AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

So, classic chat vs party chat. Which do y'all prefer? I always just do classic chat, but I was wondering if there are any advantages to party chat?
party chat when im offering gold shows. classic chat when i don't want the option because i don't have the patience for gs.

Upvote 0
Hey! This is off topic but I’ve been using a lush for a few weeks now through Chaturbate and for some reason tonight it stopped responding to real tips. It still responds to test tips and also if I give control to someone with a link. But otherwise it’s not working. I deleted all of the extensions and downloaded them again and went through the setup as if it were my first day using it. Still no luck. Anyone else had this happen?
Id ask in the public chaturbate thread as this thread is for streamate.

Upvote 0
So, tonight was my second time on SM and I had an exclusive with this guy where he wanted to be humiliated. Well, the dude starts saying some fucked up stuff that I'm pretty sure isn't allowed on the site. I was being super mean and telling him he was sick and all, and then he logs off with the reason being "must contact support". Can I get into some kind of trouble for not just ending the exclusive, even though I wasn't going along with what he was saying?

Upvote 0
So, tonight was my second time on SM and I had an exclusive with this guy where he wanted to be humiliated. Well, the dude starts saying some fucked up stuff that I'm pretty sure isn't allowed on the site. I was being super mean and telling him he was sick and all, and then he logs off with the reason being "must contact support". Can I get into some kind of trouble for not just ending the exclusive, even though I wasn't going along with what he was saying?

You shouldn't (?) I would screencap and comment in the chat next time. You should have his member ID in your earnings too. Send that ID to SM support, and tell them what happened. Chances are if you tell them what was going on, they won't have issue with you.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Marceline
Upvote 0
how do you payout in streamate? is it automatic? i read somewhere it takes 3 weeks for payout? --thanks in advance
It should be automatic unless you have it set to delay. Have you entered your payout details?

Reactions: _pilya_
Upvote 0
@LydiaReigh Oh whoops I didn't read the must contact support bit. Yeah that's simply meaning they hit their limit.

Still everything else should work for future reference sake and all that. ^.^;

Upvote 0
'must contact support' usually means they hit their daily limit

Also depending on how new the customer's account is, they can raise their limit in their account settings. If they want it hirer then the max, they must contact support to request a raise.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Upvote 0
The my mailbox feature disappeared from my SM account's menu for several hours.
Why is that?

We've been over this. SM is always broken. We aren't exaggerating when we say this.

Upvote 0
i dont believe for 10 seconds that anyone on streamate is making 10g's a week so what's a realistic amount that a camgirl should expect to make on that site?

what's a realistic amount that an african american bbw should expect to make on that site?

I can't answer the latter part, I'm white, 30 and a bit squishy. I can only cam 15 hours a week usually due to medical reasons, but I am usually at the bottom of the front page. Some days I make $6/hour. Some days $30. I average around $15/hour.

• Helpful!
Reactions: pussyboy_prince
Upvote 0
I think it can be any length of time so long as it was past the initial 30secs so you have actually spent some money (other streamate girls correct me if I am wrong). I only assume this as I got a nasty comment and 1 star rating (removed by support) by someone who was in exclusive for just under a min with me - peeved cos I wouldnt do something that I specifically said I wouldnt do beforehand and in my profile...

30 seconds? It doesn't seem to charge them until they've been in the show for a minute? If it's 30 seconds I need to change my routine.
I worry about that too. I've had people try to get me to do things in premium AFTER entering that I said I only do in EXCL or try to spring race play on me mid show (which I don't do) and I worry they will give me a bad rating since I just kind of don't respond to it...

Upvote 0
For some reason I get an insane amount of requests for underage and taboo roleplay, say NO to these requests. In fact, best to type it and say it. I have never done either of these things but have been warned about them from support because members have requested it from me. If you type your non-consent then that covers your tracks and support will be able to see from the chat logs that you said no. This goes for the word Daddy too. Don't say it. Don't type it.

It says in my topic not to ask for anything against the rules so I just immediately block people who ask for ageplay or incest rp. Yeah. It's frustrating.

BTW, hi, everyone! I'm Sierra. Long time Reader, first time poster.

Upvote 0
It says in my topic not to ask for anything against the rules so I just immediately block people who ask for ageplay or incest rp. Yeah. It's frustrating.

