AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best way to share videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly Kat

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 17, 2015
East Coast
chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@mollykat94
Chaturbate Username
MollyKat
Hello everyone!
I'm a CB model and have some questions about the best way to share videos.
I sell my videos for Amazon Gift cards so I get the entire amount instead of Many Vids. Previously I used google drive to send them but it lets people download the video and share. I was wondering if anyone has a smarter way to send videos with out them getting sent to other people. I understand when someone buys my video they should be able to have full access to it but obviously I don't want it to be sent to other people for free.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Xoxo Molly Kat

Hello everyone!
I'm a CB model and have some questions about the best way to share videos.
I sell my videos for Amazon Gift cards so I get the entire amount instead of Many Vids. Previously I used google drive to send them but it lets people download the video and share. I was wondering if anyone has a smarter way to send videos with out them getting sent to other people. I understand when someone buys my video they should be able to have full access to it but obviously I don't want it to be sent to other people for free.
Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
Xoxo Molly Kat

Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but I don't see how it's possible to prevent people from sending videos to other people, regardless of where the video was downloaded from. Only if the video has some type of DRM technology (e.g., that limits it to being played on specific devices, by authorized users) would this be possible. I have a number of videos obtained from various sources (MV, Google Drive, a couple of others I can't remember), and as far as I can tell, I can manually share all of them.

Google Drive does make content easy to share, but that's one of its features. Once I'm in possession of a video from any source, I can (from a technical standpoint) manually share it however I want--though I don't, of course.

Reactions: Gen
https://www.projectmaenad.com/ is popular. They're camgirl focused, provide tracking, and allow time and download count limits.

As Osmia said, there's no foolproof way to really prevent sharing though, short of the full-blown commercial HDCP based solutions that Netflix, etc use, and even those are defeatable with hardware. Plus members generally expect that they get to download a keep a copy of the video forever, vs. just getting to stream it until the model decides to take it down.

https://www.projectmaenad.com/ is definitely the way to go. You can set download limits, time limits (how long the link is active for), and/or set a password so only the person with the password has the link. If you find your content (provided through PM) on the web, you can email their support and they can track/trace who had access to the files :) It's a really great, free, hosting site.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Members normally buy your videos with the expectation of downloading a copy to keep for themselves. In that case, you cannot stop it from being shared. Hell, even if they cannot download it they can still screen cap it or whatever, and share it. Anytime you share something on the internet it can, and highly likely will be shared. Welcome to the not so glamorous part of being a cam girl. : P

Reactions: ramblin
Thank you to every one of you for replying! I do understand how hard it is to keep content from being shared as well as the right to download the video if you buy it so I appreciated all of the feedback and I will definitely check out that site!
Xoxo

Reactions: Mizzami
Thank you to every one of you for replying! I do understand how hard it is to keep content from being shared as well as the right to download the video if you buy it so I appreciated all of the feedback and I will definitely check out that site!
Xoxo
One thing I forgot to add- they also have a Live Chat option to talk to their support team, and it's basically instant replies, and you aren't talking to a bot. They helped me answer any/all questions I had in under 5 minutes :)

Status
Not open for further replies.