AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The Loneliness of Camming..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princessbambiix

Cam Model
Oct 1, 2017
The Mountains
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@BambiiBonsai
Chaturbate Username
BambiiBonsai
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000991570/bambiibonsai/
Does the loneliness of camming start to wear on you guys after a while? I have supportive non-SWer friends, but it would be nice to have camgirl friends to meet up with, vent to, bounce ideas off of, give advice to/get advice from, etc.
Interacting with camgirls on Twitter/ Snapchat has definitely helped me feel less lonely, but it’s still hard sometimes when I see girls hanging out with other sex workers in person. I do have a camgirl friend that I plan to meet up with sometime this year, but I wish we weren’t so far away! Sometimes I wish this wasn’t such an isolating job. :(

I'm looking for cam model friends as well! I just started but it would be so awesome to have other cam model friends because my friends that don't cam just don't understand lol...Follow me on twitter and I'll follow you back! Let's be friends :)

I didn't have any other industry friends for my first 5 years camming. I do understand it gets lonely :( Maybe start a thread in the Models Only section with your location and other local models will find you?

Does the loneliness of camming start to wear on you guys after a while? I have supportive non-SWer friends, but it would be nice to have camgirl friends to meet up with, vent to, bounce ideas off of, give advice to/get advice from, etc.
Interacting with camgirls on Twitter/ Snapchat has definitely helped me feel less lonely, but it’s still hard sometimes when I see girls hanging out with other sex workers in person. I do have a camgirl friend that I plan to meet up with sometime this year, but I wish we weren’t so far away! Sometimes I wish this wasn’t such an isolating job. :(
If it makes you feel any better all the models I tried to befriend for the first 5 years of doing this either betrayed me or used me. This year I don’t remember how I started talking to a really lovely camgirl that I remembered from my time on MFC and she happens to live in my city. Can’t remember how we started talking but we are friends now and go for coffee, go shopping, I think she is one of the coolest most down to earth people I have met, so it goes to show one should never lose hope!! But be careful cause to find the good ones you have to go through scores of bad ones

If it makes you feel any better all the models I tried to befriend for the first 5 years of doing this either betrayed me or used me. This year I don’t remember how I started talking to a really lovely camgirl that I remembered from my time on MFC and she happens to live in my city. Can’t remember how we started talking but we are friends now and go for coffee, go shopping, I think she is one of the coolest most down to earth people I have met, so it goes to show one should never lose hope!! But be careful cause to find the good ones you have to go through scores of bad ones
It's sad that people do shit to those who may be called "friends". Or, worse, "family". Reminds me of all the problems Molly has had. Which, she wrote an article about for xbiz.

Wish people didn't shit on one another like they do. Wish all the best, and as drama free as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mila_

Currently going through this predicament right now. I befriended someone recently, and while it started out with me thinking she was an awesome person, it ended up slowly switching to her stealing a few of my regulars and literally copying all of my show ideas to the point where our streams were exactly the same. If I may ask, how did you go about this problem yourself?

Currently going through this predicament right now. I befriended someone recently, and while it started out with me thinking she was an awesome person, it ended up slowly switching to her stealing a few of my regulars and literally copying all of my show ideas to the point where our streams were exactly the same. If I may ask, how did you go about this problem yourself?
There is not much you can do :( One of my cases was the same, I ended up finding out she was PMing my regulars when she was in my room behind my back which turned one of them into her tipper exclusively... I got very mad and told her it was not alright. She never admitted anything, to this day she claims the problem was that I was over sensitive and have “special” boundaries I need to tell models beforehand.. nuts... I stopped talking to her and she continued to copy my show for another year until I left that platform (she never knew where I went and eventually started to copy someone else).

The only thing you have control over is yourself, your feelings, your show. Ban her from your room so she has to take extra measures to see/copy it. Try to always make new tippers and never rely on the contributions of any particular user so the loss of a regular isn’t an issue, and keep innovating and being amazing cause copycats are always one step behind but only as long as you keep moving!

I wish I could find an irl camgirl friend!

I went though this working in a dungeon and at a club but in some ways at least had the women I was working with to interact with (though still usually distant, I did make some true frienships). Cam is definitely a lot different. RL friends are supportive but can't relate or dont want to talk about it.
Friends are hard, genuine internet and industry friends are even harder.
I'm new to camming and by no means feel I know everything (or really anything yet but) think with how easily accessible and over saturated adult entertainment is, its fiercely competitive and that breeds a dog eat dog mentality. We are all skeptical and sadly a lot of people will use you to make a buck. It would be lovely to see more adult entertainers supporting eachother, working together and striving towards the greater good. Especially as laws, censorship and general stigma still have so much power against us.
I'm probably far away from most of you but if anyone from here adds me on Twitter (@deviantxdarling) or insta (deviant.darling) I am more than happy to follow back, chat and show some love.

