AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner's questions- please help a girl out!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Does anyone have any warnings and things to watch out for when starting out? I plan to start soon and I just want to be careful. And also what things should be focused on the most on the first day/week?

Watch out for:

1) Foot fetishists, beggars in general: don't be nice to random people.
2) Guys who want to scam you. Avoid selling Skype shows or using any payment method other than tokens.
3) Dudes that say they are MFC admins (or model managers) and they need to speak to you about anything. Don't fall for that.

Be careful of:

1) Don't do anything you don't want your family and friends to eventually see. They will find out, your videos will come out.
2) Build your profile carefully, reverse search your own photos in google images to see if they lead back to your real name. If a member finds it they will try to use it to blackmail you.
3) Avoid telling people specifics about where you live. It is easier down the road.

Edit: also avoid getting amazon wishlists. They gave away my address to a stalker. If you must accept gifts, go with giftcards.

Wouldn't they need my address to give me giftcards anyway? How would I be able to let them do that?

Watch out for:

1) Foot fetishists, beggars in general: don't be nice to random people.
2) Guys who want to scam you. Avoid selling Skype shows or using any payment method other than tokens.
3) Dudes that say they are MFC admins (or model managers) and they need to speak to you about anything. Don't fall for that.

Be careful of:

1) Don't do anything you don't want your family and friends to eventually see. They will find out, your videos will come out.
2) Build your profile carefully, reverse search your own photos in google images to see if they lead back to your real name. If a member finds it they will try to use it to blackmail you.
3) Avoid telling people specifics about where you live. It is easier down the road.

Edit: also avoid getting amazon wishlists. They gave away my address to a stalker. If you must accept gifts, go with giftcards.

Wouldn't they need my address to give me giftcards anyway? How would I be able to let them do that?

Yeah, they need your email address. So make one specifically for camming (like VioletWitchMFC@yahoo or whatever). But the first few days, it is best to only accept tokens so that you get that bump in camscore. Worry about giftcards later on.

BLOCK YOUR PMs to friends only. Charge them at least 100 tokens starting out to be allowed to PM you. My first night, I got over 80 PMs from random people within the first few hours. It was... overwhelming... to say the least. And only about 1% of those who are wasting your time in PM are ever even gonna tip you. So just make it where they have to tip you for your time.

Lock down your Facebook.

Know exactly where you're gonna say you're from. If you're okay with them knowing the state you live in, cool. But beware that they will pick up on small details (like the weather/specific restaurants & stores/accent) and try to pinpoint where you live regardless. DO NOT say anything that can give them an idea of how to find you or possibly "out" you to people you know. Don't give times of when you're in class or places that you used to work.

Don't use your real name. ANYWHERE related to camming.(except for directly to your camsite for payment and tax purposes). When you set up your cam email, put your FAKE name in the boxes "Violet (first name) Witch (last name)."

That's all I can think of right now. I'll be back to add more if I can remember them.

Does anyone have any warnings and things to watch out for when starting out? I plan to start soon and I just want to be careful. And also what things should be focused on the most on the first day/week?

Something that I wished I did when starting out was going online every day while I was new. Depending on what website you will be camming with, some sites will tag your profile as "New Model" for members to see.

A few things that I think are important :
Talking! Members want to hear your voice and put it to your face and personality.
Actively broadcasting
Always accept payment first before any service you offer, same thing for gift cards, they can look very real!
Be aware of the sound/image of when you are getting tipped/paid
Read the Terms of Services/Code of Conduct thoroughly
Lighting for cam space is really important!
Don't be afraid to check out other models to get tips and ideas

This list could go on for pages! Each site is different. AFC has a lot of information to help guide you. Good luck and happy camming!

A few things I've figured out by messing around in my room/chat. never did figure out how to watch a guys cam. Of course every single guy wants to help and swears it will work for his...LOL I tried and tried. Finally saw that I had to click on view cam in the PM window, but still it didn't work. I didn't see anything. Funny thing when I tried, the guy said on his end it was telling him I WAS watching? Oh well, now I just tell them I don't watch cams. ;-( which sucks because I do enjoy watching guy's cams.

Thanks guys! I did figure out that if I do Skype it will only be for tokens.
I also applied to get 'model status' but since the page said it can take a while before I get approved I thought I'd just start asking questions as I'm excited to start :)

ditto, I'm new too and I think it will be alot of fun but I'm starting out kinda hard up for money so I am overthinking everything....I keep signing on though. It's going pretty well but the awkward feeling is still there for me. I'm also really frustrated with the CSS for my profile. I know some basic coding and stuff but I can't see the content to add any of my own links and such...I noticed a lot of models have links for offline tipping and such...maybe I'm rushing and missing stuff but I know Im not an idiot so it must be some minor detail I am missing....

