AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

1st Month As A Model; Wondering If My Earnings Are Good Enough?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2016
cams.com
Hi lovely ladies,

I am a new model, Aprillovv. I have been peeping on this forum for awhile and am super stoked to be part of a community with fellow cam models. :)

I have been working part time in a job outside of camming for awhile now that doesn't pay shit and consumes my life. I am at the point where I can and would love to focus on being a cam model full time. My biggest question is; Are my first month earnings any good? Are they good enough that I could potentially have a good solid couple years in camming if I decided to do it full time?

I am MOSTLY on Streamray. (Cams, playwithme, and aff) This is where I have made the most. I typically work 4-5 days a week, working 2-3 hours a night. Sometimes a little more. In the past 30 days I have earned $1700 on Streamray. I am favorited by 600 people, and have 19 monthly paying fan club members.

I have made about $300 on MFC and $100 on Chaturbate. Mind you, I only went on Chaturbate once, and MFC about 5 times.

Are these earnings lower than average? typical? higher? This being my first month. I haven't really found much info on what to expect to make in your first month. I'd love some input! & would also love to learn what helped you girls when you first started.

Much loveee :h:

We don't know what your bills are so i don't think anyone can say it's enough or not.

I always strive to make bills plus extra to put away so I can retire from adult work.

The crummy thing about cam is it isn't always stable so it's hard to gauge off one month as well. I was full time straight away. But I was more successful in my first year dollar wise than I have been the past two years combined on cam.

A positive for having a vanilla job is not only stability, but having something to put on a resume if you aren't planning on becoming a career sex worker.

Also. Hi. This place is full of info and its great you found it. Acf saved me when I first started camming. Read everything. Absorb it all. Seriously. This place is such a wealth of info and you are a step ahead by being here in the beginning. Also. Cam consistently esp. In the beginning. Also also. Don't forget taxes when looking at your income. Best of luck!!! :)

Hi lovely ladies,

I am a new model, Aprillovv. I have been peeping on this forum for awhile and am super stoked to be part of a community with fellow cam models. :)

I have been working part time in a job outside of camming for awhile now that doesn't pay shit and consumes my life. I am at the point where I can and would love to focus on being a cam model full time. My biggest question is; Are my first month earnings any good? Are they good enough that I could potentially have a good solid couple years in camming if I decided to do it full time?

I am MOSTLY on Streamray. (Cams, playwithme, and aff) This is where I have made the most. I typically work 4-5 days a week, working 2-3 hours a night. Sometimes a little more. In the past 30 days I have earned $1700 on Streamray. I am favorited by 600 people, and have 19 monthly paying fan club members.

I have made about $300 on MFC and $100 on Chaturbate. Mind you, I only went on Chaturbate once, and MFC about 5 times.

Are these earnings lower than average? typical? higher? This being my first month. I haven't really found much info on what to expect to make in your first month. I'd love some input! & would also love to learn what helped you girls when you first started.

Much loveee :h:
I'm new as well (actually, I haven't even cammed yet lol) and I'd say that you should be very proud of yourself! I think the ultimate fear with starting out is that you wont make anything :( and thankfully you didn't have that happen to you.

Thanks girls :) Im quite happy, and really enjoy it. I love bringing out an alter ego but, an ego that is still along the lines of the real me. It makes it much more easy to maintain. I actually was a stay at home mom for awhile, and just had a part-time job that I wasn't really enjoying so as far as my resume, I'll just say my gap in employment was staying at home with the kiddo again :p & luckily I don't have many bills at all.

And by the way, I am beyond gratefull I found this forum before I got more into camming. The advice I have read from fellow models is incredibly helpful. You guys are amazing.

Reactions: AudDust
I'm not sure what 'good enough' means.. It depends on your lifestyle and how much necessities cost. If you can consistently make a living (pay bills, food, ect. with some extra) I think that's 'good enough' but the actual amount varies by person and situation.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
As you sound like you would love some comparison to other models (and as I am really curious about what other newbies earn myself):
We have been online 3 times now. First time we made about 45$ for a few hours, second time (one week later) we made like 5$ and third time we didn't get any tips (but also were online for only about 2 hours, so...). The good thing: We already do have more than 450 followers, so it seems that some people enjoy watching us. :)
It's probably not quite comparable to you, as we are camming as a m/f couple on chaturbate and doing kinky (bdsm) stuff, but I thought you might be interessted in what others are earning.
About your question whether 1700$ are 'good enough': For me, personally, it would probably be enough. Of course it depends on where you are living (rent, food, pets, ...), how much you want to save for later times and so on. To someone completely new to this adult web cam scene, 1700$ a month sounds like much money. And as long as you like it I'd recommend to just carry on. :)

It is hard to say if it is good enough or not, since we don't know what your bills, spending habits, savings, goals, etc. are.. But it seems you are off to a good start!! I run my own business, a few actually, so I do each of them plus camming part time-ish.. If that makes sense :D I don't care about the resume since I have the other businesses as well. But my goals are to pay off my debt, put a good bit into savings, and buy some rental properties so that when I decide i've had enough, I have other stuff to fall back on money wise.. So my suggestion would be, to sit down, write out your bills, goals, etc and see what that figure comes to. Then go achieve it :D Good Luck!

If you're in the U.S., don't forget that you'll pay about 30% of each paycheck to taxes...that's something you'll have to set aside yourself to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.