AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Feeling too poor to webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2017
As of right now there is zero dollars in my bank account. I have a total of 20 dollars made through two camming sites that I can't withdraw because of stupid withdraw limit regulations. I tried buying two sexy outfits as I have no sexy underwear (just regular bra and panties) and my credit card was declined. I don't have a nice webcam ...only built in webcam from my hp laptop..no microphone, (built in too) no props,no sex toys, can't style my hair at the beauty salon. I don't have high qualities pictures of myself to sell and to make it all harderI am actually a virgin in real life. Of course I play with myself (self-penetration, masturbation, talking dirty, and all that stuff that doesn't require a partner) but I worry that others can tell I'm a virgin somehow. I don't know what to do, getting a regular job to support webcam is very hard here where I live and I hoped that camming would support me at the beginning to buy all the stuff I need to keep going but I'm not sure anymore...opinions?

The only way anyone would know if you're a virgin is if you tell them. Also, being a virgin is something you can market yourself as if you wanted to make it a part of your camming persona. Instead of working through two websites, why not just focus on one and reach the minimum payout twice as quickly?

Sexy lingerie is almost always number one on veteran model's lists of "what did you waste money on when you first started". Basic bra and panties are fine.

Try to rock the newbie thing -- wear your cute street clothes and normal panties/bra. Your first priority when you get some money should be to buy a good webcam, which will have a totally sufficient built-in mic. Do your best with what you have in terms of lighting for now. Toys aren't necessary to start either and you're better off to wait and buy high quality toys than just pick up some cheap ones. Being new and inexperienced can be a big draw for some members!! You could do a fundraiser for a new webcam as well.

What websites are you on?

What website do you work on? I started out with a crappy laptop and built in cam and horrible internet. And I gradually bought everything I needed. Even with your built in webcam you can make it look halfway decent with really good lighting. You might have to work more hours to make enough to buy what you need but you will get there.

I agree with bob. Market the hell out of the virgin thing. Room topic: "I'm a virgin teach me how to play with myself." Let them take you to private. Guys will eat it up. Especially the Dom's that like to control you and watch you get pleasure.

Oh and also you need to create an Amazon wish list. Put items on your list that you need for camming. Make sure to promote it in your room. If you are serious about camming guys will help you get what you need. If you have a Twitter. Promote your wish list on there as well.

If you're going to market yourself as a virgin, and/or if you're going to ask for Amazon gift cards, pleeeeease read the common scams page and the Amazon page on camgirlwiki.com

I mean you should read it regardless (all camgirls should) but those two things are like lightning rods for scammers so be sure to read up and be sharp about it!!

Personally I advise against using an Amazon wishlist (rather than just accepting tokens gift cards via email) when you first start as it's very easy for clients to get your address from that and I think it overcomplicates things. If you do use Amazon, you need to use a mail receiving service or a PO box with your fake name.

Yes. Gift cards are the better option for sure. There is a setting where you can hide your address on your wish list though.

Reactions: eyeteach
Yes. Gift cards are the better option for sure. There is a setting where you can hide your address on your wish list though.

That isn't the problem. The problem is that the person can contact Amazon about an "issue" with the order and get your address that way.

(I've had a P.O. Box the entire time I've been a sex worker, so I luckily never had to worry about it)

Even with the address "hidden" it is easily revealed to a buyer. Amazon actually says the list is supposed to be for friends, soooo they aren't in the business of keeping privacy.

There was a case of a gal also having a return on a giftcard so nothing is really "safe" unless it's designed for us to use.

Being a virgin is irrelevant unless you use it as a marketing tool. Even as a total hoebag, how I pleasure myself is not based on the way my partners have tried to please me and is quite different from requests I would get.

Regarding having no money, there is no guarantee of money in this job, for all you know it may not pay what you need. I would really advocate looking for other income while you get rolling with this. I don't know if you mean hard because there are no jobs? You can't physically do the job? Keep in mind camming is hard as you may be coming to realize AND there is no assurance you will get paid for the effort you put in. And as has been mentioned, don't worry about the undies thing. Wear what you've got, be smart with your spending and invest in the things that matter - a cute panty set won't look cute if your camera is potato quality, invest in a cam first and foremost. If you are really serious about this job I would take the time to learn proper financial management so you don't blow all your money on silly things.