Hi everybody,

First of all I am so glad to have found this forum with all these gorgeous and sweet girls! I hope you don't mind my questions.
I am very new to camming. I've thought about it for a long time but never did it (was married, had a baby and was uncomfortable with my body for a while etc. etc.), and now that I'm newly single and could use some extra $$$ next to my part time bartending job I thought why the hell not? It seems like fun :)

So I signed up for MFC, got accepted and went online last night to kinda see what the drill is and how this stuff works, and I found myself a little overwhelmed and not really knowing what to do, so I'm hoping you girls can help me out!
A lot of guys started privately chatting to me, and most of them wanted Skype sessions to which I declined, I'm not doing Skype sessions, or at least not yet. So how do you get someone to go into private session with you? How do you politely discuss before hand what you do and don't do? And how far did you go when you started out? It made me a little nervous to have all these guys talking to me. I don't have any sextoys, and I'd love to hear some experiences because it seems so weird/different to suddenly play with myself in front of a cam. How do you set/find your boundaries?
Also, when I was chatting the mic kept going in between no volume/low volume, I can't seem to find what the problem is because I have a Mac with an automatic built in cam and mic so it should just work?
Sorry for all these super basic questions but I'd really love to hear your first time experiences, so that I can develop myself a little more in this webcamming world :)

Thanks so much! I look forward to your answers :)
I've been camming for over a year now, I reccomend asking to be tipped for pms if they want a skype show just because typically if they won't tip for that they won't always tip for a show. You can have a notepad up to copy and paste what you offer and what your rates are. Tokens are the best to get for them that way you can't be scammed. I have a yeti mic, and it's the best thing i've ever bought!
As far as getting on cam and it being something different for you it will eventually just come naturally once you have a good fan basis, you'll get people you can relate to and regulars that you can talk to and or just have fun with in general on cam:) I hope you have a blast on cam and if there's ever any questions or comments you might have you're more than welcome to as me! I have no issue with helping a fellow camgirl out :h:

I've been camming for over a year now, I reccomend asking to be tipped for pms if they want a skype show just because typically if they won't tip for that they won't always tip for a show. You can have a notepad up to copy and paste what you offer and what your rates are. Tokens are the best to get for them that way you can't be scammed. I have a yeti mic, and it's the best thing i've ever bought!
As far as getting on cam and it being something different for you it will eventually just come naturally once you have a good fan basis, you'll get people you can relate to and regulars that you can talk to and or just have fun with in general on cam:) I hope you have a blast on cam and if there's ever any questions or comments you might have you're more than welcome to as me! I have no issue with helping a fellow camgirl out :h:

Hi! So I started camming a little bit ago and my cam score fell 300 points and ever since then I've found it so hard to make any money compared to when I first started. So I have a few questions: 1: I have like a job in real life because I wasn't prepared to quit and risk not making enough money to support myself and if I did slowly cut my shifts down. 2: how exactly do you block PMs? I searched and searched but couldn't find how. 3: I feel like I'm not too shy but I kind of am and at the start a lot of the guys found it cute and I played up on it a bit and it really worked for me and had my best night camming that night. Do you think maybe I should just start over with a new profile and try cut back my shifts at work? Sorry to overwhelm you with questions. Do you know ways I could advertise myself outside of MFC to get members to come see my show? Is there like a Twitter or Instagram pages I could find? Do you know anyone that does it part time that is successful?

• Hugs
Reactions: Puffin
A few things I've figured out by messing around in my room/chat. never did figure out how to watch a guys cam. Of course every single guy wants to help and swears it will work for his...LOL I tried and tried. Finally saw that I had to click on view cam in the PM window, but still it didn't work. I didn't see anything. Funny thing when I tried, the guy said on his end it was telling him I WAS watching? Oh well, now I just tell them I don't watch cams. ;-( which sucks because I do enjoy watching guy's cams.
Did you try minimizing your browser window for a moment? It opens in a new window and sometimes it gets lost in the background.

I'm sure this question has already been asked but does myfreecams take rights to models photos and videos and use them else where online? Or is there something in the contract that prevents that?

I'm sure this question has already been asked but does myfreecams take rights to models photos and videos and use them else where online? Or is there something in the contract that prevents that?
Your live stream is theirs. Your images used on the site are theirs.

Videos you sell that you host on other sites are your own. It's either in the wiki or the sign up you go through.

MFC will NEVER post your stuff though. I am sure if someone tried to be a politician post camming they might sell it to the highest bidder lol but right now as far as I know they will not post you on the internet without your knowledge.