Not going to lie, I hate the loneliness for sure but when I stepped out of my awkward shell a year or so ago, I got burned burned burned all over again. It is in part why I stopped being part of many industry forums. Definately a 'me' problem thing but when I know someone is doing poorly, all I want to do is help them. This meant shelling out all kinds of money to which girls never paid back or worse... avoided me as if I did something wrong. I didn't NEED the money back but still they just poof'd!

Then came girls who were upset that I was doing well. That sucks too!

Not saying there are not some FABULOUS ladies and gents out there, there are! Just that the few who seem to smell out people with poor support systems can gum it up really hard.

If you got a stable support system, maybe consider making a local MEETUP group for models in your area! Las Vegas does an awesome karaoke night =D

Oh yes. I feel like the lonliest girl in the world sometimes. I have a hard time trusting people. I used to have friends in the real world, but once I really started getting heavily into my craft I turned inward and isolated myself. Its my fault. I could call them up and they would welcome me back with open arms, but I feel safer being alone. I don't know. I want friends and then again I don't want all the baggage that comes along with it. Does that make sense?

*whistle innocent there are members to make it less lonely some can`t tip all the time but can be a great support by just their company.
I have several friends who contact me when they get bored/lonely on slowerdays and we either chat on whats (because of my work i can`t always hop into the room) or i go to their rooms and try to cheer them up.
Or in other words sometimes a friendly member who can`t tip always can be of great value to to prevent loneliness but this is all my personal opinion

I’ve met a few cam girls and some of my friends have been secret cam girls or inquired about things. I think it’s all a matter of perspective though. I think comparison or judging from the outside of a situation is the quickest way to discontent.

I’m alone a lot and most of the ppl I know live far away but I don’t feel lonely. I think our own ideas of how things should be mess us up a lot instead of accepting what is and seeing the good in that and working from there. That said like any relationship having sw friends in person can also backfire... I’ve exoerienced both sides of the coin. They’re no better equipped than any other open minded person since some are well they have other issues in their life and instead of being a positive force they’re in victim mode over their lot in life and how hard it is without realizing that everyone everywhere has some issue or battle to face.

But if you’d like to meet other models there’s ways to go about it as some have suggested posting in the models only section. If you ever make it to any adult conventions there’s usually a section for cam girls ( I recently did the avns and worked the many vids booth and model centro but mfc was there and I’m sure there were others that I probably didn’t notice)

Try to get out, if you don’t have a hobby or much that brings you to social gatherings much I’d get one too... I think we have to make a little more of an effort since this job is done alone to reach out to others especially if you’re a bit more extroverted. I’m an introvert and I enjoy being alone so perhaps that has a lot of bearing on how I feel about this too.

If you’d like to be friends my Twitter / ig is at risingsiren as well.

I’m sure you’ve already made a friend or two with this post. Keeps your head up ❤️

I've only been on MV less than a week, I was welcomed by one model. I tried to be nice and liked some of their things. The majority didn't respond. So, I'm guessing it's pretty cutthroat?

I've only been on MV less than a week, I was welcomed by one model. I tried to be nice and liked some of their things. The majority didn't respond. So, I'm guessing it's pretty cutthroat?
Not all of the cam community is cutthroat! A lot of girls are super sweet and supportive, but the best way to network and make friends is through social media. I think that some girls get suspicious when other camgirls try to “befriend” them because some girls just want to use their popularity for their own gain, but if you’re genuine and kind you’ll make some great friends! :)

Reactions: Mila_
I’ve met a few cam girls and some of my friends have been secret cam girls or inquired about things. I think it’s all a matter of perspective though. I think comparison or judging from the outside of a situation is the quickest way to discontent.

I’m alone a lot and most of the ppl I know live far away but I don’t feel lonely. I think our own ideas of how things should be mess us up a lot instead of accepting what is and seeing the good in that and working from there. That said like any relationship having sw friends in person can also backfire... I’ve exoerienced both sides of the coin. They’re no better equipped than any other open minded person since some are well they have other issues in their life and instead of being a positive force they’re in victim mode over their lot in life and how hard it is without realizing that everyone everywhere has some issue or battle to face.

But if you’d like to meet other models there’s ways to go about it as some have suggested posting in the models only section. If you ever make it to any adult conventions there’s usually a section for cam girls ( I recently did the avns and worked the many vids booth and model centro but mfc was there and I’m sure there were others that I probably didn’t notice)

Try to get out, if you don’t have a hobby or much that brings you to social gatherings much I’d get one too... I think we have to make a little more of an effort since this job is done alone to reach out to others especially if you’re a bit more extroverted. I’m an introvert and I enjoy being alone so perhaps that has a lot of bearing on how I feel about this too.

If you’d like to be friends my Twitter / ig is at risingsiren as well.

