AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimal_Yume

Cam Model
Apr 28, 2021
Twitter Username
@CattoMystic
MFC Username
Mystic_catto
Hi everyone! Firstable just wanted to express how truly thankful I feel to have found this forum, I joined approximately 3 weeks ago and I have been reading and learning soooo sooo much! It truly feels less lonely to have this community 😊

I finally decided to make my first post about my experience, feelings, concerns, and so on! In hope of creating a conversation and maybe get some motivation since lately I’m getting quite overwhelmed and a bit anxious about going online, my period might be to blame but also I really wanna feel more confident when I work.

I’m Mystic_Catto, nice to meet you! I created my ACF account under my old Cam name without thinking much. Officially I started camming under this old name back in 2015, I was in a very bad place, trying to basically live off-grid in my immature way. Camming I felt extreme happiness and extreme sadness too, I found friends, bastards, and for a short period of time I even had feelings for someone. It’s not a secret you gotta have thick skin to do this, and mine was very fragile back then. I decided to leave, since it was too much for me and didn’t take it as seriously as I should. I thought I would leave it behind forever but 6 years later I came back, to the very same place I started and the one I felt more familiar with, MFC.

I came back with a thicker skin, much mature mentality, wanting to take it seriously, and knowing a little better how this works, but I found a much more hostile and hard platform, with waaaaaay more girls and a whole new world, MFC share. I’ve been reading so much, checking many other girls and researching, but I haven’t quite found a girl that is similar to me that’s among the tops, which pushed me to make this post. Is it possible to be a successful cam model being a totally average girl?

I have small breasts, but at the same time I’m quite chubby, I have wide hips and tummy, and my butt is not specially pretty to see, since I have many stretch marks…I think as a camgirl the only thing I know for sure is that I have a pretty face, but that’s about it, and it’s noticeable since sometimes my room can be active, like having an interesting conversation with some people, but nobody is interested in seeing my body. Sometimes people tip for a flash and then leaves, I also have been told that what I say is so interesting they forget to jerk off! Which I find a huge compliment but at the same time an insult lol. It’s also funny that when I started camming 4 weeks ago I had a potato camera and along with the new model status I had a very nice week, but then it all started to go down as I got a HD camera hahaha.

I wonder what can an average body camgirl do to be successful when her body is totally off the stereotypes…I appreciate any ideas or references you have! Right now my camscore is going to hell like It’s normal to happen after the new model status is gone, and I don’t know how to get traffic to my room when there are 2000 gorgeous girls out there! I can’t get tips by only talking about interesting stuff haha, and staying online for too long with a dead room will only sink my score further… I don’t have enough traffic to make games, I even tried a raffle but so far it’s failing big time, so that’s why everytime before I get online I feel a small anxiety of not knowing what to improve or how’s it gonna go. I would really love to see or hear from someone that have been at the very bottom and made it to the top!

Thanks for reading all my drama 💖

I'm not really familiar with MFC, but as with all things in this industry, so much is riding on luck. A viewer has to be lucky enough to find you. You have to be lucky enough to get found. In order to give yourself better odds with RNG, there are some things you can do, but nothing is a guarantee. Consistency is the biggest thing. Engagement is another.

Try making clips to sell. Upload those same clips to other places such as ManyVids. If you're into the idea of a fan club, start one of those on sites like OnlyFans and/or AVNStars. You want to maximize your visibility presence as much as you can. Don't spread yourself too thin trying to manage multiple things. Start with adding just one extra thing and when you have a handle on that then add another. No need to be on every site, just do what you have time for and are comfortable doing. Burn out sucks and you will burn out super quick if you're doing more than you're able.

Don't worry about your appearance. There are plenty "average" people who do fine. What may be average to you is hot af to another. I consider myself to be pretty average and I do alright. Additionally, I actually really like the look of stretch marks. Many people do. In fact, there's a fetish for them so use that to your advantage and make some clips catering to that fetish. I think Clips4Sale is the better site for fetishes (someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Stick with it and if you can't make it work on MFC, then try another site. Some people will do terrible on one site, but totally rock it out on another. You got this!