Or you sign up with Skyprivate as well like I did. And like it was said before don't do PayPal. It's like giving a free show because they can easily get a refund or freeze your funds. I seen so many models make this mistake.

I am not a model, but if you ever do start to do Skype shows get paid in tokens to prevent getting scammed by users reporting your PayPal account as an adult business in order to get a refund after the show.

• Helpful!
Reactions: HoneyYoni
All of this stuff is so helpful! I have a kinda specific beginner's question...

So I can't really do video stuff because at the moment I share an apartment with someone, hardly have time alone because of it. But I am trying to build a base with my tumblr so that in the next few months when I move out, I can bring people over to MFC.

That being said, I'm a bit stuck on payment. I was going to do custom pictures, maybe even do custom erotic stories since I love writing. I can't do tokens through tumblr (obviously), and I know now not to use PayPal, but what about getting payment through Visa giftcards? Does anyone have experience with either getting plastic cards or egiftcards through them?

Again, yay for all this helpful info and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else!

All of this stuff is so helpful! I have a kinda specific beginner's question...

So I can't really do video stuff because at the moment I share an apartment with someone, hardly have time alone because of it. But I am trying to build a base with my tumblr so that in the next few months when I move out, I can bring people over to MFC.

That being said, I'm a bit stuck on payment. I was going to do custom pictures, maybe even do custom erotic stories since I love writing. I can't do tokens through tumblr (obviously), and I know now not to use PayPal, but what about getting payment through Visa giftcards? Does anyone have experience with either getting plastic cards or egiftcards through them?

Again, yay for all this helpful info and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else!

You can set up a niteflirt account and sell them as goodies, and I know iwantclips allows for photo sales as well. Manyvids allows for selling of items so I think you could work these thing in that category as well.

Personally I wouldn't accept physical giftcards because they must be mailed, so then you would have to set up a po box and mail forwarding which can be pricey when first starting out. There used to be a thread on sex work safe payment methods. I will see if I can dig it up. Be wary with giftcards as they can be used for phishing or even cancelled after you get them. Before commiting to a product use that giftcard up and have whatever you are buying with it in hand.

I don't know how successful people are with bringing people over from tumblr to being paying members on cam sites - @KayleePond had a tumblr following before starting I believe and may be able to answer this better?

Does the person you share an apartment with work? If they have a consistent work schedule perhaps you could make this your work time as well?

Don't add anyone who offers to "teach you the ropes." All they do is take up your attention while they spew about how they have a book you can read to be successful, ect.

Hi everybody,

First of all I am so glad to have found this forum with all these gorgeous and sweet girls! I hope you don't mind my questions.
I am very new to camming. I've thought about it for a long time but never did it (was married, had a baby and was uncomfortable with my body for a while etc. etc.), and now that I'm newly single and could use some extra $$$ next to my part time bartending job I thought why the hell not? It seems like fun :)

So I signed up for MFC, got accepted and went online last night to kinda see what the drill is and how this stuff works, and I found myself a little overwhelmed and not really knowing what to do, so I'm hoping you girls can help me out!
A lot of guys started privately chatting to me, and most of them wanted Skype sessions to which I declined, I'm not doing Skype sessions, or at least not yet. So how do you get someone to go into private session with you? How do you politely discuss before hand what you do and don't do? And how far did you go when you started out? It made me a little nervous to have all these guys talking to me. I don't have any sextoys, and I'd love to hear some experiences because it seems so weird/different to suddenly play with myself in front of a cam. How do you set/find your boundaries?
Also, when I was chatting the mic kept going in between no volume/low volume, I can't seem to find what the problem is because I have a Mac with an automatic built in cam and mic so it should just work?
Sorry for all these super basic questions but I'd really love to hear your first time experiences, so that I can develop myself a little more in this webcamming world :)

Thanks so much! I look forward to your answers :)
Hi sweetie! use the web based broadcaster, it was one of the best changes I could have made. My cam would always freeze and my sound wasn't great either using the installed software. Do things that you truly enjoy and you think would be fun. Dance, play game, be goofy, whatever works for you. You can put what you are into and what your boundaries are on your profile. I have a section that says my kinks and I tell them exactly what I am into. It's been wonderful. Check out what's on my profile. Look up MissMiaShelby to give yourself some ideas :)

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Hi sweetie! use the web based broadcaster, it was one of the best changes I could have made. My cam would always freeze and my sound wasn't great either using the installed software. Do things that you truly enjoy and you think would be fun. Dance, play game, be goofy, whatever works for you. You can put what you are into and what your boundaries are on your profile. I have a section that says my kinks and I tell them exactly what I am into. It's been wonderful. Check out what's on my profile. Look up MissMiaShelby to give yourself some ideas :)

I agree with Mia totally (btw Mia, huge fan!) the web based broadcaster is much better all around. it has more support from mfc, and I find the layout to be more user friendly.

