AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB Room Slows Down Only When Logged In

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
The last week I am having a bizarre performance issue on CB. If I go to rooms while logged into my account, there is a server performance issue and the video and audio is staggered. In about 40% of the cases where this happens, I can refresh the browser tab and it corrects. Now the really bizarre part: if I remain logged in and open a new browser window that is in anonymous mode, I can go to that room and view it at high resolution and it always works perfectly. So the window where I am logged in continues to lag, and the window where I am anonymous runs at full speed. And I am running both windows at the same time.

The fact that I have the slow-performing window and the high-performance window open at the same time proves that this is not a bandwidth problem. I measure my bandwidth with speedtest and it is fine for both download and upload speeds (more than enough for four high speed rooms simultaneously). There appears to be something associated with the state of being logged into the CB website that is introducing the delays.

Has anyone else had this happen, and is there a workaround? What are some possible causes?

The last week I am having a bizarre performance issue on CB. If I go to rooms while logged into my account, there is a server performance issue and the video and audio is staggered. In about 40% of the cases where this happens, I can refresh the browser tab and it corrects. Now the really bizarre part: if I remain logged in and open a new browser window that is in anonymous mode, I can go to that room and view it at high resolution and it always works perfectly. So the window where I am logged in continues to lag, and the window where I am anonymous runs at full speed. And I am running both windows at the same time.

The fact that I have the slow-performing window and the high-performance window open at the same time proves that this is not a bandwidth problem. I measure my bandwidth with speedtest and it is fine for both download and upload speeds (more than enough for four high speed rooms simultaneously). There appears to be something associated with the state of being logged into the CB website that is introducing the delays.

Has anyone else had this happen, and is there a workaround? What are some possible causes?
Have you tried using a different device?

Have you tried using a different device?

Not yet, but my CPU is running around 16% and my memory is not heavily used. If it were a device bottleneck, it would affect the anonymous browser window equally. The fact that it only affects my logged in sessions means CB is doing some additional work for my logged in account that affects performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.