I don't have any advice for how to cam, but I want to say that when I advertise my clips in different subreddits I see aaallllllll different types of bodies and they all have guys commenting that she has the perfect body. There's one subreddit called something like which one would you choose. It's group photos of girls, and the guys comment on who is the hottest girl. There is never, ever a clear winner. Even when it seems like one girl looks like a model with her frumpy friend in a baggy t shirt and hair in a bun, so many guys will prefer the frumpy friend. Yes it's a creepy concept, but it does make the point that just because you think there are 2000 more beautiful girls on the site, that doesn't mean it's what the audience thinks.
btw if a guy leaves after you flash it doesn't mean he doesn't like you and won't come back. It just means he got what he went there for and now he's off to look at all the rest of the boobs.

Just one gentle reminder, for any new model who might need to hear it....

Don´t ever think your beauty or worth is measured in tokens. No matter what they spend, or do not spend.. Remember this; you are beautiful, strong, worthy and deserving of all the highest tips.

I'm not really familiar with MFC, but as with all things in this industry, so much is riding on luck. A viewer has to be lucky enough to find you. You have to be lucky enough to get found. In order to give yourself better odds with RNG, there are some things you can do, but nothing is a guarantee. Consistency is the biggest thing. Engagement is another.

Try making clips to sell. Upload those same clips to other places such as ManyVids. If you're into the idea of a fan club, start one of those on sites like OnlyFans and/or AVNStars. You want to maximize your visibility presence as much as you can. Don't spread yourself too thin trying to manage multiple things. Start with adding just one extra thing and when you have a handle on that then add another. No need to be on every site, just do what you have time for and are comfortable doing. Burn out sucks and you will burn out super quick if you're doing more than you're able.

Don't worry about your appearance. There are plenty "average" people who do fine. What may be average to you is hot af to another. I consider myself to be pretty average and I do alright. Additionally, I actually really like the look of stretch marks. Many people do. In fact, there's a fetish for them so use that to your advantage and make some clips catering to that fetish. I think Clips4Sale is the better site for fetishes (someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Stick with it and if you can't make it work on MFC, then try another site. Some people will do terrible on one site, but totally rock it out on another. You got this!
Thank you very much Brit for your advise Brit! I'm totally gonna start with some clips for now, and then as you say, once I have something more solid I will try to expand to other sites such as OF! Also thank you for your kind words about the body, it never crossed my mind that stretch marks could be a fetish! I'm gonna rethink my tags too.

I Love You Reaction GIF

Reactions: Dannyhomebody
I don't have any advice for how to cam, but I want to say that when I advertise my clips in different subreddits I see aaallllllll different types of bodies and they all have guys commenting that she has the perfect body. There's one subreddit called something like which one would you choose. It's group photos of girls, and the guys comment on who is the hottest girl. There is never, ever a clear winner. Even when it seems like one girl looks like a model with her frumpy friend in a baggy t shirt and hair in a bun, so many guys will prefer the frumpy friend. Yes it's a creepy concept, but it does make the point that just because you think there are 2000 more beautiful girls on the site, that doesn't mean it's what the audience thinks.
btw if a guy leaves after you flash it doesn't mean he doesn't like you and won't come back. It just means he got what he went there for and now he's off to look at all the rest of the boobs.
Thank you Alessandra! I'm gonna check Reddit too, had no idea about those subreddits! And thanks for changing my mindset about the guys that tip and leaves, it's a relief.
Season 10 Hug GIF by Friends

Just one gentle reminder, for any new model who might need to hear it....

Don´t ever think your beauty or worth is measured in tokens. No matter what they spend, or do not spend.. Remember this; you are beautiful, strong, worthy and deserving of all the highest tips.
I'm gonna tattoo that in my forehead :inlove:

Everyone have all they need to be absolutely gorgeous. It's more confidence, veracity and charisma for me. I tend to be sexually attracted to any woman with whom I feel some sort of connection or rapport, who seeming more interesting night after night while still showing some interest, and who feels genuine and truthful, regardless of body shape.