The best advice I can think to give is just be you. If you don't feel comfortable doing something, don't hold back saying it simply because you are afraid to hurt a guys feelings. There a million more guys that will come along, and like you for you.

Definitely start charging for PMs. Some girls, most girls charge 100-200 for friends list and then allow only friends to PM you. I personally don't think this is fair to the tippers and people chatting in public, not to mention PMs can get very overwhelming and time consuming, so I charge for day passes. Some guys complain, and I tell them that maybe I am not the model for them. And others are respectful and don't try and push my boundaries.

As far as privates go, make sure to set the rules up front so both people know what they are getting into. You can set a minimum token amount in your settings (under advanced) to prevent people from lying about the amount of tokens they have. And make sure if you decide to start accepting skype shows, that you are firm when the time is up but most importantly be aware that offline tips are pink in MFC mail.

Just like in the real world, there will always be rotten people trying to take advantage and upset you, ignore them, ban them, mock them if you please. Just don't let them drag you down.

You're beautiful, you seem super friendly, let that shine through!!

And of course, welcome to the gang :)

I agree with Mia totally (btw Mia, huge fan!) the web based broadcaster is much better all around. it has more support from mfc, and I find the layout to be more user friendly.
Thank you so much!! Glad to hear it! And great advice above!

• Hugs
Bless this entire thread! I've broadcasted about three hours of what I've called my "training wheel" sessions on MFC, and I got pretty discouraged by the weak response I received. This thread has been a huge help and has revived my energy to get back on cam :)

Maybe this isn't the right spot to ask, but I'm having trouble with members dirty talking to me in public chat. I have a rule that says I only accept/respond to dirty talk in tip notes, but that hasn't stopped anyone...

So, what do other models do? Ban them? Grin and bear it?

• Hugs
Hey girls! Have one silly question here, I was looking through model's profiles to give me an idea on how to build mine and found a lot of girls have ''mute/unmute'' in their tip menus. How does that work? You turn your sound off until someone unmutes you? that's what I understand but I can be wrong haha
THANK YOU

Bless this entire thread! I've broadcasted about three hours of what I've called my "training wheel" sessions on MFC, and I got pretty discouraged by the weak response I received. This thread has been a huge help and has revived my energy to get back on cam :)

Maybe this isn't the right spot to ask, but I'm having trouble with members dirty talking to me in public chat. I have a rule that says I only accept/respond to dirty talk in tip notes, but that hasn't stopped anyone...

Tell them to stop. If they don't stop, ban them. You don't have to grin and bear anything you don't want to do, especially if it's people taking advantage of you like that (taking advantage because they are getting something for free that you ask for tokens for). Obviously, I'm sure there are some things ALL of us put up with that kind of bug us but don't let people take advantage of you. It's your room and your rules.

Interesting approach. I'm not one of the models who doesn't allow dirty talk in my room, unless something is fetish related I think it actually promotes a fun environment in the room.

I would suggest kindly reminding the members of your rule, and go with a three strikes policy - three warnings and you're out. But I wouldn't recommend making banning a huge habit. That should be reserved for the really obnoxious or rude guys. (sometimes on a bad day I struggle with taking my own advice here)

Overall, I would suggest you just ignore them, and focus positive energy on the people who do follow your rules. BEING POSITIVE ALWAYS BREED MORE GOOD VIBES!

Reactions: GoldieFox_
Interesting approach. I'm not one of the models who doesn't allow dirty talk in my room, unless something is fetish related I think it actually promotes a fun environment in the room.

I would suggest kindly reminding the members of your rule, and go with a three strikes policy - three warnings and you're out. But I wouldn't recommend making banning a huge habit. That should be reserved for the really obnoxious or rude guys. (sometimes on a bad day I struggle with taking my own advice here)

Overall, I would suggest you just ignore them, and focus positive energy on the people who do follow your rules. BEING POSITIVE ALWAYS BREED MORE GOOD VIBES!

I just really prefer someone to say hello and strike up a little conversation before I respond warmly to someone talking about how much they want to eat my pussy/stick their dick in me/etc.

Thank you for the helpful responses! I'm doing my best to stay positive (and I've been watching my for my Resting Bitch Face). I struggle a lot when there are only a few premium members in my room and no one is talking, playing games, or tipping. I end up just singing to myself a lot in my room. Of course, I know already it just takes time--some models got that spark and click right away, but I gonna have to work at it.