AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

In Honor Of Women's History Month. Who Are Your Favorite Female Musical Artist??

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a good Canadian girl; I was too young to appreciate her music at the time but I’ve recently grown to appreciate and love Alanis. This is still the best break-up song I know:

I saw her live during the Jagged Little Pill tour. Good stuff. :h:

Reactions: Gen
Big fan of some artists that no one has ever heard of. I particularly like Melissa Swingle from her 'Trailer Bride' days. Something about her singing. But then again she is an amazing musician too. I saw her once just by chance and was Amazed. She was doing music with a chainsaw and a, I think, a violin bow LIVE. It was pretty awesome. A lot of their stuff is slow and brooding, but, I can't ever have enough slow and haunting music. :0

A little faster one (where they rock out a bit):

And one of my favorites (a catchy little jingle):

Reactions: KatherineRed
This beautiful lady with an amazing voice is Wilhelmenia Wiggins Fernandez. The clip is from the 1981 French film, Diva.

Pat Benatar - Sarah Vaughn - Karen O (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
Stephanie Mills - Basia - Sade

I've just received a text. I've been asked to post it on ACF. Verbatim. So if anyone gets particularly offended it's not my fault.

"LMFAO ah ah ah. Fernandez, How dare you? You should know better that I've set the rule and the standard for this "Aria". And it's still unmatched. Repeat after me, dear, unmatched! Your lack of passion and interpretation is unbearable. Anyway, aside from that, you should really, like really exercise/work more on your "timbro", "colore", "legato" and "vibrato. I mean, If you can ofc. The basics, you know. Your "accento" is also frankly awful. So please do yourself a favour, stop embarassing yourself and those who listen. Go back singing idk something like "Barbie Girl" it definetly suits you better. Best whishes and good luck. Bye bitch. Yours sincerely, Maria".

74.jpg

sade; one of my idols. her magic never bores.

What, no NIna SImone or Janis Ian?

And Debbie Harry for being the first US rap track to hit #1 and first rap on MTV. May also be the first video to have a goat?

The song that always gets me is "I'll Be Seeing You", and yet I'm not a fan of Billie Holiday's version. The recording technology of the time was harsh, I prefer Rosemary Clooney's crooner style a generation later with smoother sound. Or the all but forgotten Peggy Lee's sweetish to saccharin which I linked above. And yet the best version I've ever heard was done by an uncredited artist for a TV soundtrack. Just shows talent is everywhere, and oft under appreciated.

Last edited:
Big Mama Thornton

Joan Jett, Loretta Lynn, Cher, Dolly Parton (minus Me and Little Andy which scarred me), Sade, Gwen Stefani, Various metal weirdos....

*waits for @RogueWarrior to get in here*

Haven't been here in while, but I have a long list.
Ann and Nancy Wilson
Pat Benatar
Stevie Nicks
Janis Joplin
Grace Slick
Joan Jett
Lita Ford
Lzzy Hale (Halestorm)
Dorothy
Doro Pesch
Linda Perry (4 Non Blondes)
Alanis Morrissette
Liz Phair
Taylor Momsen (The Pretty Reckless)
Dolly Parton
Loretta Lynn
Lindi Ortega
Sunny Sweeney
India Ramey
Danielle Nicole
Janiva Magness
Oriantihi
Bonnie Raiit
Samantha Fish
Debbie Harry (Blondie)
Melissa Etheridge
Sheryl Crow
Reba
Wynonna Judd
Martina McBride
Brandy Zdan
Caitlyn Smith
Linda Ronstadt
Tanya Tucker
Chaka Khan
Donna Summer
Sheila E
Marie Fredriksson (Roxette)
Madonna
Lindsey Stirling
Cher
Whitney Houston
Beyonce
Katy Perry
Shakira
Aretha Franklin
Miranda Lambert

I'll stop now, because I could go on forever, and this is making my head hurt.

Reactions: JickyJuly
A few of my favorite:
- FKA Twigs
- Lorde
- Grimes
- Lana Del Rey
- Daughter
- Rihanna

If you haven't already, I recommend checking out Bibi Bourelly. She wrote a lot of Rihanna's last album and I'm fairly certain she's the inspiration behind Rihanna's more recent vocal stylings.

Reactions: TajaEthereal
Top of the list for me is Alicia Keys.

There are too many to list here but a few other honourable mentions go to.

Amy Winehouse

Whitney Houston

Lianne La Havas

She died 40 or so years ago, but still Sandy Denny. Picking just one of hers is rather difficult, but I'd have to go for this one.

And since the topic is "musical artist" rather than singer, Delia Derbyshire, who was IMO an absolute genius.

(I can go on at some length about the masterpiece that is this recording :blush:)

Amy Lee rocks ...but really love Izzy Hale for strong sexy and feminine... listen to these lyrics;

Last edited:
Reactions: Rumi_Bloom
Love me some Teena Marie (May she R.I.P.). I had the pleasure of seeing her live in 2002 at the B.B. King club in New York City.

I've also been a fan of Faith Evans since the mid-90s when she and Biggie were married. Saw her in concert years ago in The Bronx, New York.

Reactions: fandango and Gen
First discovered Imelda May when she was doing rockabilly and enjoyed the fun style, but her latest jazz album is fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.