name change it and I can have my twitter and insta kittyQuinn?? I heard this but idk..

I have no idea about the name thing on twitter/instagram but if I am not mistaken depending on your state once you create a llc your information for that business becomes public. Having your business name the same as your cam name really does nothing as far as creating a brand for yourself as the only people who need to know your business name are you/your bank and the people writing you a check.

H&R :D

• Funny!
Reactions: HotRod556
I just use home business tax software, but I'm pretty small time... I save 30% per payout and then figure it out at the end.

• Hugs
oh so taxes are basically 30% of ur income minus expenses? Since it is my first time and I dont want to do it wrong Ill probably hire someone, I cantacted that taxdomme lady and she responded quickly and with a nice long detailed message I feel super confident and relaxed now after getting in touch with her. She also told me an llc may not be 300 depending on the state im in and warned me it is public and I have to used my real name and address to register so I may not want to use kitty quinn because then people can find my llc and my personal info so she said maybe kq media llc or kq entertainment llc. But if i dont even use my name im trying to figure out what llc I should make!!! I want something I can use for my cam business for tax time but I am also thinking of reopening my hippy dippy etsy shop back open so idk if it should be something more relatable to that or should i make an llc completely off the wall that regardless what business I have it is unattached and not likely to be searched?

I wouldn't recommend combining a vanilla business w/your adult business but either way it shouldn't matter bc nobody needs to know your business name. Whatever you decide on I wouldn't recommend posting it here in the public section of the forum bc once again nobody needs to know! You know how when you get a check from manyvids or mfc or c4s or whatever it doesn't say the actual name of the site on the check...this is kinda the same thing.

Gotcha very cool, tax domme has told me if I make under 40k a year she doesnt think I even need to get an LLC ! Which will be great saves me some money until next year because I am sure by then Ill be making more. i LOVE her business name being "tax domme" it sounds so fetish and is perfect she helps us fetish workers ! ahaha

Gotcha very cool, tax domme has told me if I make under 40k a year she doesnt think I even need to get an LLC ! Which will be great saves me some money until next year because I am sure by then Ill be making more. i LOVE her business name being "tax domme" it sounds so fetish and is perfect she helps us fetish workers ! ahaha

Yes you will need to make about 40k for a LLC to even be worth your time. I got one within my first year due to my income. I signed up with a nickname and was fine- my tax guy did everything and made sure none of my info was linked or connected.

@SugarSkyBaby this is my reasoning for going in my state- I wanted someone knowledgeable who did local taxes for girls in the industry/sex workers in general. I also wanted an LLC and I wanted to do it right. I'm super glad my best friend is a dancer because she recommended someone amazing. Like I said I would totally find a girl in your area and ask who she uses. This is obviously my preference

I had no idea the Taxx guy was so shady- this is why I'd rather search out my own :)

yea i dont even make half of 40 k yet idk why its so hard for me as a cam girl, i throw great entertaining shows. idk if its just tough competition on mfc or what

Have you tried other cam sites? I'm mostly on CB but I'm considering trying MFC again now that I've broken out of my shell a bit, but when I first tried it, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

yea i dont even make half of 40 k yet idk why its so hard for me as a cam girl, i throw great entertaining shows. idk if its just tough competition on mfc or what

I went from Streammate to C4S/IWC/NF.; Ive never really spent time on MFC; I did not make anything significant. I tried it after I was on SM already and making awesome money I just wanted to see what all the hype about MFC was. I did not do well there, never got above a 1700 camscore and just gave up lol. Streammate was my home for 3 years. Three years ago I moved to Clips4sale full time. I now just produce content/ take NF calls/ and customs. I make more than I did camming and I made great money camming; so branch out!

I went from Streammate to C4S/IWC/NF.; Ive never really spent time on MFC; I did not make anything significant. I tried it after I was on SM already and making awesome money I just wanted to see what all the hype about MFC was. I did not do well there, never got above a 1700 camscore and just gave up lol. Streammate was my home for 3 years. Three years ago I moved to Clips4sale full time. I now just produce content/ take NF calls/ and customs. I make more than I did camming and I made great money camming; so branch out!

I hsve stream mate and cb as well..seems like on stream mate they REALLY dont like me idk why nobody even talk to me cb is really slow but the thing is i never spend more than 30-40 min of nobody tipping or talking before i jump off and i know no matter what staying on for a while and stay on and having a schedule is key to camming so i am afraid after a year of camming on mfc to take the time away from it

Figured I'd chime in say that I use TaxxxGuy. I love that it's all online. I've only had positive experiences with him. Be sure to ask your tax professional whether an S-Corp or LLC is right for you and your business, once you start making a good income. However, yes, do select what feels right to you for sure. Best of luck!

LLC's are easier to set up and operate under. One downside to them tax wise is that since single member LLC's are disregarded for tax purposes, it's all Schedule C income and subject to self employment tax.

Once income gets higher, a S-Corp would be worth considering. You're not subject to SE tax on the pass through income or distributions. You can also set up payroll and use the W-2 withholding on wages paid to yourself as a tax planning tool.

Talk to your CPA or tax professional for individually tailored advice.

Reactions: Empress Mika
seems like on stream mate they REALLY dont like me idk why nobody even talk to me

SM is much less social than CB and MFC. There are certainly models and members who are quite social, but the overall site environment is very "wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am", so there's a lot less "pillow talk", if you will. Personally, I prefer that, but other models have said that SM makes them feel like a piece of meat and I can definitely see why.

This is so helpful. Thanks!

Reactions: BiancaBaker
Status
Not open for further replies.