AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Automatically add tip note

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2018
Hi, I'm working on a models profile and i am trying include a link to tip her on her profile. The basic format I am using is <a href="http://mfc.im/(model name)/t/232/"tip note here" class="tip" target="_blank">"

The problem is, doing it the way listed above would give me the desired tip note, but it also auto fills the tip amount to 232 tokens. So I am trying to figure out how to get the tip amount to be blank to be filled in by the member, while still keeping the tip note.

Any suggestions? I have tried replacing the 232 with # and '#' and neither seems to work.

I don't do MFC profiles, but what you want is not possible with static HTML since you need to rewrite the URL to insert the tip amount. Are you allowed to embed some JavaScript in the profile? If not, the simplest option would be to simply have several links with different tip amounts.

BTW: A question mark is used to mark the start of a "query string" in the URL and will not work for this.

Upvote 0
Try this HTML pattern:
HTML:
<a href="https://www.myfreecams.com/php/tip.php?&request=tip&broadcaster_id=xxxxxxxx&comment=Send+me+a+tip!">Tip me here!</a>

Please note that the "xxxxxxxx" in the HTML pattern above MUST be replaced by the unique Broadcaster ID that is assigned to the model. There are a number of ways to get this number. One of which is to look at the URL of any one of her pics in her profile. Within the URL, you will find a sequence of 8 digits nested between two forward slashes (/). That's her "broadcaster_id" that you will need to replace the "xxxxxxxx" in the HTML above. Hope this helps.

Also, this probably does not need to be mentioned, but the above example uses text as the link to make the tip. You can obviously replace the text with an image if it is more desired to click an image to tip the model.

Upvote 0
asofo! Thanks! That's exactly what I needed! Tip amount is blank and I have a customized tip note inserted. And I did know about the broadcaster id hehe. That's always the easy part! Although sometimes I have noticed the models name has been inserted in some other profile I have viewed.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Hmmm. ok, asofo's solution works great! But now I'm wondering if I can get a bit more picky. The tip window opens, the auto tip note is inserted properly, and the tip amount is blank.

But now I am wondering... When a member tips, they can control who sees the tip. 1) Only the Model, or 2) Model and Chat Room. I know a member can manually change that. But now I wonder if it can be changed to automatically place Model and Chat Room in the tip window? Any ideas?

Upvote 0
Glad it worked for you.
Although sometimes I have noticed the models name has been inserted in some other profile I have viewed.
A model's Broadcaster ID will never change, while her name might possibly change at any time. Safer to use the Broadcaster ID in the HTML.
But now I wonder if it can be changed to automatically place Model and Chat Room in the tip window?
I have looked into this before and concluded that what you are trying to do (automatically set the privacy settings of the tip) is currently not possible.

Reactions: AmberCutie
Upvote 0
When a member tips, they can control who sees the tip. 1) Only the Model, or 2) Model and Chat Room. I know a member can manually change that. But now I wonder if it can be changed to automatically place Model and Chat Room in the tip window? Any ideas?
I am pretty sure these options will always follow what the member had their preferences set to last. This is not something the model should control.

Reactions: asafo and Fatquack
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.