BTW, hi, everyone! I'm Sierra. Long time Reader, first time poster.

As long as you do (step) roleplay its not technically against the rules.... most guys are generally okay with this.

30 seconds? It doesn't seem to charge them until they've been in the show for a minute? If it's 30 seconds I need to change my routine.
I worry about that too. I've had people try to get me to do things in premium AFTER entering that I said I only do in EXCL or try to spring race play on me mid show (which I don't do) and I worry they will give me a bad rating since I just kind of don't respond to it...
Its def 30 seconds!

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 11.15.15 AM.png

Upvote 0

It's 30 seconds, but once they hit 31, they're charged for the full first minute, and I always yell "Ha, gotcha!" when I check my earnings, especially when it's someone who popped into an ongoing private.

Upvote 0
@Sierra_Leon Yup! First ask what they'd like to see without stripping yet, then do a slow sensual strip that doesn't show anything for at least 30 secs :D

Upvote 0
I just created a SM account, having only been an MFC member - I have some questions I hope aren’t too stupid. I looked through their FAQ, but it’s not helpful at all - I wish there was some tutorial available.

On the main page, models are labeled as being “Online” or “Party Chat”. Does “Online” mean that they are in ‘Classic Chat’? And if so, why can I still see what other people are typing in the chat window?

In “Party Chat” rooms, I thought you were able to see who else is in the room. For the life of me, I can’t find this in the interface. No big deal, but seems broken?

In regards to etiquette:
Is a Gold show equivalent sort of to a Group Show on MFC (except with time limits)? On MFC, it’s customary to tip while in Group shows, is it the same for Gold shows?

SM Private = MFC Private, and SM Exclusive = MFC TruePrivate, basically? But I’ve got the impression that SM Private is less of a “custom show” than the MFC version - that is, a lot of the time models only do requests in Exclusive - is that the right assumption?

Is Joining a private session in SM similar to joining a Group on MFC, as far as models and members expecting more than 1 person in the show? Or is it generally a faux-pas to join a SM Private mid-session?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
I spend a majority of my time on chaturbate but have a streamate account as well, I hope my questions haven't already been answered :bag: how do you guys differentiate exclusive and private? Do you take requests in private or just exclusive? Like do your own show in private?

Upvote 0
I just created a SM account, having only been an MFC member - I have some questions I hope aren’t too stupid. I looked through their FAQ, but it’s not helpful at all - I wish there was some tutorial available.

On the main page, models are labeled as being “Online” or “Party Chat”. Does “Online” mean that they are in ‘Classic Chat’? And if so, why can I still see what other people are typing in the chat window?

In “Party Chat” rooms, I thought you were able to see who else is in the room. For the life of me, I can’t find this in the interface. No big deal, but seems broken?

In regards to etiquette:
Is a Gold show equivalent sort of to a Group Show on MFC (except with time limits)? On MFC, it’s customary to tip while in Group shows, is it the same for Gold shows?

SM Private = MFC Private, and SM Exclusive = MFC TruePrivate, basically? But I’ve got the impression that SM Private is less of a “custom show” than the MFC version - that is, a lot of the time models only do requests in Exclusive - is that the right assumption?

Is Joining a private session in SM similar to joining a Group on MFC, as far as models and members expecting more than 1 person in the show? Or is it generally a faux-pas to join a SM Private mid-session?

Thanks.

Models listed as "online" are indeed in classic chat, meaning you can't see the member count and the model doesn't have the ability to run a gold show while in that chat mode. It used to be that you couldn't see what other members were saying, but it seems they did away with that. I suppose so it didn't always look like the model was talking to herself, which may lead people to believe she was a recording? Just a guess. (If you wish to hide your chat from other members though, you can always click the eyeball right next to your text box).
Party chat gives you the ability to see the number of other members in the room and models also have the option to run gold shows. You used to be able to see a member list but they took away that option a long time ago, so it's not broken. Member list is 100% pointless on Streamate so good riddance to that feature, honestly.