And further than that, there are guys who like all kinds of women, who have all kind of fetish and kinks, and you also never know maybe you can remind someone of their first girlfriend, or of that one that got away, and instantly have them be totally into you for that. Despite what magazines, fitness models and movies try to shove down our throat, most guys actually enjoy a very wide array of different women's body, so just playing to your strength, being true to who you are as a person, and building an ongoing relationship with your room can go a long way. Just being who you are, I think many will appreciate you for it. It might not happen overnight, but I'm sure with time and consistency it will.

This is purely anecdotal, but for what it's worth, the first time I saw you post I thought you were really cute so I went to see in your about section if you had your username 😅. And a cute Latina gamer girl, 😍😍😍😍 OMG for sure there will be tons of guys that can be into that 😍😍😍😍

Everyone have all they need to be absolutely gorgeous. It's more confidence, veracity and charisma for me. I tend to be sexually attracted to any woman with whom I feel some sort of connection or rapport, who seeming more interesting night after night while still showing some interest, and who feels genuine and truthful, regardless of body shape.

And further than that, there are guys who like all kinds of women, who have all kind of fetish and kinks, and you also never know maybe you can remind someone of their first girlfriend, or of that one that got away, and instantly have them be totally into you for that. Despite what magazines, fitness models and movies try to shove down our throat, most guys actually enjoy a very wide array of different women's body, so just playing to your strength, being true to who you are as a person, and building an ongoing relationship with your room can go a long way. Just being who you are, I think many will appreciate you for it. It might not happen overnight, but I'm sure with time and consistency it will.

This is purely anecdotal, but for what it's worth, the first time I saw you post I thought you were really cute so I went to see in your about section if you had your username 😅. And a cute Latina gamer girl, 😍😍😍😍 OMG for sure there will be tons of guys that can be into that 😍😍😍😍
Awww thank you very much! Seriously this forum is the best thing that have happened to me, you are so kind and really motivating 🥰💪

I second the advice to try other sites. I am above average in appearance and I bombed on every token site. Token sites were my introduction to the industry and I would've quit long ago if I only used token sites. Branch out, try clips - they are passive income and allow you to reach more people. Try streamate and niteflirt, both sites allow you freedom with hours and have a built in user base.

Remember, beauty is more than appearance, especially in this industry. A seductive smile, a flirty teasing joke, a friendly greeting, confidence, these will all endear users to you and make them want more. You don't need to showcase a "winning" personality and display all your hobbies and interests on Streamate and Niteflirt. Token sites pressure us to create an "experience" and put you in a box - cosplayer, gamer, dancer, game host, etc all while punishing your camscore if you aren't "hot" or naked enough. On Streamate and Niteflirt, nobody gives a shit about my favorite food, color, hobbies, nothing. For all they know, I am just an adorable, smiley, 20 something who may - or may not- be in college? On token sites, I had to work so hard to prove I had a colorful personality and I deserve the tokens. I even had one guy tell me that my shower curtain was too boring, didn't represent "me" and I needed something bright to reflect my personality. Get bent! How silly. I made $0 that night and had 100+ men in my room. I always make a profit on Streamate, no matter how slow.

I make the best money of my life on Streamate and I wear the same outfit almost every day (seriously, nobody has even noticed!). My looks have almost nothing to do with it but that seductive smile, flirty greeting and sultry voice I have developed - big moneymaker, better than my face even lol. And the best part about private sites is I don't need a few big tippers and have to worry about losing them. I have thousands of customers and all I have to do is show up on a regular basis. (sometimes I only work 0-4 hours a week, so uh, slightly regular).

I also have stretch marks from my legs growth spurt and nobody notices them- I love them - my lightning thighs! Before I knew what stretch marks were, I thought maybe they were my Harry Potter mark :) I did not know guys liked them, I will make some fetish clips featuring them.

Good luck, I know you will do well. This forum can give you so many tools! I love it.

I second the advice to try other sites. I am above average in appearance and I bombed on every token site. Token sites were my introduction to the industry and I would've quit long ago if I only used token sites. Branch out, try clips - they are passive income and allow you to reach more people. Try streamate and niteflirt, both sites allow you freedom with hours and have a built in user base.