I don't want to say there is no such thing as too poor to cam ... but realisticly there is. You need a good computer and to be able to afford that plus internet. But if you save your pennies you can get better equipment that will make this job better and POTENTIALLY more profitable. Good equipment still isn't even a sure way to money, some girls still struggle with amazing camera, lights computer etc.

If you're desperate for money I would really honestly advocate for getting a vanilla job to help you get stable and even see if this is something you can sustainably do.

If you're desperate for money I would really honestly advocate for getting a vanilla job to help you get stable and even see if this is something you can sustainably do.

This. Camming isn't a "get cash fast" industry. If you want cash fast, waitress or bartend, you literally walk out every night with money in your pocket. Do odd jobs for neighbors or on Craigslist. Things that have people literally handing you cash every day are the only jobs where you can genuinely make money fast.

Dp, but this.
can't style my hair at the beauty salon

I fail to see the relevance of this? There's really no need to go to a salon for anything camming related. Do whatever you normally do with it.

Instead of focusing on what you don't have, focus on the positive things that you do have and the things that you can do on cam. Things that make you different can set you apart in this industry such as being a virgin. Like others have said, use that to your advantage!!! Guys will love it!

Dawn Willow's first show ever was in a closet with a hair brush as a dildo and a built in webcam/mic. She didn't even get paid for it because she thought she'd get paid automatically (poor girl lol). Now, she's an AVN award winning camgirl with dope fake boobs and a very respectable income.
You can do it! I believe in you:h:

Also, market yourself as a virgin!! That's SO rare and awesome.

i havnt been to a hair salon since i was a teenager :p you really dont need to look like one style of person to cam, this is one of the first lessons you learn. That first cam session where you stop wearing false lashes, hair extensions and havent shaved your legs, but you make the same $$$ is really eye opening :p

if you want an unpaid trial or confidence boost try a swingers website with cam features, thats how i started camming. Me and the bf would get home drunk and want people to watch, then one day i thought 'i wonder if i could be getting paid for this' LOL

I'd spend my money on buying a decent webcam and a few staple toys (though you can absolutely work toy-free if you want to) long before I worried about fancy lingerie or getting my hair done.

That isn't the problem. The problem is that the person can contact Amazon about an "issue" with the order and get your address that way.

(I've had a P.O. Box the entire time I've been a sex worker, so I luckily never had to worry about it)
There have also been cases where the company that delivers the gift (FedEx,UPS) gives the models address to the member.

Last edited:
you can get round this by not adding any 3rd party sellers to your wishlist, if you are uk for example only add items supplied by amazon.co.uk
From what I understand, with Amazon's US website, doing that does not patch the vulnerability with FedEX and UPS.

Reactions: AmberCutie
From what I understand, with Amazon's US website, doing that does not patch the vulnerability with FedEX and UPS.

If they can get access to the tracking number, they can at least find out the city that you live in.

you can get round this by not adding any 3rd party sellers to your wishlist, if you are uk for example only add items supplied by amazon.co.uk
That's not foolproof. I sent gifts to a model using only Amazon items and still gotten their address. (Likewise, I've gotten members addresses listed on the invoice when they've sent me gifts.)

Like @Serenity_Tam said, Amazon isn't at all concerned about privacy between wishlist exchanges, because it's not meant for that. Trusting a business with something as important as your address when they acknowledge they aren't worried about keeping it private is not a good idea.

hey! Poor girl here. I started camming while living with my parents and unable to make, like, anyyyyy noise while camming. I can barely afford my rent right now nonetheless makeup or a hitachi or all the fun toys. I have a dildo and a flogger and I get on every. day. Just to build up followers. I make about 75-100 a day if I'm on for 8 hours. It can be done. For REAL. The key is to afford yourself self-care and just press that GD broadcast button every day at the same time and then before you know it you get that DING A LING ~~regularr~~. I'm not in the best shape financially and I'll have to move back in with my parents soon to save up for school. It's hard but if i can do it you can. you got this.

I'm new to camming (4 months) but I started out with my laptop and the built in webcam/mic.

I decided to invest a portion of all of my earnings back into camming. Including any Amazon GC earnings. I bought lights, then a better web cam, toys, outfits, etc.

I would also try to focus on one website vs multiple places. One other very helpful piece of advice I got was to make a schedule and STICK TO IT. Regulars will look for you, and it's easier for them to find you if they know when you will be on. If you are on MFC, another very helpful piece of advice I got was to ignore your cam score for now. You can't earn tokens if you aren't there for members to see you.

Status
Not open for further replies.