A Gold show is only kind of similar to a group. It's not charged per minute, but a flat amount up front. So if a models show is 10 minutes long with a $5 pledge in, you will only be charged $5 to see the entire show. You're charged the same whether you stay for the whole 10 minutes or leave early. There's also no risk involved, if you pledge into a gold show and it doesn't start, OR it starts but the model disconnects for whatever reason, you will not be charged. You don't get charged unless the model both starts and performs the show to completion.
I would not say it's customary to tip inside of gold shows, but it is always appreciated. I don't feel negatively if someone doesn't tip inside of a gold show so long as they aren't making any requests. If you have a request inside of a gold show I'm sure a model would appreciate a tip for it.

I would say privates on SM are more similar to groups on MFC. In SM privates members can come and go at their leisure, but everyone is charged the same rate per minute and everyone is able to communicate with the model. Some models don't take any requests at all in private and some take them on a first come first serve basis within reason. You should never expect a personalized show inside of a private because a model expects other members to enter.

Exclusives are the equivalent to true privates, yes. In exclusive you're 1 on 1 with a model, no one else can enter.

Upvote 0
Models listed as "online" are indeed in classic chat, meaning you can't see the member count and the model doesn't have the ability to run a gold show while in that chat mode. It used to be that you couldn't see what other members were saying, but it seems they did away with that. I suppose so it didn't always look like the model was talking to herself, which may lead people to believe she was a recording? Just a guess. (If you wish to hide your chat from other members though, you can always click the eyeball right next to your text box).
Party chat gives you the ability to see the number of other members in the room and models also have the option to run gold shows. You used to be able to see a member list but they took away that option a long time ago, so it's not broken. Member list is 100% pointless on Streamate so good riddance to that feature, honestly.

A Gold show is only kind of similar to a group. It's not charged per minute, but a flat amount up front. So if a models show is 10 minutes long with a $5 pledge in, you will only be charged $5 to see the entire show. You're charged the same whether you stay for the whole 10 minutes or leave early. There's also no risk involved, if you pledge into a gold show and it doesn't start, OR it starts but the model disconnects for whatever reason, you will not be charged. You don't get charged unless the model both starts and performs the show to completion.
I would not say it's customary to tip inside of gold shows, but it is always appreciated. I don't feel negatively if someone doesn't tip inside of a gold show so long as they aren't making any requests. If you have a request inside of a gold show I'm sure a model would appreciate a tip for it.

I would say privates on SM are more similar to groups on MFC. In SM privates members can come and go at their leisure, but everyone is charged the same rate per minute and everyone is able to communicate with the model. Some models don't take any requests at all in private and some take them on a first come first serve basis within reason. You should never expect a personalized show inside of a private because a model expects other members to enter.

Exclusives are the equivalent to true privates, yes. In exclusive you're 1 on 1 with a model, no one else can enter.

Thank you, that's very helpful.

It's funny you mentioned recordings because in my first few days on the site, I've already run across 2 accounts that are loop recordings. I've reported them to support, but they haven't been removed as of yet - which I feel is a bit sketchy.

Upvote 0

It's funny you mentioned recordings because in my first few days on the site, I've already run across 2 accounts that are loop recordings. I've reported them to support, but they haven't been removed as of yet - which I feel is a bit sketchy.

Most recordings get taken down, but I believe there are 2 or 3 that mysteriously remain up no matter how many times they have been reported.
Out of thousands of models currently online there are probably less than a handful of recordings, and it's quite easy to tell when a room is actually a recording so I would just avoid those.

Reactions: Wolf_3_5_9
Upvote 0
@Kiley May Welcome to the SM club!

You can get a more general idea of this by just clicking through other SM models rooms when they're online. Our room topics usually address this.

Personally, I don't do any penetration in privates. Just exclusives. Privates are basically the appetizer and exclusives the entree in my room. I'll do a strip tease, followed by close ups then play with my vib. Everything else is done in exclusives.
Also I charge $3.99 for pvts and $6.99 for exc.

Think about things in terms of what it takes out of you. Example: Deep throating always make my makeup run, so it's not worth it for me to do it pvts. Cleaning off dildos will take time away from your chat, etc. So save the things that take the most out of you of exclusive sessions.

And requests in exclusives only! You never know what a dude is gonna ask for lol.

Upvote 0

what support has told me there are a couple that they have on constant loop for "testing" or for marketing. you know those ads where the girl is constantly chatting and being waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to flirtatious. but please keep reporting any new ones that pop up! the best way to know if it's a scam is if you say that it's a recording and they ban you instantly.

Upvote 0