Remember, beauty is more than appearance, especially in this industry. A seductive smile, a flirty teasing joke, a friendly greeting, confidence, these will all endear users to you and make them want more. You don't need to showcase a "winning" personality and display all your hobbies and interests on Streamate and Niteflirt. Token sites pressure us to create an "experience" and put you in a box - cosplayer, gamer, dancer, game host, etc all while punishing your camscore if you aren't "hot" or naked enough. On Streamate and Niteflirt, nobody gives a shit about my favorite food, color, hobbies, nothing. For all they know, I am just an adorable, smiley, 20 something who may - or may not- be in college? On token sites, I had to work so hard to prove I had a colorful personality and I deserve the tokens. I even had one guy tell me that my shower curtain was too boring, didn't represent "me" and I needed something bright to reflect my personality. Get bent! How silly. I made $0 that night and had 100+ men in my room. I always make a profit on Streamate, no matter how slow.

I make the best money of my life on Streamate and I wear the same outfit almost every day (seriously, nobody has even noticed!). My looks have almost nothing to do with it but that seductive smile, flirty greeting and sultry voice I have developed - big moneymaker, better than my face even lol. And the best part about private sites is I don't need a few big tippers and have to worry about losing them. I have thousands of customers and all I have to do is show up on a regular basis. (sometimes I only work 0-4 hours a week, so uh, slightly regular).

I also have stretch marks from my legs growth spurt and nobody notices them- I love them - my lightning thighs! Before I knew what stretch marks were, I thought maybe they were my Harry Potter mark :) I did not know guys liked them, I will make some fetish clips featuring them.

Good luck, I know you will do well. This forum can give you so many tools! I love it.
Thanks! I've been more and more interested in Streamate lately! I'm sure I will end up giving it a try, and totally doing the clips, I'm actually editing one right now! Hope I can improve and find the right people for my body :rock:

I used to work with a girl in the strip club who called her stretch marks "tiger stripes". The guys loved it.

That line you said about you wearing the same outfit every day and no one noticing.. really made me laugh. Thanks for the share info of the additional websites. I will def look into them.. as long as we can still work on other sites as well..?

Mfc is cool because viewers can see previews of your cam. What I did was open a separate page and view all the cams, check your placement and scroll down to girls with similar placement. Then make sure your cam stands out more than them. Whether it’s your dancing, angles, lighting, background; all
These little things together make a big difference.

A tip for making clips: Try to make several very different kind of niche vids. For example a bj vid, a beautiful agony vid, a taboo vid, JOI, or even some fetish vids like femdom, feet, giantess, etc, etc. as long as your comfortable with it ofcourse.
If someone searches for example feet, and stumbles upon your vid, he may become a fan.
For me, I found several models just by searching certain niches.

Reactions: aliceisonfire
A tip for making clips: Try to make several very different kind of niche vids. For example a bj vid, a beautiful agony vid, a taboo vid, JOI, or even some fetish vids like femdom, feet, giantess, etc, etc. as long as your comfortable with it ofcourse.
If someone searches for example feet, and stumbles upon your vid, he may become a fan.
For me, I found several models just by searching certain niches.
Can anyone explain what is beautiful agony? I have watched some videos and I don't understand it. It just seems to be a solo orgasm in pretty lingerie?

Can anyone explain what is beautiful agony? I have watched some videos and I don't understand it. It just seems to be a solo orgasm in pretty lingerie?
Not quite. It's an up close footage of a persons face as they masturbate. Its named after the site that specialised in it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: GoddessV
Is it possible to be a successful cam model being a totally average girl?

Yes it is, You can found successful girls with an average body (no boobs or ass enhance or gym body).

But I personally think that the goal is not to be "successful", the goal is to make good profits.

In my own case, I think I never be "succesful" (more if CB and OF not make me age verified again) cause i'm a TS-TV model, but I'm happy to get tipped and it makes me happy that guys enjoy my shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.