I’m sure you’ve already made a friend or two with this post. Keeps your head up ❤️
Well said! Thanks for the input :)

Reactions: BritneySiren
I feel this on many levels. I’m willing to befriend anyone in the industry. No matter how I try, I haven’t gotten far. Part of it might because I’ve only modeled for 6 months. I think it’ll be easier the longer I’m in the industry. I’m willing to travel a bit within reason to meet others too. Twiter hasn’t been much of a success with me trying to connect with other models, but I still try. I have a few top models following me now. I am even willing to meet within reasonable bounds. Regardless, you seem like a down to earth gal. I’m sure you will find good people soon ❤️ I think even texting people can be allievating. Your vibe attracts your tribe :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Princessbambiix

I noticed your profile says your in the mountians, I also live near the mountains in Colorado maybe we live in the same area I would love a cam model real life friend to hang w/ go shopping all that fun stuff I don’t know of any in my city.:)

I am a closeted cam model to my real life friends (besides my boyfriend of 8 years), I’ve been doing this full time for 4 years now and have zero cam model friends. I would love to make some model friends in real life, if anyone lives in Colorado please reach out to me I would also love to add some models to my personal Snapchat that I don’t use for camming

Reactions: Lydi Darling
I am a closeted cam model to my real life friends (besides my boyfriend of 8 years), I’ve been doing this full time for 4 years now and have zero cam model friends. I would love to make some model friends in real life, if anyone lives in Colorado please reach out to me I would also love to add some models to my personal Snapchat that I don’t use for camming

I sometimes visit Denver, if that's close to you I would be down to grab coffee and chat next time I'm there.

Reactions: Freckld_cutie
I sometimes visit Denver, if that's close to you I would be down to grab coffee and chat next time I'm there.

I was just going to say that Colorado has quite a few models. At least from some of the bios on MFC I've read.

I noticed your profile says your in the mountians, I also live near the mountains in Colorado maybe we live in the same area I would love a cam model real life friend to hang w/ go shopping all that fun stuff I don’t know of any in my city.:)
I’m not near that area unfortunately :( always done to make friends though!

I would absolutely love to have some sex worker friends, for me being a cam model is a huge part of my life and where I am it's hard to find people accepting and understanding of it as real work.
I think the hardest part of trying to find cam model friends is most of us are so secretive about our location that we'd never realise if we were living next to others. That said I'd be more than happy to connect with any of you over pm to see if we're in the same area :)

It's sad that people do shit to those who may be called "friends". Or, worse, "family". Reminds me of all the problems Molly has had. Which, she wrote an article about for xbiz.

Wish people didn't shit on one another like they do. Wish all the best, and as drama free as possible.

Agreed. I've had some nasty experiences on the producer-end. I've reached out to multiple guys who run studios proposing collaborations or, when I first started, just humbly seeking advice/pointers. These dudes COVET what they do and get really rude real fast. I can't imagine being a model and having to work for some of these guys.

I'm thinking, "Look, I work in finance/business. I understand competition. But this is a huge industry and I've learned that even in the finance world collaborating/working together means more money for everyone." Some just don't get it. Like my little pop-up femdom studio is seriously gonna cost you - with your rented fucking mansion and arsenal of 30 models - a dime. pffft

That is to say, I've always had the philosophy that we should all work together and support our own community. We have bigger threats than, say, another model or studio (uh, FOSTA-SESTA anyone?).

I also have to be candid and say I've heard some awful things about certain high-profile femdom models. I talked to a pretty large/popular studio owner who is now retired and he gave me a list of some models to avoid, people he said took advantage of him in very unscrupulous, unsavory ways. That was kind of disheartening, but I guess people's metrics of success go way to their heads sometimes.

Anyway, to address the OP: have we ever done an ACF meet-up or something like that? I'm sure a lot of members here are in the same region. It'd be cool to meet up at a con or something. This forum has done and given a lot to me in regards to the topic here. Like, yeah, I can talk to my wife about everything I do (and I do), but it's nice to be able to chat with people that deal with the same stuff I deal with every now and again. Don't be afraid to hit up the rants/bad day threads!

Reactions: Princessbambiix
have we ever done an ACF meet-up or something like that?

This is such a great idea.. i prolly wouldnt be able to attend unless I am in the US when it happens.. but I wouldnt think twice if I was.

Camming full-time can be super isolating! It’s like this whole big chunk of your life that most people don’t understand/are judgemental/make assumptions. Working from home just on its own can be isolating. I’m lucky most of my friends are in the punk/alternative/super liberal community and I’m even luckier that two of my close friends also model on and off. It’s so nice to be able to talk about work/trade tips/etc.

If anyone ever needs a cam girl friend,hit me up! I’m on Twitter a lot, Twitter.com/Darcydevasto

Status
Not open for further replies.